World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. (/Thread-North-Carolina-USA-Tournament-Discussion)

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Bey Brad - Apr. 23, 2016

(Apr. 22, 2016  10:22 PM)Top Doge Wrote: I wouldn't mind hosting, but the problem is that I don't know what's going on with Game Theory. I guess I could try and host in Rolesville Park if anyone is interested.

D_M told me he'd post here tonight, though obviously whether he does so or not is entirely up to him.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Thunder Dome - Apr. 23, 2016

(Apr. 22, 2016  10:22 PM)Top Doge Wrote: I wouldn't mind hosting, but the problem is that I don't know what's going on with Game Theory. I guess I could try and host in Rolesville Park if anyone is interested.
Definitely wait for Dark, park tournaments are always a flop.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Dark_Mousy - Apr. 23, 2016

I just put in the request to the WBO. I was put on day shift this week. I was promoted at my work this past week. So now Im on an 8-5om shift. Ill be more active now. Depression got in the way again. I apologize.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - BeyBladeeee - Apr. 27, 2016

Yo dark mousy I'm sorry your depressed but if you are then you should get someone else to host because right now this is falling apart

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Kai-V - Apr. 27, 2016

(Apr. 27, 2016  8:15 PM)BeyBladeeee Wrote: Yo dark mousy I'm sorry your depressed but if you are then you should get someone else to host because right now this is falling apart

I do agree that somebody else could take charge of submitting the results, fees and winning combinations afterwards because it takes so much time that ZachBob always has to end up drafting something anyway, but at least for now, the thread is up already: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Down-With-The-Burst-April-30-2016-Raleigh-NC-USA

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - BeyBladeeee - Apr. 28, 2016

The 30th is this Saturday I think we need to get this together a little more than we have

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - BeyBladeeee - Apr. 29, 2016

Also are you guys cool that I'm 13

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Kai-V - Apr. 29, 2016

(Apr. 29, 2016  2:59 AM)BeyBladeeee Wrote: Also are you guys cool that I'm 13

Well if they are not, report it to me immediately because we are supposed to be open and to welcome everybody of any age. But I really have no doubt that the North Carolina community especially will be quite warm to your arrival, they are great guys.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 29, 2016

(Apr. 29, 2016  2:59 AM)BeyBladeeee Wrote: Also are you guys cool that I'm 13

Yeah man it's all good, we have people of all ages play at North Carolina events. So whether you're 13 or 31 you'll be welcomed!

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - BeyBladeeee - Apr. 30, 2016

I'm at game theory and I'm the only one signed up right now

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Bey Brad - Apr. 30, 2016

(Apr. 30, 2016  5:00 PM)BeyBladeeee Wrote: I'm at game theory and I'm the only one signed up right now

Hi Beybladeeee, unfortunately today's event had been postponed and this was posted in the official topic here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Down-With-The-Burst-April-30-2016-Raleigh-NC-USA?pid=1323107#pid1323107

Sorry you made the trip for nothing Unhappy

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Kai-V - Apr. 30, 2016

Man, and nobody at Game Theory told you that the event was canceled?

No nobody did and that was a waste of a 4 hour drive well anyway why did it get postponed today seemed fine

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Dark_Mousy - Apr. 30, 2016

Im sorry for the inconvenience. Due to work and issues with GT. I will have an update on Monday.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Thunder Dome - Apr. 30, 2016

(Apr. 30, 2016  7:36 PM)BeyBladeeee Wrote: No nobody did and that was a waste of a 4 hour drive well anyway why did it get postponed today seemed fine
You should've kept up with the thread, we literally posted it was canceled. No one's fault except yours. Also it was not fine, we had like 3 people confirmed. You can't really fire a tournament with low attendance like that.

It's all cool dark_mousy but I think instead of commenting the change you should have updated the information or something like that

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Kai-V - May. 01, 2016

Thunder Dome, your tone was not really appropriate toward a first-timer. A host always has to assume that there are some people who do not keep up with the thread or who are not even Members here and who just glanced at the information and will barely ever come back here. You therefore try to avoid canceling at the last minute and you have to do everything in your power to promote the cancelation everywhere.

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Bey Brad - May. 01, 2016

(May. 01, 2016  12:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Thunder Dome, your tone was not really appropriate toward a first-timer. A host always has to assume that there are some people who do not keep up with the thread or who are not even Members here and who just glanced at the information and will barely ever come back here. You therefore try to avoid canceling at the last minute and you have to do everything in your power to promote the cancelation everywhere.

Agreed. It's totally unusual (and, IMO, not really acceptable) to cancel a tournament the evening before it's scheduled and the entire organization of this event was pretty messy to begin with. Not only that but the original post of the thread hadn't been updated with any new information.

Finally, as Kai-V said, your tone is totally inappropriate to a new player who made an honest mistake in a situation that was confusing to begin with. It's easy for you to take that attitude when you're a veteran player who knows the ropes and you weren't planning to attend anyway. :\

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Stormscorpio1 - May. 01, 2016

I agree that the tone was a little harsh on Adams part, but beybladeee does need to realize that you cant go calling people jacka$$ on the forum. Uncertain

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Kai-V - May. 01, 2016

That too, for sure hah. But it came after and was provoked by the harsh tone...

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - BeyBladeeee - May. 01, 2016

Thanks for understanding guys but can someone like bey Brad or someone host it now because dark mousy not getting the job done at all seriously canceling the evening before is really unprofessional

While I was there I got a really cool board game so it was worth it anyway

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Stormscorpio1 - May. 01, 2016

Woah, Dark has built up this committee from nothing, yes I understand that your upset and I don't blame you I would be to, but you need to lay off on Dark, he's going through a lot right now and it was an honest mistake. You have no idea how much he has done for us in NC.

Okay but while he's going through this stuff maybe he could take a break and not cancel the night before

RE: North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion. - Bey Brad - May. 01, 2016

(May. 01, 2016  12:42 AM)Top Doge Wrote: I agree that the tone was a little harsh on Adams part, but beybladeee does need to realize that you cant go calling people jacka$$ on the forum. Uncertain

For sure. We should've made that clearer.

BeyBladeeee, while I can understand the frustration, you also have to accept that these are volunteer-run events and mistakes do happen. In the future, please check event threads in full before leaving for an event. Dark_Mousy has been a core part of building the North Carolina community.

If you find this unacceptable, you are of course not being forced to attend WBO events. (That said, other NC members who might be interested in hosting events are welcome to make proposals, as always! Smile)

I hope we can end this conversation here and keep this thread positive.

Ight sorry dark mousy I stand by my opinion of thunder dome though