World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set (/Thread-Product-BB-121-Beyblade-Ultimate-DX-Set)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 22, 2011

(Nov. 22, 2011  5:27 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I wonder if they considered new 4D bottoms for Wing Pegasis and Ldrago Guardian before finalizing the set... In hindsight none of us care anymore(?)

The render from several months ago showed the same parts that we have now ...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Annoying-Fork - Nov. 22, 2011

Don't they have several early designs for products? Like early sketch renders, similar to the Orion drafts?

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 22, 2011

(Nov. 22, 2011  7:25 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Don't they have several early designs for products? Like early sketch renders, similar to the Orion drafts?

They need that for the design of the Wheels. There is barely any design involved in the Tracks and Bottoms.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Arupaeo - Nov. 22, 2011

(Nov. 22, 2011  7:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2011  7:25 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Don't they have several early designs for products? Like early sketch renders, similar to the Orion drafts?

They need that for the design of the Wheels. There is barely any design involved in the Tracks and Bottoms.

LOL. Given the performance of most of the 4D bottoms i would say you've hit the nail on the head there... Wink

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Hazel - Nov. 22, 2011

4D Bottoms are all recycled Plastics concepts that look slightly different but perform identically...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Dec. 06, 2011

Sweet, just got mine, alongside a bunch of other stuff, so it'll still be a little before I get to testing, but some commentary (sorry if this stuff has been said, it's very train-of-thought!)

The rubber of LDG's PC frame is "softer" and less "shiny" than that of LDD. That should mean it grips better. Also, there is no mode where rubber isn't exposed somewhere.

And IDK if it's been explained, but wing's mode change seems to move the Metal Frame closer to one side (in 0 mode, it's centred, in the other modes it's off-centre, I guess). So, two wobblers in here?

Also, Uranus is really small.

Other things: What I'd give for an LDrago with Destroy's sides and Guardian's Front. The sides of guardian are really smooth, but the front seems a bit more violent than LDD's... The sides scream "Defense", but the front screams "attack" Confused

The beylauncher L/R is metallic dark grey. I did not expect it. And, trying not to confuse my LRF and R2F is gonna be a hassle.

Also, other than the snot green Uranus face, the face stickers are badass. Pegasus's look very "metal-like", and LDG's are black and green, and look spooky! YAY

EDIT: Wow, LDG is mediocre. Won't do much testing on it. Duo seems basically the same as death.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - xSora10 - Dec. 06, 2011

(Dec. 06, 2011  10:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: Sweet, just got mine, alongside a bunch of other stuff, so it'll still be a little before I get to testing, but some commentary (sorry if this stuff has been said, it's very train-of-thought!)

The rubber of LDG's PC frame is "softer" and less "shiny" than that of LDD. That should mean it grips better. Also, there is no mode where rubber isn't exposed somewhere.

And IDK if it's been explained, but wing's mode change seems to move the Metal Frame closer to one side (in 0 mode, it's centred, in the other modes it's off-centre, I guess). So, two wobblers in here?

Also, Uranus is really small.

Other things: What I'd give for an LDrago with Destroy's sides and Guardian's Front. The sides of guardian are really smooth, but the front seems a bit more violent than LDD's... The sides scream "Defense", but the front screams "attack" Confused

The beylauncher L/R is metallic dark grey. I did not expect it. And, trying not to confuse my LRF and R2F is gonna be a hassle.

Also, other than the snot green Uranus face, the face stickers are badass. Pegasus's look very "metal-like", and LDG's are black and green, and look spooky! YAY

EDIT: Wow, LDG is mediocre. Won't do much testing on it. Duo seems basically the same as death.

So, basically what you're saying is...that really, most, if not all the Beys, are mediocre, and not necessary? Cause if Uranus is just like Death, then just getting a normal Death Quelzecoatl would be better. And from what I've heard around, especially from Hazel I believe; Wing is garbage.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Dec. 06, 2011

That is just a first impression, don't take it as fact just yet.

Duo is a lot like Death, I need to try some stuff, but their stamina is basically identical, their weights are within a gram (Death is 1g heavier, Duo *might* have a tiny bit less recoil MAYBE), but yeah.

LDG... Well, I haven't liked it so far, but there's still hope in some spin-stealing and defensive hybrid combo's that I need to test.

Wing, I don't know about. Last I checked, it was passable.

The set does come with an LRF, WF, 90, 230, MF-2 Set, L/R Launcher, and stuff, so it's not too bad, but the strongest blader set is probably better, especially if you're attack oriented.

Still, that's just a first opinion, don't take it as fact or use it as a basis for anything yet.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Dec. 17, 2011

I revived and revised the Duo Uranus article. Hopefully you all like it :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Duo_Uranus_230WD

It would probably be beneficial to upload all the images TAKARA-TOMY posted of it on their WBBA blog :
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.co.jp/community/beyblade/2011/11/1117.html
I am already supposed to be doing something else, so if someone wants to do it, go ahead.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Shabalabadoo - Dec. 17, 2011

It looks like the person who wrote it speaks French, hahaha. One thing though, the first sentence in the face section is worded kinda oddly, I'd change it to this:

"This eery Face has a clearly distinguished masked head whose left half is also a skull."

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Dec. 17, 2011

(Dec. 17, 2011  10:16 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It looks like the person who wrote it speaks French, hahaha. One thing though, the first sentence in the face section is worded kinda oddly, I'd change it to this:

"This eery Face has a clearly distinguished masked head whose left half is also a skull."

This can mean good or bad things to me though, because I also consider that my vocabulary is much richer in French, hah. What did you mean ?

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Shabalabadoo - Dec. 17, 2011

Not necessarily a good or bad thing, I just noticed it because of the choice of words and how they went in the sentences. It just seems structured very French-like, hahaha.

The sentence that goes "What is sure is that [...]" reminds me of le Francais, as an example. If I read that in French (With the french vocabulary that I have), it seems very identical to how I would say it

I also thought it was funny how you wrote "some relief here and there"! Tongue_out

No insults intended though. And I do know how to speak French, that's why I noticed it.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kei - Dec. 18, 2011

(Dec. 17, 2011  6:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I revived and revised the Duo Uranus article. Hopefully you all like it :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Duo_Uranus_230WD

Looks good! I've just added the 230 description and updated the WD description to the newest version that was written recently. Where did you get the old description from? I thought I had updated all instances where the part description was posted.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Dec. 18, 2011

(Dec. 18, 2011  10:32 PM)Kei Wrote: Looks good! I've just added the 230 description and updated the WD description to the newest version that was written recently. Where did you get the old description from? I thought I had updated all instances where the part description was posted.

I litterally took out of the garbage the stub I had made a month ago (undo delete ?), so chances are that you updated the WD descriptions within that time, after I had deleted the first version.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Dec. 21, 2011

Here are some more solid thoughts now I've played with all three beyblades in this set.

One: a) It should have been called BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate Defense Set. Every wheel in it is much better defensively than anything. Duo is amazing, Wing seems to be very solid (it's very heavy, and in 0 Mode has surprisingly low recoil), and LDG is a niche part but rather interesting at that.

b) If you like defense, this is a good set to buy. Conversely, if you dislike defense, you can probably get away with not buying it for now, especially with so many likely powerful upcoming releases. Still, Duo is an extremely powerful wheel (again, not too powerful), so it's something to prepare yourself for.

Two: If you're going to buy this set, make sure you have BD145 and some defense tips/eds. Every wheel in this set is complemented excellently by BD145CS/RDF, and Duo and LDG so far both seem Excellent and Passable respectively on BD145EDS.

Three: LRF isn't what it used to be right now, but don't count it out.

Four: Duo's mode change is hellafun.

Hope that helps anyone still deciding whether or not to buy it. FWIW I don't regret the purchase at all.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Dec. 23, 2011

The L Drago Guardian article :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/L_Drago_Guardian_S130MB

It was slightly confusing to do since I thought someone would have already done drafts for Poison Giraffe and whatever has S130MB ...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Jan. 03, 2012

The Wing Pegasis stub is finally done :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Wing_Pegasis_90WF

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Jan. 03, 2012

Do the angles/shapes actually differ? to me it just seems like they are put off-centre and so one or two protrude.

Have we actually measured it to check this?

I suggest Arupaeo does it because he's good with measurements and stuff, as usual Wink

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Arupaeo - Jan. 03, 2012

I can give it a shot. Now where did I put my protractor...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Sep. 08, 2012

I added some relatively interesting information on Beywiki that I think nobody noticed yet, even if this Set has been out for several months :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Beyblade_Ultimate_DX_Set

It is also my plan to measure everything about Wing Pegasis now that I have it, hah. I still do not really understand what is so different about each position, even if the end result is that each of them does seem to have different lengths of protrusion, somehow.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - zionson - Sep. 08, 2012

(Sep. 08, 2012  3:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is also my plan to measure everything about Wing Pegasis now that I have it, hah. I still do not really understand what is so different about each position, even if the end result is that each of them does seem to have different lengths of protrusion, somehow.

This is true, there's very little visual confirmation of the difference in modes, but you only notice the difference when you test it out. It really is pretty interesting. I personally love Wing.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Sep. 09, 2012

Hm, never did bother to look into those writings, heh. Thanks for the intro.

I can see the difference in the modes and I have a vague idea of what causes it, but measurements would be nicer than my rambling near-guesswork.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Sep. 11, 2012

I think I found the answer :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Fact-D%C3%A9p%C3%B4t?pid=1031431#pid1031431

Because everything about the Metal Frame seems exactly the same, there is no difference in the length or width of the protrusions.