World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Galman Attempt :P - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+--- Thread: Galman Attempt :P (/Thread-Galman-Attempt-P)

Galman Attempt :P - Rocky - Apr. 17, 2009

Okay, I wasn't exactly planning on doing this but I ended up doing it anyways because I'm a horrible procrastinator (should be doing art coursework >.>). XD I don't expect it to be amazing or anything, I didn't exactly spend ages on it, but hopefully it's better than the current article and at least some of the other article attempts I've seen on here. XD
I could take pictures if necessary but if someobody else would like to do that then that's fine too. I have an MMS Galman and it's in great condition save for the stupid stickers. >.>
All criticisms and ideas welcome. If we can create a good article together then that'd be great! It'd be nice to think that I contributed a little to the site in some way. :3
Uh anyways:

Galman

Attack Ring (AR): War Monkey
Weight: 6 grams
The main AR of Galman has four smaller wings and holds a free spinning Sub-AR of the same shape. Due to the projections being relatively short it has no points where strong recoil could occur. This also means that the overall shape of War Monkey is close to that of a circle meaning that it gives off little friction. As the Sub-AR is free-spinning it acts as a shock absorber and allows the beyblade to take harder hits whilst preventing powerful recoil and KO’s. This makes it a good choice for Defense customizations. Due to it’s relatively round shape and free-spinning Sub-AR, War Monkey has some spin stealing ability and has some use in Survival customizations.
Whilst it is a good choice for a blader with limited parts, it is greatly out-classed in both Defense and Survival customizations by Galeon’s War Lion.

Use in Defense Customizations:
In a Defense customization War Monkey gives off little friction leading to a longer spin time and can prevent recoil. Here is an example of a weight based Defense customization using War Monkey:

AR: War Monkey
S-AR: War Monkey
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Takara Metal Driger)
BB: SG Metal Ball Base (with 4 balls)

Use in Survival Customizations:
In a Survival customization War Monkey gives off little friction and the Sub-AR has some spin stealing properties and prevents recoil. Here is an example of a Survival customization using War Monkey, where the idea is to deflect numerous hits and stay in the same position by way of the rubber tip, and the free-spinning shaft and Sub-AR:

SG: Left SG (Bearing Version 2)(Wolborg 2)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)

Weight Disk (WD): Eight Heavy
See Eight Heavy.

Blade Base (BB): SG Sharp Base
See SG Sharp Base

Other Versions
BBA Survivor
A-66 Paint Kit Version (White)
Metal Masters Version (Metallic Purple)
Hyperblades Version (Green and Black)
Random Booster 4 Version (Transparent Purple)

Gallery

Overall
Galman’s War Monkey is greatly outclassed by the much more popular War Lion, found on Galeon, but is a useful part and is a good choice for Defense and Survival customizations when War Lion is not an option. It’s WD and BB can be found on numerous other beyblades making Galman useful to own but not a must-have.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Giga - Apr. 17, 2009

On both customs you put War Lion, instead of Monkey.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Rocky - Apr. 17, 2009

Ahaha, well that's one thing then. Fixed now. That's because I went to the other articles to check my combos and they were exactly the same as the Galeon article so I just copy-pasted them (I hadn't written them down before then). XD
No other suggestions? Unhappy

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Giga - Apr. 17, 2009

It's fine right now TBH.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - FOOF! - Apr. 17, 2009

war monkey XD lol

[warn]

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Pich - Apr. 17, 2009

It looks nice to me. Not sure on the friction stuff you said, though. (not that I would really know >.>)

Well it seemed to make sense when I wrote it. I'm sure the Comittee can make it all correct and stuff. :3

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Pich - Apr. 17, 2009

It does seem to make sense. I've just never heard it mentioned like that before. I'm sure the Committee will correct anything that needs to be.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Neeek - Apr. 17, 2009

Very well written Rocky, I can't think of anything you could add to it :\

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Kei - Apr. 17, 2009

It looks OK. Read over it once, and I don't think there is anything you can add. Lets wait to hear from some more members before we post it.

Good job Smile

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Khel - Apr. 17, 2009

(Apr. 17, 2009  9:56 PM)Rocky Wrote:

Galman

Attack Ring (AR): War Monkey
Weight: 6 grams

War Monkey contains two parts: a main AR and the Sub-AR. The main AR is characterized by four small projections. These projections do not protrude much and posses little offensive power, but allow for low recoil. The main strength of this AR comes from it's harmony with the Sub-AR which is identical in shape to the Main AR. This means that the shape of War Monkey is that of a full circle enhancing many of its current defense attributes.

Since it is free-spinning the Sub-AR acts as a shock absorber and allows the beyblade to take harder hits whilst reducing recoil and KO’s, making it is a very good choice for Defense customizations. The circular shape and free spinning attributes also allow War Monkey to have some spin stealing ability giving it some use in survival customizations.

Whilst a powerful AR; it is important to note that it falls short in many areas when directly compared to the top contender in this category: War Lion (Galeon).

Use in Defense Customizations:
In a Defense customization War Monkey's circular shape helps reduce recoil. It pairs well with a Defensive BB and WD.

SG: Neo Right SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Takara Metal Driger)
BB: SG Metal Ball Base (with 4 balls)

Use in Survival Customizations:
War Monkey also possesses some spin stealing attributes due to it's design, making it a viable alternative for Survival combos.

SG: Left SG (Bearing Version 2)(Wolborg 2)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)

Weight Disk (WD): Eight Heavy
See Eight Heavy.

Blade Base (BB): SG Sharp Base
See SG Sharp Base

Other Versions
BBA Survivor
A-66 Paint Kit Version (White)
Metal Masters Version (Metallic Purple)
Hyperblades Version (Green and Black)
Random Booster 4 Version (Transparent Purple)

Gallery

Overall
Galman’s War Monkey is bested in many categories by the more popular War Lion, found on Galeon, but is a useful part and is a viable option for Defense and Survival customizations when War Lion is not an option.

It is a beyblade worth owning for those with an affinity to defensive style Beyblades, collectors, or for those unable to get Galeon. Not a must-own, but still a good blade.

I made changes to the AR section. You really don't have to use all of them ( I was not too sure on the friction part- so will let others have their say on it) Overall it was a very well written article. Smile

Well don't I feel all special now? XD Thanks for making it sound more awesome. :3

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Lance Perfora - Apr. 18, 2009

Thanks for the info ish o.o

RE: Galman Attempt :P - josh-jf - Apr. 18, 2009

Is the the first time youve written an article on beywiki? if so i think you did a great job. You explained the blades really well and the article would increase someones knowledge on galman but it was also fun to read (i know that because i actually read over it twice and its hard to get me to read something even once lol) so congrats.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - HaganeGinga - Apr. 18, 2009

Thanks for the info rocky! Joyful_2

RE: Galman Attempt :P - ReallyRandomTJ - Jul. 19, 2009

I have a Galman blade. i keep its stickers on with putting the glue [[glue sticks that used at primary school XD]] underneath the stickers.. it works. Tongue_out

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Giga - Jul. 19, 2009

Rocky, can you upload articles yet? This seems pretty finished apart from pics.

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Rocky - Jul. 19, 2009

I completely forgot this existed.......and I really hate reading my old posts. >_>

Um, I was sure there was something that needed to be fixed, an odd word or term or something but I can't find it anymore....

And actually, I can't edit the wiki. :X Though I don't think it would be hard to change the permissions.....but then I wouldn't do that without Brad's say-so. :\

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Aqua - Aug. 02, 2009

The article looks good and is definately an upgrade to the one currently on the wiki Tongue_out Add it to the wiki (apparently everyone has access now)?

RE: Galman Attempt :P - Rocky - Aug. 02, 2009

It has ocurred to me that it's possible that before I just hadn't been logged in. >_> BUT ANYWAYS, uploaded that for now. Haven't included a gallery, anyone with a decent camera is welcome to go ahead, otherwise I'll take some pics at some point this week.