World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+--- Thread: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. (/Thread-Choosing-A-Clear-Wheel-A-Simple-Guide)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Janstarblast - May. 30, 2011

btw, yes, an attack beyblade should have its metal wheel exposed. If you can't fulfill that, your beyblade's attack power will be reduced a lot. Stupid

EDIT- What the hell! Beaten by th!nk. Again!

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - GemiosBlader10 - May. 30, 2011

Thanks Janstarblast and th!nk !

I might PM you th!nk if i have some problem...

Thanks again! Smile

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Nile - Jun. 02, 2011

what bout Pegasis II
anywyay an excellent thread

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 02, 2011

For what? It's aerodynamic and well balanced, but still a little spiky. Seems pretty "meh" to me. Looks nice though :p
Anyway, thanks Grin

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Nile - Jun. 04, 2011

you need to have that bank on time against LLD for it to win other than that it seems quite usefull

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 04, 2011

Huh? What combo are you referring to?

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Mr. N - Jun. 04, 2011

th!nk, I was looking at Vulcan Herculeo today, and I noticed that Herculeo exposed Vulcan's smash points pretty well. Can you verify that?

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Angry Face - Jun. 09, 2011

I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but Vulcan Herculeo seems to look and preform pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASYOLJ-MBis

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Ga' - Jun. 09, 2011

Look at the post above yours...

Although, I guess that video counts as proof.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 09, 2011

(Jun. 04, 2011  8:31 PM)Mr. N Wrote: th!nk, I was looking at Vulcan Herculeo today, and I noticed that Herculeo exposed Vulcan's smash points pretty well. Can you verify that?

(Jun. 09, 2011  8:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but Vulcan Herculeo seems to look and preform pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASYOLJ-MBis

Sorry I missed that Mr. N. Yeah, IMO it does, but not quite as well as the listed wheels (though, probably quite close). On the upside, it looks totally sweet.
That said, I've not really used Vulcan Herculeo all that often, I kinda felt it wasn't hitting as hard, but that's really subjective Uncertain

TBH, ControL_ seemed to know slightly more about that sort of thing than me, I knew a bit, but the rest of it was gleaned from various discussions with him.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Arupaeo - Jun. 09, 2011

(May. 27, 2011  4:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hasbro’s Aquario is the Heaviest CW with the bonus of great weight distribution (basically even the whole way around), Bull, Kerbecs, and Hasbro's "Gasher" are also heavy.

Actually, Hasbro's Aquario is not the heaviest clear wheel, Kerbecs is. The following average weights for clear wheels are from the MFB Weights thread:

Kerbecs: 3.51g
Bull: 3.31g
Aquario: 3.30g
Orso: 3.22g
Cancer: 3.20g

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Mc Frown - Jun. 10, 2011

Sometimes I feel like Plastic hitting your opponent is better than Metal for Attack (like LLD. Clear Wheels can be a lot pointier than Metal Wheels).
So I'm not totally sold on always exposing the contact points as best as possible.
Like, I think I'd rather put Unicorno on Counter than Gemios.

EDIT: And those are the weights for TT.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Hero - Jun. 10, 2011

(Jun. 09, 2011  9:46 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  4:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hasbro’s Aquario is the Heaviest CW with the bonus of great weight distribution (basically even the whole way around), Bull, Kerbecs, and Hasbro's "Gasher" are also heavy.

Actually, Hasbro's Aquario is not the heaviest clear wheel, Kerbecs is. The following average weights for clear wheels are from the MFB Weights thread:

Are you sure that's Hasbro's Aquario? From the exact same thread I find that it can weigh as much as 3.71 grams.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 10, 2011

(Jun. 10, 2011  12:43 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Sometimes I feel like Plastic hitting your opponent is better than Metal for Attack (like LLD. Clear Wheels can be a lot pointier than Metal Wheels).
So I'm not totally sold on always exposing the contact points as best as possible.
Like, I think I'd rather put Unicorno on Counter than Gemios.

EDIT: And those are the weights for TT.

CW's don't get in the way of counter. Having plastic hitting as well as metal is fine, as long as the plastic isn't blocking the metal. In theory, an obstructive cw could help lower recoil on a lighter wheel, as plastic has better shock absorption than metal, however, in an adequate attack wheel like vulcan, you want metal hitting as you don't want to be absorbing shock, you want the maximum force possible to hit your opponent with.

TBH, the only mw's that are really obstructed by cw's are those I've mentioned in the op, namely vulcan and screw, and both of those definitely hit harder/work better when there's no plastic in the way.

(Sidenote: galaxy, midnight and big bang may be affected too, but galaxy's metal impact areas width generally prevents interference, big band has a pc frame anyway, plus width, and midnight, well, I'm yet to find a wheel that doesn't obstruct it in some way, but it's not that useful anyway. Other "legend" wheels may be similar, but I'm not gonna talk about parts I don't have, other than to say they seem pretty bad from testing anyway).

Also, the cw weight stuff is a rough guide, apparently it may not be true for hasbro's legend series. The ideal thing, at least when finding the heaviest cw, is to weigh your own cw's, which I believe I mentioned in the guide. Fwiw, my hasbro aquario is my heaviest cw, my scales aren't very specific, but it's the only one that tips 4g instead of 3 (hasbro orig. bull, legend bull, tt kerbecs x2, etc)

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Arupaeo - Jun. 10, 2011

(Jun. 10, 2011  12:44 AM)Hero Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2011  9:46 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Are you sure that's Hasbro's Aquario? From the exact same thread I find that it can weigh as much as 3.71 grams.

Yes, I'm quite sure.

First, it is important to note the word average. Statistics are wonderful things in that it allows us to take a relatively small number of samples from a population (in this case all of the clear wheels) and make inferences as to the "true" nature of the population - like how much something actually weighs.

The 3.71 gram weight you are referencing (from Aikemi) is something called an outlier - in other words a sample measurement that does not fit with the vast majority of measurements. Jerf kept in the weights from Aikemi for whatever reason, but as you can see from examining the rest of Akemi's weights - they are all wrong (too heavy).

We have an urban legend here at the WBO that states "Hasbro parts are heavier than TakaraTomy or Sonokong parts". This is false. We've gathered the data, and there is no statistically significant difference between the weights of Hasbro parts and TT or SK. The sole exception to this is found in metal wheels - which do vary by mold even within the same manufacturer.

In the end (as th!nk says) the most important thing is to do your own measurements to know the most you can about your own parts. The same goes for testing as well. Until you test a combo with the parts you own using the shoot you use (preferably against someone else), you don't really know how well it performs for you.

But as far as generalized statements about how much things weigh, I stand by my previous post - and the statistical analysis of the data.

Ouch, that was an intellectual beatdown, I personally would've padded that a bit more, because it's an extremely common misconception. Even I only noticed the fact that it was all due to those outliers and that they all belong to one set of weighings, which just happen to be from someone who didn't weight any TT parts.

My guide must be altered to mention this, as I think it's relevant, plus I have some errors, and I think something needs to be done to spread the word about this error.

P.S. Check your PM's in a few minutes.

That said, I do want more weights for Kerbecs before I declare it "heaviest", as my hasbro Aquario is still heavier than my Kerbecs CW's, and my Bulls, which is a bit odd, no?

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Electric - Jun. 10, 2011

Arupaeo, I have no Idea how you're getting that,

My Weights go like this

Aquario > Bull > Kerbecs > Cancer > Orso [And, my Cancer is lighter than Kerbecs only by a gram.]

Probably slight differences from cw to cw, though Kerbecs shouldn't be that heavy, Arupaeo. Try re-weighing it unless something happened.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - NightWolf7919 - Jun. 10, 2011

Just weighed my Aquario: 3.61 grams. Perhaps EVERYONE is an outlier, but these seem to be pretty common results. I'd like to see where you get your statistics from. I'm not trying to disprove your data, Arupaeo, its simply that as far as I've seen(I may be wrong), Hasbro parts are slightly heavier than TT parts.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Mc Frown - Jun. 10, 2011

/agreeingwithnightwolf/

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Hero - Jun. 11, 2011

(Jun. 10, 2011  2:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Yes, I'm quite sure.

First, it is important to note the word average. Statistics are wonderful things in that it allows us to take a relatively small number of samples from a population (in this case all of the clear wheels) and make inferences as to the "true" nature of the population - like how much something actually weighs.

The 3.71 gram weight you are referencing (from Aikemi) is something called an outlier - in other words a sample measurement that does not fit with the vast majority of measurements. Jerf kept in the weights from Aikemi for whatever reason, but as you can see from examining the rest of Akemi's weights - they are all wrong (too heavy).

We have an urban legend here at the WBO that states "Hasbro parts are heavier than TakaraTomy or Sonokong parts". This is false. We've gathered the data, and there is no statistically significant difference between the weights of Hasbro parts and TT or SK. The sole exception to this is found in metal wheels - which do vary by mold even within the same manufacturer.

In the end (as th!nk says) the most important thing is to do your own measurements to know the most you can about your own parts. The same goes for testing as well. Until you test a combo with the parts you own using the shoot you use (preferably against someone else), you don't really know how well it performs for you.

But as far as generalized statements about how much things weigh, I stand by my previous post - and the statistical analysis of the data.

I'm sorry, was this entire post targeted towards me? It really seems so and I'll have to say that I'm not too pleased, rather annoyed actually. I just weighed my Hasbro Aquario at my friends place, "3.6 grams". If that's the case then I must have an outlier too.

You can't really tell me that you got all this evidence from the Weights of MFB thread. Yes, most of the Hasbro Aquarios there weight 3.30 or so, but what about TT Aquario? There doesn't seem to be any on that thread. Please link me to this "data" you have gathered.

I am not trying to be difficult and give you a hard time, I just want to see these facts and learn from them.

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 11, 2011

If you guys could re-weigh Aquario, and a TT CW which we know the weight of (preferably Bull), it would help to be sure it's not mis-calibrated scales causing those weights. Heck, if you have a "standard" weight for scale calibration, it'd be good, but I'll settle for a known-weight CW.

NightWolf7919, he took those statistics from the "Weights of MFB" thread.

Still, I suggest everyone weigh their own parts and use the heaviest they have, though, tbh, 0.3g is a pretty small difference in the overall weight of the beyblade.

By the way McFrown, while you're around, any other thoughts/feedback on the guide. I would highly value your feedback/critique, if you could? Cute

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Uwik - Jun. 11, 2011

Here you go th!nk, for comparisons:

3.48 gr Kerbecs (Sonokong) 1 sample tested
3.36 gr Aquario (Sonokong) 1 sample tested
3.35 gr Kerbecs (TT) 1 sample tested
3.35 gr Bull (TT) 4 samples tested and averaged (The heaviest was 3.37 gr)
3.33 gr Aquario (TT) 2 samples tested and averaged (The heaviest was 3.34 gr)
3.30 gr Bull Legend ver. (Hasbro) 1 sample tested
3.26 gr Orso (Hasbro) 1 sample tested
3.20 gr Aquario Legend ver. (Hasbro) 1 sample tested

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - th!nk - Jun. 11, 2011

Hmmmh. INB4 we decide sonokong is heavier and better Tongue_out

Thanks very much, that's excellent. You may wish to post those in parts weights, but yeah, that's me satisfied. I'll edit the guide tonight or tomorrow to reflect that Smile

RE: Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide. - Callum6939 - Jun. 11, 2011

my TT Kerbecs is 3.6g, also stickers might help the clear wheels weight