World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
is this for real? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Introduce-Yourself)
+---- Thread: is this for real? (/Thread-is-this-for-real)

Pages: 1 2

is this for real? - protoman7777 - Mar. 26, 2009

ok so I'm new and when I came across this site I couldnt believe it because I thought beyblades were absoultely DEAD but hopefully I'm wrong. Ok so here is what I want to know are there contests that actually go on like real ones? I dunno I'm just stoked I remember when I started when I was like 10 and I just loved it and everybody was hooked on it and just the show it was awesome good times good time. I also remember watching the final episode of the final season that was a bummer I knew from here it did not look good and everything would go down hill and beyblading would be dead. Even though it was dead I still did it for maybe like a year or so after until I realized it was time for me to grow up and that I was the only person hanging on to these fads like beyblades, digimon, megaman and yu gi oh. From there I discovered skateboarding and now at school I'm this gnarly skater dude and love what I do but lately I have decided to go back to my dorky side a bit and watch old digimon episodes and from there I have been going through all these old fads of mine remembering good times. Anyways I typed in beyblades on youtube cuz I was curious if anything could pop up and surprisingly I found a recent video which advertised this site and now im here lol. I'm 17 now and just want to check I'm not the oldest person here am I? or are there people here my age or older remembering the good old days like me?

RE: is this for real? - Guardian Odin - Mar. 26, 2009

Yeah, of course we remember. You saw my tournament video or Brad's Sliding Shoot video I bet.

There are active competitions going on at this time, yes.

RE: is this for real? - Cailany - Mar. 26, 2009

welcome, and no your not the oldest lol

RE: is this for real? - beerlaojung - Mar. 26, 2009

hey man i just joined a couple days ago and same thing happen to me i board as well etc. haha and im 16

RE: is this for real? - Bey Brad - Mar. 26, 2009

Moving this to Introductions. Welcome!

RE: is this for real? - Lance Perfora - Mar. 26, 2009

Yes Beyblade IS NOT dead though it did go on hiatus did you hear about the new series MFB
Metal Fight Beyblade and no you are not the oldest on here!

In any case welcome to WBO :}

Check out this link for MFB http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Metal_Fight_Beyblade

RE: is this for real? - BlueLink - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome to the WBO!

Your definately want to check the the Metal Fight Beyblades. They are Beyblades with the wheel (the new name for the attack ring) made of metal.

I'm going to order a bunch this weekend when the new round of them comes out! (Storm Pegasis here I come!)

Again welcome!

RE: is this for real? - Aqua - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome to WBO!
Have you heard of MFB?

(Mar. 26, 2009  3:00 AM)Aqua Wrote: Welcome to WBO!
Have you heard of MFB?

jeez read the posts in the thread already

RE: is this for real? - Aqua - Mar. 26, 2009

^^Didn't see that post until after I posted.

RE: is this for real? - Pich - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome to the WBO! Glad you found us. Smile
BTW, I've also got about half my 50 videos (atleast) advertising this site.

Oh, and you are younger than many of our members. The webmaster is 20 and many Committee members are older as well as other members.

RE: is this for real? - Khel - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome; it's staggering to see so many players in the older age bracket; nostalgia is a powerful thing. As the above posters have stated, age is no criteria to enjoy this game (I myself am 19). Hope you enjoy the site and learn lots.

RE: is this for real? - Pich - Mar. 26, 2009

Oh, BTW, where are you from?

RE: is this for real? - Kei - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome to the WBO. Smile

I guess those links on Youtube videos are paying off!

RE: is this for real? - Aikemi - Mar. 26, 2009

Welcome dude! Beyblade is very much alive here and brought back in Japan (Metal Fight Beyblade.) Enjoy your stay Smile

RE: is this for real? - protoman7777 - Mar. 26, 2009

wow this is awesome and there are so many active members haha. I remember a year ago I went to Japan with my school and I secret brought my HMS blade in its case and a launcher and rip cord in hopes that people were still doing it down there turns out I was wrong =(
wow and these new beyblades look awesome looks like they released them and started this rebirth nearly 6 months after I left I'm going again this October so I'll try to pick some up man this is awesome is there a new tv show? if so can anyone show me where I could find the torrents to download them with subs ^^.

(Mar. 26, 2009  5:20 AM)protoman7777 Wrote: wow this is awesome and there are so many active members haha. I remember a year ago I went to Japan with my school and I secret brought my HMS blade in its case and a launcher and rip cord in hopes that people were still doing it down there turns out I was wrong =(

Yeah, Beyblade ended in Japan in 2004. It's back now, though. Grin

ok so anything I should know? like right now I have a TON of beyblades (and no they arnt the fake ones they are all real from hasbro I even have 1 good Japanese one) I also have 3 HMS blades I have dranzer, strata dragoon and driger. I also have the wind up gear ones blast I forgot the name I shall go check but wow I'm stoked I hope I still have my old stadium lying around somewhere haha.
Oh also I have one really good beyblade thats not HMS just the plastic ones that I customized myself I got very far in a tournament I went to I got 3rd place (would have won but at the end of the tournament they required us to use engine gear beyblades and my engine gear blade wasnt very good) basically I found that the smallest heaviest beyblade wins I just used the smallest attack ring smallest weight disk yet heaviest weight disk(yes its an official one not those cheap super heavy big ones) and smallest blade base and it works any new strategies I should know?
Oh I am also from Canada =)

All you need to know is that Metal Fight Beyblade is the new series and that you should focus on those instead of trying to collect older ones.

Also, where in Canada? We have two Canadian events coming up.

(Mar. 26, 2009  5:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: All you need to know is that Metal Fight Beyblade is the new series and that you should focus on those instead of trying to collect older ones.

Also, where in Canada? We have two Canadian events coming up.

Oh no I'm definitely not trying to collect older ones like I said I have tons of those and 1 perfect combination that never loses. I live around the city of Vancouver in British Columbia.

(Mar. 26, 2009  7:07 AM)protoman7777 Wrote: Oh no I'm definitely not trying to collect older ones like I said I have tons of those and 1 perfect combination that never loses. I live around the city of Vancouver in British Columbia.

I'm hosting an event in Vancouver in June!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-VANCOUVER-BEYBLADE-SUMMIT-June-13-2009-British-Columbia-Canada

Please come, I'm struggling to get a decent attendance for it. I live near Nanaimo. Smile

(Mar. 26, 2009  7:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm hosting an event in Vancouver in June!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-VANCOUVER-BEYBLADE-SUMMIT-June-13-2009-British-Columbia-Canada

Please come, I'm struggling to get a decent attendance for it. I live near Nanaimo. Smile

Alright I'm there although..... I'm gonna have to be wearing a disguise I know I sound like I'm selling out but honestly I cant be caught dead at something like this I hope you understand but I will show up.

(Mar. 26, 2009  7:52 AM)protoman7777 Wrote: Alright I'm there although..... I'm gonna have to be wearing a disguise I know I sound like I'm selling out but honestly I cant be caught dead at something like this I hope you understand but I will show up.

:pwn: maybe i'd prefer it if you didn't come

are you worried about being seen at a beyblade event. because if you're seen there it means someone saw you at an anime con, and then you can ask them "well why are you at an anime con you loser"

Oh also will you be selling these new beyblades at the event I would like to get my hands on them so I can study them and be up to date and everything.

(Mar. 26, 2009  7:54 AM)protoman7777 Wrote: Oh also will you be selling these new beyblades at the event I would like to get my hands on them so I can study them and be up to date and everything.

I'll try to get stock.