World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App (/Thread-iPhone-iPod-touch-Beyblade-App)

iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladeGeeks - Sep. 23, 2011

EDITED : app is on the appstore. Search for "Beyblade Geeks"

Hi bladers I read some of the comments on "suggestions" & "ask a question" and saw some people interested in a beyblade app. We recently designed a pretty simple ios app for mobile devices to get quick updates/news on things related to beyblades.

Here's a concept..

[Image: photo3j.png]

Of course this will NOT replace reading WBO/youtube from the computer but it can help support the beyblade community. Let me know some opinion on this.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Kai-V - Sep. 23, 2011

I have very little knowledge of applications on Apple devices, but that seems quite cool. Would it be free to get ?

This probably belongs more in the Comments and Questions forum since it seems to revolve more around the site than Beyblade.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Cygnus - Sep. 23, 2011

That looks amazing! Would it be free? And would you pay the fee to be able publish it?

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Jaygrazer - Sep. 23, 2011

Cool! But can you write one for Android 2.3.3?

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Shika blade - Sep. 23, 2011

That seems so nice! Can it possibly download automatically when internet is avaible, so when offline, we can read threads. Too hard? Uncertain

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladeGeeks - Sep. 23, 2011

(Sep. 23, 2011  3:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I have very little knowledge of applications on Apple devices, but that seems quite cool. Would it be free to get ?

This probably belongs more in the Comments and Questions forum since it seems to revolve more around the site than Beyblade.

Yup we're planning on making it free on the Appstore.

(Sep. 23, 2011  3:21 PM)Au®a Wrote: That looks amazing! Would it be free? And would you pay the fee to be able publish it?

It cost $99 a year for a license to publish apps on the Appstore, and I think we'll might to subsidized the cost for it. maybe.

(Sep. 23, 2011  5:08 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Cool! But can you write one for Android 2.3.3?

I think so, it cost $25 to publish apps to the android market, so we'll see how everything goes.

(Sep. 23, 2011  6:07 PM)Shika blade Wrote: That seems so nice! Can it possibly download automatically when internet is avaible, so when offline, we can read threads. Too hard? Uncertain

It basically collects the feeds from threads in each forum section, you can download them while you have wifi, then read them whenever you're on the go after.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - .:J:. - Sep. 23, 2011

if you've already downloaded a thread i'm guessing that it updates with any new posts? correct?

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladeGeeks - Sep. 23, 2011

(Sep. 23, 2011  7:28 PM)Nwolf Wrote: if you've already downloaded a thread i'm guessing that it updates with any new posts? correct?

You can update the threads whenever you want but if you want to see replies you have to have Internet access.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Odin - Sep. 23, 2011

This is interesting! How would it download the "important" threads, like in the News section? Is there some way to connect it to the WBO Portal? Would you be able to pick other threads, too? I'm sorry if this has already been stated, and I've just not understood it.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Shabalabadoo - Sep. 23, 2011

Even though I've spoken about why i don't think there's a need for an app, I'm always on an iPad on here; you have my support.

I hope for the best!

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - JAM20100511 - Sep. 24, 2011

Is there a beywiki part in the app? that would b quite interesting, so bladers can access good combos and stuff at tourneys with no wifi
also, i downloaded it for my ipod touch 3rd gen. it isnt working, so is there a way for u guys to write it for that ver? if not, does it work on an ipad?

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladeGeeks - Sep. 24, 2011

(Sep. 23, 2011  9:15 PM)Odin Wrote: This is interesting! How would it download the "important" threads, like in the News section? Is there some way to connect it to the WBO Portal? Would you be able to pick other threads, too? I'm sorry if this has already been stated, and I've just not understood it.

it connects to the feeds depending on the forum, so it'll show the latest threads

(Sep. 24, 2011  12:01 AM)JAM20100511 Wrote: Is there a beywiki part in the app? that would b quite interesting, so bladers can access good combos and stuff at tourneys with no wifi
also, i downloaded it for my ipod touch 3rd gen. it isnt working, so is there a way for u guys to write it for that ver? if not, does it work on an ipad?

(Sep. 23, 2011  11:31 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Even though I've spoken about why i don't think there's a need for an app, I'm always on an iPad on here; you have my support.

I hope for the best!

no it simply connects to the threads by date, adding parts/combos would take extensive coding and time but it could be worked on. The app isnt available for download yet so im not sure what you mean. It can work for iPad but it's designed more for mobile devices

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Shabalabadoo - Sep. 24, 2011

(Sep. 24, 2011  12:18 AM)BeybladeGeeks Wrote: The app isnt available for download yet so im not sure what you mean. It can work for iPad but it's designed more for mobile devices

it means that I'd use it pretty much regularly. I'd download it; "you have my support", as in you have a for sure customer who will support the idea by using it.

I think I repeated that twice in one sentence, haha.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - JAM20100511 - Sep. 24, 2011

I went to the app store and typed in Beyblade. There is an app for it so i downloaded it. This 1 isnt u guys' app??? So will this app that u guys r creating will work on my version of the iTouch?

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladeGeeks - Sep. 24, 2011

(Sep. 24, 2011  12:27 AM)JAM20100511 Wrote: I went to the app store and typed in Beyblade. There is an app for it so i downloaded it. This 1 isnt u guys' app??? So will this app that u guys r creating will work on my version of the iTouch?

i recommend getting your money back if the app isnt even working for your device

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Serotonin - Sep. 24, 2011

(Sep. 24, 2011  12:18 AM)BeybladeGeeks Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2011  9:15 PM)Odin Wrote: This is interesting! How would it download the "important" threads, like in the News section? Is there some way to connect it to the WBO Portal? Would you be able to pick other threads, too? I'm sorry if this has already been stated, and I've just not understood it.

it connects to the feeds depending on the forum, so it'll show the latest threads

(Sep. 24, 2011  12:01 AM)JAM20100511 Wrote: Is there a beywiki part in the app? that would b quite interesting, so bladers can access good combos and stuff at tourneys with no wifi

(Sep. 23, 2011  11:31 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Even though I've spoken about why i don't think there's a need for an app, I'm always on an iPad on here; you have my support.

I hope for the best!

no it simply connects to the threads by date, adding parts/combos would take extensive coding and time but it could be worked on. The app isnt available for download yet so im not sure what you mean. It can work for iPad but it's designed more for mobile devices

So is this essentially a WBO-based RSS Reader? It's a solid idea but I'm not sure whether it doesn't already exist, haha.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - Shika blade - Sep. 24, 2011

Hah. Checkout flip board, type in beyblade, you get the WBO. Im sticking to that

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - redviral - Nov. 21, 2012

Lets do this ppl that grew up with beyblades from season one in 2000 to now should have a vet app. Even tho we r 20 to 25 it would be great maybe even post old school bet tournament on you tube

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - ~Mana~ - Nov. 21, 2012

^ And sometimes I wonder if users even read the dates on these threads.

The app came out a long while ago. Although, I have the app on my iPhone 3GS, but the WBO function is broken, and the products section needs a major update.

The site is just as easy to view on mobiles anyway, you really don't need a fancy app or anything, hence why everytime an app idea for the WBO has been brought up, it has been quickly denied.

RE: iPhone/iPod touch Beyblade App - BeybladePants11 - Nov. 21, 2012

I have this on the iPad Grin