World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Q-A-Thread)

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Clonetos - Aug. 03, 2012

bit chip collection 4! OwO sounds heavenly whats in it :3c is it bit beasts that arent usually obtained?

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Gamecreator916 - Aug. 03, 2012

this post is for primarily th!ink, but anybody else is welcome to provide opinions, but i'm trying to create some competitive combos, and i'm curious if these would be competitove combos. They are as follows:
Upper Attack
Ar:Upper claw
WD:MG WD
SG:Neo-Right(MW)
SP:Upper Attack SP
BB:Customize Grip
Endurance/survival
AR:Wing Upper
WD:10b
SP:Reverse Attack(deflector mode)
SG:Neo-Right(DBC)
BB: Customize Bearing
OHKO
ARConfusedpike Dragon
WD:10w
SG:Turbo Left EG
BB:First clutch(Dragoon GT ver.)
CEW: Metal Grip
Smash Attack
AR:8 Spiker
SG:Neo Left(S-MG Core)
BB: Volcano Change
Another Smash Combo:
AR:Cross Griffon
SG:Neo-Right(N-MG Core)
SP:Fin Tector(Attack Mode)
BB:Customize Change

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Benjohadi - Aug. 04, 2012

I somehow prefer normal left eg than left turbo for evrything with eg set up...even with metal grip cew...what it does is went rampage,berserk on the stadium..usually end up with self k.o.
But that is my experience with mfb attack stadium...not sure how it works on other stadium..

By any mean,the customize grip base is dragoon v2's right? If so..this bb works better than volcano change base in term of attack...so basically,use CGB for all of your attack customization..

If by any chance yiu have tiger defense, itnwould works better than wing upper for survival/endurance...but wing upper is still the ok with it..
(Aug. 03, 2012  6:43 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Ok consultation time

I know im gonna get polta and burning kerebeous (sorry if i mispelled it) and voltaic ape

what master beys should i get Dragoon or draciel (I know Master dragoon is good for upper attack but i hear master draciel is also good) So people if anyone can help that be good

here are some beys im contemplating on getting

Griffolyon
Gaia Dragoon V
master draciel
driger V

Also what products are A71 and A114 if anyone can fill me in on those it be great..
Driger v would be the last choice..haha
If you have galzzly,you might want to try G dragoon v for war breaker combo...
As for me...turtle smash,it was tested by th!nk for force smash and semms to be a better choice than wing survivor...but i find upoer attack customization is one of the not complicated customization..ahah..so i go with upper dragoon...besides,it is proven as one of the best upper atack ar..

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Clonetos - Aug. 04, 2012

well can someone fill me in on what a bit chip collection is? I wish to know ><

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Ultra - Aug. 04, 2012

It's just a bit chip booster which contains sheets of bit chip stickers.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Gamecreator916 - Aug. 04, 2012

(Aug. 04, 2012  2:12 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: I somehow prefer normal left eg than left turbo for evrything with eg set up...even with metal grip cew...what it does is went rampage,berserk on the stadium..usually end up with self k.o.
But that is my experience with mfb attack stadium...not sure how it works on other stadium..

By any mean,the customize grip base is dragoon v2's right? If so..this bb works better than volcano change base in term of attack...so basically,use CGB for all of your attack customization..

If by any chance yiu have tiger defense, itnwould works better than wing upper for survival/endurance...but wing upper is still the ok with it..

yes, i do have tiger defense, but unfortunately it's a sono kong one. and customize grip is dragoon v2's base. i hopefully will get a good tiger defense soon, my best bet is a hasbro jumping base, since they are pretty common, and a takara/hasbro driger s is kinda hard to come by. and the turbo left EG does tend to self KO in my tornado attack. i usually don't wind it up too much to try and prevent that from happening. and another quick question, how much would a mint hasbro trygle 2 G cost? I got an offer for mine a few days ago and i'm just wondering if it was reasonable

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - th!nk - Aug. 05, 2012

EG's can be powerful but they're pointlessly uncontrollable, and too tall to allow an AR to properly compensate for it.

As for the sonokong Tiger Defenser, get a wolborg 4, 10 balance, and jam that sucker on there. I've got five wolborg 4 EG's and my two sonokong gold TD's fit on all of them.

Okay onto your question:

Quote:Upper Attack
Ar:Upper claw
WD:MG WD
SG:Neo-Right(MW)
SP:Upper Attack SP
BB:Customize Grip
Metal Weight is one of the lighter cores. At least use an MG and try to get an HMC. I'd use 10 Heavy over MG WD for sure.

Quote:Endurance/survival
AR:Wing Upper
SP:Reverse Attack(deflector mode)
SG:Neo-Right(DBC)
BB: Customize Bearing
Eurgh no.
Don't use bearings in the same spin direction as most of the opponents you'll face without Wide Survivor (Wide Defense's notches can be a bit of a liability in same spin) unless you want to lose horribly. Use left casings and get a wide defense, if you can get a Burning Kerberous you should be able to justify the purchase of a Wide Defense if you can find one, or a wide Survivor. Not to mention better SP.

Quote:OHKO
If you have a good smash attacker you don't need a OHKO combo. Probably going to remove teh combos from Dragoon GT's article soon, EG's miss everything.

Quote:Smash Attack
AR:8 Spiker
SG:Neo Left(S-MG Core)
BB: Volcano Change
Use CGB.

Quote:Another Smash Combo:
AR:Cross Griffon
SG:Neo-Right(N-MG Core)
SP:Fin Tector(Attack Mode)
BB:Customize Change
Customize Change isn't an attack base, 10b aint an attack WD.
Use Dragoon V2's SP over fin tectors for attack btw. Fin Tectors add massive recoil problems (not to mention breakage) and only a little more attack, if any, than Dragoon V2's.

List your parts and I'll see what I can come up with once I have time.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - TheFatMan139 - Aug. 05, 2012

What would it cost me to buy a 10-heavy, flying defense, and auto-change base? I have them, but the AR and base are broken/bent from use/sitting in a box for years, so in order to compete I need to rebuy them.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Benjohadi - Aug. 05, 2012

(Aug. 05, 2012  9:54 AM)TheFatMan139 Wrote: What would it cost me to buy a 10-heavy, flying defense, and auto-change base? I have them, but the AR and base are broken/bent from use/sitting in a box for years, so in order to compete I need to rebuy them.
its hard to get them seperately..so..you might need to get one whole beyblade each...
flying defense is the trypio's ar isnt it?you should be able to get it within 10$.
auto change base..one whole bey..you might can get for 15-20$.
10 heavy is pretty much everywhere..you can get it cheap..

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Gamecreator916 - Aug. 05, 2012

Hm, the beyblades i have are:
Trygle 2(G)
Driger V2
Burning Kerberous(Howling Spirit)
Dranzer G
Driger G
Flash Leopard 2
Flame Pegasus
Trypio
Driger S
Rock Bison
Dragoon G
Griffolyon 2
Wyborg
Gigars (G)
Dragoon F
Dragoon V2
Black Dranzer
Guardian Driger
Master Dragoon
Dranzer V
Wolborg 1(x2)
Galzzly
Draciel G
and 3 combos made from spare parts
(Driger V2 AR, 10w, and dragoon GT BB and EG(broken))
(Metal Driger AR, 8b(possibly fake), and draciel V2 SP, SG and BB)
(Flash Leopard 1 AR, (6)balance, and Roller attacker base(4 layer flat base)
like you stated in a earlier post, i am trying to get better attack bases, plus i'm hoping to buy a metal driger and wolborg 4 in the hopefully near future

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - TheFatMan139 - Aug. 05, 2012

(Aug. 05, 2012  11:08 AM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2012  9:54 AM)TheFatMan139 Wrote: What would it cost me to buy a 10-heavy, flying defense, and auto-change base? I have them, but the AR and base are broken/bent from use/sitting in a box for years, so in order to compete I need to rebuy them.
its hard to get them seperately..so..you might need to get one whole beyblade each...
flying defense is the trypio's ar isnt it?you should be able to get it within 10$.
auto change base..one whole bey..you might can get for 15-20$.
10 heavy is pretty much everywhere..you can get it cheap..

and where can i buy them?

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Ultra - Aug. 05, 2012

Either from members or on ebay or something.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Clonetos - Aug. 05, 2012

ok but do they come with bit chips to put them on?

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Ultra - Aug. 05, 2012

Not really sure. I think i've seen them come with loads of black bit chips but not certain.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Clonetos - Aug. 05, 2012

(Aug. 05, 2012  6:31 PM)Ultra Wrote: Not really sure. I think i've seen them come with loads of black bit chips but not certain.

well if anyone can confirm this PLEASE let me know

Not to be a downer but unless you actually have some I don't think you'll be able to since they're quite rare these days. Haven't seen any for sale in a while.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - DynaZord - Aug. 06, 2012

Quick question;
How much does a mint Wing Defenser sell for? Not really sure on the amount, and I'm not expecting too much, but hey, if I have no use for it, might as well sell it.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Ultra - Aug. 06, 2012

Probably like $10 at most.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - th!nk - Aug. 06, 2012

(Aug. 05, 2012  3:15 PM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: Hm, the beyblades i have are:
Trygle 2(G)
Driger V2
Burning Kerberous(Howling Spirit)
Dranzer G
Driger G
Flash Leopard 2
Flame Pegasus
Trypio
Driger S
Rock Bison
Dragoon G
Griffolyon 2
Wyborg
Gigars (G)
Dragoon F
Dragoon V2
Black Dranzer
Guardian Driger
Master Dragoon
Dranzer V
Wolborg 1(x2)
Galzzly
Draciel G
and 3 combos made from spare parts
(Driger V2 AR, 10w, and dragoon GT BB and EG(broken))
(Metal Driger AR, 8b(possibly fake), and draciel V2 SP, SG and BB)
(Flash Leopard 1 AR, (6)balance, and Roller attacker base(4 layer flat base)
like you stated in a earlier post, i am trying to get better attack bases, plus i'm hoping to buy a metal driger and wolborg 4 in the hopefully near future
You've got Dragoon V2, the only better attack bases you'll get are very expensive and rare.
Add a Voltaic Ape to that buying list in that place though, as well as a Wide Defense or Wide Survivor so you can make a zombie.

Smash Attack:
AR: Driger G
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Right MG Core
SP: Dragoon V2, I guess. You need to get some decent support parts.
BB: Customize Grip Base

Griffolyon 2's AR might work but between cross griffon's usual recoil and the poles I wouldn't recommend it, but try it and see. Driger G's AR is usually the best thing for CGB though.

Driger V2+:
Driger V2 with a 10 Heavy and MG Core. Wide Defense+an HMC would probably be better but yeah.

Those two outperform/outclass basically everything else you can make. Anything else needs parts you don't have, you're close to a lot of good stuff but you're short a few beys.

Recommendations, roughly in order of priority/order you should get them:
Wolborg 4
Wide Defense
Voltaic Ape
Metal Driger (HMC)
Gaia Dragoon G (for the SAR, to use with Guardian Driger's AR) so you have a good defense/zombie AR.
Wide Survivor (Not entirely necessary if you can get wide defense, but gives you better stamina zombies)
Wolborg 2: For the SG and BB.
Metal Dranzer - Better Zombie AR
Master Draciel
Proper driger s would be good but isn't neccessary.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Sparta - Aug. 06, 2012

Okay, so I got back from vacation yesterday and my SK Tornado Balance Set had arrived! It was really late so I only got to open it and check out the grips and such before bed. Now that it's morning, I'll give you a rundown of what I got (Please excuse the spelling, this damned iPhone is hard to type with:
———The Grips
So my set thankfully came with one blue and one black EZ grip, complete eith a set of orange rubber grips and a set of black. As with everything SK, I found the launchers hard to push into the slots. My metal trigger was a little tricky, but with a little force I got it on as well. The problem was my spring shooter support. The stupid thing only went down halfway, and then I had to use leverage with a kitchen knife to get it out, making the bottom of the part that goes in all mutilated. I guess I'll stick to my Hasbro Dragoon Grip if I want to use that part.

———The Beyblades
Not much to add here. Since I have them both I kept them in the boxes. I got a Dragoon G and a Dranzer G

———The Stadium
The crown jewel of the set. It made it completely safe, no cracks or damage (Just a few hairs...ew). I assembled the fences around it and tried it out. I immediately fell in love. Not only does it look so much more proffesional than the Hasbro stadiums, but it works really well. And bonus points: it doesn't get any paint on my tips!

The reason I posted this here was as a purchase consultation. For anyone still on the fence about it, definitely buy it. Just get the Draciel-Dragoon set because the Dranzer one rose to $65 (Previously $45 and now obviously not worth it with the other set still at $30). If I can, I'll put some photos in the photos thread for people to see.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - *Ginga* - Aug. 06, 2012

Sweet! But. Am broke. XD

Anyways, is there anything notable to say about Wolborg 4?
I was so stupid, I ordered Wolborg 4 when I thought I ordered Wolborg MS. XD

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - th!nk - Aug. 06, 2012

Uh, yes, if you bother to search. But whilst I'm here, here's a blog post I wrote about it. It's slightly dated (eg Wing Cross seems to be the best AR for it) but it should tell you most of what you need to know, probably. Otherwise just use the search function in the three main plastic threads.
http://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/wolborg-4-the-engine-gear-that-could/
Made a few small edits to make it more up to date but yeah.

(Aug. 06, 2012  3:23 PM)Sparta Wrote: Okay, so I got back from vacation yesterday and my SK Tornado Balance Set had arrived! It was really late so I only got to open it and check out the grips and such before bed. Now that it's morning, I'll give you a rundown of what I got (Please excuse the spelling, this damned iPhone is hard to type with:
Mine arrived too, but I'm getting it for my birthday so I could only inspect the contents. However this is my second so yeah.
Quote:———The Grips
So my set thankfully came with one blue and one black EZ grip, complete eith a set of orange rubber grips and a set of black. As with everything SK, I found the launchers hard to push into the slots. My metal trigger was a little tricky, but with a little force I got it on as well. The problem was my spring shooter support. The stupid thing only went down halfway, and then I had to use leverage with a kitchen knife to get it out, making the bottom of the part that goes in all mutilated. I guess I'll stick to my Hasbro Dragoon Grip if I want to use that part.
[quote]
Interesting, but honestly what I'd give for a tight black grip. Mine cannot hold left spin launchers. I've almost given up on grips as a whole now due to that and the fact my EZ Shooter Power Custom skips more if I use a grip (harder to fine tune the rip cord angle).

[quote]
———The Beyblades
Not much to add here. Since I have them both I kept them in the boxes. I got a Dragoon G and a Dranzer G
I didn't get boxes with mine this time. The box had been opened, it seems, and they were inside a sealed plastic baggy. I don't mind, though. I can't translate any korean.

Quote:———The Stadium
The crown jewel of the set. It made it completely safe, no cracks or damage (Just a few hairs...ew). I assembled the fences around it and tried it out. I immediately fell in love. Not only does it look so much more proffesional than the Hasbro stadiums, but it works really well. And bonus points: it doesn't get any paint on my tips!
This is why I inspected mine and bought it, in fact. The last one I got, from the Dragoon-Driger-Dranzer G set, had scratches through the centre. This one doesn't. Surface is fine, perhaps some very, very tiny bumps but far too small to have even the slightest effect on battle, from my experience with more visible ones on the scratched one.

Quote:The reason I posted this here was as a purchase consultation. For anyone still on the fence about it, definitely buy it. Just get the Draciel-Dragoon set because the Dranzer one rose to $65 (Previously $45 and now obviously not worth it with the other set still at $30). If I can, I'll put some photos in the photos thread for people to see.
That'd be advice, not consultation. For anyone who's into plastics, buy it. Heck, buy two, sit one under the other and Oh my gosh I've just realised I can do that instead of very fancy shenanigans, sweet.

So yeah buy two or reinforce the one you buy. Sparta, this should be the first thing you do now.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Ultra - Aug. 06, 2012

For anyone who cares here's the stadium on it's own:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAKARA-Beyblade-G-Revolution-Top-Blade-Battle-Stadium-Official-Size-New-/290748782351?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item43b1fa570f#ht_1080wt_919

Unlucky to all those who wasted money on the sets lol.

RE: Plastics Q&A Thread (Q&A/Purchase Consultation/Combo Advice for Plastics (not HMS!)) - Sparta - Aug. 06, 2012

Eh, it's fine. I wanted the grips anyways since they both look really cool.
(Aug. 06, 2012  3:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: So yeah buy two or reinforce the one you buy. Sparta, this should be the first thing you do now.
My parents want me to lay off the purchases, so I guess I'll just stick with the one I have for now. I'd reinforce it, but I actually don't know how...should I use some sort of insulator foam? And where should I put it - maybe in between the edges?

It's mainly the corners of the walls that need to be reinforced. I'd want something a little more solid than foam, myself, unless insulating foam is thicker than what I'm thinking of. Scrunched up newspaper (or similarly thin/floppy paper) or fabric scraps would probably work though I'm not sure they'd do enough to prevent piercing. Then tape it in or whatever.
Honestly I wish we could tape the walls on the top side so that the plastic could be shielded rather than only reinforced...