World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: Australia (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Australia)
+---- Thread: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! (/Thread-Australia-Australian-Members-Check-in)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - DauntlessBlade - Dec. 21, 2016

I'm from Melbourne

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - No 1# blader - Dec. 22, 2016

I live in Perth and only a little bit of people know about beyblade and when I was in Adelaide no one knew about it

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - No 1# blader - Dec. 22, 2016

If there are any tournaments please tell me.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Necrochrome - Jan. 08, 2017

I live in brisbane :( wich is anywhere but sydney

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - TwitchK9 - Feb. 02, 2017

I'm from Adelaide and I've noticed that there are actually quite a few people buying burst products. Its not a crazy number but enough that most stores are starting to stock them. I'm actually going to ask if they can tell me if there's much interest so I can see if it might be possible to organise some sort of event using the different stores to advertise it. Probably won't get very far, especially not until more Hasbro Beyblades are released but its worth a shot.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Beylon - Feb. 02, 2017

(Feb. 02, 2017  11:21 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I'm from Adelaide and I've noticed that there are actually quite a few people buying burst products. Its not a crazy number but enough that most stores are starting to stock them. I'm actually going to ask if they can tell me if there's much interest so I can see if it might be possible to organise some sort of event using the different stores to advertise it. Probably won't get very far, especially not until more Hasbro Beyblades are released but its worth a shot.

It's a good point. I've noticed that while retailers are doing a lackluster job stocking the beys, the beys they do stock sell very quickly. Targeting players by reaching out to them through actual stores is a great idea. Print pamphlet, leave neatly positioned next to the items on the shelf, walk away. Nobody would ever know the difference.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - TwitchK9 - Feb. 03, 2017

(Feb. 02, 2017  11:56 PM)Beylon Wrote: It's a good point. I've noticed that while retailers are doing a lackluster job stocking the beys, the beys they do stock sell very quickly. Targeting players by reaching out to them through actual stores is a great idea. Print pamphlet, leave neatly positioned next to the items on the shelf, walk away. Nobody would ever know the difference.

That would legitimately work. Most employees won't even bother moving them if you make it look like it should be there. It might even be worth just asking permission to do it. Most stores are happy to help the local community most of the time if you go about it the correct way. But either way I'd need help from the WBO to be able to do it properly, as I'd want it to be as legitimate as possible and I don't have access to a computer to do up pamphlet's but I could easily get stuff printed if I had the data files...plus the experience the WBO has with organising and holding events could be what makes not breaks the future of tournaments here so I'd want to do it right. If anyone could help me with information on the best style of tournaments, etc, for the best chances if getting as many full time players as possible, and help with designing pamphlets or just an info sheet that would be put out to attract the attention of bladers in the community. And if there are any bladers from Adelaide pm me and we'll try to organise a meet. I'm syched to get to meet other bladers out in the community and I know its just a matter of time.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Dj endermann - Feb. 03, 2017

Victoria

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - VoltBladeX - Feb. 06, 2017

Guys, I live in Finley, I just moved in Australia a few months ago. I was wondering if somebody could host a Tournament in nearby towns like Albury or Griffith of something. Let me know if you guys also live nearby. It will be great meeting up with you guys Smile

And if could somebody please help me where i could find Beyblade Burst Beys in nearby areas cause im just new here in Australia. I'm a Takara Tomy -kind of guy but unfortunately im stuck with Hasbro here.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - mj9 - Feb. 06, 2017

(Feb. 06, 2017  1:00 AM)VoltBladeX Wrote: And if could somebody please help me where i could find Beyblade Burst Beys in nearby areas cause im just new here in Australia. I'm a Takara Tomy -kind of guy but unfortunately im stuck with Hasbro here.

You can find Beyblade Burst in target and toys r us I'm not sure if any other stores have them yet would you be able to make a sydney tournamnet?

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Beylon - Feb. 06, 2017

(Feb. 06, 2017  1:00 AM)VoltBladeX Wrote: And if could somebody please help me where i could find Beyblade Burst Beys in nearby areas cause im just new here in Australia. I'm a Takara Tomy -kind of guy but unfortunately im stuck with Hasbro here.

The internet. Not aware of anyone in Australia stocking TT beys. Plenty of Aussie ebayers though - and postage from Japan on big stuff like stadiums is often quite reasonable too, with very fast shipping times.

Most toy shops stock Hasbro in limited quanities now.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - TwitchK9 - Feb. 06, 2017

In Adelaide more and more stores are getting stock in. The main thing I'm noticing is that the stores are stocking a fair amount of stadiums (the blue one) w/ single or double packs. I've found Hasbro burst in Big W, Target, Toys r us...and one other that I can't think of right now. But I know that there are other stores going to start (if they haven't already) stocking them soon. Keep in mind they won't be crazy amounts, but most stores that are advertised as sellers will have them on their shelves sooner than later. (I'm not simply saying this because of observations, this is putting two and two together from the information gathered from the different retailers/stores) It does help to find out where in the pecking order the store your visiting sits on their stock, meaning you'll want to find out which store is the first one to release new products from the individual retailers themselves

Well I'm alright with Hasbro. I came to Toys R Us Melbourne a few weeks ago unfortunately i only saw BB Burst Stadium [Blue ones] but no Beys

(Feb. 06, 2017  3:41 AM)mj9 Wrote: You can find Beyblade Burst in target and toys r us I'm not sure if any other stores have them yet would you be able to make a sydney tournamnet?

I don't think I'll be able to go cause, It's too far. We ain't driving 7 hours Lol sorry Maybe next time

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Spinning Bro - Feb. 06, 2017

We're from Sydney and have some friends who may also be interested.

(Feb. 06, 2017  8:47 AM)Spinning Bro Wrote: We're from Sydney and have some friends who may also be interested.

How many are there of you I can get in contact with some old sydney bladers and I'm in contact with someone that used to host WBO tournamnets he's just been busy lately

Anybody know anyone from Adelaide you could connect me with? Really want to try to make Beyblade Burst as big as possible

Beyblade Burst doesn't seem to get that much attention "yet" that being said i'm hoping it will be popular in schools

(Feb. 06, 2017  9:51 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Anybody know anyone from Adelaide you could connect me with? Really want to try to make Beyblade Burst as big as possible

Adelaide never had a big community on here it was sydney and Melbourne that were the big hotspots Brisbane as only ever had one tournamnet and Perth only had like two or three in 2012 I'm pretty sure

=( ahh well...I'll just have to make the first, or save up to travel interstate. I have a brother that lives near Sydney so might have to visit him around tournaments lol

(Feb. 06, 2017  10:30 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: =( ahh well...I'll just have to make the first, or save up to travel interstate. I have a brother that lives near Sydney so might have to visit him around tournaments lol

You know, Adelaide has the most active robot combat scene in the country right now - and they seem to focus on antweight class fights too (very small 150gm robots). Considering they're so active and their members are mostly "beyblade age" you should look them up for easy recruits. Check their youtube - "ARC" or "Adelaide Robotic Combat" or something.

(Feb. 06, 2017  1:11 PM)Beylon Wrote: You know, Adelaide has the most active robot combat scene in the country right now - and they seem to focus on antweight class fights too (very small 150gm robots). Considering they're so active and their members are mostly "beyblade age" you should look them up for easy recruits. Check their youtube - "ARC" or "Adelaide Robotic Combat" or something.

Wow. I did not know that. But it makes sense with our science institutes. Thanks heaps for that. I'll give it a go. ..by beyblade age, what exactly do you mean? I'd like to have some idea of how to approach their community appropriately so I don't cone across rude or too strong

Quite young to new-parent.

RE: [Australia] Australian Members: Check in! - Arindreith - Feb. 21, 2017

I'm in Sydney and might be able to grab one or two of my mates to come to a tournament