World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Flame Aries - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  4:35 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Basically, what i'm reading is that bladers are saying the basalt wheel should be banned because it's harder for attack types to KO it.If that's the case just get stronger.Plus, if basalt is so strong why not put it against the temp. banned Libra wheel?Technically i'm saying that basalt shouldn't be banned.
Attack types can KO it, it's just that most bladers aren't confident enough to use it....

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Black Wing - Aug. 16, 2011

Then we should put a restriction on bladers that aren't confident in themselves that have attack types.Therefore making them unable to face basalt.But if that's the case why are they trying to make it harder on defensive type users like myself?

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  4:45 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:35 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Basically, what i'm reading is that bladers are saying the basalt wheel should be banned because it's harder for attack types to KO it.If that's the case just get stronger.Plus, if basalt is so strong why not put it against the temp. banned Libra wheel?Technically i'm saying that basalt shouldn't be banned.
Attack types can KO it, it's just that most bladers aren't confident enough to use it....
And confidence is gained by training.

Training isn't just learning to "control" a bey. It's about training yourself mentally. You're learning how to shoot it correctly, but more importantly, you're building confidence in yourself. Your Beyblade will never get stronger and it's been said very frequently that there is a limit to the number of RPMs you can achieve so that means the only thing left is the blader's inner strength, not physical.

I know that I've been able to win battles by making a blader flinch on their launch. I acted like I was going to pull super hard, which was intimidating enough for them to do the same, which resulted in multiple self-KOs.

It's not always about what you are using, but how you use it, too. Creative reactions to a losing situation is what separates good bladers from inexperienced bladers. I say inexperienced over bad because no one is truly terrible. Everyone who is of high rank has earned that through hard work, studying, and/or practicing techniques/tests/combos.

(Aug. 16, 2011  4:48 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Then we should put a restriction on bladers that aren't confident in themselves that have attack types.Therefore making them unable to face basalt.But if that's the case why are they trying to make it harder on defensive type users like myself?
What are you talking about and simple "It's because you rely on Basalt too much to win" is what they're saying..

I have to agree with Deikailo.What she just described is that bladers need to train harder and that the basalt wheel is just another obstical on the course of becoming a strong blader.

(Aug. 16, 2011  4:52 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:45 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
And confidence is gained by training.

Training isn't just learning to "control" a bey. It's about training yourself mentally. You're learning how to shoot it correctly, but more importantly, you're building confidence in yourself. Your Beyblade will never get stronger and it's been said very frequently that there is a limit to the number of RPMs you can achieve so that means the only thing left is the blader's inner strength, not physical.

I know that I've been able to win battles by making a blader flinch on their launch. I acted like I was going to pull super hard, which was intimidating enough for them to do the same, which resulted in multiple self-KOs.

It's not always about what you are using, but how you use it, too. Creative reactions to a losing situation is what separates good bladers from inexperienced bladers. I say inexperienced over bad because no one is truly terrible. Everyone who is of high rank has earned that through hard work, studying, and/or practicing techniques/tests/combos.
This is very true, but according to the Banning side, inexperienced bladers want the easy way out and choose Basalt, rather than training and strength from hard work. I myself want Basalt to stay and I don't even own one. That's why I'm going to run tests with the lost wheels and expose Basalt weakness(This comment might go against Kei's Final Counter, forgive me)

To keep it, I must destroy it.(This sound weird doesn't it)

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:01 AM)Black Wing Wrote: I have to agree with Deikailo.What she just described is that bladers need to train harder and that the basalt wheel is just another obstical on the course of becoming a strong blader.
Tell that to all the inexperienced bladers who use Basalt.....

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - BillyBlast - Aug. 16, 2011

[/align]If basalt get;s banned we must make sure to speciy Twisted Temp too I was wrong and have seen it it is the same as basalt and some Wise guy blader will say this is twisted not basalt I can still use it we will have to specify that

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - MarcoThePhoenix - Aug. 16, 2011

I'm gonna trqin lie hell to beat basalt I can already beat gravity perseus and hell with galaxy and I can do the same with basalt if I work hard enough

This is what i have to say to all the inexperienced bladers that want the easy way out.Suck it up!!!!!Blading isn't about the easy way out or just always winning.It's about the will to keep going and train and be the best you can be.It's not like you can walk into the whitehouse and become pesident easily.You have to learn the basics there's no easy way out.Watch this video the flasebacks back up my argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELe5TSBQ4NE&feature=autoplay&list=PL0F336C60E80914B5&index=7&playnext=6

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - KyubiBey - Aug. 16, 2011

It seems as Deikailo is making the most sense currently. Beyblade and other competitive sports/ hobbies require TRAINING (hence changing my opinion on Basalt). Yeah. Most people are "scared" to use attacks, making defense bladers more intimidating, but skills are required to master/ overcome defense types (especially Basalt/ Twisted). Blading is something we should actually put effort into, making comfortable combos and techniques. Proves why Kei is #1...

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:26 AM)Black Wing Wrote: This is what i have to say to all the inexperienced bladers that want the easy way out.Suck it up!!!!!Blading isn't about the easy way out or just always winning.It's about the will to keep going and train and be the best you can be.It's not like you can walk into the whitehouse and become president easily.You have to learn the basics there's no easy way out.
Aren't you the same? I know for a fact that your trying to get your hand on Basalt for your Evolution combo. So, you want less people to use Basalt, so you can use it too? That's selfish, dudeUnhappy. How about you use another wheel besides Basalt and if it turns out just as great, then you can say this comment with prideTongue_out_wink

And is that suppose to be a Motivational video?

How bout you stay to yourself instead of getting in my way of what i have to say besides, Basalt gets handed by Vari Ares.This video proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vddipKgiHvQ

Waht video?The Basalt vs Unicorno/Striker AMV/Yes to those bladers that don't believe in themselves.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - The Problem - Aug. 16, 2011

All right what about the have a tourment a say if your allow to use a bsalt wheel or not just dount banne it that a good idea

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - RustyXD - Aug. 16, 2011

Blackwing uncustomized battles mean nothing... I think I am against the banning of basalt because if basalt is gone scythe will start winning heaps of tournaments I think we just need to let the metagame advance. Oh and with the competitive combos thread being filled up with winners using basalt just remediable that some tournaments don't have there winning combos posted there , and it is also winning a lot because so many people use it.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Chaos Blader - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:39 AM)Black Wing Wrote: How bout you stay to yourself instead of getting in my way of what i have to say besides, Basalt gets handed by Vari Ares.This video proves it.

The Beyblades in that video are un-customized. That video proves nothing.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 16, 2011

Isiac, Black Wing - shut up and stop arguing. This is a serious discussion, not a motivational lecture from the anime nor a thread to promote personal gain. You guys are making this discussion look like it is just a trivial vote. Limit your posts to serious points ONLY and not a "yeah, I agree with ____"

black Wing - That video proves absolutely nothing because uncustomized Basalt Horogium 145WD is carp.

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:32 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: It seems as Deikailo is making the most sense currently. Beyblade and other competitive sports/ hobbies require TRAINING (hence changing my opinion on Basalt). Yeah. Most people are "scared" to use attacks, making defense bladers more intimidating, but skills are required to master/ overcome defense types (especially Basalt/ Twisted). Blading is something we should actually put effort into, making comfortable combos and techniques. Proves why Kei is #1...
Kei loves his Basalt and CS based combos, though. He just has that whole #1 intimidation factor, which even I succumb to. Crying

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:39 AM)Black Wing Wrote: How bout you stay to yourself instead of getting in my way of what i have to say besides, Basalt gets handed by Vari Ares.This video proves it.

Waht video?The Basalt vs Unicorno/Striker AMV/Yes to those bladers that don't believe in themselves.
According to what I heard uncustomized beybattles are worthless

And I'm not arguing with him, I'm just pointing out what's wrong with the evidence he is proving to support our side

Got a little carried away.But the video was meant to prove that if you believe in yourself and your bey you can win.(Not saying you'll win all battles).Viewing from Masamune's point of view in that AMV.

Ok.If that's the point I'll try to find battles where carp both beys are customized.

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:40 AM)The Problem Wrote: All right what about the have a tourment a say if your allow to use a bsalt wheel or not just dount banne it that a good idea
I bet this is your fault, just kidding, but seriously do you have the Mercury wheel

Though that you wasn't supposed to kid around in these threads Flame Aries?

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Hazel - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:48 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Got a little carried away.But the video was meant to prove that if you believe in yourself and your bey you can win.(Not saying you'll win all battles).Viewing from Masamune's point of view in that AMV.

Never in my life have I seen something so irrelevant.

Anyway, the general ideology that people can and should improve is sound. However, the reality is that it's not likely to happen on a wide enough scale, it's not practical, and unless something is done about Basalt, this metagame will continue circling the toilet like a seven year old's Dragoon S on a dare.

Five combos that require almost perfect shots doesn't make for a valid counter. The only thing that would bring Basalt into line is something that is:

A: Frequently used
B: Reliable
C: Accessible

Otherwise, nothing is going to scare Basalt into "normal" usage, and it will continue to be 70%+ of the average blader repertoires.

Temporary banning is considerably more simple and logically sound.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - The Problem - Aug. 16, 2011

Flame aries I do not have a murcary wheel

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:54 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:48 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Got a little carried away.But the video was meant to prove that if you believe in yourself and your bey you can win.(Not saying you'll win all battles).Viewing from Masamune's point of view in that AMV.

Never in my life have I seen something so irrelevant.

Anyway, the general ideology that people can and should improve is sound. However, the reality is that it's not likely to happen on a wide enough scale, it's not practical, and unless something is done about Basalt, this metagame will continue circling the toilet like a seven year old's Dragoon S on a dare.

Five combos that require almost perfect shots doesn't make for a valid counter. The only thing that would bring Basalt into line is something that is:

A: Frequently used
B: Reliable
C: Accessible

Otherwise, nothing is going to scare Basalt into "normal" usage, and it will continue to be 70%+ of the average blader repertoires.

Temporary banning is considerably more simple and logically sound.
That's I'm going to try to do more test with The Problem

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Hazel - Aug. 16, 2011

I have a Mercury Anubis 85XF on the way, it'll be here sometime around August 25th or so. I can begin testing then, if someone hasn't already. I have a TT Attack Stadium and I'm picking up some Beylaunchers and grips tomorrow.

(Aug. 16, 2011  5:57 AM)The Problem Wrote: Flame aries I do not have a murcary wheel
Oh God, I'm in trouble. I guess that leaves me with Bakushin
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:58 AM)Hazel Wrote: I have a Mercury Anubis 85XF on the way, it'll be here sometime around August 25th or so. I can begin testing then, if someone hasn't already.
That'd be great....