World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Beyblade Zero-G Series. (Watch video in first post!) (/Thread-Beyblade-Zero-G-Series-Watch-video-in-first-post)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Annoying-Fork - Feb. 14, 2012

She just said not too long ago what the difference between volume and shape is.... It doesn't matter what the shape is as long as the volume is the same.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Arupaeo - Feb. 14, 2012

Think about it like balancing weights on a ruler that rests on a central fulcrum. You can have a 20 gram weight placed 5 centimeters to the left of the fulcrum, and a 10 gram weight placed 10 centimeters to the right of the fulcrum. The ruler is not symmetric in terms of where the weights are placed, but the ruler balances nonetheless.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Kai-V - Feb. 14, 2012

(Feb. 14, 2012  10:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Think about it like balancing weights on a ruler that rests on a central fulcrum. You can have a 20 gram weight placed 5 centimeters to the left of the fulcrum, and a 10 gram weight placed 10 centimeters to the right of the fulcrum. The ruler is not symmetric in terms of where the weights are placed, but the ruler balances nonetheless.

I think my example with the different shapes on a scale was better, since I believe that both sides will weigh the same, and those weights will not have such a different ray to the center as what you suggested with the ruler.

But seriously, I should probably warn anybody who still says anything about imbalance from now on.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Arupaeo - Feb. 15, 2012

Clearly you do, yes. ;p

My position is that differences in geometrical symmetry in practice will necessarily include differences in weight in order to maintain balance.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Shogun - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 14, 2012  12:43 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Changing the facebolt shape would have been an unnecessary step if cross-compatible, considering how each face will probably have more advanced naming. I.E. metal stone face.

So will that mean that we can make Samurai Ifreid 230CS?
seriously based on the looks of Shinobi and Samurai the only difference I see is the shape of the face.As for Similarities the same slots for the prongs, and it kinda looks like the Metal System beys or 4D Beys like L-Drago Destroy and Variares (Metal over Plastic).

If it does have a somewhat backwards compatibility with Track,Bottoms,Metal Face and 4D Bottoms, will that mean that we can use Zero G beys against MFBs? I know it's kinda useless but who knows it might turn out like that since MFB and Zero G (their stories) are both in one world/universe.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Imperial - Feb. 15, 2012

I wonder, since these beys seem to have no Clear Wheel, how reused metal wheels will work. Will Takara Tomy just stick on a new Facebolt and stickers?

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Hazel - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 15, 2012  5:48 AM)Imperial Wrote: I wonder, since these beys seem to have no Clear Wheel, how reused metal wheels will work. Will Takara Tomy just stick on a new Facebolt and stickers?

It will probably be just like Metal System, where random boosters and re-releases had different colors of paint on them, or different colored stickers and so forth, yes.

They may also change the color of the gem.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - KuroKitsune - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 15, 2012  6:20 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2012  5:48 AM)Imperial Wrote: I wonder, since these beys seem to have no Clear Wheel, how reused metal wheels will work. Will Takara Tomy just stick on a new Facebolt and stickers?

It will probably be just like Metal System, where random boosters and re-releases had different colors of paint on them, or different colored stickers and so forth, yes.

But they did not change the name, there are two shinobi beys one is salamander and the other is griff/glyph or something. Its very weird.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - TheHentist - Feb. 15, 2012

Takara-Tomy uploaded the video for the Zero G series in their YouTube channel. Battles are quite interesting. and the bey Samurai Ifreid has similar name and parts format from the MFB series. Looks like backwards compatibility with MFB may be possible.

Samurai Ifreid W145CF. CF seems to be a bottom specifically made for the Zero G stadium... anyway that's for the separate thread of this bey for you guys to discuss it in.

http://youtu.be/8HW61tQIG2A

credits of course goes to Takara-Tomy

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - th!nk - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 15, 2012  9:19 AM)Bio438 Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2012  6:20 AM)Hazel Wrote:

But they did not change the name, there are two shinobi beys one is salamander and the other is griff/glyph or something. Its very weird.

There are two layers, as in the video in the post above this.

And from the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HW61tQIG2A&t=1m20s
Parts pictures are quite clear at that point.

ANYWAY, it almost looks like the moving stadium is going to be a permanent thing for the whole series. LOTS OF SALAD! And they are small enough to fit through the pockets.

Can't make out whether the parts would be backwards compatible. EDIT: I don't think the tracks will be, at least, as the attachment point looks octagonal, not hexagonal ;c

I really hope they do the dual spin thing like HMS, but the parts just don't look like they will.

TheHentist: Thanks very much, good find. I've quoted your post in the Samurai Ifreid thread, too. Smile

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Brood - Feb. 15, 2012

I will be buying every single one of them as fast as possible.I probably will buy 2 for each beys.1 for playing/testing and of course one for display.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - ashton pinto - Feb. 15, 2012

i've seen the video the stadium has some 3 penalty pockets.............

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - PhantomKid - Feb. 15, 2012

This looks very interesting... It reminds me of a mix of plastic generation cause of bulky but then again it's metal...

(Feb. 15, 2012  12:27 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: i've seen the video the stadium has some 3 penalty pockets.............

Those are visible on the images we have had up for quite a while...

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Kai-V - Feb. 15, 2012

And they are not penalty pockets at all. Those are clear exits. There is a huge difference.

th!nk, Faces' bottom are round, so even if the top is not the same shape, any Face should still fit from what I can see. The junction of CF also looks fine for attachment.

I can see it now... MF-H Duo BD145CF...

circles

Somehow, I don't see BD145 being particularly useful in a swaying stadium, though.

Kai-V: Perhaps I jumped to that conclusion too quickly, but I would really rather start over fresh than have Diablo and Basalt running around in a stadium like that. But I guess at least BD145 will probably struggle in the attack stadium, at least :\

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Arupaeo - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 15, 2012  4:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And they are not penalty pockets at all. Those are clear exits. There is a huge difference.

th!nk, Faces' bottom are round, so even if the top is not the same shape, any Face should still fit from what I can see. The junction of CF also looks fine for attachment.

The Faces may have different diameters or thread counts though, which of course would render them incompatible. That's how I would do it if I were TakaraTomy: different diameters.

The great thing about the pocket exits pointing down is that it should be much safer for the younger kids who love getting their faces down right next to the stadiums. Also, as the tops come off, the possibility exists that the stadiums might be used without them for competitive play... Time will tell.

(Feb. 15, 2012  4:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Somehow, I don't see BD145 being particularly useful in a swaying stadium, though.

Kai-V: Perhaps I jumped to that conclusion too quickly, but I would really rather start over fresh than have Diablo and Basalt running around in a stadium like that. But I guess at least BD145 will probably struggle in the attack stadium, at least :\

Who said anything about useful? Circles!

S130 could be pretty neat, too.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Janstarblast - Feb. 15, 2012

Hehe!
It would look so awkward; circles of different diameters placed one over the other... Tongue_out

As for the bey...
I seem to like this now! Nice-looking parts, and as (I had speculated before) it has been said; those tips seem to be made to adapt to that stadium! Woohoo! I love those gimmicks!

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Bey Brad - Feb. 15, 2012

that doesn't look like fun at all. welcome to the G-series of MFB

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Annoying-Fork - Feb. 15, 2012

Could you elaborate on how at least? Just want to know.

I hope the clear layer can switch modes. It'd have interesting effects.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Bey Brad - Feb. 15, 2012

Just looks like gimmickry for the sake of gimmickry. You can see that a lot of the Beyblades are just totally shut down by the stadium rather than the opposing Bey. Anyone who's complained about Hasbro's terrible stadium designs should be very scared by this. Also seems very inelegant, is this thing going to roll all over the floor or did I miss some attachment mechanism?

Nah, it does apparently roll all over the place... I wonder if they will sell mats for it...

That said, I think it looks pretty fun, even if it is terrible for competitive beyblading and testing, but I'm not convinced enough yet that I'm going to rush to purchase these.

RE: Beyblade Zero-G Series. - Janstarblast - Feb. 15, 2012

Nah, you haven't missed anything. :\
I do love those gimmicks, but I also agree to the fact that things get annoying when one realizes that this is supposedly an "all gimmicks" series... Unhappy
Battling with gimmick parts for fun is great. But battling in gimmick stadiums with gimmick parts, because they are the only things offered by the new series, is bad.

EDIT- Beaten by th!nk; again!
Co-incidentally, we used the same first word in our posts! Grin