World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set (/Thread-Product-BB-121-Beyblade-Ultimate-DX-Set)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - RowDog - Nov. 14, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  11:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: hopefully it makes a cool noise or something.
Ooh I'd love a cool noise XD

Personally I think that is a bizarre idea, luring beys towards it. As it obviously looks like a defence/stamina wheel what the hell would you be achieving by luring a Variares, Beat or Blitz to have a direct hit on you and most like send you whizzing out of the stadium. Not to mention it might bring down the weight by making it hollow but I'm sure TT has added on weight or something to keep it up to scratch.

This might work well with RS granted that that wind gimmick is true.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 14, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  8:41 AM)Nwolf Wrote: aren't the two modes literally just one has a rectagle hole in it, the other doesn't? thats the only difference I can ntoice from what you've got...

Yes, that is what I wrote in my description ...

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kei - Nov. 14, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  4:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is called "Trap Bey", so I suppose that the gimmick is just the air vents that supposedly absorb air and would theoretically lure the opposing Beyblade to it ...
http://ameblo.jp/queen-of-snow/image-11078113275-11610512783.html

It has two modes though :
http://ameblo.jp/queen-of-snow/image-11078113275-11610512916.html
I cannot see both, but it seems that one of them has the air vents open, and the other shuts them. As can be observed, it is basically perfectly round, hah.

(Nov. 14, 2011  4:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently the first mode is the stamina mode, and in it, the air vents are not really open. In the defense mode, the air vents are not obstructed.

This is a really, really cool idea, but like RowDog, I'm wondering if it will have any practical application (assuming it works). If it were somehow pushing air outwards, rather than sucking it in, then perhaps it would make more sense, but it would be impossible for a Beyblade to generate a force that powerful. In any case, this should be interesting!

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Nov. 14, 2011

Didn't we have an interesting airflow based entry in one of the design contests? This bey kinda made me kinda think of that.

Oh and also this... (Click to View)

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Dan - Nov. 14, 2011

I didn't even notice that really ugly Clear Wheel: It looks like they make Metal System Aquario into a CW..
Metal Wheel too round to have Upper.. :[

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Galaxy Pisces - Nov. 14, 2011

A defense type L-drago?
Well,Hasbro released two defense Pegasus and told us that they were attack types,so why not.
Love that Uranus energy ring.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Annoying-Fork - Nov. 14, 2011

"trap mode" makes the face into a female emblem but we know it's really a guy...

Okay that is out of my system now....

I really like the gold 230WD

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 14, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  7:12 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: "trap mode" makes the face into a female emblem but we know it's really a guy...

Okay that is out of my system now....

I really like the gold 230WD

"Trap mode" is an incorrect term. You should really use the right expression in order to already help spread the proper words that we will not have to correct later.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - th!nk - Nov. 14, 2011

He was just making a joke referencing an internet meme (closely related to the one the image I posted is based on).

Admittedly I only just noticed the mode names. I really do hope the air flow of defense mode doesn't mess with the beys stamina too badly (for example, flying defense on a left sg). Considering TT's definition of defense does seem to be "hitting opposing beys hard to repel attacks" or the like, I'm not really that surprised by a gimmick that attracts opposing beys (an idea that clashes with our definition of defense).

As has already been said, though, I have my doubts that it will really do anything significant unless they've stealthily lodged a motor in there, ahah. That said, with all the round, low recoil beys they've been producing, it could make them grind against each other for longer periods, ahah.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - sum 472 - Nov. 15, 2011

I partially agree with th!nk, This gimmick will have a high chance of not working, or even making Duo's performance worse by the Gap/Air vent. However without it, Duo Uranus wouldn't be considered as ''4D" as other 4D beys because of no mode change. And as I'd imagine, In the anime Duo would be causing Tornados and other highly exaggerated skills using this mode-change.
Though using the mode where the gap is covered; It would see a greater hopeful good part.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Raigeko13 - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  4:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Stuff.

Haha, yay more circles. TBH I don't really mind another. I just want to see a wild design other than Nemesis soon! So an "air flow" gimmick? Is this supposed to mimic what Thermal Pisces did in the anime?
But really, this will have to make a LOT of air interference to actually have an effect on an opposing bey and not getting destabilized if it actually CAN make a large interference.
Gold 230WD, nice.

Dan
It looks more like Metal System Wolf to make, but with an extra protrusion lol Serious

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Dracomageat - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  4:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2011  4:28 AM)Uwik Wrote: 2nd picture, bottom right. Is Duo Uranus really that small? That's a little disappointing...
I am not certain that should necessarily be taken seriously. They really might have just played with the Beyblades' proportions to create a "kid-fun-yahoo" effect.

Besides, the third bey in that pic is only slightly larger. If anything, this just means the new L-Drago is huge.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Noctus134B - Nov. 15, 2011

i seriously think duo would be a very colorful beyblade when it spins lol dunno y....

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - RowDog - Nov. 15, 2011

I've lost most interest with Duo now that I've heard what its gimmick is supposed to be. And although I agree that the impact of its air effect will be minuscule it could just be the difference between an attack bey scraping the side of it ( a smaller less effective hit) or hit more towards the middle (a much more powerful shot). This could lead anti-meta attack types to get KOs more frequently on Duo in a defence or stamina combo.
Not to mention when the gaps are open it gives a higher chance of recoil.
Duo sounds suicide.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Synth - Nov. 15, 2011

Personally, i dont get how it will suck in air. Normally, air should go out of the bey, cause of a law in motion.

Plus, a bey cant even attract the opposing bey... It doesnt even have the spin power to do it!

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Kai-V - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 15, 2011  2:36 PM)DeX Wrote: Personally, i dont get how it will suck in air. Normally, air should go out of the bey, cause of a law in motion.

Plus, a bey cant even attract the opposing bey... It doesnt even have the spin power to do it!

When you put that object in a rotating motion, it is not impossible ...

But yes, we all doubt that this "air-sucking movement" will be effective in any way.

Here is a bigger image of the box :
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2874/mfbultimatedxsetbox.jpg

Can anyone see if Wing seems to have two parts, and how it would change mode ? I suppose that if those smaller protrusions were the Metal Frame, the only way to change it would be to flip it so that the rounded protrusions face the other way ... An official shop does write that there are three 4D Metal Wheels in this set.

This is apparently the official picture for this set :
[Image: mfbultimatedxset1.jpg]

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Benjohadi - Nov. 15, 2011

Nice pictures Kai-V..i would want this rugged set..but the price really concern me..XD
thanks for the awesome pics Kai-V..
those beyblades are pretty.. Eee

I found something that confirms that Wing has a mode change, probably the one I described in my previous post.

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Whatzzer - Nov. 15, 2011

I should get this for my birthday,hehe.Nice,clear pictures,Kai-V!

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Janstarblast - Nov. 15, 2011

(Nov. 14, 2011  11:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: Well, considering the fact Uranus was supposedly the God of the Sky, I'm not surprised it's got an air-based gimmick.

Though I'm almost certain it'll be about as effective as DF145 etc, hopefully it makes a cool noise or something.

Yippee! Whistler bey! Tongue_out LOL!
Well, its good to know that this bey might have air-flow based gimmick. As discussed, we hardly expect this gimmick to work out... But yes, we can't speculate either...
For some reason, I take this as a complete opposite to DF145. I would expect an upward, tornado-like air movement instead of downward air movement. Smile Then again, I am not really good at Physics... But yes, on the basis of effectiveness of these gimmicks, I treat it equal to DF145.

Looking at the big, clearer pictures; I seem to love Duo Uranus now. Smile
TT has given Duo such a solar-panel like look!
Ah, those slopes.... *coughcough...UpperAttack...coughcough*
Thanks for the updates, Kai-V! Joyful_2

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Evolution - Nov. 15, 2011

Wow! This set looks really nice, I'm loving the Guardian L-Drago and Wing Pegasus!! Grin thanks for the great pics, Kai-V! Smile

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Benjohadi - Nov. 15, 2011

seems not that steep for upper attack..XD
Wing Pegasis looks prettier in the recent pic posted by Kai-V..
as for me..i am more atracted to LDG and W Pegasis.. Grin

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Tyler Le - Nov. 15, 2011

Nice picture kai-V. I am loving this set. By the way, is the date is 19 nov, cuz I saw in this vid, it said 17 Nov : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XWlL3DJds&feature=related

RE: BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set - Rendezvous - Nov. 15, 2011

Gah.. Somehow , the metal wheel of Wing Pegasis makes me think of Dark MW.

(Nov. 15, 2011  3:42 PM)Tyler Le Wrote: Nice picture kai-V. I am loving this set. By the way, is the date is 19 nov, cuz I saw in this vid, it said 17 Nov : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XWlL3DJds&feature=related

Toy stores wrote November 20th for the most. It should really not be November 17th.