World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) (/Thread-Beyblade-Zero-G-Series-Watch-video-in-first-post)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Uwik - Feb. 29, 2012

I like the fact that there's a new strategy involved, being a KO does not solely depend on impact. Get the stadium to sway enough to generate movement to indirectly KO the opponent. I find this really cool.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Janstarblast - Feb. 29, 2012

Well, I did not find this cool before, but the way you presented it, it seems cool!
Before reading this post of yours, I found this overtly luck based, which seriously didn't seem as cool; because if that happened there wouldn't have been any tier or even skill(remember, I say this when we actually have no info about a certain bey's performance or method of use).
But what you said actually gives a more positive outlook towards the stadium. Grin

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - th!nk - Feb. 29, 2012

It's kind of cool, but it does sound impractical to me, there must be a serious risk of self-KO, and the effectiveness against beyblades that have high intertia will be limited.
Also, it seems to me like a feeble replacement for slide shooting due to the addition of the roof on the stadium which will likely cause issues with that.

That's me being particularly negative though, it does seem like a pretty cool tactic.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Janstarblast - Feb. 29, 2012

Very true....
Self KOs would become inevitable.
As for high inertia beys (which, in simple words, implies a heavier bey) who knows? If those keep towards the center, they would rather stabilize the stadium and then we would get a different wobble pattern which would work for/against either of the beys!! All in all, this thing will be fun to experiment with!

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Arupaeo - Feb. 29, 2012

Perhaps that's what the wide ring is for on the tip? It might catch on the edge of the stadium exit pockets and help prevent the bey from getting knocked out...

Its clear that those huge rings on the tip have a role to play. And one just can't atop wondering what it will do! If it does what you said, that does seem to be one of the most likely things it'll do, and yeah, that will be a classic! Grin

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Dark_Mousy - Feb. 29, 2012

I believe by "3D" they mean the swaying gimmick. Maybe the rings at the top are to help keep the stadium stabilized so it doesn't fall over. Maybe its something to keep the weight even around the stadium?? Just a thought.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Clonetos - Feb. 29, 2012

This is gonna be weird but hopefully it can pull it off I mean swaying stadium sounds like something i would do to make the battle a wee bit more interesting. Now that I think about it will all tips be suited for this or atleast have some basis for this

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Maya - Feb. 29, 2012

The swaying gimmick might seriously interfere with everything we know about Beyblade... but at least it's a challenge. And by 3D I think they mean the swaying of the stadium instead of a fixed stadium that we all use now... but does anyone think of the awesome things TT can do now? Maybe they will make a stadium like the ones were used to and make a core that sways gyroscopicly, or even better, a swaying stadium that has a core that sways independently of the stadium!

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Annoying-Fork - Feb. 29, 2012

I think it's a good thing we can start anew. Don't quote me on that, this isn't close to out yet. Looking forward to the slew of unique launching methods.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - JBladerMS - Feb. 29, 2012

(Feb. 29, 2012  10:10 AM)Uwik Wrote: I like the fact that there's a new strategy involved, being a KO does not solely depend on impact. Get the stadium to sway enough to generate movement to indirectly KO the opponent. I find this really cool.

My thoughts exactly. It really revolutionizes attack types and changes how we look at them.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - LeonTempest - Mar. 01, 2012

Unless the changes to Defense and Stamina type are as innovative as the ones to Attack, then we are going to have an extremely one sided metagame, with attack dominating.

I can tell right away that semi-aggresive tips for attack, like SF, would probobly not do well in this game. They wouldnt have as much power as CF or another standard attack tip, and because aggresive movement in attack types leads to stadium swaying and KOing in this game, less movement means less oppritunities to KO your opponent.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Raigeko13 - Mar. 01, 2012

Definitely going to be new techniques involved, as if that wasn't obvious enough.
I really am glad for this. Why? The ones we've had, we've had for years. Things do get old after being used time after time, and it's nice to have some fresh stuff pop up.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Blazeburn - Mar. 01, 2012

If attack types do dominate the metagame i wiil be more happy about Zero G. Im just sick of Stamina And Defence types winning

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - bubble - Mar. 01, 2012

I don't really like the stadium idea. It's moving all the time and hardly can I see that a bey can attack another bey. It just seems ridiculous to me. Anyone thinks that too?

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Cannon - Mar. 01, 2012

Foxy
Yeah, I agree with you on that. And i don't like the fact that you have to use the Zero G's bottom to make it spin properly in the stadium. And I don't like those holes the stadium (whatever they're called). Derp :3

EDIT: And, i did watch the video Kai-V, i was just saying ..
V

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Kai-V - Mar. 01, 2012

Believe me, you can use regular Bottoms as well and they will work properly too ...

Also, if you watched the video at all, you would see that there are still a lot of collisions happening.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - JBladerMS - Mar. 02, 2012

(Mar. 01, 2012  12:49 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Unless the changes to Defense and Stamina type are as innovative as the ones to Attack, then we are going to have an extremely one sided metagame, with attack dominating.

I can tell right away that semi-aggresive tips for attack, like SF, would probobly not do well in this game. They wouldnt have as much power as CF or another standard attack tip, and because aggresive movement in attack types leads to stadium swaying and KOing in this game, less movement means less oppritunities to KO your opponent.

SF was never really that competitive anyways, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I am so tempted to try Rock Bison and Cyber Dragoon in the new stadium, just to see what would happen.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Shabalabadoo - Mar. 02, 2012

Hey, since this is kinda sorta like a new start, what are our plans for testing?

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Dan - Mar. 02, 2012

BB-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless Super Salad Bowl works somehow.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - th!nk - Mar. 02, 2012

Super Salad Bowl is the focus of Zero-G, though...

Anyway, I got my set of beyblade spin up guide books (plastics books) today, from Y!JA, through OkinawamTS, and got a bunch of promotional stuff or whatever, including a copy of an A4 card thingy a lot of the zero g pics came from. I can try to upload scans if someone really wants, but it's nothing new.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Arupaeo - Mar. 02, 2012

(Mar. 02, 2012  4:55 AM)Dan Wrote: BB-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's only one possible response to that...

[Image: lens5779372_1247051862oxo_good_grips_salad_spinner.jpg]

Salad Spinner Baby!

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Shabalabadoo - Mar. 02, 2012

(Mar. 02, 2012  4:55 AM)Dan Wrote: BB-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, I mean do we test against the current MFB combos to start or what? (What, could be a toy car, bouncy ball, etc, haha. Yes I'm kidding, haha)

Salad bowl should be more of a priority than Attack type, shouldn't it?

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Arupaeo - Mar. 02, 2012

What I think would be helpful is something like the following:

BB-10 Attack Stadium Tests
1) Tests of Zero-G wheels and parts as if the were just the latest MFB releases. The tests would be against our stock array of top tier by category etc. The purpose of these tests are to see how all of the Zero-G parts stack up against the metagame as it stands today.

BBG-04 Zero-G Attack Stadium Tests
1) Same as above. The only difference is the new stadium. The purpose of these tests are to compare how the same combos tested in BB-10 perform in BBG-04.
2) Zero-G wheels only. This means we would be experimenting with tracks and tips from MFB mixed in with Zero-G tracks and tips - but no MFB wheels would be used. The purpose of these tests would be to isolate the Zero-G wheels in the Zero-G stadium to try and determine what value the MFB tracks and tips would have in the new stadium.

BBG-11 Zero-G Defense Stadium Tests

1) Same as in BBG-04
2) Same as in BBG-04

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - th!nk - Mar. 02, 2012

I personally still want more information from Takara-Tomy on what they "intend" it to be like.

Also, Re: Salad Spinner: Why is that even a thing? :C