World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Scythe Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Scythe Discussion (/Thread-Scythe-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Scythe Discussion - Kai-V - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  3:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  11:19 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well right now this is the best i could do , and i no i only did 15 rounds but thats all i have time for.
Scythe Kronos 230D vs Basalt Kerbecs 230D
Scythe wins 7 (2KO)
Basalt wins 8 (7KO)

CS would be better to prevent KO's but that is the best i can do for now. Scythe would OS basalt by like 7 seconds or so.

Ah, not quite surprising... Basalt is not as good for Stamina, IMO(I know, its top tier, but yeah!)... Great tests. Smile

Eight to seven out of fifteen test reveal nothing at all though. Those results do not mean that "Basalt is not as good for Stamina", because they are actually completely tied. If sixteen battles would have been done, then I am sure that there were very high chances of the results being eight to eight in a draw.

Anyway, we also cannot just conclude that Basalt and Scythe are equal, because when you get so many ties, it would be best to do a final, verifying test with another player, not just with yourself.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Janstarblast - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  4:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  3:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  11:19 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well right now this is the best i could do , and i no i only did 15 rounds but thats all i have time for.
Scythe Kronos 230D vs Basalt Kerbecs 230D
Scythe wins 7 (2KO)
Basalt wins 8 (7KO)

CS would be better to prevent KO's but that is the best i can do for now. Scythe would OS basalt by like 7 seconds or so.

Ah, not quite surprising... Basalt is not as good for Stamina, IMO(I know, its top tier, but yeah!)... Great tests. Smile

Eight to seven out of fifteen test reveal nothing at all though. Those results do not mean that "Basalt is not as good for Stamina", because they are actually completely tied. If sixteen battles would have been done, then I am sure that there were very high chances of the results being eight to eight in a draw.

Anyway, we also cannot just conclude that Basalt and Scythe are equal, because when you get so many ties, it would be best to do a final, verifying test with another player, not just with yourself.

True. Actually, I was referring to his last statement-[copy-paste] Scythe would OS basalt by like 7 seconds or so.[/copy-paste] That's all. Stupid

RE: Scythe Discussion - BeybladeStation - Jun. 29, 2011

I still like it, even if it doesn;t prove too much. I would think, as th!nk said, that TH170's 220 Mode should also be tried.

Thanks, Rusty!

RE: Scythe Discussion - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2011

I think you've misinterpreted me. I meant that 230 vs TH220 isn't a good sub for 230 v 230.

Extra note: the thing with TH170 is you can always come accross MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS, which btw is terrifying, and you'll usually both end up at the same height. As few people, if any, have tow TH170's to test with, 230 v 230 is the best estimation, given it's also very tall. 145 might work too, for 170 mode Uncertain

Hard to explain, because I'm half asleep.

That said, scythe needs testing on TH170, but right now I'm more interested in results for Scythe Kronos BD145EDS vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (With kerbecs oriented so there's a gap between the chains at the start of the staircase).

RE: Scythe Discussion - RustyXD - Jun. 29, 2011

like this Wink
(Jun. 26, 2011  5:03 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well i have some good news check out these results Grin
Scythe Kronos (Stamina) BD145EDS vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Scythe wins 11
Basalt wins 9 (4KO)

The OS for scythe were by about 3-4 seconds and Basalt would OS by either 2-3 seconds or Scythe would scrape and Basalt would win by a while.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Mr. N - Jun. 30, 2011

Just got it today, and played around with it. It's pretty good. Tests results will be up later.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Janstarblast - Jul. 01, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  10:49 PM)RustyXD Wrote: like this Wink
(Jun. 26, 2011  5:03 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well i have some good news check out these results Grin
Scythe wins 11
Basalt wins 9 (4KO)

The OS for scythe were by about 3-4 seconds and Basalt would OS by either 2-3 seconds or Scythe would scrape and Basalt would win by a while.

Well, that seems great! We did need to counter these beys, before testing any further. Seems like its done! Eee
But, these results are neck to neck... So, again as Kai-V said, we can't get a conclusion out of this:\..... Well, brilliant tests though! Joyful_2

RE: Scythe Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 01, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  10:49 PM)RustyXD Wrote: like this Wink
Scythe wins 11
Basalt wins 9 (4KO)

Woah, how did I miss that? I searched and looked and everything.
Well, roughly 50/50 is pretty decent. Not great, but enough for it to be probably viable.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Mr. N - Jul. 01, 2011

I did some 10-round tests last night.

Scythe Kronos T125EDS VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Standard Procedures
Scythe Kronos - 90% (9OS)
Hell Kerbecs - 10% (1OS)

Scythe Kronos AD145WD VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Standard Procedures
Scythe Kronos - 70% (7OS)
Hell Kerbecs - 30% (1KO, 2OS)

Scythe Kronos AD145EDS VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Standard Procedures
Scythe Kronos - 100% (10OS)
Hell Kerbecs - 0%

Scythe is looking great. I'll do some Basalt tests later.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Bleik - Jul. 01, 2011

Rusty XD or someone, can you do testing on Scythe Kronos 85EWD it is great.
I could do it but everyone gets such different results to me.

BD145EWD? EWD scrapes on BD145. EDS is apparently better...

RE: Scythe Discussion - BeybladeStation - Jul. 01, 2011

Wow, I missed that test too. Looks really nice, AD145 and EDS... the next best Stamina parts?

RE: Scythe Discussion - Mr. N - Jul. 01, 2011

@th!nk he said 85, not BD145 unless he changed it

BeybladeStation It still needs to be able to beat Basalt which I'll test in a bit.

He had both listed originally. This is why I should always quote things...

Also, apparently 85 scrapes, and 105 is the lowest you can go without it scraping. Hence, 105WD was tested.

RE: Scythe Discussion - RustyXD - Jul. 01, 2011

Yeah , but 85EDS should work fine due to EDS's height .And th!nk when you said you want scythe tested at TH170 height , anything specific you would want me to do ?

and MR.N it was in stamina mode right?

RE: Scythe Discussion - Mr. N - Jul. 02, 2011

Yes. I tested 85EDS against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD yesterday and it didn't do so well. It was forced into a scrape.

RE: Scythe Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 02, 2011

Meh, don't worry about it for now. It's not really worthwhile til someone has two TH170's (as you can come across Basalt on TH170 now). Maybe MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS vs MF-H Scythe Kerbecs 230CS, as some kind of analog, but eh, not really important.

RE: Scythe Discussion - S.D.C - Jul. 02, 2011

I should be getting a Scythe Kronos when I go oversea's in a few days (it's top of my list) along with a proper TT Attack stadium; FINALLY! I have wanted to test beys for ages but have never had the tools to do so (the price for stadium shipping to Australia is ridiculous). Scythe is looking like it has some potential, but the part that really interests me is EDS, being so tall as stated many times before will benefit beys with tracks like BD145 or other tracks with a wide ridge or protrusions (ED145, but who uses that anyway?). I am considering trying out some combo's with Scythe and 230 myself, but that needs to wait.

ED145 isn't too bad, it's not great, but it's well above 105, both in height and viability. EDS could be interesting with it (though, BD145 will be the main benefactor, methinks).

RE: Scythe Discussion - H8R - Jul. 02, 2011

Alright I got scythe kronos (unboxing on my channel)

time for some tests!!!!!

Scythe Kronos (stamina) BD145EDS VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS:
SK:17 (All OS's)
BK:3 (all OS's)

awesome!

MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145EDS VS Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD
Scythe Kronos - 70% (5KO, 2OS)
Basalt Kerbecs - 30% (3KO)

Basalt's recoil is definitely an issue.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Janstarblast - Jul. 02, 2011

Wow! Those are great results!
Great tests, Mr. N
About gogeta's tests, I am surprised by the amazingly high win rate... Still, I know the reasons well. But, yeah!

I felt like Scythe was getting lucky with the walls or something. Probably just my imagination. Gonna do some Defense tests today.

RE: Scythe Discussion - Sniper - Jul. 02, 2011

I have a question why hasn't anyone tested with the original DS?

Because there are better tips for stamina?