World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Q-A-Thread)

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - ~Stoney~ - Aug. 26, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  11:59 PM)Neo Wrote: Keep in faction that the amount of Teeth touching the gear is reduced...
Grips push it back a little farther.

Also, I got a Driger V2. Is there more the one SP mode..?

Maybe a little, but the number of teeth is (has to be) the same, that's all that matters.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 26, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  11:59 PM)Neo Wrote: Keep in faction that the amount of Teeth touching the gear is reduced...
Grips push it back a little farther.

Also, I got a Driger V2. Is there more the one SP mode..?

Yes, it can be inverted but it's not very useful and you must use a 6 heavy to do so.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Neo - Aug. 26, 2014

I tried that. Doesn't even work.
So basically it's stuck in one mode.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - V2 - Aug. 26, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  5:20 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2014  4:48 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Now I've confused myself.
We'd need to assume the teeth are the same size wouldn't we? There mustn't be any variation in tooth size or the ripcord wouldn't align properly.

If the teeth are the same size, then in order to fit an extra tooth (10 vs 9) then the entire gear would need to be larger to fit it no?

Then: with larger gear, each identical ripcord would create fewer revolutions no?

Although perhaps they've managed to squeeze an extra tooth in the same gear, and there was already some spare unused space in the 9 tooth gear

Yes, the teeth are the same size, that´s why the ripcord with one additional tooth is longer. We only assume that the time we need to pull it through is the same. The teeth of the gear and the teeth of the ripcord must have the same size to fit into each other, otherwise the gear wouldn´t rotate but get stuck after a few teeth. That´s why the tooth size of all Takara ripcords is standardized, no matter how long it is.

The gear wouldn´t have to be larger, because the teeth of the gear and the ripcort fit exactly and the gear can rotate along a ripcord (theoretically) endlessly. As long as the teeth fit (which is the case for all existing ripcords, at least the original ones), the ripcord can be as long as you like, the gear will just keep rotating until the ripcord is through.

About your second point: Every tooth of the ripcord fits with one tooth of the gear. So the larger the gear is, the more teeth has it and the less revolutions can the gear perform from one pull with the same ripcord. If you reduce the size of the gear and so the teeth per revolution, the more revolutions it can do from one pull and the faster does the beyblade spin. But if you reduce the size of the gear too much, the torque will be too high, because one tooth has to make the beyblade turn much more than before in the same amount of time, and the launcher will wear dramatically faster.

If they try to squeeze an extra tooth in the same gear, the launcher won´t work, because then the size of the teeth (or gap between them) wouldn´t fit to the ripcords anymore.

Nonono Stoney, i think you've misunderstood me.

I'm not talking about ripcord teeth at all, let's just completely leave that point behind.
What my post was saying is:

In order to add more teeth to a a gear, either the teeth need to be smaller (for the gear to have the same diameter) or the gear needs to be larger (if you want the teeth to be the same size).

In order for the teeth to fit with any standard ripcord, gear tooth size must not change. That means, in order to fit 10 teeth instead of 9 teeth, you need space for that extra tooth: you need a gear with a larger diameter.

Next point:

We have one normal launcher, and one power launcher with an extra tooth.
We use the same ripcord in both.

The normal launcher will give slightly more revolutions than the power launcher, since the length of ripcord is the same for both, the only difference is the diameter of the gear.

If we have the same ripcord pulling speed, then the power shooter gives fewer revolutions/second.

No?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Not sure if it is a comparable way to do it but I'm imagining a sort of wheel with a handle on. You have say 10 seconds to do as many revolutions as possible and the same strength is put into both right. Now both the wheels have different circumference so more revolutions have occurred in the smaller wheel as it takes less time to complete a full circle. Basically the smaller circumference equals a greater number of revolutions. I'm not sure if I'm tackling this the right way but this is my thinking.

Poseidon, we're totally on the same wavelength bro.

Initially, I was completely thinking the opposite, which is what Stoney agreed with and further explained in really good detail, but now i've actually turned my mind around and I think the fewer gear shooter would give extra revs, just like you said.

GUYS, I'VE FIGURED IT OUT.
THE PERSON WRITING THE POWER SHOOTER SECTION HAS TAKEN A PHOTO OF THE NORMAL LAUNCHER, AND GOTTEN IT CONFUSED WITH THE POWER LAUNCHER IN THEIR EXPLANATION.

We need to edit the wiki.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - MissingNo. - Aug. 26, 2014

I was right. Smile
Also, all my EZshooters are exactly like this, they got 10 teeths on the gear :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/c/cf/Openedshooters001oo2.jpg

So I am right in say there is no reduction in tooth size between the two gears? I assuming so since ripcord would have to be different.

(Aug. 26, 2014  10:40 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: I was right. Smile
Also, all my EZshooters are exactly like this, they got 10 teeths on the gear :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/c/cf/Openedshooters001oo2.jpg

My apologies,
I was confused by gear sizes

(Aug. 26, 2014  10:44 PM)Poseidon Wrote: So I am right in say there is no reduction in tooth size between the two gears? I assuming so since ripcord would have to be different.

Only way I can see it working, yeah.
Disclaimer: I was outwitted by a 15 year old in physics and mechanics, so take that with a pinch of salt.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Neo - Aug. 26, 2014

Is there no such thing as a Power Launcher?
Maybe it's a fluke; a way to make money.

It exists, it has 9 teeth, rather than the standard 10.

The beywiki article is incorrect.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Neo - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 26, 2014  11:56 PM)BrioShield Wrote: It exists, it has 9 teeth, rather than the standard 10.

Is should be weaker then.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - V2 - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 27, 2014  12:18 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  11:56 PM)BrioShield Wrote: It exists, it has 9 teeth, rather than the standard 10.

ARE YOU FOR REAL
WE'VE JUST BEEN THROUGH THIS. THERE'S OVER A PAGE OF DISCUSSION ON THIS.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - MissingNo. - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 26, 2014  11:28 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Disclaimer: I was outwitted by a 15 year old in physics and mechanics, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Happy to know that my question and affirmations contributed to keep Beywiki's information right.

(Aug. 27, 2014  12:21 AM)BrioShield Wrote:

ARE YOU FOR REAL

If you want create a discussion thread about the power launcher XD

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Jinbee - Aug. 27, 2014

ARE YOU FOR REAL
Woah, remember not to post all in caps. At least that's what the staff tells me.

But you are right though.

ARE YOU FOR REAL
I'm trying to wrap my head around this;
If it is weaker or something, why would it be called the "Power" Launcher.
Is it actually differently shaped or what,

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - DRAGON KING - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 27, 2014  2:20 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  12:18 AM)Neo Wrote: Is should be weaker then.

ARE YOU FOR REAL
And that's how they make money.

If it's called a power launcher, people will think it's better and buy it.

(Aug. 27, 2014  2:32 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  12:21 AM)BrioShield Wrote: ARE YOU FOR REAL
And that's how they make money.

If it's called a power launcher, people will think it's better and buy it.

I do remember seeing a strangely shaped Takara launcher. I think it came with the GT Advanced Starter set?

(Aug. 27, 2014  12:18 AM)Neo Wrote: Is should be weaker then.

ARE YOU FOR REAL

The Power Custom has a smaller gear.
A smaller gear means more revolutions for any given length of ripcord.
That means more power than standard.

(Aug. 27, 2014  2:55 AM)BrioShield Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  12:21 AM)BrioShield Wrote: ARE YOU FOR REAL

The Power Custom has a smaller gear.
A smaller gear means more revolutions for any given length of ripcord.
That means more power than standard.
Hm.
But does it look different..?

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - ~Stoney~ - Aug. 27, 2014

Now I get it, You´re talking about adding one tooth to the gear, not to the ripcord. Grin

Well, not to be rude, but didn´t my second post about this topic already answer that question...?

(Aug. 25, 2014  5:20 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: About your second point: Every tooth of the ripcord fits with one tooth of the gear. So the larger the gear is, the more teeth has it and the less revolutions can the gear perform from one pull with the same ripcord. If you reduce the size of the gear and so the teeth per revolution, the more revolutions it can do from one pull and the faster does the beyblade spin. But if you reduce the size of the gear too much, the torque will be too high, because one tooth has to make the beyblade turn much more than before in the same amount of time, and the launcher will wear dramatically faster.

So of course, the launcher with a gear of only 9 teeth spins faster. Nevertheless, I haven´t heard of a power launcher being released as well... Now I feel like I´ve missed something. Tongue_out_wink

Alright, this was the last time I put my oar in. SpeechlessCute Don´t like endless discussions either.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Ultra - Aug. 27, 2014

It's this thing for anyone that wants to see what it looks like:

http://www.theintoy.co.uk/shooter-power-custom-p-551.html

stoney:

It's tremendously rare so that's probably why. They don't come around often.

I swear that comes with the Advanced GT Set.
It's styled like a huge Right Spin Launcher.

(Aug. 27, 2014  7:48 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Now I get it, You´re talking about adding one tooth to the gear, not to the ripcord. Grin

Well, not to be rude, but didn´t my second post about this topic already answer that question...?

(Aug. 25, 2014  5:20 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: About your second point: Every tooth of the ripcord fits with one tooth of the gear. So the larger the gear is, the more teeth has it and the less revolutions can the gear perform from one pull with the same ripcord. If you reduce the size of the gear and so the teeth per revolution, the more revolutions it can do from one pull and the faster does the beyblade spin. But if you reduce the size of the gear too much, the torque will be too high, because one tooth has to make the beyblade turn much more than before in the same amount of time, and the launcher will wear dramatically faster.

So of course, the launcher with a gear of only 9 teeth spins faster. Nevertheless, I haven´t heard of a power launcher being released as well... Now I feel like I´ve missed something. Tongue_out_wink

Alright, this was the last time I put my oar in. SpeechlessCute Don´t like endless discussions either.

That's why I was getting confused Stoney, I wasn't sure if/why you were talking about extra teeth on the cord!
I thought you were disagreeing with me on the first point, but agreeing with the second haha Smile

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Ultra - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 27, 2014  1:47 PM)Neo Wrote: I swear that comes with the Advanced GT Set.
It's styled like a huge Right Spin Launcher.

Nope. It comes with an ez spring custom which looks kind of similar. Here's a picture of the contents:

http://www.theintoy.co.uk/images/dgt-contents.jpg