World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Random-Thoughts-Parts-Discussion-Thread)

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - TimeOut - May. 07, 2013

That would make sense, any greater chance of a bey exploding during battle because of the additonal pressure on the ar?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - May. 07, 2013

No. Can't you please think a bit about whether your question is obvious before you ask it. They wouldn't make an accessory that would make the beyblade explode and make pieces fly everywhere. That's not safe (although US safety laws seem a bit too strict. And americans are kinda notorious for lawsuits for minor injuries or small hardships)

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - TimeOut - May. 07, 2013

I don't mean explode, I mean more likely to have the ar spin off during battle.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Izhkoort - May. 08, 2013

It's has powerful has some fridge magnets (the good ones)... also, do you think I would use one if it could damage my beyblade? that makes pretty obvious ultra is still right about it

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - TimeOut - May. 12, 2013

I guess that makes sense.

Also, has any testing been done for dranzer gt's ar in spin-stealing?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - May. 13, 2013

Several communities came before this one so it's likely that at some point it was tested. However what makes a good zombie AR are these things:

Round edges for limited recoil and to steal spin
Lining up with wide defence/survivor.

You'd want a small AR while I don't own one to see I think Dranzer GT's ar would go beyond Wide defence/survivor. So based on that I doubt it would be great.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - HannahShepherd - May. 13, 2013

I think plastic beyblade is kid thing, i have seen most of the kids are using these kinds of things now a days, but the experts of the beyblade did not prefer this plastic thing.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - May. 13, 2013

I wouldn't say it's a kids thing. These are older. The plastic series ended around 5 years before the new one even began (this is japan only though but for the US I think it's around the same timescale). Also while beyblade is expensive whichever generation you go into the newest one which is the metal ones are cheaper than the older ones.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - TimeOut - May. 13, 2013

(May. 13, 2013  12:29 AM)Ultra Wrote: Several communities came before this one so it's likely that at some point it was tested. However what makes a good zombie AR are these things:

Round edges for limited recoil and to steal spin
Lining up with wide defence/survivor.

You'd want a small AR while I don't own one to see I think Dranzer GT's ar would go beyond Wide defence/survivor. So based on that I doubt it would be great.

My thought process was that because of how rounded its three sides are, when something makes contact with them it would be fairly successful, I have one so I'll get around to testing it soon, but I was just checking to make sure it hadn't already been done to poor results.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - May. 14, 2013

It has big gaps (both between and in the design of the wings), relatively thick, squared contact points (the angle, like with Driger G's AR, makes up for this for attack but if you aren't attacking they become problematic), and the heads make quite a bit of contact.
Still yes the round edges that it often makes contact with do help a bit, but only enough for it to work okay on a spin-stealing upper attack combo, and even there I prefer Master Dragoon's AR for a number of reasons including slightly better spin steal (though it's still not that great IMO - gaps still too large, still has the heads, etc).

Both Wide Survivor and Wide Defense have very low recoil compared to basically every AR (Gaia Dragoon G's SAR on a decent main AR is comparable against most things, but other than that, nothing really), so they're basically always going to be the desired contact points and anything going past them is usually a bad idea for survival-defense unless it can bring something else significant to the table - something moving towards a combination of types (and even then, I can't really think of any AR's off the top of my head that do that well enough by themselves).

I'm pretty much certain I've posted information like this before, though.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - May. 24, 2013

First impressions with the three new and largely unknown AR's I have (i.e. I had a few minutes in a caffeine-fueled sleepless haze and did a few rounds, nothing solid but enough to get a feel for how much recoil an AR had and how hard it can hit). I used a very heavy 10 Wide (i.e. it's heavier than Wide Defense and I've taken a strong liking to using my two examples of this for attack, certainly doesn't seem to perform any worse and that weight is almost certainly around the edges anyways) and grip base. I'm rusty as heck so I used cross griffon beforehand to get an idea of what a good AR would do, and played against Tiger Defense/10h/Metal Ball Base (4 Balls).
Again, this is not based on a good sample size, it's just me getting a 'feel' for them. Better than nothing, seeing as my 'feels' tend to be reasonably accurate, but don't go answering questions based off it (direct them here so they can read this if you really have to). Only reason I post stuff like this is because otherwise there would be very little at all on these AR's (and very few people are sizing them up for competitive use anyway), but I also do not have the time/interest right now to do anything more than this. Big Note: Don't copy me unless we desperately need info on something.

Penta Wing (Rapid EagleSteve G): Very disappointing, I mentioned it was smaller, less exposed and more inwardly angled than I expected and this was shown in battle, not much recoil but mediocre power. A little upper, perhaps deserves more testing in a straight upper attack combo but I mean, Triple Tiger is a thing so why bother?

Orca Diver: This AR actually hits reasonably hard, but it also suffers from quite a bit of recoil. Needs more investigation on Ariel 2's tip but I don't want to damage mine :c (also if anyone has a sticker sheet or is able to get a decent scan of an immaculately stickered AR, I'd appreciate it! Also full sticker sheets for Rapid Eagle G would be neat, though I haven't actually checked whether or not we have these.)

Corona Saber: At first it did nothing then at the end of the battle it threw the compact out. Has a bit of upper, and some smash, it seems (obviously also a fair bit of recoil). Which is good because I expected disappointment from its shape when I finally got my hands on it. Needs testing on Ariel 2's tip.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - May. 24, 2013

Finally some testing on these parts. Thanks for that.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - V2 - May. 25, 2013

I've read that cross griffon is best combined with SG metal flat 2, while triple wing suits grip base.
Why is it that grip base is an inferior choice for cross griffon?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - May. 25, 2013

(May. 25, 2013  6:35 AM)Seafoam Wrote: I've read that cross griffon is best combined with SG metal flat 2, while triple wing suits grip base.

I vaguely recall saying something along those lines a long long time ago, but Cross Griffon is better on Grip Base. Triple Wing is generally slightly better on SG MF2 if you don't have a weight disk that can control the recoil (wide defense or a 10 wide of roughly equal weight to that, which is very uncommon), but on Grip Base, I think the tip handles it just fine, though if you have trouble with CG's recoil, TW might be worth trying out.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - V2 - May. 25, 2013

(May. 25, 2013  10:52 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 25, 2013  6:35 AM)Seafoam Wrote: I've read that cross griffon is best combined with SG metal flat 2, while triple wing suits grip base.

I vaguely recall saying something along those lines a long long time ago, but Cross Griffon is better on Grip Base. Triple Wing is generally slightly better on SG MF2 if you don't have a weight disk that can control the recoil (wide defense or a 10 wide of roughly equal weight to that, which is very uncommon), but on Grip Base, I think the tip handles it just fine, though if you have trouble with CG's recoil, TW might be worth trying out.

Excellent, thanks th!nk!

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - ShinobuXD - May. 26, 2013

I mentioned this in the Driger F draft, but I thought I'd bring it up here with a video too-
I think Driger F's SG and BB may have some use in LAD customs. When my friend Tranton and I were battling, our combo- AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense(we were using 10 Wide since my brother can't find his Crystal Draciel S atm)
SG: Neo Right Full Auto Clutch Ver.
BB: Full Auto Clutch Base

We were testing against- AR: Scissor Attacker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left SG Bearing Ver. 2
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

Our combo was consistently OSing or tying the defensive zombie. I think, if both beys had Wide Defense, it would have been a complete onslaught.

Here is a video we made showing the combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQ50wyqwKY

As you saw in round three, it was even able to KO the combo, which it also occasionally does. In the beginning of the video, I handspun the combo to show its full uninterrupted LAD as well. It does tie once, but the other two OSs were by quite a few rotations IMO.

However, we didn't use the best survival combo, so it would be great if someone could try this zombie against our combo.
AR: Scissor Attacker/Tiger Defenser/Twin Horn(Takara)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left Double Bearing Core

Use Wide Defense or Wide Survivor, please. You can try both if you want.
EDIT: long post lol

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - May. 28, 2013

What kind of bearing are you using in the Defensive Zombie's SG? From that video, it looks like it's not stealing spin at all (not to mention having next to no LAD). I'll try it myself but I've always had terrible results from FACB in the past.

EDIT: Playing around with that matchup myself now. It does actually work, seems to be destabilizing the defensive zombie, at least if it doesn't destabilize it a lot, the defensive zombie wins. I suspect that this is a weakness on the part of Wolborg 2's SG, especially with a base that doesn't help that weakness. Anyways still trying stuff so I'll edit this again later when I've figured out what's going on.

EDIT 2: Well, I'll be... It does seem to work, even against regular zombies etc. Using BK's SG helps with the KO's a lot (and I suspect if someone could get enough aggression out of WB2's tip, your combo would be in a lot of trouble - using Customize Grip Base causes this to happen a bit), but FACB does have very good LAD - and given I'd actually checked it for that based on the tip surrounds looking like they might, I'm not sure how I missed that, or how I managed to get the square sections to interfere. It's kinda like a safer version of Dranzer S's base - though a lot of people do find avoiding Self KO with FACB difficult. I wonder if BK's base+sg would help a zombie beat it, but I'm too tired to test that atm. Either way, nice find! It's basically another zombie, albeit an aggressive one, along the lines of Dranzer S's base. Dunno if it'd be much more practical in a tournament situation, but yeah.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - ShinobuXD - May. 28, 2013

I used the stock bearing from Wolborg 2.

I've never had an NIB Wolborg 2, but IIRC it came with a shielded one. Anyway, I've updated my post above after trying the combo.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - V2 - May. 28, 2013

Ive never owned either of them myself, but the combo of Dranzer S' Free Shaft SG with Driger F's FAC shaft is reputed to produce an aggressive and fast moving custom.

How does it compare to bases such as Grip Base or SG Metal Flat 2?

I've tried that, actually. It... Was weird - I vaguelly recall it being difficult to make the shaft stay straight. FACB generally struggles with recoil control, too, so Grip Base and SGMF2 are better choices for attack.

(May. 28, 2013  3:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've tried that, actually. It... Was weird - I vaguelly recall it being difficult to make the shaft stay straight. FACB generally struggles with recoil control, too, so Grip Base and SGMF2 are better choices for attack.

Ah thanks for the speedy response.
A shame, I'd wanted Driger F to have at least some top-tier capability since I like the customization options it gives Tongue_out

A BK base was mentioned in one of the drafts, any chance of feedback on:

SG:Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.) - Dranzer S
SG Shaft:Full Auto Clutch Shaft - Driger F
BB:Customize Bearing Base - BK

or is it simply another interesting but not top tier attacker?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - ShinobuXD - May. 28, 2013

I'm pretty sure FAC Shaft has use in the top tier spin stealing upper attack custom:
AR: Upper Dragoon
SG: Left SG Free Shaft Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Shaft

I think BK's base is just a sub in that combo

@Th!nk- That's awesome! Do you think it would be considered top tier?

I just realised I misread your question as being about the SG parts inverted (Dranzer S Shaft in FAC Casings). To correct myself, the two casings are identical in height and internal design, but Driger F's helps prevent the unlikely occurrence of the bases springs popping out, so they're a better choice. Other than that, FACB still struggles with recoil control and the fact free spin doesn't work well with smash attack parts, even if the shaft is fixed for a good portion of the battle, is still a problem (and the gimmick doesn't work well for Upper Attack, either, no full free spin for spin stealing upper and no ability to use an HMC for traditional upper). SonoKong Dranzer S casings can sometimes fix the shaft in place and that used in other bases can make for an okay smash attack setup, but really SGMF2 is a better metal-tipped smash attack base (especially as there's no risk of it suddenly become free spinning mid-tournament).

As for BK's base with that SG setup, the wolborg 2 article discusses a combo like that, and it can be used as a substitute for WB2's base there, but WB2's base has better LAD and is thus a better choice.

(May. 28, 2013  3:34 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I'm pretty sure FAC Shaft has use in the top tier spin stealing upper attack custom:
AR: Upper Dragoon
SG: Left SG Free Shaft Ver. + Full Auto Clutch Shaft

I think BK's base is just a sub in that combo

@Th!nk- That's awesome! Do you think it would be considered top tier?

So much eagerness over a combination's success, haha. Anyways, probably, but I can't say for sure how it would stack up against Spiral Change Base practicality wise. They share a lot of properties (being able to OS zombies with 10 Wide, for example), but SCB likely has better LAD... Would need to test against SCB to really say which is better and whether FACB is worth using, but it probably is (I'm guessing it will win most of the time via KO but the same thing that caused the KO's on the defensive zombie could occur there or something, who really knows). I'll try and work it out if I have time but right now I'm a lot more focussed on HMS, so it might take a while. It is most definitely noteworthy, though.

Thanks very much th!nk, I guess that effectively rules out my purchasing Driger F!

Free spinning bearing combos such as grip defense using SG Bearing Version 2 with Upper Dragoon?