World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 (/Thread-BEYBLADE-S-NOT-DEAD-Anime-North-2008)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Spinster - Oct. 10, 2007

Ahoy folks!

I'm definitely going to need to room with someone. Brad, this will obviously be you if you and Annie aren't getting your own private room. Otherwise, Fleets, I'm lookin' at you, buddy, ha ha ha. Or I could get in touch with Alex again, although that was some crazy room crowding going on this past May!

As far as tourney stuff goes, Brad and I were kicking around an idea of a parts derby at one point, unofficial, but open to bladers who want to participate. Basically, you throw a complete blade (though it doesn't have to be an Out-of-the-Box one, any combination of parts will do, really) into the Ante pool, and the winner takes all. I know I'm definitely down for that. Are others interested as well?

Also? Real Thailand partay, anyone?

Oh, and to answer the passport question, after January 1st, all US citizens will need a passport to enter Canada. This means I REALLY need to get on top of getting mine, as it can take up to 6 months for the paperwork to get filed.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Fleetscut - Oct. 10, 2007

well ive already got 4 people for my room but i may be able to squeeze you in. and like i said one of em isnt too reliable and never ends up showing when he says he will. so ill ask him if he really intends to come this time.

and definatly Real Thailand partay!!!

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Litrid - Oct. 10, 2007

Fleetscut Wrote:well ive already got 4 people for my room but i may be able to squeeze you in. and like i said one of em isnt too reliable and never ends up showing when he says he will. so ill ask him if he really intends to come this time.

and definatly Real Thailand partay!!!

can I join your room too? my parents wouldn't care where I am as long as I call them. and don't worry about beds I'll just bring a sleeping bag and a pillow.....and maybe my Robot Chicken DVDs.

if this is a plastics only tourney whats a good plastic defense beyblade?

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Bey Brad - Oct. 10, 2007

Spinster Wrote:Ahoy folks!

I'm definitely going to need to room with someone. Brad, this will obviously be you if you and Annie aren't getting your own private room. Otherwise, Fleets, I'm lookin' at you, buddy, ha ha ha. Or I could get in touch with Alex again, although that was some crazy room crowding going on this past May!

As far as tourney stuff goes, Brad and I were kicking around an idea of a parts derby at one point, unofficial, but open to bladers who want to participate. Basically, you throw a complete blade (though it doesn't have to be an Out-of-the-Box one, any combination of parts will do, really) into the Ante pool, and the winner takes all. I know I'm definitely down for that. Are others interested as well?

Also? Real Thailand partay, anyone?

Oh, and to answer the passport question, after January 1st, all US citizens will need a passport to enter Canada. This means I REALLY need to get on top of getting mine, as it can take up to 6 months for the paperwork to get filed.

This passport nonsense is completely ridiculous. The paranoia needs to stop. The reason there hasn't been a terrorist attack likely has little to do with these increased security measures. I don't know if anyone here has seen the Bear Tax episode of the Simpsons, but:

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The "Bear Patrol" is working like a charm!
Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: [uncomprehendingly] Thanks, honey.
Lisa: By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Hmm. How does it work?
Lisa: It doesn't work; it's just a stupid rock!
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?
Homer: (pause) Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

Anyway, Spinster, Anne and I are most probably getting our own room. Sorry, but it's to be expected, isn't it? Let's be blunt here: I don't want you guys around while I am trying to engage in sexual intercourse with my ladyfriend. I doubt any of you wants to be around for that, either! Unhappy I do feel kind of bad about it, but we will still hang out all day! If you seriously can't find any roommates, we'll work something out.

I'm still up for the idea of the parts derby. Of course, it has to be private, considering the nature of it. However, does this mean we can only use one Beyblade throughout the duration of the derby?

Also, we should seriously call Real Thailand ahead of time this year.

Litrid Wrote:if this is a plastics only tourney whats a good plastic defense beyblade?

Hi, please ask this in the questions topic or make a topic about it.

sure thing brad sorry.

Nah, regular match rules would apply. Hmm... I see what you mean though, because originally we talked about using the Ante blade AS the blade in the match. I forgot about that part. When I was making that post, I was thinking you'd use another blade for the match, and the ones put into the Ante pool aren't used (kinda lessens the appeal if, by the final round, the parts you're winning are all marred up and busted. Not terribly likely, but the potential's there, particularly if you're using HMS). I was thinking if you get knocked out of the running, you can "buy" your way back in by adding to the kitty, but you'd have to keep doubling your Ante (so the first time you get knocked out, you buy your way back in by throwing another 2 blades into the pool, for a total of 3 blades in the pool. Next time, you have to buy your way back in with 4 blades, for a total of 7 in the pool... you get the picture). If you're really stubborn, but a lousy blader, you can risk losing a LOT of blades, but if you just feel like you had a bad match and can make it up, it might be worth it. Potentially, the champion stands to win a fairly large pool of beyblades. I'd like to work on finalizing a rule set for this before too long, but I imagine it would be ridiculously fun.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - SexyMichael - Oct. 10, 2007

Well, if the beyblade you put up for the tournament prize wasn't the bey you had to use during the tourney, the winner would win a carp load of useless beyblades because nobody would risk any decent parts.

SexyMichael Wrote:Well, if the beyblade you put up for the tournament prize wasn't the bey you had to use during the tourney, the winner would win a carp load of useless beyblades because nobody would risk any decent parts.

I would... I mean, I have confidence in my abilities, but I see where you're coming from. The problem with risking the blades you're competing with is that then the issue of switching out blades to make a combo that will counter your opponent comes into question. I could forsee allowing one to enter with say, 4 or 6 blades, and you compete until you run out, which gives one a larger range of strategy early on, but as the tourney progresses, either widens that range (as parts won could be used in later matches), or limits you (making increasingly difficult decisions about which blade you risk in your next match), depending on how you perform.

Again, nothing is formalized yet, so suggestions are always welcome.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Bey Brad - Oct. 11, 2007

Spinster Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:Well, if the beyblade you put up for the tournament prize wasn't the bey you had to use during the tourney, the winner would win a carp load of useless beyblades because nobody would risk any decent parts.

I would... I mean, I have confidence in my abilities, but I see where you're coming from. The problem with risking the blades you're competing with is that then the issue of switching out blades to make a combo that will counter your opponent comes into question. I could forsee allowing one to enter with say, 4 or 6 blades, and you compete until you run out, which gives one a larger range of strategy early on, but as the tourney progresses, either widens that range (as parts won could be used in later matches), or limits you (making increasingly difficult decisions about which blade you risk in your next match), depending on how you perform.

I think the problem with this is that we're thinking of ourselves. I mean, I have like 12 Wolborg MS, I don't care much if I lose one. However, there are a lot of people here who don't want to risk their best parts.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Elmo - Oct. 11, 2007

Too bad I can't come =/

Maybe 4 years from now Chocked

Oh wait, that's college. 8+ years from now?

How old are you?

I'm 14. I could come, but talking my parents into things is a hassle.

When I ran the first OtC tournament (Tag Beybattle Revolution) I was 14 Smile

Tamer Brad Wrote:When I ran the first OtC tournament (Tag Beybattle Revolution) I was 14 Smile

Nice Smile Thing is, I live in Illinois..............and my parents aren't going to spend $100 or so just so I can meet people and play beyblade.

LOL, it would probably cost a lot more than $100.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - G - Oct. 11, 2007

I'd be able to go for sure if it were $100, but it's like at least $500/$600+ for the plane ticket alone with taxes.

G Wrote:I'd be able to go for sure if it were $100, but it's like at least $500/$600+ for the plane ticket alone with taxes.

Oh yeah =X

G Wrote:I'd be able to go for sure if it were $100, but it's like at least $500/$600+ for the plane ticket alone with taxes.

G

you have to come

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Fleetscut - Oct. 11, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Spinster Wrote:

I think the problem with this is that we're thinking of ourselves. I mean, I have like 12 Wolborg MS, I don't care much if I lose one. However, there are a lot of people here who don't want to risk their best parts.

theres also the people who dont wanna risk thier blades because they dont have many means to get them replaced. there are rarely any blades in stores anymore and those without the option of buying online wouldn't probably want to risk thier parts

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - G - Oct. 11, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:

G

you have to come

Well I'll see if I can... I'll still have a week of school left before I graduate. I can see if my dad could help pay for it as like a graduation gift or something.

Fleetscut Wrote:theres also the people who dont wanna risk thier blades because they dont have many means to get them replaced. there are rarely any blades in stores anymore and those without the option of buying online wouldn't probably want to risk thier parts

Yeah. Unhappy So I don't think it'll work out the way we wanted.

Whatever. We'll all be together drinking, eating and playing Beyblade. Couldn't be better.

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Fleetscut - Oct. 11, 2007

yup. and if we're all staying in the doubletree we can have a beywiki pool party

NO

I HATE POOLS

RE: BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! @ Anime North 2008 - Kei - Oct. 11, 2007

POOOOL PARTY

WOO