World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+----- Forum: Affiliate News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Affiliate-News)
+----- Thread: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? (/Thread-What-do-you-want-to-see-on-BeyUK-net)

Pages: 1 2

What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - BeyUK-Espio - Apr. 29, 2009

Hi there.

I'm currently working on a large update for BeyUK.net. But I'm putting this to the large Bey community here.

My question is what do YOU want to see at BeyUK.net. Is there anything you want me to add. At the moment I'm updating the Game and Anime sections respectively. I'm open to idea's just so long as it is within my ability to do it.

Feel free to drop me any thoughts or ideas. We are always open to fan submitted work in regards to media and the game. I look forward to your ideas!

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - MuchWow - Apr. 29, 2009

how about you change the black color on the background. i donno but i dont feel comfortable with dark colors. thats one of the reasons i like this site. the colors here are awesome.
good luck Wink

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - josh-jf - Apr. 29, 2009

Actually edit out my suggestion sorry i made a mistake lol

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - BeyUK-Espio - Apr. 29, 2009

(Apr. 29, 2009  1:07 PM)pegasis Wrote: how about you change the black color on the background. i donno but i dont feel comfortable with dark colors. thats one of the reasons i like this site. the colors here are awesome.
good luck Wink

I added the green texture in the background to make it less plain. I will see what I can do with the background colour. Give me a little while. I just need to add a few things to this update. I will try everything that's suggested, so don't worry.

josh-jf Wrote:Im always using the beyblade database on your site so seeing newer blades and stats up would be great

We can only add new blades as when we get them. I'm trying to get in contact with a friend of mine so as we can add new blades to the old dictionary for Pastic and HMS. This will take some time.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Ash - Apr. 29, 2009

I know this sounds silly but,
Could you upload every episode to a site (like Veoh as its not in parts) and embbed it on your site, so people can watch it??? It would be great to find everything all in one place instead of filling up on bookmarks Lips_sealed

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - BeyUK-Espio - Apr. 29, 2009

I apologise but seeing as this is a new series I will not be uploading the MFB episodes to BeyUK.net. We only did this with the old Beyblade episodes because it was hard to find a reliable source with high quality videos. Getting the high quality episodes on youtube in one part isn't possible.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Pich - Apr. 29, 2009

Honestly, it's kool the way it is. Only thing I would suggest changing is the entrance page. That logo to enter BeyUK is kinda bland and doesn't really fit the rest of the site.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - BeyUK-Espio - Apr. 30, 2009

Might i also add that this isnt for how the site looks. Im also asking what content you want to see.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Giga - Apr. 30, 2009

Delete the false content that's on some of the pages.

(Apr. 30, 2009  8:20 AM)Giga Wrote: Delete the false content that's on some of the pages.

Can you be more specific please? Just saying this doesn't help at all. Do you mean links that don't work?

No, I mean wrong information. For instance:
BeyUK - MG WD Wrote:This is the best weight disk you will find for most blades as it is perfectly balanced, perfect stats, basically a perfect weight disk
Eh-eh.
Perfect stats? Psh, Best WD? Psh. Various things like that.

This is old content and I'm getting round to sorting everything, it takes time. Brad already took digs at me for this sort of content. I have been busy with other things.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Bey Brad - Apr. 30, 2009

(Apr. 30, 2009  6:55 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: This is old content and I'm getting round to sorting everything, it takes time. Brad already took digs at me for this sort of content. I have been busy with other things.

Espio, you came here and asked people what they wanted to be changed. Giga pointed out a valid flaw that needs to be corrected. I told you about this stuff months ago and it's still up, so while you may be busy with other things, it doesn't make you immune to criticism that you requested.

(Apr. 30, 2009  7:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Espio, you came here and asked people what they wanted to be changed. Giga pointed out a valid flaw that needs to be corrected. I told you about this stuff months ago and it's still up, so while you may be busy with other things, it doesn't make you immune to criticism that you requested.

I have taken Giga's critism and am correcting it now I might have you know. I never expected to be immune to critism, I knew I would get it at some point. seeing as I'm making a large update this week anyway, I figured I would sort it out now. I'm just going to remove the text and replace it with other info. I never meant for my post to come across in a hostile manner, that wasn't my intention. Admitadely I could have worded the post a a lot better.

My main concern is with people reading this, then assuming this information is correct. Maybe run the new things by here first? Or at least double check it.
Quote:You can get this weight disk with the Limited Edition Clear Driger S, it is made of a light alloy therefore improving spin velocity and the speed it moves at. The stats are a bit off putting as it has rubbish stats in everything (my opinion), but worth getting if you are a collector. It is a re-model of a wide weight disk as well.
This is all wrong. That is the problem with something other than a wiki type context. Say this had been written on Beywiki, and I came across it. Then without waiting I could change this information, thereby stopping others from using the wrong info.

I think BeyUK needs to focus on its strength, which is media an anime stuff and a general news site. Leave the in-depth game information to us.

I will post up what I have changed. I have completely removed the text and replaced it with its purpose. Will post up anyway.

Okay, though what me and Brad suggested may be a good idea, perhaps for the future?
I see it as this
WBO: Beyblade Hobby/ Forums
BeyUK: More relaxed, Anime.

(Apr. 30, 2009  8:05 PM)Giga Wrote: Okay, though what me and Brad suggested may be a good idea, perhaps for the future?
I see it as this
WBO: Beyblade Hobby/ Forums
BeyUK: More relaxed, Anime.

I won't drop my entire game section as that is a lot of content to just loose. I have watered down the game content a lot, this section WAS worse. I understand this is a better place for the hobby. The info we have now is standard.

I see no reason to drop it if it has info that has been corrected and isn't wrong. This is like telling Kai-V, sorry, to drop her hobby section.

I don't mean for this to sound hostile.

(Apr. 30, 2009  8:18 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I see no reason to drop it if it has info that has been corrected and isn't wrong. This is like telling Kai-V, sorry, to drop her hobby section.

to be honest, i think she could do this as well without any negative repercussions. but that's for another day

Not saying you should drop it. And this is gonna sound harsh, I know: Kai-V has some genuinly interesting things, such as the GIFs for Shooting styles. I do however like the clear pictures on BeyUK.

(Apr. 30, 2009  8:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: to be honest, i think she could do this as well without any negative repercussions. but that's for another day

I feel it is important for a general Beysite to provide content in all areas. What I have may not be alot but it is of some use. As said, I'm removing all incorrect content. from the game section.

We don't have any major strategies or in depth stuff. What we have are images with details that are of use such as weights, release dates, part names etc. I'm going through and removing stuff that is blaintently obvious or nooblike.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Pich - Apr. 30, 2009

This sounds good, and I agree that you should have something on the hobby. Not everyone will go to our site, search through the wiki and find the info there. It's obviously not the main point of your site, but it's nice to have nontheless.
EDIT: went ahead and started looking for errors.
First, here: http://www.beyuk.net/attack.php

"Attack style Beyblades battle by repeatedly attacking the opponents blade, this therefore will result in the opponent Beyblade either being knocked out of the stadium or stop spinning."

That usually isn't true. Instead, replace it with something like "Attack style beyblades battle by hitting the opponent early in the match, resulting in the opponent's (there's actually a typo there on the page as well) Beyblade being either knocked out of the stadium or being hit off balance and eventually stop spinning."

Next, here: http://www.beyuk.net/defence.php

This page has a 2 problems. First, Draciel V2's base is in no way a defense base. You should really replace those pictures with Draciel S's base or something. Second, add something about (not flat) rubber tips being used as well.

Finally, on the endurance page, metal tips should be only mentioned and bearing cores should be a center of attention. It sounds as though it is the opposite. Also, add a picture of a bearing core/base as well as the metal sharp tips. For the upper attack page, Triple Wing has barely any Upper compared to those other two AR's. Use a picture of Dranzer GT's AR instead, it is the best left spin Upper Attack AR for plastics, I believe.

WOW, this is going to be a large update. Rest assured that I will be going through the entire Game section and ammending details as it still appears that work is needed. Nothing is perfect first time round right?

I need to head to work now so I will look at this tomorrow afternoon.

RE: What do you want to see on BeyUK.net? - Pich - Apr. 30, 2009

Sorry, I edited my post. XD
Oh, and you should write up a general Balance page as well. Compacts aren't the only balance types. 10bBistool.