World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread (/Thread-Plastics-Random-Thoughts-Parts-Discussion-Thread)

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Poseidon - Jul. 21, 2011

Perosnally HMS is to much like MFB (offtopic)
anyway ive geard off a metal butchip is this true . If so has it been given thought

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Ultra - Jul. 21, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  4:28 PM)poseidon Wrote: anyway ive geard off a metal butchip is this true . If so has it been given thought

Yes there is one but it doesn't really need much thought since it's very rare.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Serotonin - Jul. 21, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  4:23 PM)Galaxy Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:13 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: We haven't, except maybe for Cross Griffon in one specific combo so far. Everything I'm writing is based on that.

Other than Driger V2 of course, but as we saw on sunday, beywiki's article on it underrates it heavily.

Jotting down ideas for various categories, from memory, right now, btw.

And I'm only focussing on plastics, don't have any HMS myself Tongue_out

I don't think so at all; yes, I wrote that Driger V2 pretty much swept my group, but the more I think about it, it never really faced anything remotely established as top-tier and when it did, it lost. I think this is definitely what Kai-V is alluding to, and I will add that the customisations on show on Sunday weren't particularly great, at least in the UK, since a lot of people didn't have the necessary parts. The wiki article is a little off with references like "200%", but I don't think there's anything glaringly wrong.

In fact, at my eyes, there's nothing wrong. And personally i'm not talking about the the Driger V2's power or weakness. I'm talking about the fact that THIS is the World BeyBlade Organization,and as BeyBlade Organization it must have complete articles and list of competitives combos of each categories as guide line for this generation and the future generation.
Atm, the most of children plays with MFB,because they don't know nothing about Plastics and HMSs!
They play with MF,because spots in TV talks about them. But we,as community,have the role to say all about our hobby/play!

Of course; I agree with what you're saying. I was just replying to what th!nk mentioned about the Driger V2 article, haha.

All of the Customise Changes I've owned also seems a lot less aggressive than SG Metal Change, so I'd assume that it is actually best to go with Defense against uncustomised Driger V2s.

Metal Bit Chips do exist. It's about 3g heavier than the normal short type Bit Chip, and also fits under the clear plastic overlay like the short type one. Like Ultrablader said however, so few people own it that it's not really worth considering as a viable option.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - snakebite - Jul. 21, 2011

Most children play with MFB because plastics and HMS's are rare and expensive. MFB parts are more readily available and also cheaper, plus their airing the anime. Some people might backtrack to the original series, but the plastics will go on being expensive.

I've literally only ever seen one other member say that they have one.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Galaxy - Jul. 21, 2011

@ <3: I know. I was just saying what i think about my project and because i want to realize it :p ;] . Now,sell me you Metal Bit Chip,haha x*D!

snakebite: not completely true. I pay a rare MF more or less as a rare plastic and here on the forum there're a lot of people like wwqqyang,me,Beyfan,Ultrablader,<3 and so on that sells Plastics for cheap price. You can buy a Wolborg for 15$,and all know that Wolborg is one of the most powerful plastics; now if it's expensive,i really don't know!
I think that children don't play with Plastics because there's not the same enthusiasm that there's for MF in TV!

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - th!nk - Jul. 21, 2011

@<3
Due to the significant upper of the SP+AR of Driger V2, Zombie Defence combo's would be a second choice to weight-based, and then it becomes a stamina battle, which is iffy, but apparently yeah, weight based wins.
Keep in mind that despite that lack of speed it's not only got a very wide attack range, and is an upper attacker, FWIW. That said, as I said earlier, I'm still waiting for mine before I really stand behind my arguments here Tongue_out

Galaxy: Can't say I'm upset the kids aren't all buying plastics, there's only so many out there Tongue_out

I think this could be used as a chance to help the younger members be more interested in plastics. The only reason they aren't anymore is cause there's no tv series airing for the old ones anymore and there's not a complete resource to teach them about it. Also I don't know about anyone else but I was planning to start doing meet ups for plastics after the summer now that i'm home. This would be a great way to get the masses interested in plastics. This could if done often enough evolve into regular plastic tourneys.

(Jul. 21, 2011  4:59 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I think this could be used as a chance to help the younger members be more interested in plastics. The only reason they aren't anymore is cause there's no tv series airing for the old ones anymore and there's not a complete resource to teach them about it. Also I don't know about anyone else but I was planning to start doing meet ups for plastics after the summer now that i'm home. This would be a great way to get the masses interested in plastics. This could if done often enough evolve into regular plastic tourneys.

id come occansionally london is a while a way but.
I triend a new sort of combo out
A small ar and Weight disc and a large BB so like a beyblade base atacker i guess i used it with draciel V2s base with the support part and it wasnt half bad like a weight disc attacker

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Serotonin - Jul. 21, 2011

You can use Upper Attack SPs upside down with a small WD, which is kind of interesting.

My only real gripe about playing Plastics is that a few of them are pretty fragile. This past weekend I've really come to love the series as a whole, but I think their rarity (and not necessarily value, although it's a factor) holds me back.

Yeah but a majority of them are not hard to find. Lots on YJA are also good since you can get quite a lot for not that much. I would be interested in going half and half with you or Blitz for a lot on YJA.

Mmm, I'm terrified of damaging many of mine, but it doesn't stop me, as I can usually replace them. That said, I made sure I won the lot with the second Trygle for a reason Wink

guardian oidn and heart own the metal chips just found out and flame pegasus AR is fairly fun in left spin its got force smash

I think Guardian Odin traded his to Evan, unless he had two.

Flame Pegasis AR is super-cool, I prefer it in Right Spin, it works nicely enough, it's a nice Balance part. Not top tier, but not bad in compact combo's and such. It's one of those parts that's not top tier but is cool enough anyway.
(Jul. 21, 2011  5:24 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Yeah but a majority of them are not hard to find. Lots on YJA are also good since you can get quite a lot for not that much. I would be interested in going half and half with you or Blitz for a lot on YJA.

Wouldn't we all? I just don't know the etiquette with it, and I don't want to end up in a bid war with everyone else here, ahah Tongue_out

If members conversed with each other properly then that would avoid bid wars. Also if members went half and half it would mean we could we could get the beys we want cheaply.

There would be clashes. If I start using Y!JA when I have money again in a few weeks, though, I'll let you guys know.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - KoD PT - Jul. 21, 2011

As far as OHKO goes, I always thought this was the best combo:

AR: Whale Attacker (Seaborg 1)
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Right SG shells, Dranzer S casings with Wolborg 2 shaft
SP: Fin Tector (spikes facing right, so it lines up with the AR)
BB: Customize Bearing Base

Nic came up with this combo and it's amazing. Alternatively, Uriel 2 base in attack mode can be used, but I remember him mentioning WB 2 tip being faster and I think it handles recoil better as well. Either ways, it's definitely better than using metal flat bases in OHKO combos, etc...
The biggest problem of this combo is that the AR breaks so easily. I broke 2 of my PF Whale Attackers using this thing and now I only have one (original Seaborg).

One other thing: The MG WD. It's really hard to find really good info on it. Is it useful? I've seen you mention it before, so I figured I'd get this cleared up while the opportunity is there Tongue_out

I still love Whale Crusher for the pure intimidation factor of pulling out the monster seabeast it is. Plus, it's always been quite effective when I've tried it (I lack truly great defense beys at this moment though, so it's possibly that).

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - KoD PT - Jul. 21, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  6:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: One other thing: The MG WD. It's really hard to find really good info on it. Is it useful? I've seen you mention it before, so I figured I'd get this cleared up while the opportunity is there Tongue_out

It's a nice WD for defense. While it's not as heavy as 10-Heavy (17g compared to 15g), it lines up with ARs like Tiger Defenser along with some bases, while 10-Heavy leaves those exposed, which results in more contact points and extra recoil.
Being covered in plastic also lets it take hits better than other WDs, allowing it to more or less "absorb" attacks. It's not perfectly round, but still roundish enough to work well. I don't have Wide Defense to test against though, but I'm guessing the MG WD would have less recoil.

If you're using a bearing based BB it's probably better to pick Wide Defense though, since the MG WD will affect the NSK bearings.

I've got Wide Survivor, and a Sonokong Wide Defense on the way (a Takara one is one of the few parts I need still, but eh).

I figure the sonokong one, being slightly smaller, might be a better option for attack, as it's only a little smaller and will give better exposure to AR's. Just a guess though.

Thanks for the info, I might look at picking one up at some point.

So are we gonna decide what format to do it in? Are we gonna do it by combos or parts?

I think we decided it by categories, and parts, aside from any parts that require another to work. :\
Eh.

RE: Plastic Parts Discussion - Galaxy - Jul. 21, 2011

Yes,i think it's the better choice.
If is good for all of us,we can start!
I think the better discussion could be made starting for generation: 1st generation,2nd,etc ... until the end,then making a good idea of all,we can start to work!
In your opinion?

Who's gonna make the thread? I have no problem doing it. Also are we gonna have the different types eg Attack, defence and endurance and then split them into the different types? eg upper and smash for attack, weight and grip for defence. Also would zombies be classified as another type like compacts?

Zombies were endurance. Compacts are balance. I honestly dunno if we even want to use atk/def/end at all, we can just use upper attack, smash, ohko, compact, zombie, grip based def, weight based def etc etc. It'll be complex, but descriptive.

Galaxy: As we all use the most recent gen now, there's little point noting combo's for older generations. If I understood you correctly Smile