World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set (/Thread-Product-BB-121-Beyblade-Ultimate-DX-Set)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  3:19 PM)Uwik Wrote: It would be safe to say that all 3 beys are 4Ds then?

Yes, now it is confirmed.

Hazel Wrote:Kai-V, unless I am mistaken, the protrusions on the Metal Frame are not all the same size. It could simply be my eyes playing tricks on me, but it would explain why positioning them differently alters things - the spacing between the gaps in the Core is also different.

Hm, that might be right, but it still seems far-fetched. I suppose that Big Bang Pegasis' gimmick was mostly useless too anyway ...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Hazel - Nov. 16, 2011

Yeah, I really doubt it'll make that big of a difference, it's just the only thing I can see being different, other than the flat part on the inside of the Metal Frame having a different alignment with the Core in each mode - but I do not see how that would be significant.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Uwik - Nov. 16, 2011

In the metal frame of Wing: 2 of the portrusions are 'above', while 1 of them is 'below'. This should play into the 1 and 2 modes. Still confused about the 0 mode.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Janstarblast - Nov. 16, 2011

IMO, it would simply be an anime-based mode change. Its 'effect' will only affect the anime... Same for Duo Uranus. I've lost expectations of the air vents actually doing something great... :\
EDIT-
Uwik- How did you manage to see that?! I can hardly make out any difference! Sharp eyes, Uwik!
I think that's the reason why Hazel saw the protrusions to differ in size, thanks to linear visual perspective. Smile

After seeing Duo's air vents in such detailed images, I am now almost entirely sure this is going to make some kind of sound effect - possibly an unpleasant one.

(Nov. 16, 2011  3:28 PM)Uwik Wrote: In the metal frame of Wing: 2 of the portrusions are 'above', while 1 of them is 'below'. This should play into the 1 and 2 modes. Still confused about the 0 mode.

I doubt one of them is below. They all seem to have a certain inclination and they all seem to be around the same level.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Janstarblast - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  3:30 PM)Hazel Wrote: After seeing Duo's air vents in such detailed images, I am now almost entirely sure this is going to make some kind of sound effect - possibly an unpleasant one.

Well, I agree to that point. Inside those 'vents' there are 4 tiny spaces, which will certainly 'whistle' around if air actually circulates through it...
Though it won't make a difference in performance I guess...

Not below as in underneath, i mean below as in unlike the other 2? Damn english... Smile

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Tyler Le - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  3:40 PM)Uwik Wrote: Not below as in underneath, i mean below as in unlike the other 2? Damn english... Smile

Or may be 2 is slightly extended?

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - bigbangbars - Nov. 16, 2011

Thanks for all of the great info Kai-V!! This place is great!! I just ordered Duo from YJA! Hopefully Akirasdaddy will have the set for me to grab soon!! Smile

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - phoen1x - Nov. 16, 2011

Halo....i got this set already and testing the Duo with Basalt, video as below....

Duo Uranus 230WD (Stamina Mode) vs Basalt Horogium 230WD :

Duo Uranus 230WD (Attack Mode) vs Basalt Horogium 230WD :

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Nov. 16, 2011

Mode change struck me as certain parts protruding more depending on rotation, though this would require an imbalanced bey.

We finally get good images and we still can't work it out, hah.
(Nov. 16, 2011  3:40 PM)Uwik Wrote: Not below as in underneath, i mean below as in unlike the other 2? Damn english... Smile

Mm, well from the image showing all the parts of it, I considered it may be that they all have different.angles, but I don't see how rotating it would make a difference.

Definitely different movements between the two modes. Although from initial observations, the stamina mode looks like it's one of the most stable wheels in terms of wobbling, or lack thereof. I guess the air gimmick really makes a difference eh.. Haha..

Since the Stamina mode, with vents closed, is actually better at Stamina(which is good to see!), I wonder if the Defense mode is actually functional at anything, or just the lame duck mode...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Nov. 16, 2011

Does it make a noise?

I can't watch the videos myself right now, and curiosity is keeping me awake Tired

I heard no audible noise except that which was apparently coming from the tips on the Stadium.

(Nov. 16, 2011  6:39 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Duo Uranus 230WD (Attack Mode) vs Basalt Horogium 230WD :

There is no such thing as Attack Mode. Did you mean Defense Mode, where the air vents are open ?

If this is right, then Duo is better when its gimmick is nullified ...

Offcial said Attack mode actually, i just following, sorry

(Nov. 16, 2011  6:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  6:39 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Duo Uranus 230WD (Attack Mode) vs Basalt Horogium 230WD :

There is no such thing as Attack Mode. Did you mean Defense Mode, where the air vents are open ?

If this is right, then Duo is better when its gimmick is nullified ...

Technically, it would make sense that a Stamina-named mode would do better in a strict Stamina showdown, especially against a Basalt combo.

The Defense mode needs to be tested as a Defense part - against attackers. MF Duo Aquario BD145CS/TH170CS/RSF and so on.

(Nov. 16, 2011  7:02 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Offcial said Attack mode actually, i just following, sorry

Official what ? I read the name of the mode directly from CoroCoro, so what is your source ?

EDIT : phoen1x is right, it is Attack Mode.

Hazel Wrote:The Defense mode needs to be tested as a Defense part - against attackers. MF Duo Aquario BD145CS/TH170CS/RSF and so on.

Yes, but it was visibly less stable, so how would it take hits from Attack types ...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Lok - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  6:39 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Halo....i got this set already and testing the Duo with Basalt, video as

Nice video mate,

Would u mind to weight the duo metal wheel
I want to know how heavy it is?
Thx

Death has similar stability issues, but is quite proficient as a Defense wheel, Kai-V.

(Nov. 16, 2011  7:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  7:02 PM)phoen1x Wrote: Offcial said Attack mode actually, i just following, sorry

Official what ? I read the name of the mode directly from CoroCoro, so what is your source ?

Hazel Wrote:The Defense mode needs to be tested as a Defense part - against attackers. MF Duo Aquario BD145CS/TH170CS/RSF and so on.

Yes, but it was visibly less stable, so how would it take hits from Attack types ...

It really said "Attack Mode" include corocoro and the package

Phoen1x : out of curiosity, what is the star rating for Duo on the box? Attack, Defense, Stamina? TAKARA TOMY hasn't updated its parts webpage yet. Thank you.

I know most of you don't care about the star ratings, but it actually holds a basic description of the wheel's characteristics when deciphered.

(Nov. 16, 2011  7:15 PM)phoen1x Wrote: It really said "Attack Mode" include corocoro and the package

Ah, you are completely right, for some reason I misinterpreted a symbol.

That really has nothing to do with attack, but its name is indeed Attack Mode. I will go change my previous posts.