World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Posting Test Results. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Posting Test Results. (/Thread-Posting-Test-Results)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Posting Test Results. - Kei - Jun. 12, 2015

(Jun. 12, 2015  2:46 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I have a question; do i post my test results for a combo here or can i just make a new thread in beyblade customization? I spent quite a bit of time testing MF-H Meteo L-drago Assault LW105RF, and i want to post the results ASAP.

You can make a new thread! Just make sure you post it in the appropriate sub-forum for the format it is intended for (which is Limited in this case, I'm guessing?). You don't need to follow any specific formula for the thread outside of how the results themselves are formatted in the OP of this thread, but if you follow something like this for the structure of the thread itself, that would be good: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-H-Genbull-Genbull-BD145RF

RE: Posting Test Results. - Angry Face - Jan. 26, 2016

I don't think this idea's been proposed for a few years, but I think we should increase the minimum number of rounds per test from 20 to 30 for Beyblade Burst.

The last time this was discussed, of which MFB testing was the subject, I recall th!nk or another member saying that upping the minimum number of rounds per test from 20 was unnecessary and would simply make testing take too long. However, as the average Burst BeyBattle lasts for a significantly shorter duration than the average MFB BeyBattle, I don't think 30 rounds is that unreasonable of a request. A mandatory additional 10 rounds would be especially conducive given the often unpredictable nature of Burst.

Plus something Kai-V said several years back about 30 being the lowest number for a sample to be statistically valid has always stuck with me, hence the majority of tests that I've conducted over the years have consisted of 30-round sets. Given the typically concise nature of Burst, IMO, this extension shouldn't even be much of an effort or cause much stress for testers to take up.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Kai-V - Jan. 26, 2016

It is concise but so damn long to fetch the parts from around the room sometimes when they explode damn it hah.

But yes, a statistical minimum is a minimum.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Angry Face - Jan. 26, 2016

(Jan. 26, 2016  2:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is concise but so damn long to fetch the parts from around the room sometimes when they explode damn it hah.

But yes, a statistical minimum is a minimum.

Build a great big wall around your test zone. Make Beyblade great again.

Seriously, though, why not try using a sort of barrier around the stadium or playing in a less expansive room to minimize the effects of the blasts?

RE: Posting Test Results. - Kai-V - Jan. 26, 2016

Hm, apparently I am too rich to have a convenient small room hahah.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Cannon - Jan. 26, 2016

(Jan. 26, 2016  3:12 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Seriously, though, why not try using a sort of barrier around the stadium or playing in a less expansive room to minimize the effects of the blasts?

Who really wants to do that?

I don't think it should be raised – those who want to test 30 rounds can do so on their own terms if they want their results to be deemed more valid. It's quite deterring about the thought of having to do 30 rounds if you want to contribute for a small testing, eg. a suggested combo.

RE: Posting Test Results. - RagerBlade - Jan. 26, 2016

(Jan. 26, 2016  3:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, apparently I am too rich to have a convenient small room hahah.
Time to play Beyblade inside a shower stall lol.

Completely agree with Cannon's post. If it's a highly controversial matter like the Odin conversation going on, then do 30 rounds, but if it's just a small test for a newer combo, then 20 rounds is alright.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Izhkoort - Jan. 26, 2016

(Jan. 26, 2016  4:17 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2016  3:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, apparently I am too rich to have a convenient small room hahah.
Time to play Beyblade inside a shower stall lol.

Completely agree with Cannon's post. If it's a highly controversial matter like the Odin conversation going on, then do 30 rounds, but if it's just a small test for a newer combo, then 20 rounds is alright.

That's not a solution, almost every combo in burst is newer in some way, so then they would be still 20 rounds for any combo Uncertain

Also why someone doesn't do a test of it? testing some combos in 20 and 30 tests and see if the result change significantly or not?

RE: Posting Test Results. - RagerBlade - Jan. 27, 2016

A game changing decision like the ban of Odin Heavy is much more important because it changes the game. If one is just showing off a new combo then they can do 20 and if people are doubting the results than 30 rounds should be requested.

RE: Posting Test Results. - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 30, 2016

can anyone tell me. is it ok to do benchmarking test a day before real testing [testing combo for thread]?

RE: Posting Test Results. - Mitsu - Mar. 30, 2016

(Mar. 30, 2016  8:33 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: can anyone tell me. is it ok to do benchmarking test a day before real testing [testing combo for thread]?

There's nothing really against it, at least I don't think Smile

RE: Posting Test Results. - Kai-V - Mar. 30, 2016

In a sense it is better, because the more you use your muscles, the weaker your attempts are every time, theoretically.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Brisk AquarioHD - Dec. 19, 2016

Pardon me if this isn't necessary to do or it's in the wrong topic but I would like to provide a sheet making the process of testing much easier. As the OP stated, those guidelines are to be followed for proper testing. However, in the process of testing, some might get a little off or confused. I was using the Memo app on my phone to keep track of all the 20 rounds but continuously typing down the names of the tops for each round became tiring, which led to me to a idea of making a Excel sheet for easy testing. It would have everything set up and all you need to input are the names. After, just input results. Let me know if you favor this idea. I'll send in a draft in a couple of days.

RE: Posting Test Results. - Ton Lunk - Jan. 20, 2017

I noticed that Nepstrius/Neptune bursts alot, so I switched the forge disc to D05 and the Perfomance tip to TS01. I tested it against Doomscizor in 5 battles as a quick test run. I got
Doomscizor Got outspun
Nepstrius Bursted
Nepstrius got into the pockets (stadium out)
Doomscizor Bursted
Nepstrius got Outspun.
Nepstrius 40% win rate.
So it is a better custom than the original. It didnt burst much, and it actually did some pretty powerful counterattacks. I prefer this combo then the original.

RE: Posting Test Results. - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jan. 23, 2017

(Jan. 20, 2017  10:43 PM)Ton Lunk Wrote: I noticed that Nepstrius/Neptune bursts alot, so I switched the forge disc to D05 and the Perfomance tip to TS01. I tested it against Doomscizor in 5 battles as a quick test run. I got
Doomscizor Got outspun
Nepstrius Bursted
Nepstrius got into the pockets (stadium out)
Doomscizor Bursted
Nepstrius got Outspun.
Nepstrius 40% win rate.
So it is a better custom than the original. It didnt burst much, and it actually did some pretty powerful counterattacks. I prefer this combo then the original.

If you do more Hasbro burst testings post them here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-Beyblade-Burst-Testings