World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Weird Facts u know - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Weird Facts u know (/Thread-Weird-Facts-u-know)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

I think that Thomas Jefferson did, but I have to read up on Washington.

RE: Weird Facts u know - theheidtman - Aug. 16, 2011

Well I saw this on My English teacher's board in school today. I'm not sure if it's well known or not...

Way back then, when two people were married, the bride didn't eat the cake, they actually had it thrown at her.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Itachi8 - Aug. 17, 2011

An Octapus dies after there eggs hatch.

RE: Weird Facts u know - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 17, 2011

some jellyfish live virtually forever

IIRC, when they reach the oldest state of their life, they revert back to their juvenile state and start all over

so unless they are killed they don't die. no wonder they are taking over the sea

i have many more facts but i can't remember them all Pinching_eyes_2

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 17, 2011

I think that is due to a mutation in a Jellyfish's genes. While physically, it is the same, some of the DNA's parts, namely the nitrogenous bases, realigns itself, so it is technically different. Technically.

RE: Weird Facts u know - BigBangSoda145 - Aug. 17, 2011

It is illegal to sing the alphabet backwards in the street after midnight inDetroit

RE: Weird Facts u know - WhyD125 - Aug. 18, 2011

George Washington wasn't the first president of the USA. John Hanson was. And there were 6 presidents after John Hanson. George Washington was just the first to be elected under the constitution that the usa follows today.

RE: Weird Facts u know - BigBangSoda145 - Aug. 18, 2011

(Jul. 23, 2011  1:01 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Apparently the number 36 ties in with suffering and uncertain fate. Depending on who you ask.

also if you add all the numbers together 1-36
ex. 1+2+3.....+35+36= you get bad #

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 18, 2011

Six hundred and sixty-six? I'm no superstition person, so I just think it is a coincidence. Think about it: No matter what number was considered "taboo", some combination is bound to reach it, and thus that combination and the number most associated with it would be taboo.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ninja Crab - Aug. 18, 2011

(Aug. 18, 2011  2:24 AM)Temporal Wrote: Six hundred and sixty-six? I'm no superstition person, so I just think it is a coincidence. Think about it: No matter what number was considered "taboo", some combination is bound to reach it, and thus that combination and the number most associated with it would be taboo.

In easy language for peeps like me, all numbers can be bad if u use sum sort of combination

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ninja Crab - Aug. 18, 2011

-Post deleted by me-

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 18, 2011

Nah, it is simply some superstition that people obsessed with finding SOMETHING wrong with our everyday life "noticed"/went through the trouble of finding.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Annoying-Fork - Aug. 18, 2011

I never even said the source was reliable, hence the "depending who you ask" @wesome.

The first time I looked up the numerology for 36 it said it has various meanings, but extensively uncertain.

I guess that post should be edited out?

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 19, 2011

Nah, it is a weird thing to see, though it kinda irks me that people go to such lengths to associate things with a number nobody really cares about anymore. Like the date 6/6/06. People were having their children aborted if the projected birth date was June Sixth, 2006. It's a date that comes ONCE EVERY HUNDRED YEARS, people. It's not going to hurt anyone.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ninja Crab - Aug. 19, 2011

(Aug. 18, 2011  11:48 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I never even said the source was reliable, hence the "depending who you ask" @wesome.

The first time I looked up the numerology for 36 it said it has various meanings, but extensively uncertain.

I guess that post should be edited out?

?????? wat? anyway superstitions are NOT facts!!! I do not want to hear another superstition or i'll start reporting, and i guess ur right CE, i will edit my post because the 6 thing im thinking of is religous ( even though i dont hav a religon )

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 19, 2011

But it is a fact that some believe it, is it not? Barring the idea that some believe it is kind of prejudiced, though I do not like superstitions myself. I can sympathize, being atheist, not undecided, but if someone sees it as a fact, then it is a fact to them, like if you are raised to believe that 2+2=5, then 2+2=5 to you. I could go all philosophical about the matter, but I'll just say kill it. And understand the post. Saying "What?" after a quote proves that you didn't really get it, and as such are in no place to make such remarks, as he blatantly said that superstitions may not be considered facts. Hence the "Extensively Uncertain" or the "Depending who you ask". You can't really allow your personal beliefs to control your reactions, it is unsightly. Take an objective view on everything, and form a thesis from there. Rules to live by.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Tech - Aug. 19, 2011

Fact: Tweety is a boy Tongue_out
Most of your probably knew that though, right?

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ultimate - Aug. 19, 2011

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:14 PM)Technologic Wrote: Fact: Tweety is a boy Tongue_out

Ok..... now I feel seriously stupid. I always thought tweety was a girl!! Chocked_2

Did anyone now Cat Pee glows under black-light!

Then again I don't think i've seen black light.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Synth - Aug. 19, 2011

An email circulated around the world gathering supporters to put "Jedi" or "Jedi Knights" as an official religion

Lol what?

Edit: black light is the light that cash register use to determine fake money

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ninja Crab - Aug. 20, 2011

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:20 PM)Ultimate Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:14 PM)Technologic Wrote: Fact: Tweety is a boy Tongue_out

Ok..... now I feel seriously stupid. I always thought tweety was a girl!! Chocked_2

Did anyone now Cat Pee glows under black-light!

Then again I don't think i've seen black light.

Yes i did know that, though still very intresting....
In 1991 Disney Film Beauty and the Beast, one sign in the forest points to a place called Anaheim. Another sign points down a dark, sinister-looking path to Valencia. Anaheim is actually the site of Disneyland, while the rival Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park is in the city of Valencia....

RE: Weird Facts u know - LionheartSM - Aug. 21, 2011

If you put a T-Bone Steak into a bowl of Coca-Cola it will be gone in two days....

RE: Weird Facts u know - Ninja Crab - Aug. 21, 2011

Ive heard about this, though i never thought it was true....

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 21, 2011

Carbon accelerates dissolution. If you sat in water for ten years, you'd dissolve too.

RE: Weird Facts u know - JBey - Aug. 21, 2011

Oxygen erodes humans, too. So, the same air that is keeping u alive is also in fact killing u :o

RE: Weird Facts u know - Temporal - Aug. 21, 2011

It's not eroding you in general, it erodes the dead skin cells, so it in fact helping you.