World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BB-124 Kreis Cygnus 145WD - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BB-124 Kreis Cygnus 145WD (/Thread-Product-BB-124-Kreis-Cygnus-145WD)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Uwik - Nov. 13, 2011

I see, although I feel that as far word origin goes, it could be from Swahili for all I care, but historically, all the previous mws do share a direct English meaning. I guess there's a first for everything.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - xSora10 - Nov. 13, 2011

(Nov. 13, 2011  5:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Kreis" is not confirmed, but I doubt it could mean anything than what I had written in the opening post. If it is "Kreis", it definitely refers to "circle"; if it does not refer to "circle", then it is not "Kreis", and vice versa.

Kreis would make a lot of sense, since the metal wheel and clear wheel are quite circular. I'm guessing Kreis might be ok at defense. I'm hoping it's heavier, without the Spiral Staircase of Doom. That would make it a good defense wheel.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Kai-V - Nov. 13, 2011

(Nov. 13, 2011  5:20 AM)Uwik Wrote: I see, although I feel that as far word origin goes, it could be from Swahili for all I care, but historically, all the previous mws do share a direct English meaning. I guess there's a first for everything.

Perhaps with Metal Wheels, but TAKARA-TOMY has been using Portuguese, Italian and perhaps Spanish names for Wheels/Clear Wheels since the beginning. Even Hasbro decided to join by renaming Rock Giraffe to Rock "Zurafa", which is Arabic, hah.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - th!nk - Nov. 13, 2011

(Nov. 13, 2011  5:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Still, German is known as a language that is considered "cool" because of how it sounds. Japanese companies like Square Enix have often used German words for the same reason. TAKARA-TOMY actually knows how to choose cool names : you imagine if it were called "Circle Cygnus" ?

inb4 that's the hasbro name anyway.

Thanks for the image by the way, forgot to do so in my previous post.

And yeah, the CW is really pretty. Though, seeing as I mainly tend to use attack types but dislike right-spin-only attackers, and Defense/Stamina types have a set of "optimal CW's", I never get to use CW's I like in combos Tired

Shame about the face being so, I dunno, childlike or something, but eh.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Hazel - Nov. 13, 2011

Having been attacked by a Swan as a child, I can confirm that "childlike" is not an appropriate association for them.

If this MW does actually have "Circle" as its name, perhaps it will be the last circular one, if only because they cannot be more obvious about their intentions...

It's just the way it's drawn, not the animal itself. FWIW I was attacked by one too. Well, more accurately, my fish and chips were attacked whilst in my hands and being a small child at the time, I was rather intimidated by this brazen behaviour from an animal I'd previously considered "a pretty birdy". One day I'mma go back to England and get my revenge on it/it's children. One day...

As for the circular thing, I hope you're right, but then it also means we're probably never going to get another defense/stamina wheel that will equal the current Circle.... Err, Club.

A swan stole a sandwich from me. I punched the swan.

The swan bit me and chased me until I neared an adult larger than it.

I like swans!

Ahahahah, I was too petrified to react, being a wee tyke at the time, on holiday in a country I didn't know.
Someone should make a Swan Song joke here.

But yeah, lovely clear wheel.

That has definitely got to be my favorite CW, bar none. I like the Face a lot, too... for some reason I guess I missed it when Kai-V posted that in this thread. This was already the Beyblade I was looking forward to most, but even moreso now.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - sum 472 - Nov. 13, 2011

And with the metal powder the CW is going to look awesome. Maybe the sideways Face is to depict Cygnus's transformation into a Swan. Kreis is a Scythe overall design ripoff with no PC-Frame. Actually it's not even confirmed this has a Core or PC-Frame.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Clonetos - Nov. 13, 2011

Lovely face two its like one of them illusions like the old and young lady with this i see a helment but turn it upside down ya see a swan also LOVELY turquoise clear wheel

I think it's more because a swan would make a pretty lame opponent. Despite what Hazel and I have said about the fearsome nature of these winged terrors, they generally do not appear that powerful, and seeing a swan beat up some kind of warrior that would generally skin and make a roast out of it would look somewhat awkward. I'd imagine it's just an excuse to have something more than a swan.

It is worth noting that in Greek mythology, Cygnus was not originally a swan, but a man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_(constellation)#History_and_mythology

There's also Cycnus, who killed people, made a temple from their bones, and eventually tried to beat up Hercules, despite the latter having beaten up his father (Ares) more times than he knew numbers. It didn't end well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycnus

A lot of faces have fairly unimposing subject matter, if you think about it - and many of them don't even make sense. A gigantic Swan(which this one is likely to be) could probably do some pretty good body-check damage, and pecking and such, at least!

Perhaps stealing the lunch of passerby Constellations is enough.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110905003136/beyblade/images/d/d3/Variares_Beast.png

There is no way stealing this guy's lunch could end well.

I'm pretty sure the fact it's got a helmet and stuff signifies that it's going to be some kinda swan-based knight or something.

That said, it'd probably be a good time to mention I don't really watch the anime.

In Cygnus' defense, VariAres is tougher-looking than pretty much any other Constellation Face. A guy with a big sword and shield is much more intimidating than most any animal-based Face except maybe Lacerta(Gigantic Armadillo Lizard? I'd wet myself) and Quetzalcoatl.

True, but I'm struggling to find something less intimidating than a swan. Except maybe Lacerta (that said, Lacerta is too cool to care anyway). Giraffes are derpy but they turned it into a dragon.

Other than that it's down to things that are inanimate objects etc.

Wait, actually, they DID do Beafowl.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the helmet thing but yeah.

I should probably stop posting now, there's not much more to say really.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Clonetos - Nov. 13, 2011

(Nov. 13, 2011  8:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: True, but I'm struggling to find something less intimidating than a swan. Except maybe Lacerta (that said, Lacerta is too cool to care anyway). Giraffes are derpy but they turned it into a dragon.

Other than that it's down to things that are inanimate objects etc.

Wait, actually, they DID do Beafowl.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the helmet thing but yeah.

I should probably stop posting now, there's not much more to say really.
uh Beafowl is a peacock and from what i know a lot of beys are based on objects such as Libra, Lyra, Horgium, and Byxis

Also the "giraffe" isnt a dragon it is a mythological animal of the same name and by the way a swan isnt intimidating trust me ive seen toothless rattlesnakes worse than them

Um, I don't really see the point of your post but okay.

Anyways,
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-4D-Episode-135-The-Child-of-Nemesis-11-13-11?pid=837482#pid837482

Apparently I wasn't crazy to bring up Cycnus. I really should read the anime forum a little more, though.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - sum 472 - Nov. 13, 2011

Maybe the Beast could alternate between Cygnus[Man] and Swan. Also another non-ferocious beast would be Aquario, it is just water.
Not that much Water though.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - th!nk - Nov. 14, 2011

As I said, that is more of a "concept" than a physical being, though I guess it is more substantial than a clock or compass.

As for aquario, even though we're getting a bit off topic here, I don't know if you've paid much attention to any of the recent major floods, but water can be a terrifying, unstoppable force of nature. And unlike animals, you can't just shoot it, there aren't really any conventional weapons that are effective against a tidal wave.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - blitzydaunicorn - Nov. 15, 2011

Im itching to see what kind of name change hasbro will do with this because surely a bunch of little boys wont be attracted to a gracefully swan bey.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - sum 472 - Nov. 15, 2011

Probably something to do with Cygnus's violent human persona. Slightly disappointed at Kei's small protrustions,
They are nearly even smaller then Rock's ones.
Stamina will now be the reigning type for a very long time, so long that people could be scared of using Defence,
I'm counting out on attack because there is lots of options there.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Hazel - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 15, 2011  6:53 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: Im itching to see what kind of name change hasbro will do with this because surely a bunch of little boys wont be attracted to a gracefully swan bey.

A bunch of little boys won't know what "Cygnus" is.

It's a cool sounding word with no inherent meaning to any child without interest in Astrology.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Kai-V - Nov. 15, 2011

And without knowledge of French or Italian.

RE: BB-124 Kreis Cygnus - Ga' - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 15, 2011  7:18 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Probably something to do with Cygnus's violent human persona. Slightly disappointed at Kei's small protrustions,
They are nearly even smaller then Rock's ones.
Stamina will now be the reigning type for a very long time, so long that people could be scared of using Defence,
I'm counting out on attack because there is lots of options there.

Don't worry, he makes up for it with his massive launcher grip.

Also, I'm pretty sure this could become viable Defense, since the balance looks to be good and Phantom is pretty tough to beat.