World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D (/Thread-Product-BB-118-Phantom-Orion-B-D)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Deikailo - Sep. 17, 2011

(Sep. 17, 2011  8:50 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: All I know is a while ago when I made a solo spin time thread I got bombarded by posts saying that they weren't useful. We already have solo spin times so why would we need more? It's not even my opinion it's the general opinion of anyone on the forum who knows anything worth a damn. But you're an advanced member so I will agree just because your lettering is in Italics which must mean you're very knowledgable despite the fact that i've been here much longer than you.
Because everyone learns Beyblade at the same pace and the length of time spent on the WBO determines your status here. Yeah. Okay. Stop being so envious just because Hazel doesn't waste words like we do.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - KCPJ - Sep. 17, 2011

I don't think BGrin will be that big of a problem,sure it has TONS of stamina,but a wheel like Blitz or VariAres should take it out,but thats just my opinion.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Pcyborg - Sep. 18, 2011

With regards to solo spin time, it just shows a portion of a bey's survival potential. Significant, not complete though but still, necessary IMO.

Whether that same survival potential is demonstrated in battle tests its another thing altogether.

Deep down, I'm hoping BGrin actually does what its advertised as and, not just for solo spin time (in battle situations). But seeing that it has bearings, it may take awhile for the bearings to break in. Out of the box, may not necessarily produce desired results.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - LRblader2269 - Sep. 18, 2011

I'm gonna have to save up for this beauty. Now i bet Akiras Daddy has this in stock but i hope its under $30.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - FlashNova - Sep. 18, 2011

(Aug. 09, 2011  5:58 PM)Arctic Wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be banned somewhere along the line. Unless Blitz can somehow take it out?

(Sep. 17, 2011  10:30 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: I don't think BGrin will be that big of a problem,sure it has TONS of stamina,but a wheel like Blitz or VariAres should take it out,but thats just my opinion.

Even though this may have been already mentioned, it also matters how well Phantom Orion can take hits. It's pretty much useless if you have a bey that can spin for like 10 minutes and yet it can be taken out with the worst attack bey.

Update: Hopefully, mine will arrive sometime the week after next week.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - BeybladeStation - Sep. 18, 2011

I found a good shot maker, with a great video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljthJpZ69s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Surely, it is a plain Blitz, but along you can see just how B:D is.

EDIT: Okay, I swear somehow BladeUnicorno had the same link, and same post. :.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Soldier-F3AR - Sep. 18, 2011

I do not know if this has already been posted but the special parts set for Orion and Big Bang Pegasis the one Kai-V was talking about does not come with B:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XyttMYF5Pw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Ultra - Sep. 18, 2011

That has already been posted actually. It's all recycled parts.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - LR Blader - Sep. 18, 2011

will be getting mine on the 23rd Grin can't wait to test it...
but yeah we won't be able to get the results we wanted unless we break in...

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - RowDog - Sep. 18, 2011

The videos I've seen with Phantom Orion B: D have been quite disappointing. I hope it seems better when customised. Then again I probably don't because I use attacks and don't want it to be too good.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Hazel - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  12:35 PM)RowDog Wrote: The videos I've seen with Phantom Orion B: D have been quite disappointing. I hope it seems better when customised. Then again I probably don't because I use attacks and don't want it to be too good.

It's not likely the tip will fare particularly well against attack types, you know. Without a firm enough grip on the stadium like CS/RS/RSF have, it's still very likely to be bounced clean out of time by any one of our hard-hitting high-speed attackers, such as Blitz, Vari, etc.

Defence > Attack > Stamina > Defence is the "default" archetype, and this tip seems to fall into it pretty well.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - RowDog - Sep. 18, 2011

However on other videos I've seen it only just out spinning all the types of tips, attack, defence and stamina. I thought it would have left everything in the dust with the spin times it has gotten. Its spin seems to be really easily affected which isn't much of a good sign.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - LR Blader - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  12:38 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  12:35 PM)RowDog Wrote: The videos I've seen with Phantom Orion B: D have been quite disappointing. I hope it seems better when customised. Then again I probably don't because I use attacks and don't want it to be too good.

It's not likely the tip will fare particularly well against attack types, you know. Without a firm enough grip on the stadium like CS/RS/RSF have, it's still very likely to be bounced clean out of time by any one of our hard-hitting high-speed attackers, such as Blitz, Vari, etc.

Defence > Attack > Stamina > Defence is the "default" archetype, and this tip seems to fall into it pretty well.

i do agree... if you increase the stamina capabilities of a bey/part you's expect lower defense...which most likely what a stamina type does and that is to out spin an opponent and not to fend itself from attack types...

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Hazel - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  12:44 PM)RowDog Wrote: However on other videos I've seen it only just out spinning all the types of tips, attack, defence and stamina. I thought it would have left everything in the dust with the spin times it has gotten. Its spin seems to be really easily affected which isn't much of a good sign.

Do keep in mind that many people posting videos on youtube are not usually skilled Beybladers, let alone people to base assumptions upon.

Let the WBO get ahold of it in large enough numbers and put it through our ringer, before you leap to any conclusions about its performance. I will not personally be testing B:D, but I am certain several advanced members and Beyblading veterans will be very soon.

Stay positive!

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Janstarblast - Sep. 18, 2011

I agree with Hazel.
RowDog- First off, Phantom Orion is uncustomized and we know nothing about its performance, except for its massive solo spin time. We need to know more than this, which we probably don't. Smile
Also, if you realize, every bey's spin time is affected when it makes contact. B: D is no supernatural tip. Tongue_out The Bearing Core as you saw in one of the earlier videos, keeps the top part spinning even after the bottom has stopped. This indicates that the metal wheel should be good enough to make full use of B: D. For some reason, this makes me feel that Phantom isn't that good. I hope I am wrong, though. Hence, we need more info! That's all! Lets hope B: D doesn't fail! Grin

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Hov - Sep. 18, 2011

After watching the video of Phantom from AD, its scary how the metagame will shift into a whole new POV. Confused lets hope that BD is not that over powered.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Relic - Sep. 18, 2011

Well if it actually is,then i'm quite sure it will be banned for WBO Official play.

It does seem like attack types can take it down easily.But as Hazel said,most of them are not skilled and plus,its uncustomized and we really don't know whether Phantom is that good.With that said,we need one of our members here to test it.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Janstarblast - Sep. 18, 2011

@R-Well, its better if we do not speculate about things we do not know... B: D hasn't been tested yet. So we can't yet say that it will rule the meta-game/get banned/etc..
This will just spam this topic, IMO. So its better to stop. Smile

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Fury - Sep. 18, 2011

i will try and get some tests up in like 2-4 days.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Dracomageat - Sep. 18, 2011

___ Basalt B:D will be broken, I'm telling you now. As with past bearing cores, we have already seen that B:D has the ability to provide perfect balance at almost any angle, thus mitigating the balance problems of Basalt while Basalt's weight counters the lack of defense normally present in B:D. The tip itself is WD, a tip not uncommon on existing Basalt combos, even if a worn CS is generally preferred.

Contrary to ®'s claims, there will be no metagame shift, only a stronger Basalt dominating than there is now.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - 12345jacob12345 - Sep. 18, 2011

i cant find the links now but theres videos testing B : D with top tier metal wheels... damn where did they go? oh and am I the only one slighty excited for a metal that can be attached completly upside down? thats pretty crazy... but i looks like burn so yeah...*cough* recoil. *cough*

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - Relic - Sep. 18, 2011

From what i have seen.It seems to have quite a bit of recoil in its "Stamina Mode".

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - FlashNova - Sep. 18, 2011

I read something interesting about the phantom wheel. One of the reasons why phantom has a plastic core is to make the center of the bey light. That means all the weight is focused into the outer part of the wheel, thus "maybe" contributing to phantom's amazing stamina.

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - BeybladeStation - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  6:42 PM)Bladestar20 Wrote: From what i have seen.It seems to have quite a bit of recoil in its "Stamina Mode".
Exactly. I find it weird that it is the "Stamina Mode" that has more recoil, but whatever.

To Dragocmeat, I believe that that would be a tad bit different in MFB with bearing cores..

RE: BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D - TimelessOne - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  8:35 PM)BladeUnicorno Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  7:25 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I found a good shot maker, with a great video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljthJpZ69s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Surely, it is a plain Blitz, but along you can see just how BGrin is.

EDIT: Okay, I swear somehow BladeUnicorno had the same link, and same post. :.
What a conincedence for my second post!Joyful_2 (Just registered yesterday)

I read something interesting about the phantom wheel. One of the reasons why phantom has a plastic core is to make the center of the bey light. That means all the weight is focused into the outer part of the wheel, thus "maybe" contributing to phantom's amazing stamina.

All information in this post is given credit to page below

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Phantom_Orion_B:D

Oh, no, doont trust beyblade wikia. But they might be right in this case though...