World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
How to straighten a ripcord - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: How to straighten a ripcord (/Thread-How-to-straighten-a-ripcord)

Pages: 1 2

How to straighten a ripcord - DBZForever - Jan. 28, 2009

a straight ripcord makes ur rips smoother and more powerful.

if u already know how to do this or have ur own way please tell me but be respectful plz

boil a LARGE amount of water (preferably on the stove) once its boiling emerge the teeth of ur ripcord completely in the water for about 60-90 seconds then straighten by hand and tape straight let sit for 30 minutes remove tape and WALLA repeat if not straight enough Smile

trust me if done correctly this is the best way I know that works LONG TERM

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Krys - Jan. 28, 2009

That sounds pretty interesting, but isn't it kinda hard to get the tape on?

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - moviegoer15 - Jan. 28, 2009

That could have been presented much better. Try adding pictures, and learn to use caps lock or shift.

Did you already check to see if there was a topic on the subject already?

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - G - Jan. 28, 2009

I think Brad is going to do a video on this for the beybladechannel. You don't need boiling water for this...

moviegoer, if you don't have a link to a thread similar to this you shouldn't ask about rather there's another thread like this.
Though I agree it could have been said better, as long as you can understand it, I think it's fine.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - DBZForever - Jan. 28, 2009

I didnt see one if there already is one sry Uncertain
"G" how do u do it?

Don't worry DBZ, I just searched it and I didn't see another thread similar to this one.

@G: I hope he does make one, I'd like to see how to straighten a ripcord.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - moviegoer15 - Jan. 28, 2009

(Jan. 28, 2009  3:45 AM)DBZForever Wrote: I didnt see one if there already is one sry Uncertain
"G" how do u do it?

At least you tried. And Krys, ive been loving the comments ive been recieving as of late. My question was a personal question. Had it not been I would have shown a link or not said anything at all.

(Jan. 28, 2009  3:50 AM)moviegoer15 Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2009  3:45 AM)DBZForever Wrote: I didnt see one if there already is one sry Uncertain
"G" how do u do it?

At least you tried. And Krys, ive been loving the comments ive been recieving as of late. My question was a personal question. Had it not been I would have shown a link or not said anything at all.

Yeah, but still, you made it sound like you had searched it up and found a similar thread.

I'm also curious in what way you straighten the ripcord, G.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - G - Jan. 28, 2009

"G" how do u do it?

1 cord 2 tubs.
one is warm while the other is cold. you move around the cord in the warm water and pull it straight and hold it. move it to the cold water so it stays firms.

pretty much repeat. it might not be the proper way, but it works for me.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Bey Brad - Jan. 28, 2009

DON'T USE BOILING WATER YOU COULD BURN YOURSELF

Also, we have covered this before:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Winder#Straightening_Winders

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - BeyUK-Espio - Jan. 28, 2009

(Jan. 28, 2009  4:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: DON'T USE BOILING WATER YOU COULD BURN YOURSELF

I've always used water from a kettle, haven't burnt myself yet. This is why you hold the handle of the rip cord...

(Jan. 28, 2009  12:45 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2009  4:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: DON'T USE BOILING WATER YOU COULD BURN YOURSELF

I've always used water from a kettle, haven't burnt myself yet. This is why you hold the handle of the rip cord...

yeah this is a way better idea than using hot water and just leaving it for a few minutes

also what if you want to do a bunch of them at once

It is possible to do that as well. I have no problem holding 5 to 7 ripcords...

In terms of safety this is a better way. But hot water warms the plastic alot faster.

(Jan. 28, 2009  4:28 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: It is possible to do that as well. I have no problem holding 5 to 7 ripcords...

In terms of safety this is a better way. But hot water warms the plastic alot faster.

There is going to be a negligible difference in time between hot water and boiling water, and I'm sure that time will go a lot faster if you're not holding winders in the sink. Wink

(Jan. 28, 2009  4:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is going to be a negligible difference in time between hot water and boiling water, and I'm sure that time will go a lot faster if you're not holding winders in the sink. Wink

Everybody to their own =D.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Tyson1359 - Dec. 12, 2010

Can we just do this with hot water instead of boiling water?

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - DarkFox - Dec. 12, 2010

(Dec. 12, 2010  9:39 AM)Tyson1359 Wrote: Can we just do this with hot water instead of boiling water?

yes but the hotter the better......it loosens the plastic

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Evan - Dec. 12, 2010

(Dec. 12, 2010  9:39 AM)Tyson1359 Wrote: Can we just do this with hot water instead of boiling water?

The way I do it is run the hot water in my sink and fill it up. I throw my winders in for a minute or two and pull them out with a fork or some sort of utensil. I have a cup of water with ice in it sitting next to the sink. I straighten the winders by hand and hold them in place till the plastic starts to harden and dip them in ice water to solidify it. Takes usually 1-2 times per winder to get them straight, and you have to do it every so often because they will go back to being bent from play.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - razer-j - Dec. 12, 2010

you know when ur waiting for the rip cord to get hot just watch one t.v. show i did an now my beyblade is better then ever (>Tired^)

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Evan - Dec. 12, 2010

(Dec. 12, 2010  8:11 PM)razer-j Wrote: you know when ur waiting for the rip cord to get hot just watch one t.v. show i did an now my beyblade is better then ever (>Tired^)

It doesn't take 30 minutes for the plastic to get hot. 5 minutes at the MOST. If you waited that long the water would get cold.
BUMP:

Sorry for the bump but I figured people need a list. This will make it as CLEAR as possible. I will probably do a video after Christmas when I have to straighten all my winders.

Supplies needed:
Winder
Cup Of Ice Water
Sink

1. Get the water running and get it hot
2. Once the water is hot allow it fill up.
3. Once full throw winders in the hot water, allow to sit for 1-3 minutes or until soft.
4. Pull a winder out of the water with a FORK. Do not touch the water or you will get burned.
5. Straighten a winder with your hands quickly and dip the teeth in the ice water.
6. Repeat 4-5 as needed for each winder. You may have to do each winder more than once depending on how bent they are. Hasbro Winders come coiled up very tightly and usually they take 2-3 tries the first time.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - P3rf3ctfatal1ty - Dec. 13, 2010

I saw this on youtube by beybladechannel hope it helps www.youtube.com SRRY if i did something wrong im new and just trying help.

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Evan - Dec. 13, 2010

(Dec. 13, 2010  3:08 AM)P3rf3ctfatal1ty Wrote: I saw this on youtube by beybladechannel hope it helps www.youtube.com SRRY if i did something wrong im new and just trying help.

Hahaha your link confused me! I just saw youtube and was like wtf? That is the Beychannel official video Smile

Akira'sdaddy also posted one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_s9_BXy9Y

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - mesorangerxx - Dec. 13, 2010

Hey I wondered if the hot water weakened the plastic and when u play it a couple of times it breaks in half....jus last week it broke....idk but I got that ripcord 2 months ago and it's TT and idk what could have broke it, maybe it's the process

RE: How to straighten a ripcord - Evan - Dec. 13, 2010

(Dec. 13, 2010  6:55 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: Hey I wondered if the hot water weakened the plastic and when u play it a couple of times it breaks in half....jus last week it broke....idk but I got that ripcord 2 months ago and it's TT and idk what could have broke it, maybe it's the process

Maybe it contributed to the winder breaking, but they do break. Especially the standard TT and Hasbro winders, with the circular grips.