World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Random-Thoughts-Parts-Discussion-Thread)

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Evan - Jul. 21, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  11:36 PM)th!nk Wrote: Zombies were endurance. Compacts are balance. I honestly dunno if we even want to use atk/def/end at all, we can just use upper attack, smash, ohko, compact, zombie, grip based def, weight based def etc etc. It'll be complex, but descriptive.

Galaxy: As we all use the most recent gen now, there's little point noting combo's for older generations. If I understood you correctly Smile

Thinking back, no one really used the standard attack, defense, and endurance names for types. It was all compartmentalized into a more descriptive form of the combo; Upper, Smash, etc

I really, really wish I could help with this stuff but my plastic collection is tiny now Unhappy

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 21, 2011

Yeah, we gotta stop thinking like mfb bladers. Everyone forgets balance these days. It used to be a thing, a thing that rocked.

You still got that metal bitchip?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Evan - Jul. 21, 2011

EDIT;

I never owned it, you are thinking of the other Evan (Guardian_Odin/Anubis). I beat a compact combo of his that used it with an unorthodox "attack" type. It worked in a similar manner as MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF does now.

My Combo
AR: Galzzly
SAR: Gaia Dragoon G
WD: Wide Survivor (Probably should have used Wide Defense, but my Survivor matched the color scheme nicely)
SG: Neo Left Metal Core
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

---

His Combo
*Metal BBA Bit Chip*
AR: Kid Draciel
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball w/ 4 Metal Balls

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 21, 2011

I am half asleep, post fixed now.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Poseidon - Jul. 22, 2011

how about this
attack

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Galaxy - Jul. 22, 2011

I think that a good scheme (after discussions) could be:

Attack Customizations:

Upper Attack
Smash Attack

Defense Customizations:

and so on..
In your opinion Smile ?

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 22, 2011

Personally, I don't think we need the "attack, defense, endurance" categories. They only mean more work deciding how to categorise stuff. As evan said, they were rarely thought of that way in their time, and it's pointless IMO.

Evan: coulda sworn I saw you say he'd traded it to you Confused Hmh.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Janstarblast - Jul. 22, 2011

(Jul. 22, 2011  2:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Personally, I don't think we need the "attack, defense, endurance" categories. They only mean more work deciding what to categorise stuff as. As evan said, they were rarely thought of that way in tgeir time, and it's pointless IMO.
(Jul. 22, 2011  2:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Personally, I don't think we need the "attack, defense, endurance" categories. They only mean more work deciding how to categorise stuff. As evan said, they were rarely thought of that way in their time, and it's pointless IMO.

IMO, it would just make it easier for newbies, th!nk...
You see, instead of going through the whole thread, they'll just have to see the tiers list... Still, as my knowledge about plastics = 0, then I think its pretty useful to me too! (Jan's guide on: How to be selfish Tongue_out)

Yeah, but it'd all be in the op, and all of our "types" have descriptions on beywiki we can link to (I can update them where needed).

(Jul. 22, 2011  2:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Personally, I don't think we need the "attack, defense, endurance" categories. They only mean more work deciding how to categorise stuff. As evan said, they were rarely thought of that way in their time, and it's pointless IMO.

I don't want to go against you,but i don't understand what you want to do xD!
I think because i'm Italian so i don't understand EVERYTHING when you guys write here xD

Why that categories mean more work? Upper is clearly an Attack Customization,no?
Make me an example if you can,please xD!

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, but it'd all be in the op, and all of our "types" have descriptions on beywiki we can link to (I can update them where needed).

Well, that's true!
So in that case, there isn't gonna be any tiers list.
All beywiki articles about types list a few plastic parts which are top tier in that category. So, as you said, beywiki is your best friend if you wanna learn more about beys.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Serotonin - Jul. 22, 2011

Janstarblast has made me think of something; wouldn't it just be better if you focussed your energies on writing more articles on Plastics?

In fact,it was also a my idea!I wrote it some posts ago xD!
Surely first to write a tier list,we need more tests on components and it should be a great occasion to write the articles that BeyWiki doesn't have yet Smile
Then,i suggested to focus our work on a Tier List Smile

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Deikailo - Jul. 22, 2011

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:17 PM)♥ Wrote: Janstarblast has made me think of something; wouldn't it just be better if you focussed your energies on writing more articles on Plastics?
And revising. Some of the stuff on there is inaccurate.

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:17 PM)♥ Wrote: Janstarblast has made me think of something; wouldn't it just be better if you focussed your energies on writing more articles on Plastics?

If WBO is really considering plastics now, then yes, articles of plastics will be extremely helpful(when I was new here, I'd asked Kai-V about beywiki articles on plastics). We do need those, you know. But the problem is, are there enough people who could actually write a whole article for plastics? I mean, being able to write every detail for every part, is quite tough IMO; and even tougher as we have many members who know only about MFB....

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:11 PM)Galaxy Wrote:

I don't want to go against you,but i don't understand what you want to do xD!
I think because i'm Italian so i don't understand EVERYTHING when you guys write here xD

Why that categories mean more work? Upper is clearly an Attack Customization,no?
Make me an example if you can,please xD!

That's fine man Smile

Basically, yeah, but then we have things like compacts, which, while they are balance, are also kinda defence.

Simply, I just don't think the headings "Attack, Defence, Endurance" would do anything worthwhile Smile
True, but this is a simpler way to start that kinda of thing IMO, because writing articles is HARD!

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Deikailo - Jul. 22, 2011

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

If WBO is really considering plastics now, then yes, articles of plastics will be extremely helpful(when I was new here, I'd asked Kai-V about beywiki articles on plastics). We do need those, you know. But the problem is, are there enough people who could actually write a whole article for plastics? I mean, being able to write every detail for every part, is quite tough IMO; and even tougher as we have many members who know only about MFB....
I have like, nearly every plastic part released with the exception of maybe 10.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - Jul. 22, 2011

While that sounds good we want a resource which compares the parts in the types. While I think beywiki is good it doesn't do this. There is no proper way in which beywiki can compare them. Also beywiki articles can take a long time to write properly especially if they require testing since few can do this.

Ultrablader: My thoughts exactly. Let's just focus on the tier list. Do link to a new thread when one of us bothers to make it Tongue_out

(Jul. 22, 2011  3:32 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2011  3:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

I have like, nearly every plastic part released with the exception of maybe 10.

More or less is the same. 100+ Plastics :]

@ th!nk,ok i think i've understood what you want to say but,at this point can't we open more categories?
Attack - and all subcategories
Defense - All subcategories
Endurance - All subcategories

Then, if something can be included in two or more categories,we can open a new category with that name! Is it too difficult in your opinion?
Fo r example,if there's a Compact that we can put in two categories,we will open a category named "Compact",and stop xD!

Okay, fair enough then, well, I've written some small lists for a few categories in a few posts in the last two pages, so yeah, guess we should get started?

(Jul. 22, 2011  4:13 PM)th!nk Wrote: Okay, fair enough then, well, I've written some small lists for a few categories in a few posts in the last two pages, so yeah, guess we should get started?
Well,i think we can talk right here,that's a Thread made to talk about Plastics,without open other Threads!
Then when we will build a final Tier List,i'll write a Thread in Advanced Forum (because i can Eee xD) so it will be visible to all members Smile
What in your opinion guys?

Galaxy, Italicised Italian

Personally, I think it would be better if we had an OP for all of us to refer to while writing/commenting, as it would be easier to organise and contribute. When it's done, you could ask for it to be moved, maybe?

In that case, you'd have to make the thread as you're the only one of us who is Advanced Tongue_out

Ok if there's no problem for mods, i'll open a new Thread named "Building a Tier List for Plastic".
Then i'll put in the OP all informations and links that we can use for discuss as well of our projects,so as you want i'll be able to edit the OP during our considerations.
Then,if for everyone is ok,mods can close this Thread, it will be useless.
Is anyone contrary?

I don't want to close this thread. It serves it's own purpose, that is a general plastics discussion. It is nice to have for discussing interesting plastics stuff, that isn't necessarily top tier. It's only recently it became a tier list discussion.