World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Vari Ares Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Vari Ares Discussion (/Thread-Vari-Ares-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Dan - Sep. 04, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:05 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: The thing is that CH120, D125, and well, even R145 don't have the "drive" to control VariAres.
.. I'm pretty sure it is the way you are controlling it. It's "drive" is just fine.

Quote:You know what, I'm gonna contact Kei NOW on making:

MF-H VariAres BD145/R145/CH120RF

Into the OFFICIAL Tier List.
OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless I've already proposed much earlier..

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Bluezee - Sep. 04, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:18 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  11:12 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  10:43 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Variares does not need speed. A majority of my KO's have been at low speeds.

This game is not determined based on how one user dictates how a part is to be used.

So you say the last part right after you talk about your (although I find it hard to even follow your results especially after seeing how you launch Blitz so wrong) results and then basically dictate that a part does not need something to work? Seems like contradiction to me.

Either way, I am not concerned about what you think about it really. I was stating a fact that BD145 is not an attacking track and I was simply stating it is not needed and there is no point in using a track that is being foreshadowed by a larger wheel when you can use something better or more versatile like CH120.

Also, it is obvious it works. I never said it didn't. I said it was unnecessary. VariAres is good with the mass the wheel already has. It is that simple. Dan clearly showed that with VariAres CH120RF.
I can't speak for everyone else, but BeybladeStation AND Kei have great results as well. Launching Blitz wrong? Oh please.

Maybe if you understood anything about centrifugal force, you might understand why BD145 is amazing and having it overshadowed by Variares is a good thing and beneficial to this wheel. BD145 is whatever it can be useful for.

What's the point of good when you can have great?

So you just named two people. Want a scooby snack or something? You said yourself that using BD145 against Basalt BD145, which is VERY common these days, sets it back and Vari has a hard time against it. Why even go through all of that when you can use a safer and much more versatile option? That is just pointless.

Also, you do not know what I know about centrifugal force. Don't insult my intelligence just because you are using a less intelligent and less versatile choice. As I said before. BD145 is not an attacking track. It only works for weight or mass if you want to put it that way.

And yes, you are launching Blitz very wrong. Trust me, I am not the only one who says or notices this.

idk but I'll just point out I get better results (when I could test) with CH120 than what OP offers. (except for TH170, which I don't have but I'll assume the same is so, and this is like 20-30% differences.)

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - BeybladeStation - Sep. 04, 2011

Quote:OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless I've already proposed much earlier..
I've seen it in the Advanced Forum, I am suggesting from normal user consent..

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Deikailo - Sep. 04, 2011

Arupaeo and I got 2nd and 3rd with Variares BD145 variants. If it wins in tournaments, then it's cool.

Why would you put an attack up against a defense type? Now that's what's pointless.

Did you want to discuss Variares? Because this is not Blitz discussion, nor is this a flame war. If you can't learn to appreciate BeybladeStation and other member's results because he actually contributed to this thread by posting some, then why bother arguing? Then it's just trolling.

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Arupaeo and I got 2nd and 3rd with Variares BD145 variants. If it wins in tournaments, then it's cool.
True, just pray you never see MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB.
LTS/DC would probably be killed by Vari in right spin so yeah that isn't an issue like Lightning.

Quote:Why would you put an attack up against a defense type? Now that's what's pointless.
Because in a tournament that kind of matchup happens, and you want to win.

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:38 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  11:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Why would you put an attack up against a defense type? Now that's what's pointless.
I wouldn't be so sure, Dan, in the way the MetaGame is currently running.

I've faced a couple defense beys. (in my extremely prestigious record of attendance hahaha)

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Deikailo - Sep. 04, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:38 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  11:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Arupaeo and I got 2nd and 3rd with Variares BD145 variants. If it wins in tournaments, then it's cool.
True, just pray you never see MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB.
LTS/DC would probably be killed by Vari in right spin so yeah that isn't an issue like Lightning.

Quote:Why would you put an attack up against a defense type? Now that's what's pointless.
Most people select Stamina. If you go into a stalling clause with a blader who you know knows how you think, then you'll simply want to select what they would least expect. You make your selection in stalling clause based on versatility, yes, but more importantly, what you think they will use against you. If you've been using attack the entire tournament and you go up against a blader who knows that you use attack, don't use attack.

This is not the show where you use just one combination the entire tournament nor is it always about countering your opponent's blade. This is also about countering your opponent's knowledge as well.

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:44 PM)Dan Wrote: I've faced a couple defense beys. (in my extremely prestigious record of attendance hahaha)
You weren't seriously acting that upon me, and my situation, were you?

Even at that, BD145 DEF vs. VariAresBD145 there is definitely a change throughout course. As far as I know, most people don't reveal their combinations, by using a selection of tracks in tournaments we can all progress through..

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - th!nk - Sep. 04, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:33 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
Quote:OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless I've already proposed much earlier..
I've seen it in the Advanced Forum, I am suggesting from normal user consent..

"Consent"? Kei decides these things after sufficient testing and discussion in the advanced forum. Your "consent" is entirely unnecessary.
If it's being discussed in the advanced forum, there's generally very little need for you to pm Kei about adding it, unless discussion has gone cold (which afaik it hasn't). Honestly, is your ego really so large that you think you have that much sway?

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:49 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  11:44 PM)Dan Wrote: I've faced a couple defense beys. (in my extremely prestigious record of attendance hahaha)
You weren't seriously acting that upon me, and my situation, were you?

... Now you're being paranoid, Dan was simply referring to his own difficulties with attendance. Also, that sentence doesn't really make sense, tbh.

Aaaanyway, as for the current argument: Both BD145 and CH120 seem to be doing fine testing and tourney-wise right? So why argue about "potential" or whatever if it's working fine as is. If it doesn't work against something, testing should be done by a few people to demonstrate that. Otherwise/until then, stfu.

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - BeybladeStation - Sep. 05, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:52 PM)th!nk Wrote: ... Now you're being paranoid, Dan was simply referring to his own difficulties with attendance. Also, that sentence doesn't really make sense, tbh.
Actually, you don't know what he was referring to, it was never something nice at all. It happened... eh, it's off=topic. PM me if you really want to know. I was not so sure, so I asked.

But either way, I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing it.. I think still, you are correct on the variants used for BD145 and CH120.

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - th!nk - Sep. 05, 2011

I am quite sure that's what he was referring to because he moans about his own inability to attend tournaments quite often.

It will be added in time if it's good enough. Sure, he mightn't mind, but it's still unnecessary. Copious amounts of testing generally is what gets stuff on there, so more testing is the best way to go about it.

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2011

Can we all be civilised ...

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Dan - Sep. 05, 2011

(Sep. 04, 2011  11:46 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Most people select Stamina. If you go into a stalling clause with a blader who you know knows how you think, then you'll simply want to select what they would least expect. You make your selection in stalling clause based on versatility, yes, but more importantly, what you think they will use against you. If you've been using attack the entire tournament and you go up against a blader who knows that you use attack, don't use attack.

This is not the show where you use just one combination the entire tournament nor is it always about countering your opponent's blade. This is also about countering your opponent's knowledge as well.

Yeah I agree, I just picking like a combination which does well against everything applicable. (and I'm good with) VariAres CH120RF can fulfill that for me, use whatever can do so for you.

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - pepsikola - Sep. 05, 2011

(Sep. 05, 2011  12:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Can we all be civilized ...

Yeah, I think a few people are being a little bit too aggro on a thread that has almost been dried out, only to be artificially revived by a small argument which should've been through PMs after 2 posts. This should be a thread to discuss Vari Ares and it's combinations, not a thread to flame on one another about certain preferences or misread posts...

Back to the topic: BBS, didn't GB145 also do really well in a few tests? Chups got a 80% win against Basalt BD145 CS.

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2011

"Civilised" is also an acceptable spelling. Thank you for checking before you try to correct me.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/civilised

First off, I KNOW THIS IS OFF-TOPIC, but "Civilized" can also be used as "Civilised"

EDIT: Woah..

Okay, GB145 did bad, it wasn't good. But, it still has potential. Still, nothing near BD145/CH120/R145...

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Deikailo - Sep. 05, 2011

Kai-V's first language is French so her English is fantastic for the frequency she actually uses it outside the WBO from my understanding. Second, you know what she meant so why correct it?

? I clearly EDITED my post...

2 Minutes before even edited...

Anyways, I want to see some tests.. I'm so over obbsessed with H145 I so cannot wait to test it tomorrow!

Anyone mind testing:

MF-H VariAres [RIGHT] BD145RF VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145CS

and

MF-H VariAres [RIGHT] CH120RF VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145CS

and [if you can]

MF-H VariAres [RIGHT] R145RF VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145CS

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Sniper - Sep. 05, 2011

Ok i know its been stated that Variares has too much recoil to be a stealer/equalizer but what if its paired with BD145 there wouldnt be so much of a gap nearly colsing and rounding it off?

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Deikailo - Sep. 05, 2011

It won't spin steal effectively because it's not round and its weight is concentrated on the outside rather than its center.

(Sep. 05, 2011  2:22 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Ok i know its been stated that Variares has too much recoil to be a stealer/equalizer but what if its paired with BD145 there wouldnt be so much of a gap nearly colsing and rounding it off?
The shape is very improper and balance could be considered terrible, the PC Frame sorta ruined it, unfortunately.

EDIT: Beaten, once again..

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Sniper - Sep. 05, 2011

(Sep. 05, 2011  2:33 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It won't spin steal effectively because it's not round and its weight is concentrated on the outside rather than its center.
Thank you
EDIT:haha BBS maybe you'll get the next one XD

RE: Vari Ares Discussion - Chups - Sep. 05, 2011

I am not a big fan of GB145 either. I much prefer 120 as a height. I haven't tried BD145 or H145 but at BeyQuake I used it 3 times and won 2 and loss 1 (Bad launch) with CH120LRF.