World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Q-A-Thread)

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - V2 - Aug. 24, 2014

Or fake.

Cross Griffons make other beyblades break, they themselves are really sturdy.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - MissingNo. - Aug. 25, 2014

Where in the magic world of plastic gen beyblades can we find the EZShooter Power Custom ? And why 10 teeths on the gear can make a beyblade spin faster than 9 teeths ? It is illogical to say that it is 11% more powerfull. Beywiki, you are illogical.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Neo - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 24, 2014  11:50 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Or fake.

Cross Griffons make other beyblades break, they themselves are really sturdy.

I don't own any fakes.
I know the difference.

(Aug. 25, 2014  12:55 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Where in the magic world of plastic gen beyblades can we find the EZShooter Power Custom ? And why 10 teeths on the gear can make a beyblade spin faster than 9 teeths ? It is illogical to say that it is 11% more powerfull. Beywiki, you are illogical.

Isn't that the super rare launcher?

(Aug. 25, 2014  12:57 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2014  12:55 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Where in the magic world of plastic gen beyblades can we find the EZShooter Power Custom ? And why 10 teeths on the gear can make a beyblade spin faster than 9 teeths ? It is illogical to say that it is 11% more powerfull. Beywiki, you are illogical.

Isn't that the super rare launcher?

That's why I ask it on this Q&A, I don't know.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - V2 - Aug. 25, 2014

Very rare.

1 extra tooth / 9 teeth = 0.1111...
= (roughly) 11%

Same diameter of circlular gear with more teeth provides more rotations? I don't know, I'm speculating

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:08 AM)BrioShield Wrote: Very rare.

= (roughly) 11%

Same diameter of circlular gear with more teeth provides more rotations? I don't know, I'm speculating

Dude, a smaller gear with less teeths spin faster than a bigger gear with more teeths. That's an easy physic principe. Why it would be more powerfull ?

EDIT : All my EZShooters are from Hasbro and their gears all got 10 teeths.

Is there actually a sticker labeling it? I assume it's Takara only.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - 6 God - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:32 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Dude, a smaller gear with less teeths spin faster than a bigger gear with more teeths. That's an easy physic principe. Why it would be more powerfull ?

Since when? The one with more "teeths" would be able to spin the whatever faster le if not the same RPM rate.

I have one that has yellow gears and internal parts.
Does that have anything to do with anything? It has ten teeth.

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:32 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2014  1:08 AM)BrioShield Wrote: Very rare.

= (roughly) 11%

Dude, a smaller gear with less teeths spin faster than a bigger gear with more teeths. That's an easy physic principe. Why it would be more powerfull ?

It's pretty self explanatory, unless you're being pedantic/getting hung up on the term "powerful". It's essentially a case of rotational velocity roughly being equivalent to the term "powerful" in this sense (i'm not saying this is correct terminology)

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Ultra - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 24, 2014  11:11 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2014  11:04 PM)BrioShield Wrote: You're never going to justify your Cross Griffon fragility/"issues" comments are you?

It's fragile. I had like two broken. Maybe it's Hasbro.?

No one else ever has found it to be fragile. There's no reason why the hasbro mold would be more fragile either. Also just because one person breaks a beyblade twice does not make it fragile. Especially when the evidence from everyone else serves to the contrary.

(Aug. 25, 2014  3:26 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2014  1:32 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Dude, a smaller gear with less teeths spin faster than a bigger gear with more teeths. That's an easy physic principe. Why it would be more powerfull ?

Since when? The one with more "teeths" would be able to spin the whatever faster le if not the same RPM rate.

I assume that all my EZShooters are from Hasbro and got 10 teeths on the gear. I can send pics if you want. Also it is easy to know that less teeths on a gear = more power. So I can't understand why 10 is 11% faster than 9.

(Aug. 25, 2014  12:20 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2014  3:26 AM)Echizen Wrote:

I assume that all my EZShooters are from Hasbro and got 10 teeths on the gear. I can send pics if you want. Also it is easy to know that less teeths on a gear = more power. So I can't understand why 10 is 11% faster than 9.

But...no

More teeth, more revolutions for the same length of ripcord.
More revolutions vaguely equals more "power"

Don't want to be rude, but you're wrong. It is the opposite. Less teeths = more revolutions, and more revolution = more power. It's an basic physical principe.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - ashton pinto - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:42 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Don't want to be rude, but you're wrong. It is the opposite. Less teeths = more revolutions, and more revolution = more power. It's an basic physical principe.

Maybe you should try using one tooth .. Grin

I will forget my physics now

Guys I have a question .. How much would a dragoon V silver version NIB cost ..

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Leone19 - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:42 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Don't want to be rude, but you're wrong. It is the opposite. Less teeths = more revolutions, and more revolution = more power. It's an basic physical principe.

No... he's correct. The longer the ripcord, the more "power". Just take the difference between a Habro ripcord and a ripcord from TT during the beginning of MFB. The TT one has more teeth, giving it more "power"- why else would people want longer ripcords?

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - ~Stoney~ - Aug. 25, 2014

(Aug. 25, 2014  1:48 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

No... he's correct. The longer the ripcord, the more "power". Just take the difference between a Habro ripcord and a ripcord from TT during the beginning of MFB. The TT one has more teeth, giving it more "power"- why else would people want longer ripcords?

Yes and btw, Tyson himself doubles the length of his ripcord to increase his bey´s power in one of the first episodes of Bakuten Shoot. Tongue_out_wink

Again, you're wrong, and your confidence just makes it worse.

Imagine a gear with 3 teeth vs one with 10 teeth, and you pull the ripcord with the exact same speed
The ten teeth gear gives more revolutions.

If you can't understand that, then your understandings is physics is significantly flawed.

RE: [Plastics] :: Q&A Thread - Ultra - Aug. 25, 2014

Beywiki says that the power shooter has 10 teeth compared to the usual 9 which gives it 11% more power so I trust beywiki more than you bouncer.

Please allow me to be the wise guy to settle this physics matter once and for all:

Every tooth transfers an angular momentum to the beyblade. The faster the tooth is rushing through the launcher the more angular momentum (i.e. spin and with that torque or "power") is transferred to the beyblade, because the bey´s spin is proportional to the speed of the ripcord (i.e. the teeth) going through the launcher.

Like brio said, let´s assume that you need 0,3 seconds to pull the ripcord out of the launcher, no matter how long it is.

With 9 teeth every tooth has 0,3/9 = 0,0333333(...) seconds to go through the launcher.
With 10 teeth every tooth has 0,3/10 = 0,030 seconds to go through the launcher.

The quotient of the time for every tooth with 9 teeth and that one with 10 teeth is the percentage of the 0,3 seconds to pull the ripcord that the 9-teeth-ripcord needs more compared to the 10-teeth-ripcord. So it´s the improvement of spin, i.e. power when you change from 9 teeth to 10.
0,030/0,033333 = 1,11. That meens that one tooth of the 9-teeth-ripcord needs 1,11 times the amount of time to go through the launcher than one tooth of the 10-teeth-rc. That means 11% improvement of spin of the rc and because of the proportionality also the spin of the beyblade.

Beywiki is right.

Frau Stoney ILY

Thanks Brio, ILY2! Grin

Now I've confused myself.
We'd need to assume the teeth are the same size wouldn't we? There mustn't be any variation in tooth size or the ripcord wouldn't align properly.

If the teeth are the same size, then in order to fit an extra tooth (10 vs 9) then the entire gear would need to be larger to fit it no?

Then: with larger gear, each identical ripcord would create fewer revolutions no?

Although perhaps they've managed to squeeze an extra tooth in the same gear, and there was already some spare unused space in the 9 tooth gear

(Aug. 25, 2014  4:48 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Now I've confused myself.
We'd need to assume the teeth are the same size wouldn't we? There mustn't be any variation in tooth size or the ripcord wouldn't align properly.

If the teeth are the same size, then in order to fit an extra tooth (10 vs 9) then the entire gear would need to be larger to fit it no?

Then: with larger gear, each identical ripcord would create fewer revolutions no?

Although perhaps they've managed to squeeze an extra tooth in the same gear, and there was already some spare unused space in the 9 tooth gear

Yes, the teeth are the same size, that´s why the ripcord with one additional tooth is longer. We only assume that the time we need to pull it through is the same. The teeth of the gear and the teeth of the ripcord must have the same size to fit into each other, otherwise the gear wouldn´t rotate but get stuck after a few teeth. That´s why the tooth size of all Takara ripcords is standardized, no matter how long it is.

The gear wouldn´t have to be larger, because the teeth of the gear and the ripcort fit exactly and the gear can rotate along a ripcord (theoretically) endlessly. As long as the teeth fit (which is the case for all existing ripcords, at least the original ones), the ripcord can be as long as you like, the gear will just keep rotating until the ripcord is through.

About your second point: Every tooth of the ripcord fits with one tooth of the gear. So the larger the gear is, the more teeth has it and the less revolutions can the gear perform from one pull with the same ripcord. If you reduce the size of the gear and so the teeth per revolution, the more revolutions it can do from one pull and the faster does the beyblade spin. But if you reduce the size of the gear too much, the torque will be too high, because one tooth has to make the beyblade turn much more than before in the same amount of time, and the launcher will wear dramatically faster.

If they try to squeeze an extra tooth in the same gear, the launcher won´t work, because then the size of the teeth (or gap between them) wouldn´t fit to the ripcords anymore.

Keep in faction that the amount of Teeth touching the gear is reduced...
Grips push it back a little farther.

Also, I got a Driger V2. Is there more the one SP mode..?