World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Teams vs. Guilds - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Teams vs. Guilds (/Thread-Teams-vs-Guilds)

Pages: 1 2

Teams vs. Guilds - Deikailo - Apr. 25, 2011

There are many people who are starting "teams", more than usual. However, their lack of immediate and frequent practice makes them more of a guild. Guild is definited as

–noun
an organization of persons with related interests, goals, etc., especially one formed for mutual aid or protection.

Now let's look at the definition of a team:

–noun
a number of persons forming one of the sides in a game or contest: a football team.
a number of persons associated in some joint action: a team of advisers.

I've selected in bold the key difference between the two. A team takes action, as in, more than words. When a team goes past 4 people (because I would say 3 like the show, one as an alternate in case a team member can't make it to the tournament), it gets ridiculous.

Now let's bring up distance. I may not be one to speak since I have teammates in 3 different states, but I have a means of getting to them and they can travel as well. When you get to a point where your teammates are across the country, how do you expect to take any action? At that point, you are a guild because there is nothing to cooperatively act upon.

I'm not sure if there is a topic to discuss the two of them (pros and cons of each) so I've decided to make one.

Key topics would be
- Benefits of teams
- Benefits of guilds
- Why they differ or why you feel they are one in the same

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - ⅰкЯ - Apr. 25, 2011

The term "Clan" is also fairly similar to these two phrases imo.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Callum6939 - Apr. 25, 2011

So techniquly I'm in a guild as the leader wants anyone and fun, but I like competitive groups, with a small team, that's strange/cool.

I wonder how this thread get on

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Ga' - Apr. 26, 2011

A clan is a group of people descended from a common ancestor. Unless everyone is related, whether they practice or not, that term isn't accurate.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - ⅰкЯ - Apr. 26, 2011

Ok, thanks for making that clear. Anybody have a good definition for "Tribe"?

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Chups - Apr. 26, 2011

I have just made my Team "The Swifts" onto the Borderline of Guild. We have 3 Members and soon to be 4.

We have Meet ups at least every 2 Months. We havent had one yet since we just Formed.

Ill post more later I gotta go now.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Deikailo - Apr. 26, 2011

(Apr. 26, 2011  12:03 AM)ⅰкЯ Wrote: Ok, thanks for making that clear. Anybody have a good definition for "Tribe"?
Definition of Tribe

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - BrawlLawl - Apr. 26, 2011

yeah i guess right now my "team" is more like a guild but we just started where called gravity warriors if you wanna join pm me

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Stratus G. - Apr. 26, 2011

This thread is for explaining what the difference between an actual "Team" is compared to a Guild. Which is an excellent topic to bring up.
Please do not clutter this with "If you want to join my ___" nonsense.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - PlayMadeSimple - Apr. 26, 2011

Personally, I don't think there are any foundations holding up these teams anyway. Yeah, maybe a tag at one or two tournaments or a group of friends playing against anther, but these have gotten so far excessive, with all the current battle conferences, meet-ups and training sessions, lol. Truth is, they never even go forward which is perhaps why she brang these up. I think it's a great topic, but once you explain the two and delibrate a little, it all loses its gleam really.

But obviously, if its a guild, it's led by a crazy, sadistic Wigglytuff. If it is a team, its led by any other Mortal. Its common facts...

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Wulfen - Apr. 26, 2011

Actually the term Clan could be used for the definition isn't just what you put

Definition of Clan
1: a: a Celtic group especially in the Scottish Highlands comprising a number of households whose heads
claim descent from a common ancestor

b: a group of people tracing descent from a common ancestor : family

2: a group united by a common interest or common characteristics

A group united by a common intrest in this case the common intrest is beyblade
Actually the term Clan could be used for the definition isn't just what you put

Definition of Clan
1: a: a Celtic group especially in the Scottish Highlands comprising a number of households whose heads

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Cyber Kerberous - Apr. 26, 2011

It's difficult to say for overseas, but here in the UK, people like the idea of a team, but there has yet to be a 'tag team' tourney or one which solely involves teams.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Deikailo - Apr. 26, 2011

(Apr. 26, 2011  6:22 AM)Wulfen Wrote: Actually the term Clan could be used for the definition isn't just what you put

Definition of Clan

Guild is a more commonly used term in the gaming community; clan also implies that you feel as though your teammates are like family, which unless you're constantly communicating with them (doesn't happen here), you're a guild. Play World of Warcraft.

(Apr. 26, 2011  2:01 AM)lol Wrote: Personally, I don't think there are any foundations holding up these teams anyway. Yeah, maybe a tag at one or two tournaments or a group of friends playing against anther, but these have gotten so far excessive, with all the current battle conferences, meet-ups and training sessions, lol. Truth is, they never even go forward which is perhaps why she brang these up. I think it's a great topic, but once you explain the two and delibrate a little, it all loses its gleam really.

But obviously, if its a guild, it's led by a crazy, sadistic Wigglytuff. If it is a team, its led by any other Mortal. Its common facts...
In New York, we have three legitimate teams where we do organize practice sessions and share information with one another.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Jaems1 - Apr. 26, 2011

Hah, I actually learnt the difference between Guild and Team just a few months ago during a lecture; so it feels ironic to see it again here on the WBO (as if it were a test if i was paying attention...)

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - im yo homie bro - Apr. 27, 2011

guilds are way better

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Mr. N - Apr. 27, 2011

(Apr. 27, 2011  1:43 AM)im yo homie bro Wrote: guilds are way better

I'm not saying they're not, but could you explain how?

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Lyra - Apr. 27, 2011

I like Guilds Because they All think alike and know the right choice

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Mr. N - Apr. 27, 2011

(Apr. 27, 2011  3:55 AM)Mr Spy Spy Wrote: I like Guilds Because they All think alike and know the right choice

And teams don't?

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Callum6939 - Apr. 27, 2011

guilds tend to share more interests and goals, but teams tend to be more compeditive, and aim to get higher (which i want to be on a team, but currently im in a guild and the owner will get angry if i left (like last time lol))

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Lyra - Apr. 27, 2011

Teams do just guilds have tons of team work and everyone thinks alike so lets say you start a guild caller The Big Bang Guild everyone would have a big bang pegasis and they would use the same flawless techniques but teams are flopsy and do think alike just not as much

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Kai-V - Apr. 27, 2011

(Apr. 27, 2011  2:58 PM)Mr Spy Spy Wrote: Teams do just guilds hav tons of team work and everyone thinks alike so lets say you start a guild caller The Big Bang Guild everyone would have a big bang pegasis and they would use the same flawless techniques but teams are flopsy and do think alike just not as much

Except that teams have a lot more meaning to exist than a 'guild' who cannot even ever meet up ...

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Deikailo - Apr. 27, 2011

(Apr. 27, 2011  2:58 PM)Mr Spy Spy Wrote: Teams do just guilds hav tons of team work and everyone thinks alike so lets say you start a guild caller The Big Bang Guild everyone would have a big bang pegasis and they would use the same flawless techniques but teams are flopsy and do think alike just not as much
This isn't the show; diversity is the key to victory

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Lyra - Apr. 28, 2011

Kai
you bring up a good point but evenso ill still prefer guilds
dei I know that it isnt the show and diversity isnt the key to victory.It is only one.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Deikailo - Apr. 28, 2011

(Apr. 28, 2011  1:38 AM)Mr Spy Spy Wrote: Kai
you bring up a good point but evenso ill still prefer guilds
dei I know that it isnt the show and diversity isnt the key to victory.It is only one.
This statement contradicts your last statement about playing the same as everyone else.

RE: Teams vs. Guilds - Lyra - Apr. 28, 2011

Nope
In the Guild called the big bang bladers
Everyone would use bigbang pegasis
Everyone would use the same flawless technique
where did I contradict my self?