World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pictures of yourself! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Pictures of yourself! (/Thread-Pictures-of-yourself)

RE: Pictures of yourself! - LOL-y Rancher - Oct. 22, 2015

I may post me dressing in my next Halloween costume which is of Tommy Wiseau, the man who directed and starred in the cult classic known as The Room.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - DRAGON KING - Oct. 23, 2015

(Oct. 22, 2015  7:02 PM)Neo Wrote: a face 4 context
Shave that face young man

RE: Pictures of yourself! - MissingNo. - Oct. 23, 2015

this picture is the funniest meme ive ever seen @[Neo]

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Neo - Oct. 23, 2015

(Oct. 23, 2015  2:02 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: this picture is the funniest meme ive ever seen @[Neo]

you're a
Uh
an unfunny meme

(Oct. 23, 2015  1:52 AM)Zed EX Wrote:
Shave that face young man

No thanks.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Minion - Oct. 23, 2015

I couldn't find a dedicated cosplay thread that wasn't a million years old, so I guess this is the best place to post this.

A bunch of you probably saw me wear this at Anime North this year.

This is the cosplay I finished this summer, I'm pretty proud of it. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to wear it though, it's pretty awkward lol

I went the whole 9 yards with detailing it, the battle damage, the plasma discs in the hands, the 3D printed custom medal in the back panel (with magnet), the medawatch (with medal), the LED visor. The original prototype for the hands even had fingers I could control. It was seriously a blast to wear. It cost me hundreds of dollars and countless, countless hours of research and labour.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Kai-V - Oct. 23, 2015

Nice cosplay, you used only foam carpet too ? Can you tell me how you got the pieces to stick together, and the things like the kneepads to stick to your legs hah ?

RE: Pictures of yourself! - 1234beyblade - Oct. 23, 2015

Jesus Emily! That's so good, how long did it take you to make that haha and are you going to wear that to Anime North?

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Tri - Oct. 23, 2015

So, my Junior year has done quite a bit of good to me, I must admit.

(Oct. 23, 2015  2:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Nice cosplay, you used only foam carpet too ? Can you tell me how you got the pieces to stick together, and the things like the kneepads to stick to your legs hah ?

Yeah it's mostly EVA foam mats. The kneepads are just around my knees with elastic ribbon.
Working with EVA foam is easy enough, though you need a lot of specialty tools/chemicals and patience. The basic idea is to design your shapes, cut them out, heat the foam with a heat gun, and bend it to fit your body or w/e.

There are all kinds of guides online ( http://www.wmarmory.com/?p=1597 ) ( https://www.facebook.com/DaedalusCosplay?fref=ts ) ( http://www.instructables.com/id/Creating-a-CostumeCosplay-from-EVA-Foam/ )

With regards to sticking the foam to itself, Iif you can get your hands on Barge contact cement, and a proper respirator, you're golden. Otherwise lesser brands of contact adhesive, gorilla glue, super glue, e6000 etc can work, but I had varied results. And if you're going to paint it, you first NEED to coat the foam with school glue, or plastidip.

(Oct. 23, 2015  3:06 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Jesus Emily! That's so good, how long did it take you to make that haha and are you going to wear that to Anime North?

I spent most of a year actually building it, I couldn't have afforded the time or money to do it all at once Tongue_out I had been mentally designing it for years though. I've always wanted to do a Medabots cosplay. I may wear it to AN next year, it was a lot of work to walk around in it though. You have to take the whole thing off to pee xD And you can't sit down easily.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Kai-V - Oct. 23, 2015

Yes, I mastered the cutting and bending part, but all of the pieces fell off hah. Is there any Plastidip product in particular that helps the glue work on top of it ? I had the most upsetting results/breaks with parts that had Plastidip, so I was going to never use it again ...

I would love to see one or two of the pieces in person at least, if not the whole costume hah.

(Oct. 23, 2015  3:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, I mastered the cutting and bending part, but all of the pieces fell off hah. Is there any Plastidip product in particular that helps the glue work on top of it ? I had the most upsetting results/breaks with parts that had Plastidip, so I was going to never use it again ...

I would love to see one or two of the pieces in person at least, if not the whole costume hah.

Hmm... can you show me a photo of what happened (can be in PM if this is too off topic). I think your issue is more related to the adhesive you used to attach the foam to itself. Plastidip is purely aesthetic so the paint doesn't crack/chip.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - ~Stoney~ - Oct. 23, 2015

(Oct. 23, 2015  3:13 AM)Tri Wrote: So, my Junior year has done quite a bit of good to me, I must admit.

You look really joyful in those pics. Smile I really like the last one!

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Flame~Capricorn - Oct. 23, 2015

This one was taken in better light.
http://imgur.com/LobGxUl

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Tri - Oct. 24, 2015

(Oct. 23, 2015  9:39 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2015  3:13 AM)Tri Wrote: So, my Junior year has done quite a bit of good to me, I must admit.

You look really joyful in those pics. Smile I really like the last one!

Thank you so much. My girlfriend took the last photo with her amazing camera. I downloaded it via text so the quality isn't as good.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Meta madness - Oct. 25, 2015

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Leet - Oct. 25, 2015

Here is a picture of mine. Smile

I think the picture quality is not too good. Do you think I should buy a better camera?

RE: Pictures of yourself! - DRAGON KING - Oct. 25, 2015

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:18 PM)Leet Wrote: Here is a picture of mine. Smile

I think the picture quality is not too good. Do you think I should buy a better camera?
AHSAN TAHIR?!?.... when ... how

jk I knew it was you

The quality looks fine, good focus.

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Leet - Oct. 25, 2015

(Oct. 25, 2015  4:22 PM)Zed EX Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2015  4:18 PM)Leet Wrote: Here is a picture of mine. Smile

AHSAN TAHIR?!?.... when ... how

jk I knew it was you

The quality looks fine, good focus.

Hmm.. From what I think; the main advantage of a DSLR camera, is the focus! Wink

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Mitsu - Oct. 25, 2015

@[Hato] Grin

[Image: hato.jpg]

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Classik - Oct. 27, 2015

(Oct. 25, 2015  6:09 PM)Mitsu Wrote: @[Hato] Grin

[Image: hato.jpg]
awe look at da scrubz

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Leet - Oct. 27, 2015

How's this one?

WARNING: LARGE IMAGE!

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Playing_riffs - Oct. 29, 2015

Azsdfrewds

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Meta madness - Oct. 29, 2015

(Oct. 27, 2015  6:46 PM)Leet Wrote: How's this one?

WARNING: LARGE IMAGE!

This is some sharp quality images,really nice!

Bigger than I expected, though curious. How long have you been a photographer?

RE: Pictures of yourself! - DRAGON KING - Oct. 29, 2015

(Oct. 29, 2015  4:53 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: Here is one from many moons ago when I was 16. I had the justin bieber cut long before he did. Taken with a Potato:
[Image: 35zgP6.jpg]

Here is me these days, taken with a Potato:
[Image: ha0Sad.jpg]

I got old. lol

Are you a tattoo artist/bar tender?

RE: Pictures of yourself! - Playing_riffs - Oct. 30, 2015

(Oct. 29, 2015  4:06 PM)Zed EX Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2015  4:53 AM)Playing_riffs Wrote: Here is one from many moons ago when I was 16. I had the justin bieber cut long before he did. Taken with a Potato:
[Image: 35zgP6.jpg]

Here is me these days, taken with a Potato:
[Image: ha0Sad.jpg]

I got old. lol

Are you a tattoo artist/bar tender?

Nope. Why? Tongue_out