World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Phantom Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Phantom Discussion (/Thread-Phantom-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Phantom Discussion - Shabalabadoo - Oct. 27, 2011

Try GB145 on it! Even more speed, extra stamina, plus extra weight

RE: Phantom Discussion - gibsonmac - Oct. 27, 2011

will try... Oh and you have to bank like mad to keep it from instantly TS-ing

RE: Phantom Discussion - Kujikato - Oct. 27, 2011

tests coming ASAP when i get my Phantom (today i pray)

GB145RF = FAIL!!!... it slowed it down too much, it made the circle patterns/flower patterns much wider... with the AD145 it cycles MUCH faster with a tighter pattern, causing exponentially more hit per pass to the opponents... It also took longer for the RF to hook up with the GB145, where with the AD145 its almost instant... I think it works because the wheel is heavy, but ALL of the weight is not just focused on the outside, it IS the outside edge... the entire thing is plastic through the center except for the outer edge, causing extreme RPM's, reduced friction on the tip, thereby increasing overall stamina, and helping traction at the same time... and the AD145 helps facilitate this by balancing the weight evenly across the whole of the bey... I'm pretty sure I might start a thread for this, as its getting killer results...just going to GB145 = no KO, no destabilized wins, barely any wins at all Uncertain which is odd, because it speeds up most combos, but not this one because there was virtually no weight in the center to begin with, and it made it less balanced.

Dan, CH120 does OK, but the combo NEEDS direct metal contact, so the MW needs to fly over BD145 and avoid contact with it, 120 will be OK for most anything else I'd imagine, but it loses the weight distribution factor and causes excess drag due to the difference in shape, and in this combo(perhaps more than any other I've used) little things like that matter BIG TIME... these are just my initial thoughts though and more testing needs to be done...

RE: Phantom Discussion - Hero - Oct. 27, 2011

Seriously, what are you talking about?

gibsonmac Wrote:It also took longer for the RF to hook up with the GB145, where with the AD145 its almost instant...

I don't think I (or anyone else) knows what you mean by "RF hooking up with GB145". Do you mean attaching the RF bottom onto the GB145 track?

gibsonmac Wrote:as its getting killer results...just going to GB145 = no KO, no destabilized wins, barely any wins at all Uncertain which is odd

Post some comparison results and have someone else back it up. It seems you're notorious for producing results that cannot be mimicked(aside from Bakushin's basic usefulness as a potential Defense Wheel). Use results comparing both GB145 and AD145.

gonna try that out, maybe ED145 will help even more......................

hooking up is a racing term for traction... when a car off the line stops spinning their tires and then grips the track >>>> the RF hooks up faster on the AD145

Also I'm far from notorious for posting things with results others can't replicate... I post uncut/unedited raw direct videos in ALL instances were people claim BS, and it was one combo with 2 parts most people do not have that others couldn't test, so I'm not sure where you get off saying that??

and the results were like 1-10 for GB145, not worth posting, I stopped after 10 rounds...

can ya try ED145, I have this niche feeling of good..........

RE: Phantom Discussion - Hazel - Oct. 27, 2011

(Oct. 27, 2011  6:03 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: hooking up is a racing term for traction... when a car off the line stops spinning their tires and then grips the track >>>> the RF hooks up faster on the AD145

Also I'm far from notorious for posting things with results others can't replicate... I post uncut/unedited raw direct videos in ALL instances were people claim BS, and it was one combo with 2 parts most people do not have that others couldn't test, so I'm not sure where you get off saying that??

and the results were like 1-10 for GB145, not worth posting, I stopped after 10 rounds...

I don't really expect many people here to be savvy to racing terminology, let alone be expected to apply it to spinning tops.

Posting videos doesn't mean other people replicate your results, bro. That just means you filmed yourself doing it - unless others film themselves doing it, I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

That it isn't Bull carp Bro!!! that its legit

RE: Phantom Discussion - Hazel - Oct. 27, 2011

(Oct. 27, 2011  6:09 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: That it isn't Bull carp Bro!!! that its legit

One man's results do not equal a solid foundation. If it cannot be replicated, it cannot be applied to the metagame. If it works for you and no one else, good for you.

I shouldn't have to continue giving you this lecture. It's common sense, it's basic scientific law, and it's just getting in the way of discussion.

Izuma Inzori, why do you suspect this will do well on ED145? Did you mean specifically for Attack?

I have success with ED145 attackers, this seems to be a likely candidate

RE: Phantom Discussion - gibsonmac - Oct. 28, 2011

For DAN...

MFF Phantom Cancer CH120RF vs MFH Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB
Phantom 4-10 1KO
Basalt 6-10

Phantom 40%

MFF Phantom Cancer CH145RF vs MFH Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB
Phantom 7-10 5KO
Basalt 3-10

Phantom 70%

Well I was right, 145 is needed for this particular combo, though GB145 doesn't work for reasons stated before... and Hazel and Dan, looks like I found you a situation where 145 height of a CH120(properly functioning) IS the correct choice lol...

RE: Phantom Discussion - Dan - Oct. 28, 2011

Feel proud.
CH145 still sucks!!!

RE: Phantom Discussion - Hazel - Oct. 28, 2011

(Oct. 28, 2011  9:41 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: For DAN...

MFF Phantom Cancer CH120RF vs MFH Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB
Phantom 4-10 1KO
Basalt 6-10

Phantom 40%

MFF Phantom Cancer CH145RF vs MFH Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB
Phantom 7-10 5KO
Basalt 3-10

Phantom 70%

Well I was right, 145 is needed for this particular combo, though GB145 doesn't work for reasons stated before... and Hazel and Dan, looks like I found you a situation where 145 height of a CH120(properly functioning) IS the correct choice lol...

Now try it on AD145 or another less terrible 145, you should see an increase in performance. R145 is one I'm still heavily anticipating results from, as well as S130.

RE: Phantom Discussion - Angry Face - Oct. 28, 2011

(Oct. 26, 2011  10:17 PM)Dan Wrote: I honestly cannot see any current wheel at 90 height KO Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB with MF of all tips unless this CS is extremely aggressive. Unless somehow someone overlooked its absurd amount of recoil (having to be larger than VariAres or Blitz) with its insurmountable stamina, assuming having the two is possible in a single wheel. Even with its mode change it is ridiculously impossible..

MF never KO'd Basalt BD145CS, it always won by out spin...

(Oct. 26, 2011  9:29 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Tornado Stall-er
MF Phantom Aquario 90MF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS

PA: 95% (All SO's)
BK: 5% (KO)

I tried CH120 for awhile, and realized halfway through the testing that it was sucking, so I stopped there with 2 KO's on Phantom's part, and 9 SO's with Basalt. Also, done with the S130 tests, and these are the results:

MF Phantom Aquario S130RF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS

Stamina Mode Testing: (Click to View)

Attack Mode Testing: (Click to View)

I'd love to do some RSF testing later, though.

RE: Phantom Discussion - gibsonmac - Oct. 29, 2011

Can anyone confirm the 'different molds' of the Phantom MW??? I have three, each bought from different sellers, and they ALL seem to be identical, except for the 'A1-4' stamps... I was told one of the molds is 'smooth' the other is 'spiky' ???

RE: Phantom Discussion - Shabalabadoo - Oct. 29, 2011

(Oct. 29, 2011  4:06 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Can anyone confirm the 'different molds' of the Phantom MW??? I have three, each bought from different sellers, and they ALL seem to be identical, except for the 'A1-4' stamps... I was told one of the molds is 'smooth' the other is 'spiky' ???

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-London-UK-Regents-Park-15-10-11-The-Autumn-Battle-Bash--41309?pid=814194#pid814194

RE: Phantom Discussion - gibsonmac - Oct. 30, 2011

Yeah, still not too clear, any pictures of the two mold side by side??? All three of my wheels look like they have spikes in the mouth, though I'm unsure what they mean by the gap??

RE: Phantom Discussion - Kujikato - Oct. 30, 2011

My Phantom IMO is the smooth one............... pic:
[Image: Photoon2011-10-30at1102.jpg]

RE: Phantom Discussion - BigBangSoda145 - Nov. 02, 2011

is that a mirrored image because my phantom wheels smirk is facing the other way..

RE: Phantom Discussion - Ga' - Nov. 02, 2011

It's a webcam, so yes, it is mirrored. It's not really that important.

RE: Phantom Discussion - RustyXD - Nov. 16, 2011

Just like to bring up some observations about phantoms attack capabilities. Phantom has a decent amount of smash but less then things like Beat , VariAres and Blitz although it is way more reliable then Beat in terms of recoil and all.
Here are some quick tests.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS Vs MF-H Phantom Bull R145RF
Standard Procedure
Phantom wins : 7 (All KO)
Basalt wins : 3 (2 OS)

Phantom seems to hit basalt up to the TR and then finish it off with a beastly hit.

RE: Phantom Discussion - gibsonmac - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  11:15 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Just like to bring up some observations about phantoms attack capabilities. Phantom has a decent amount of smash but less then things like Beat , VariAres and Blitz although it is way more reliable then Beat in terms of recoil and all.

Standard Procedure

Phantom seems to hit basalt up to the TR and then finish it off with a beastly hit.

Phantom RF is my Favorite combo... it can OS some stamina, KO Basalt, slay Vari and Blitz... its the perfect wheel imo... I usually use a plain face or MFF to keep all the weight to the outside... also Phantom has very little recoil with an RF... so I don't know that the MFH is doing you any favors... just a thought

RE: Phantom Discussion - Glowfire1 - Nov. 16, 2011

(Nov. 16, 2011  5:03 PM)gibsonmac Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  11:15 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Just like to bring up some observations about phantoms attack capabilities. Phantom has a decent amount of smash but less then things like Beat , VariAres and Blitz although it is way more reliable then Beat in terms of recoil and all.

Standard Procedure

Phantom RF is my Favorite combo... it can OS some stamina, KO Basalt, slay Vari and Blitz... its the perfect wheel imo... I usually use a plain face or MFF to keep all the weight to the outside... also Phantom has very little recoil with an RF... so I don't know that the MFH is doing you any favors... just a thought

it's Not the Best, every bd145cs top Tier 1 Combos See killinng Phantom With
Rf, ans rdf makes the Job top, it's normal that Phantom is good but in attack Not so good how blitz or vari Ares in attack