World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Blitz - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  1:46 PM)ControL_ Wrote: On Sunday, the UK had a professionally done, but unofficial tournament that included the ban of Basalt.

Might I say, as a regular tournament activist, that unofficial tournament was miles funner and more competitive than our usual tournaments.

Going back to this, I have to say I had a lot more fun without Basalt being used. Speaking to the others that attended only one of the nine was really against the banning of Basalt.

Me being Pro-Basalt before and using it at almost all of the previous tournaments I've attended to going to not using it was quite a shock, however it was a good one as it made me venture into using attack types (even if they didn't work all the time, damn you MF-H Libra haha) and different combo's.

It may not of been an official tournament but I must say it seemed like everyone was treating it as one, so much stalling it was unreal!

I did film most of the battles so I'll try get a video up asap so others can see what was used in place of Basalt combos.

Oh and when I last checked the people who voted against the ban of Basalt roughly 53 of the people that voted had attended a tournament.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - djspida5 - Aug. 16, 2011

personally i think Basalt is just another Bistool 10B, MBD, tiger defenser/CW/bearing version 2 etc. all hype with the notion of believing these combos are "unbeatable". while these classic combos were the top tier of their time, they did have a multitude of weaknesses that can be exploited using the right combo, as goes with basalt wheel.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - BeyCenter - Aug. 16, 2011

Blitz, I agree. The MetaGame has changed since basalt come. Nowadays, if you go to a tourny, you would probably see Basalt vs Basalt. Thats always the case these days. Unfortunately, I've never been to a tourny without Basalt, But back then, the metagame would be a variety of different combos and different wheels and CWs and Tracks and tips not just the same Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB or Basalt Aquario GB145RS over and over again.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Pony - Aug. 16, 2011

I'm only getting my basalt for testing with my combos. If one of my combos can beat Basalt horoguim in a HASBRO stadium that would be the ultimate pleasure.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - LeoneLione - Aug. 16, 2011

I don't think that we should. I mean, with the arrival of new parts like Scythe, RB or B:D Basalt won't/isn't so invincible. I really want TT to release a wheel that is equal to Basalt, but we all know that it might not happen so soon. I understood why we banned Libra, but here its different. In this meta game we have LOTS of combos that can sometimes/always overcome Basalt. Why ban Basalt if it's not completely invincible? Basalt BD145/TH170 is very good, and is very hard to knock out. So it people are so desperate why not just ban the usage of Basalt and BD145/TH170 together? I wouldn't like that... lol. Its like banning a professional athlete because he's so good!

If TT releases an equal to Basalt, the meta game would be balanced, no? That is right, and I know that you're thinking: "Then lets just ban Basalt until a new equal is made!". We all know that some Basalt combos are better than others. So lets either let Basalt live and wait for an equal, or ban Basalt BD145/TH170 combos. I prefer suggestion number 1. We've lived with Basalt until now, why can't we keep on living with it?

To prove my point, the other day I was watching "Bey-Cation Part 2: Rivals Meet Again @ Dufferin Grove park" on jesseProductinz's channel (credit to him ^^). Basalt didn't make it to the finals, Hell and Scythe did. So why should we ban it if it doesn't always get to the finals? There are other awesome combos too, so why make an exception for Basalt?

Off Topic ----> I know that I'm supposed to be "away", but I just couldn't help myself! ^^

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

Did you read the thread? We're not calling it invincible. We never did. We are saying that it is WAY too easy to win with, and it is by far one of the best 'Balance' parts ever, if not the best. It is the best Defense part, it is one of the best Stamina parts, and it can KO stuff. Besides, Libra could be beaten when it was banned, too. Just a point, but in The Problem's tournament, Basalt___145WD won, and that's plain insane.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Jaygrazer - Aug. 16, 2011

Because alot of members on the community want the variation of combos, not combos meant for basalt or any top tier. I said it onces, I said it twice, and say it as many times as necessary: I want to go to any freaking tournament with a Scythe Kronos T125MF or Ray Striker T125HF and NOT worry about this:
BASALT!!!!!! I want it gone and dead.

And I'm saying that people should take advantage of those teensy weaknesses Basalt has! Scythe Kronos can beat the Basalt wheel. A good attack type can knock out Basalt. In the tourney I went to, an attack type won the whole thing. And there were a couple Basalt users in that tournament. Serious nobody seems to take advantage of these little weaknesses that can defeat Basalt!

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - MrTrippleAAA - Aug. 16, 2011

WHAT!? NO!!! Basalt is an AMAAAZING wheel!!!! DONT BAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:36 PM)TrippleAAA Wrote: WHAT!? NO!!! Basalt is an AMAAAZING wheel!!!! DONT BAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason we're arguing is BECAUSE it's such a good wheel.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Meow! - Aug. 16, 2011

That's the problem. Basalt has such small weakness, that you have to be very dedicated to beating it. I cannot practice with basalt for 7 months and then the day before the tournament switch to lightning tank and expect to come out with a prize. You need to practice and practice which is an arduous task not many people are willing to take. It is much easier to use a defense combo than an attack combo.

Dranzer, I know, I have a Scythe Kronos. My Combo is Scythe Kronos T125MF. But the thing is, what about the other people? (BTW Selling Scythe Kronos within 24 hours on Amazon the name WabbitStore Grin). Anyways, yeah, Triple AAA, do you have a legit reason why not? Cuz Im sure your last post isnt going to show that your smart when it comes to this stuff.

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:36 PM)TrippleAAA Wrote: WHAT!? NO!!! Basalt is an AMAAAZING wheel!!!! DONT BAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're making things worse. You've been a terrible poster for a while now, please stop with the bad posting. Frankly, you're taking away from the "Don't Ban Basalt" side, as now it is associated with these types of posts.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Serotonin - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:41 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Dranzer, I know, I have a Scythe Kronos. My Combo is Scythe Kronos T125MF. But the thing is, what about the other people? (BTW Selling Scythe Kronos within 24 hours on Amazon the name WabbitStore Grin). Anyways, yeah, Triple AAA, do you have a legit reason why not? Cuz Im sure your last post isnt going to show that your smart when it comes to this stuff.

Stop shoehorning your store into every single one of your posts. Everyone's sick of hearing about it.

Ive only said it twice on here. Jeez whats your problem. Its not like EVERY SINGLE POST I DO has WabbitStore.

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:45 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  8:41 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Dranzer, I know, I have a Scythe Kronos. My Combo is Scythe Kronos T125MF. But the thing is, what about the other people? (BTW Selling Scythe Kronos within 24 hours on Amazon the name WabbitStore Grin). Anyways, yeah, Triple AAA, do you have a legit reason why not? Cuz Im sure your last post isnt going to show that your smart when it comes to this stuff.

Stop shoehorning your store into every single one of your posts. Everyone's sick of hearing about it.

I was hoping someone would point this out. It is lame and shameless advertisement.

Okay, it seems people are thinking that counters are excessively common or something, and that ONE WHEEL validates their argument in Scythe. It does not. At all. It is best in Defense, and second best in Stamina. That's not good.

Ok ill stop. Meanies, cant say things nicer? And lets get to the point: Basalt must be eliminated.

(Aug. 16, 2011  8:49 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  8:45 PM)♥ Wrote:

I was hoping someone would point this out. It is lame and shameless advertisement.

Okay, it seems people are thinking that counters are excessively common or something, and that ONE WHEEL validates their argument in Scythe. It does not. At all. It is best in Defense, and second best in Stamina. That's not good.

A basalt on an mb is even more deadly. The issue I have is the possibility of the "temporary ban" only lasting a short while as takara could release a strong attack wheel in attempt to balance things out.

Libra's ban was temporary, and that was slightly too long, if you'd listen to McFrown's POV, some say otherwise, and I think that it lasted about a month too long. But that's just me. But Temporary Bans work very well, I think. Let the metagame catch up.

Not temporary because then people will be waiting for a unban day. More like: TILL FURTHER NOTICE thing.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - H8R - Aug. 16, 2011

Galaxy Jay how are they meanies people on the WBO are very considerate If there really was A considerate way of saying what they said they would have used it you were just being downright annoying!

....Scythe does have the ability to outspin KO and overall beat basalt but people find it easier to just use basalt they wont give up (how stubborn) the only way to solve this is to ban this wheel (If B:D truly is as good as we anticipated...then we should be alke to unban Basalt but if the spamming of basalt combos go on even after B:D finds its place on the tiers list then it will be unbanned)

Scythe can't KO Basalt from my knowledge. It wins by OS. But yeah, with so many people spamming Basalt, the only way to prevent this is to ban it until it is not so easy to win with. Which is what I've BEEN SAYING.

Also, Temporarily and Until Further Notice being the same is implied.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Dan - Aug. 16, 2011

Your point of view makes no sense Jay, you've never been to a tournament, either.
Libra's unban lasted a month too long? Where do you get that number from? Lightning LDrago was released in mid-'09 and Libra was banned the same year.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - H8R - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  9:04 PM)Temporal Wrote: Scythe can't KO Basalt from my knowledge. It wins by OS. But yeah, with so many people spamming Basalt, the only way to prevent this is to ban it until it is not so easy to win with.

In my experience scythe KO's basalt quite well but gets saved by the wall like most other beys.... I agree so when exactly will we ban it

I agree but what I'm saying is that if shortly after we ban it, takara releases another big game-changer, such as a very high smash attack wheel. Then people will start bringing that wheel to tourneys, basalt users will get discouraged and stop using basalt. Then its "attack dominate all" all over again. I don't say that is necessarily bad, but with the short time frame not everyone will catch-up with the "unban".

I feel that we should create different formats, because either way we will run into difficulties. The different formats just give a better outcome and is a lot more healthy for the meta game.