World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Errors on the wiki ??? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+--- Thread: Errors on the wiki ??? (/Thread-Errors-on-the-wiki)

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Kei - Aug. 18, 2010

(Aug. 17, 2010  6:21 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Personally, I'd say they're negligible. They're just promotional items that I doubt will easily find their way into international hands.

It doesn't matter if they're "negligible". They exist, so they are going to be listed on Beywiki. I have been meaning to add them myself, actually.

(Aug. 17, 2010  6:44 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Looking over the Beywiki articles, I suggest we change specific mentions of weight rank.

EX: Rock is not the second heaviest Wheel anymore. Both Flame and Earth (mold 2) are heavier. So is Gravity, iirc.

Same thing with height rank. 105 is not the third shortest track anymore with the release of 85.

Yes, you can go ahead and do that. You can either remove them entirely, or if it is a particularly low Track, heavy Wheel, etc, you can just say "one of the heaviest/lightest" or "one of the shortest/tallest". However, if it is the heaviest/lightest Wheel, or shortest/tallest Track, then that should be mentioned. If that fact ever changes, it is not difficult to modify one article.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - TheLVJ - Aug. 18, 2010

(Aug. 18, 2010  5:21 AM)Kei Wrote: It doesn't matter if they're "negligible". They exist, so they are going to be listed on Beywiki. I have been meaning to add them myself, actually.
I'm sorry, I meant that in the sense we have yet archive many exclusive prize and promotional beys.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Yassen35 - Aug. 19, 2010

Looking at both the Earth Aquila and Earth Virgo in the beywiki pages, I realized that both the EARTH metal peices have different weights. If anybody knows the correct weight that Harbro would probably release, please write. Thanks!Wink

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Kai-V - Aug. 19, 2010

(Aug. 19, 2010  7:58 AM)Yassen35 Wrote: Looking at both the Earth Aquila and Earth Virgo in the beywiki pages, I realized that both the EARTH metal peices have different weights. If anybody knows the correct weight that Harbro would probably release, please write. Thanks!Wink
The articles are made based on the TAKARA-TOMY products. There are indeed two different molds, which Earth Aquila mainly did not have until Earth Virgo. However I agree, somebody needs to weigh their Hasbro Earth, because the weight could still differ.

But the current weights are not wrong.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Nojo294 - Aug. 20, 2010

"145 is currently the highest track available..." not after 230...

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Aqua - Aug. 20, 2010

(Aug. 20, 2010  7:26 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: "145 is currently the highest track available..." not after 230...

That part will not be released until late November, so that statement is still correct. It will have to be changed once Flame Pyxis 230WD is released though.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - LeonTempest - Aug. 21, 2010

I have noticed that while the wiki contains a vast amount of helpful information, many parts are opinionated. It is the goal of a wiki to share facts, not opinions. here is a quote from the Metal Driger page

This is the reason why this Beyblade is worth getting. The Heavy Metal Core, or HMC abbreviated, weighs 9 grams making it the heaviest core by 3 grams outweighing the MG core. The HMC is mainly used in Compact or Defense combos because of its weight. In the Hasbro version, Metal Driger has been fitted with an Engine Gear.

the part that i have bolded is one of several opinionated statements that i have seen while reading the wiki's articles. This needs to be fixed. Comments?

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Daegor42 - Aug. 21, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  2:37 AM)Leonwind Wrote: the part that i have bolded is one of several opinionated statements that i have seen while reading the wiki's articles. This needs to be fixed. Comments?

That doesn't seem like an opinion. It seems like a statement of fact.

That is an opinion. Someone could argue and say that the attack ring is the best part of the bey and that the attack ring is the reason to get the bey. See my point?

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Daegor42 - Aug. 21, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  2:41 AM)Leonwind Wrote: That is an opinion. Someone could argue and say that the attack ring is the best part of the bey and that the attack ring is the reason to get the bey. See my point?

Seriously?

Yes, they could argue against it, but they would be arguing against a fact. I could argue that the sun goes away at night because the moon is a star killer. That doesn't make the fact that the Earth turns into an opinion.

The only worthwhile part from Metal Driger is the HMC. That is a fact.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Serotonin - Aug. 21, 2010

But it's not, though. With all due respect, a Beyblade wiki is very different from a Zoids one, since we do actually have to write such statements for it to be informative, since the goal is to spread competitive information.

while that may be partialy true, with the way it is worded, it is still in opinion. do i want that HMC? VERY BADLY. Would I buy the bey just for that part? **** ya. Does that need to be said in a wiki? Absolutely not. It just needs some rewording, that is all
(Aug. 21, 2010  2:45 AM)♥ Wrote: But it's not, though. With all due respect, a Beyblade wiki is very different from a Zoids one, since we do actually have to write such statements for it to be informative, since the goal is to spread competitive information.

i did not consider that fact...i forgot there where still bey tourtoments. its been a while since i have been to one of those.

No offense taken ♥! in fact, thanks for explaining that to meJoyful_2

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Daegor42 - Sep. 10, 2010

I know they're just weight disks, and there's really nothing to say about them, but the lack of articles for the HMS weight disks is distressing. Especially since they're already linked in articles. I also couldn't find many pictures where I got a clear look at them. I was really having a hard time identifying the ones I just got.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - LeonTempest - Sep. 11, 2010

I have found a problem with the winder's page

it says in the MFB cayeagory that the new winders are the same length as the old dragon winders (minus one tooth) however i have compared my winders/ripcords to the old winders/ripcords and they are exactly the same length and they clearly dont have 68 teeth

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Kai-V - Sep. 11, 2010

(Sep. 11, 2010  5:33 AM)Leonwind Wrote: I have found a problem with the winder's page

it says in the MFB cayeagory that the new winders are the same length as the old dragon winders (minus one tooth) however i have compared my winders/ripcords to the old winders/ripcords and they are exactly the same length and they clearly dont have 68 teeth
I doubt that article was written without anybody having the winders in front of them ...

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Moss-Da-Boss - Sep. 12, 2010

Due to the fact that Hasbro has changes the weights of the CW's and metal wheels
should I change them eg Bull is lighter than Gasher.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Serotonin - Sep. 12, 2010

We need to document and verify all of the changes first.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - LeonTempest - Sep. 12, 2010

(Sep. 11, 2010  5:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2010  5:33 AM)Leonwind Wrote: I have found a problem with the winder's page

I doubt that article was written without anybody having the winders in front of them ...

you would be surprised. some people assume things or make up random carp on the spot.

heres the deal. if someone has a citation for that info, ill leave it be but if there is no citation, im changing it. when i compared mine, they all had 45 teeth

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Serotonin - Sep. 12, 2010

Just counted my Takara Tomy MFB Winder and it has 68 teeth. The article is referring to Takara Tomy's variant ...

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - LeonTempest - Sep. 12, 2010

why does hasbro have to suck...thanks for the info. should we mention in the article that the hasbro winders are shorter?

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Daegor42 - Sep. 13, 2010

I just updated the Storm Pegasis article and removed all instances of it being top-tier. Someone should check it over to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

EDIT: Also, I"m not sure if we should keep the Balance combo in there. If we do, we should mention its illegality somewhere.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Kei - Sep. 14, 2010

(Sep. 13, 2010  2:35 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I just updated the Storm Pegasis article and removed all instances of it being top-tier. Someone should check it over to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

EDIT: Also, I"m not sure if we should keep the Balance combo in there. If we do, we should mention its illegality somewhere.

Made a few edits myself, including adding a note of Libra's illegality, but what you did seems fine.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Wraith - Sep. 14, 2010

I noticed on a page it was listing different types of Beys and it said:
Mad Cancer
Storm Pegasis
Gay Ray Unicorn
It's been fixed so I can't find the page.

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Sora. - Sep. 18, 2010

Maybe updating the Pegasis, Bull, Leone, and Sagittario articles need to be put on the worklist? Also, the Sea Dragon article picture is a little...

RE: Errors on the wiki ??? - Kai-V - Sep. 18, 2010

I wrote parts for Hasbro's winders and String Launcher in the proper articles so people would stop asking. All the information, such as the difference in the number of teeth, is now on Beywiki.

On that subject, Leonwind, you had written something in the MFB Winder section that did not really make sense to me. I think what I wrote is more correct.