World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread (/Thread-HMS-Random-Thoughts-Parts-Discussion-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - V2 - Aug. 20, 2014

Sure your GFC isn't just worn?

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 20, 2014

(Aug. 20, 2014  7:28 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2014  4:30 AM)BrioShield Wrote: Harder rubber tends to do 2 things:

Move a little slower
Last a little longer

In the case of DGMF vs MSUV, it's more controllable/reliable/longer lasting. But you sacrifice the insane speed (bordering on uncontrollable if you're not particularly skilled/well-practised at launching)

I dunno. I've managed to make it faster then GFC.
Seriously dude, you're argueing something that has been proven a ridiculous amount of time in every single meta. GFC moves faster. Harder rubber makes things less aggressive. Like BrioShieid has said, your GFC will have been worn down.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Neo - Aug. 20, 2014

(Aug. 20, 2014  7:34 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Sure your GFC isn't just worn?

I make sure I flatten it, but even my Hasbro Hyper-Aggro GFC isn't as fast.
No clue how, but my MWGFC is faster and lasts longer. Plus it has Defense to boot toward the end.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - V2 - Aug. 21, 2014

Lasting longer certainly makes sense, goes along with the territory of harder rubber, but the superior speed is a little puzzling. Any chance of photos of the the two tips side by side?

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Jinbee - Aug. 21, 2014

Perhaps the soft rubber is just more rounded, as grippy rubbers tend to be less aggressive when it's rounder, not sure about hard rubber.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Neo - Aug. 21, 2014

(Aug. 21, 2014  1:52 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: Perhaps the soft rubber is just more rounded, as grippy rubbers tend to be less aggressive when it's rounder, not sure about hard rubber.

My Hasbro core is perfectly flat.
MWGFC is smash on a table just a tad so the tip is flat, but not smashed.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 25, 2014

Honestly, HMS just seems sometimes to be the most perfected format. It may be because it is the smallest format, but it easily has the highest percentage of useful Beyblades. Almost every part has some competative use.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Neo - Aug. 26, 2014

Flat Core doesn't...

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 26, 2014

Neo, did you notice my use of the word almost?

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Ultra - Aug. 26, 2014

(Aug. 26, 2014  12:44 AM)Neo Wrote: Flat Core doesn't...

It's still has some uses though unlike some of the MFB parts released like FS or ES.

(Aug. 26, 2014  9:16 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  12:44 AM)Neo Wrote: Flat Core doesn't...

It's still has some uses though unlike some of the MFB parts released like FS or ES.

Yeah, MFB ends up being 30% useful.
It's just that Flat Core isn't as useful as MW Flat Core.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 26, 2014

It's probably way less than that, unless you want to talk what was useful at its time.

But anyway I said useful Beys which does hold true because a lot of the parts in each bey have some use however niche it might be.

Circle WD's are good.
Heavy and such. They can be useful.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - V2 - Sep. 06, 2014

Thoughts on making HMS tourneys more fun & balanced (and give folk without enormous disposable income a fighting chance, esp. since this was designed as a kids' game after all) by making a limited format?

GFC ultimate is immensely powerful. That's simply a fact of the HMS generation. Competitively it stands alongside DEMS as one of they most game-defining releases around, possibly even more so.
I wouldn't suggest banning it, that's probably one extreme too far.

How about preventing its use combined with Circle and Samurai Upper?
This would give Jiraiya, Ape, Sea Dragon, Striker etc far more opportunities, as well as making defensive and endurance types more viable. Since the modification of the Seaborg Tip Inversion rule, I'd say the majority if the plastics game okayers have benefited: Why not modify HMS?
Any discussion?

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Sep. 06, 2014

I wouldn't say that Grip Flat Core has ever overpowered the metagame. Bearing Core is definitely more OP, especially in today's metagame where there is a huge lack of Type S arenas. Not to mention that Jiriaya blade would then be the go to AR. I vote no personally.

Not to mention in a tournament situation, most players can't control GFC/UV. I personally would use DGMF core.

I appreciate the response and input.

I'd counter with the following: I did specify GFC Ultimate rather than just Grip Flat Core. I have no idea how you think it has never overpowered the metagane. It is THE go-to part for any potential attack combo and kills imagination and experimentation. Since I'm not suggesting banning it outright, I don't think it poses an issue.

Check tourney results, GFCU is ridiculously dominant and OP.
Bearing Core can be taken out with a good launch and alternative ARs outside of Type S. It would make tourneys more skill-focussed.

Jiraiya and others are cheaper than Samurai Upper by a mile, and it will undoubtedly bring variety to the game.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Kai-V - Sep. 06, 2014

Technically, just to say, a metagame dominated by Attack is a healthy metagame.

Why is that? I am curious as to the reasons.

I'm not suggesting removing attack as a viable type at all, simply improving variation, promoting creativity, and giving budget-oriented competitors more of a competitive chance.
GFC UM would still exist, but simply not combined with the most dominant ARs of the gen.
Even a standard GFC with Circle/Samurai upper is exceptionally powerful.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Poseidon - Sep. 06, 2014

What exactly can GFCUM do that GFC can't do. I mean obviously UM would be used in all circumstances where its available, as it is much better, but GFC is also really good. Banning the aforementioned combination would just result in very similar results achieved with a GFC. It honestly wouldn't change too much how the metagame is played. Now I am pretty rusty on recent HMS results, but it does seem pretty balanced as is from memory. Don't quote me on that mind, I'm going to have a look now.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - lovesick - Sep. 06, 2014

Well if a metagame is dominated by attack then it would be more fun(??). Would you like a metagame where every combo that shows up are either stamina or balance? well, most people won't because that will create many boring and long battles, which is not what everybody likes. If attack is there and everywhere, more crazy knockouts will reveal itself ( lol) and people will continue to play, because of that excitement factor.
Also, you need a certain amount of skill to actually use an attack type well, and not everybody has the same amount of skill. Skill impacts attack types most, where you need a very well angled launch to get your attack type moving in a flower pattern, and stuff like that. Defense and Stamina types don't need that kind of stuff ( except for maybe some niche combos which need some special technique to perform to its greatest). therefore, it would seem that skill is a very important variable in a match. Then, luck is also a factor, as you can't possibly predict when and where your blades will make contact before the scenes unfold and if there is a wall behind you if the opponent lands a pretty hard hit on you ( well, if you've got a very advanced equipment beside you, and you can calculate that kind of stuff then, white flags are up) so mostly it's up to luck and some experience on launching. With so many variables, it is very hard to predict who is going to take the cup. That makes the tournament more exciting, really.
I'm not the the best person to consult for HMS ( cos my best attack type is DEMS uncustomized) , but well, Circle upper is really round and powerful upper attack wise, and it's not on GFCUM. I know that GFCUM is really fast ( given that so many HMS vids are thrown my way) but sometimes MCC can survive a critical hit and manage to os GFCUM.
that's my two cents XD

(Sep. 06, 2014  4:32 PM)Poseidon Wrote: What exactly can GFCUM do that GFC can't do. I mean obviously UM would be used in all circumstances where its available, as it is much better, but GFC is also really good. Banning the aforementioned combination would just result in very similar results achieved with a GFC. It honestly wouldn't change too much how the metagame is played. Now I am pretty rusty on recent HMS results, but it does seem pretty balanced as is from memory. Don't quote me on that mind, I'm going to have a look now.

It can move at 130% the speed of GFC.
Combined with Samurai Upper it can get guaranteed KOs against the best defensive types.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/c/c0/DGMSUV12.png
Just look at how obscene that diameter is!

Are you definitely remembering that I'm not suggesting a total ban on GFCUM? Just specific combinations with the very best parts?

GFC still being really good is absolutely my point. Good enough to come in 1st, yet still able to get challenged by Metal Change, Metal Flat, Bearing Core/2 combos.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Kai-V - Sep. 06, 2014

Because Attack is not a type that is easy to handle and if you take into account the stress during a tournament, it is usually always a type people hesitate to choose because they know something could go wrong, like self knockouts, therefore it has less guaranteed wins.

By the way, it is always prefered that bans not be too complex.

(Sep. 06, 2014  5:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, it is always prefered that bans not be too complex.

Surely something along the lines of:

"Combining Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Version) with either Samurai Upper or Circle Upper is illegal for tournament play"

is fully understandable?

(Sep. 06, 2014  5:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Because Attack is not a type that is easy to handle and if you take into account the stress during a tournament, it is usually always a type people hesitate to choose because they know something could go wrong, like self knockouts, therefore it has less guaranteed wins.

A fair statement, but I'd argue half an hour of continuous practice with GFC UV is enough to master not self-ko ing.

RE: [HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Neo - Sep. 06, 2014

Really?
I mastered it in about 10 minutes.

OKAY

Under half an hour.