World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Weird Facts u know - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Weird Facts u know (/Thread-Weird-Facts-u-know)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Weird Facts u know - Vongola-Hibari - Feb. 22, 2012

(Feb. 12, 2012  10:05 PM)Zeo BlackStar Wrote: when u get decapitated your brain staysalive for 10 minutes

I wonder if your brain is alive then does that mean you're alive and can feel all the pain? Curious here.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Arupaeo - Feb. 22, 2012

Pain is a function of perceiving nerve signals to that effect. Without a body to send these signals, the brain won't receive them.

Your neck might really, really hurt, but you wouldn't feel anything attributable to the parts of your body that are no longer connected to your head.

RE: Weird Facts u know - CrownClown - Feb. 22, 2012

Pinky fingers are shorter than index fingers.
This is the worlds greatest fact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Weird Facts u know - Hazel - Feb. 22, 2012

(Feb. 22, 2012  7:11 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2012  10:05 PM)Zeo BlackStar Wrote: when u get decapitated your brain staysalive for 10 minutes

I wonder if your brain is alive then does that mean you're alive and can feel all the pain? Curious here.

No. Total brain death does take several minutes to occur, but literal death is near instantaneous. You are dead if your brain is so drastically severed from its host without support, and you cannot be brought back from that state at all. You will no longer experience thought beyond the first twelve or so seconds, and emotions and the capacity to feel will expire very shortly after that - which is entirely irrelevant, as the nerve receptors will have died almost instantly anyway.

Your last moments will be a wash of euphoria either way, though. You won't feel anything. When an individual dies, their brain goes into panic mode and floods itself with endorphines.

(Feb. 22, 2012  9:08 PM)CrownClown Wrote: Pinky fingers are shorter than index fingers.
This is the worlds greatest fact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a "weird fact", it's an "anatomical truth".

Now, finger size does have some neat stuff about it, but that's really getting into the wives' tales sections.

RE: Weird Facts u know - 3-Dog - Feb. 22, 2012

Quote:Your last moments will be a wash of euphoria either way, though. You won't feel anything. When an individual dies, their brain goes into panic mode and floods itself with endorphines.

I don't know why but my heart started beating really hard after I read that. That sounds terrifying for some reason.

Black holes have an area around them called the event horizon, once you pass this point not even light itself can leave. The gravitational singularity not only affects light, but it affects time too. For anyone past the event horizon time would seem the same, but for someone outside the area of the event horizon watching, time would stop. So if person A went into the event horizon and was sucked in, person B would still see him floating there forever.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Hazel - Feb. 22, 2012

Actually, it's pretty comforting. I've been dead twice(clinically), and one of the two times(the one I was old enough to remember), it got pretty 70's up in my noggin'. The chemical rush is intended as a defense mechanism, to calm the brain's state of panic - so you're basically flooded with happy.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Annoying-Fork - Feb. 22, 2012

(Feb. 22, 2012  11:50 PM)Zain Wrote:
Quote:Your last moments will be a wash of euphoria either way, though. You won't feel anything. When an individual dies, their brain goes into panic mode and floods itself with endorphines.

I don't know why but my heart started beating really hard after I read that. That sounds terrifying for some reason.

Black holes have an area around them called the event horizon, once you pass this point not even light itself can leave. The gravitational singularity not only affects light, but it affects time too. For anyone past the event horizon time would seem the same, but for someone outside the area of the event horizon watching, time would stop. So if person A went into the event horizon and was sucked in, person B would still see him floating there forever.

Wouldn't you be rhythmically stretched and twisted though? As in no longer being relevant to the stable physical matter or regular time?

RE: Weird Facts u know - Arupaeo - Feb. 23, 2012

Depends on the size of the black hole, its rotation (if any), and the corresponding width/distance of the event horizon.

For a small black hole, you would have to get so close to the black hole that the tidal forces would be so intense that you'd be stretched into atoms before coming close to the event horizon. But for supermassive black holes (like say at the center of most galaxies) you should be able to get the "frozen in time" effect at a distance far enough out to (temporarily) survive the experience.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Uwik - Feb. 23, 2012

(Feb. 22, 2012  11:54 PM)Hazel Wrote: Actually, it's pretty comforting. I've been dead twice(clinically), and one of the two times(the one I was old enough to remember), it got pretty 70's up in my noggin'. The chemical rush is intended as a defense mechanism, to calm the brain's state of panic - so you're basically flooded with happy.

Did you get a peek of what's on the other side? Some people who have experienced clinical deaths or near death experiences seem to have surreal experiences to share, 'light at the end of a tunnel' and what not. Do share.

RE: Weird Facts u know - XXaron - Feb. 23, 2012

The moon is actually slightly shaped like an egg due to the Earth pulling on one side almost constantly, and thus making the molten core pull in that direction.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Annoying-Fork - Feb. 23, 2012

...I guess something like that would account for many theories on how the Earth "ends"?

RE: Weird Facts u know - Hazel - Feb. 23, 2012

(Feb. 23, 2012  7:10 PM)Uwik Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2012  11:54 PM)Hazel Wrote: Actually, it's pretty comforting. I've been dead twice(clinically), and one of the two times(the one I was old enough to remember), it got pretty 70's up in my noggin'. The chemical rush is intended as a defense mechanism, to calm the brain's state of panic - so you're basically flooded with happy.

Did you get a peek of what's on the other side? Some people who have experienced clinical deaths or near death experiences seem to have surreal experiences to share, 'light at the end of a tunnel' and what not. Do share.

Like I said, it was just a euphoric wash - which is actually what most people who see a "light at the end of the tunnel" experience if they live to recount it. The brain begins to hallucinate images of comfort, things that make an individual feel at peace, etc. More instantaneous methods of "death" that involve unconsciousness before technical bodily death often do not allow this phenomena to occur within the memory, but it still happens.

In both of my events, my heart had stopped.

Obviously, this should not be interpreted to be any kind of religious statement(against or for), however... what the dying brain generates to make us more comfortable is in no way related to what happens afterwards.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Synth - Feb. 26, 2012

1.The term, "Carrots improve your vision" is false. They actually maintain your vision. This comes from the British telling the public that, during the WWII, they were shooting down German fighter planes so well at night because of the amount of carrots eaten.
2.An ant will not die falling from high heights. It's roughly equal to the mass of a leaf, so it would more or less drift down, carried by wind.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Zeo Kaien - Feb. 26, 2012

itsnot wierd bu a fact get a 20 dollar bill turn it on the back put it up to your computer screen then look to the left of the 20 dollar bill you will see a face in yellow

RE: Weird Facts u know - Synth - Feb. 26, 2012

Its actually common on all bills, probably.
its a way to make sure there aint no copying it. There also a trick on it:
(I don't know if this will work on any bills, but it did work on pesos bill) flash black light/UV light on your bill, it should show some weird lines on it. another "anti-copying" trick

RE: Weird Facts u know - Goldchain2 - Feb. 26, 2012

A rat can survive longer without water than a camel. Ants never sleep. It takes the suns light about 8 minutes to reach our eyes. If the sun were to explode right now, we would have about the same amount of time before total annihilation. Heart attacks are more likely to happen on Monday than any other day of the week.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Gianmarco.93 - Feb. 26, 2012

(Jan. 30, 2012  1:53 AM)ultimateswiftie Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2012  3:05 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:11 AM)ultimateswiftie Wrote: RANDOM FACT:

Cats and dogs cannot see screens. They hear the sound, but all they see is white where the screen is!
(i.e.: computer, TV, etc.).
Obviously, all hopes of watching movies with my kitty were dashed. Wink

Not true. There is actually quite a lively app market for games for your pets. Check you tube for videos of cats trying to swat mice that appear on an iPad screen.

Really?

Oh, then sorry for spamming this thread... XD
Hmm, I will have to alert my friend who told me about it....

Thank you for telling me!
Here are other weird facts to make up for my misleading other:

1. One of the shortest wars ever lasted was 38 minutes.
2. The earth spins so fast that someone standing at the equator is traveling at about 1000 mph.
3. An average Major League baseball is only used for 6 pitches.
4. In Italy, you can buy fresh pizza from a vending machine.
5. (To match my other cat-themed fact): A 15 year old cat has probably spent 10 years sleeping.

There is no vending machine that sells fresh pizza here in Italy ahah.But there are "pizzerie"(shop which sells pizza) eveywhere,they are just too much ahah

RE: Weird Facts u know - King Loofa - Feb. 29, 2012

the platapus produces blue milk.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Hazel - Feb. 29, 2012

(Feb. 29, 2012  2:29 AM)lawesomeness Wrote: the platapus produces blue milk.

I'd like to see a source for this, because I've never seen or heard anything like it - and a quick google search turns up nothing of the sort.

RE: Weird Facts u know - Arupaeo - Feb. 29, 2012

Yeah, that's not correct...

RE: Weird Facts u know - Clonetos - Feb. 29, 2012

(Feb. 29, 2012  2:29 AM)lawesomeness Wrote: the platapus produces blue milk.

Don't know about that BUT what is certain is that the platypus is the only mammal with a poisonous barb

RE: Weird Facts u know - 3-Dog - Feb. 29, 2012

SPONGEBOB IS REAL, GOO LAGOON EXISTS! Okay, maybe not, but underwater rivers and lakes actually do exist Andrew

RE: Weird Facts u know - Dragoon. - Mar. 01, 2012

Aliens do exist

RE: Weird Facts u know - Lucky-kun - Mar. 11, 2012

Soylent Green is PEOPLE! Gasp

Sorry, couldn't resist...

But back on topic: Apparently, bacterial cells within the human body outnumber actual human cells by about ten to one! Good luck with that hand sanitizer!

RE: Weird Facts u know - SnakeFangsâ„¢ - Mar. 12, 2012

The honey badger is one of the most fearless animal in the world, in the guinness worl records.