World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gundam Models - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Gundam Models (/Thread-Gundam-Models)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 18, 2011

LeonTempest, I feel exactly like you. Once Zoids was discontinued and I finished every episode out there there was nothing left. Then I remembered some awesome plastic models I made for my little 5 year old friends and realised that these were the start of a new passion: GunPla.

Well, havent heard of an OVA starring Unicorn Banshee. The only one it gets an appearance in is one of the later OVA episodes of Gundam Unicorn. (4 and 5)
As for english dubbing... No idea... Bandai Entertainment perhaps???

Anyway, Ill be getting myself a Tamiya Fine Abrasives set (Grits 400, 600 and 1000) over ebay. Hopefully that would help, as our local shops have giant wood sanding sheets... Not good quality plastic sanding sheets. Plus its hard to find single to triple sheets instead of the usual batch of ten sold by stores... Unhappy

RE: Gundam Models - pingasus - Dec. 18, 2011

i would reccomend one of those No Grade 1/144's to start off with, maybe even a High grade kit.
i don't thing you would want to jump into MG/PG right away unless you've had previous experience with snap together plastic models.

it's really personal preference when it comes down to a design of the gundam, i personally perfer Wing Gundam, but thats just me Smile

RE: Gundam Models - bugturtles - Dec. 18, 2011

Home Depot and other home improvement stores sell sandpaper.

Sometimes I wish I used regular sandpaper instead, because there are weird angles my sanding sticks can't really touch.

Wish there was a MG Banshee. I think Banshee looks far cooler than Unicorn.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 19, 2011

(Dec. 18, 2011  10:53 PM)Manicben Wrote: LeonTempest, I feel exactly like you. Once Zoids was discontinued and I finished every episode out there there was nothing left. Then I remembered some awesome plastic models I made for my little 5 year old friends and realised that these were the start of a new passion: GunPla.

Well, havent heard of an OVA starring Unicorn Banshee. The only one it gets an appearance in is one of the later OVA episodes of Gundam Unicorn. (4 and 5)
As for english dubbing... No idea... Bandai Entertainment perhaps???

Anyway, Ill be getting myself a Tamiya Fine Abrasives set (Grits 400, 600 and 1000) over ebay. Hopefully that would help, as our local shops have giant wood sanding sheets... Not good quality plastic sanding sheets. Plus its hard to find single to triple she.ets instead of the usual batch of ten sold by stores... Unhappy

Dont get me wrong, If I see a Zoid on a shelf and a Gundam, and I can only get one, I pick the Zoid no question. But the High End Master Models, Yamato, and Revoltech Zoids are to expensive and I have already cleared out my local suplier's stock of normal kits (imageanime) so until I get so until i get some extra cash on hand, not much of anything for me for a while.
I love the original zoid kits. Gundams lack the motorized magic of a zoid, hence why i havent bought any of the expensive poseable kits for Zoids yet. That is also why I love a Zoid known as Dos Godos; it is powered by a good wind up motor, and has poseability features. it is truely a great revolutionary design. its to bad zoids was cut short after the Rebirth Century line. the concept of Dos Godos would have great with tons of other zoids, old and new.
model kits in general actualy lol

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 19, 2011

Yeah, I still love my good ol' Gojulas, Dimetrodon and those Blox Zoids (Demonhead and Lord Dale), but finding any Zoids around the UK is very hard... I wish I knew about these techniques like sanding and stuff as all my Zoids look terrible as I was young at the time...

bugturtles@ Yeah, I hope they make a MG Banshee too. All Bandai needs to do is reuse most of the Unicorn runners, recolour in black and use the new face parts and famous V-fin. It would be awesome like hell.
I cant wait to get on Gundam UC, as im still on ZZ and I still have Char's Counterattack and whatever there is between them in the UC timeline.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 20, 2011

Lol its Lord Gale, not Lord Dale. Im sorry thats just to funny. Right now im picturing a boring looking man made out of Blox cubes named Dale with an expresionless face haha =)

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 21, 2011

Hm, so it is... Must be my memory slowly fading away... (Goddamn Alzheimers Grin )
Anyway, Zoids is kinda off topic here... Maybe we should make a Zoids thread, just to keep the Gundam thread uncluttered?

Back on track, I finally finished me MS-06S ZAKU II. Woohoo! Now on to the weapons, panel lining and decals...
Aw man, got a long way to go...

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 21, 2011

There is a Zoids topic

Wait, you judt built a Zaku II? SAME! For the holidays, my little brother got me a
HG Char Zaku II, but this is no ordinary kit! My brother was able to pick up the 7-11 variant! =D I built it last night; I really love the kit, but I strongly dislike the axe holder and missile launcher soldier; they are so lose an unreliable. Even so, this is technicaly my 1st HG (I built some of them for my brother, but I havent owned one myself until now.

Question: Should I panel-line my Zaku II from 7-11 in gray or brown? I cant tell fron the box which one i should use. Also, if HG is supposed to be 1/144 scAle, why is Gundam D-Hellcustom, a HG kot, in the 1/100 scale?

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 21, 2011

Oops, didnt realise one existed...

My Char Zaku II kit is an Real Grade kit. Frikin awesome my friend. Ill be uploading vids and pics later.
Im using black for my Zaku, but im not experienced and I only have black...
But I would think brown would go best with the pink. Gray is for white parts and black for anything else I think.

Gundam D-Hell Custom is in the 1/144 scale... I swear it is not 1/100. It may be that it is overly large.
Are you sure it says 1/100 on the box and HG? Better check, cause it should be HG 1/144 Endless Waltz.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 21, 2011

Box says Endless Waltz HG 1/100 Gundam D-Hellcustom. It comes with an unpainted Duo figure and the sythe has one blade, as opposed to Gundam Deathsythe H, which has like 2 i think

where is there pink on my Zaku? lol its white, a brownish maroon red, and then the 711 colors. there are 2 stickers that are a wierd baige pinkish color but they are just a minor sticker. i think brown would look nice with the maroon brown red, but idk. i cant tell from the box what its supposed to have. anyone know?
http://www.toyarena.com/product_info.php/gundam-wing-1100-hell-custom-p-4800

this is the one he has

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 22, 2011

(Dec. 21, 2011  9:52 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: where is there pink on my Zaku?

WTF? Y u hav no Pink!?
Strange, Char Zakus usually are pink/red. Hah, ive never seen the 711 variant, so i wouldnt know anyway...

EDIT: AHA! I see now. Quite cool. I would recommend gray lining on white parts, brown or even black on red. I no haz box or manual, so no can help you. I guess its up to your taste then.

Seems like there is some really weird thing going on with the Wing EW series...
HG 1/100 scales??? Strange, but seems like the truth. Cant explain that my friend.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 22, 2011

What a lovely little oddity then a EW HG! Thanks!

Ya the 711 Zaku has no pink, sorry =( lol.

Just finished panel lining it, and f***. Zaku's MG just broke in 2 places (the scope and the movable handel bar) I can probobly fix the scope, not sure about the bar. FML

Zaku's Axe holder sucks btw; it will never stay atached to the him and the axe always falls off. The missile launcher holder is pretty poorly designed too...

And thats why Real Grade is total epicness.
Isnt yours a HG? or MG? Cause if its an HG, then those faults do kinda make sense, although they shouldnt...
Dude, totally feel sorry about the MG breakage. One of the worst things possible. Now you can only use the bazooka and heat hawk (strange name for an axe...).

Sadly, my axe is just black and grey, no yellow on the blade, which makes me annoyed. A little more colour would do...

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 22, 2011

The 711 Gundams are HG. lol

The axe is unpainted on mine as well. I have the yellow mmarker, but not the purple. I did a very good job panel lining (for me anyway) but I dont think I can ever fix the gun...any recomended glue?

RG is which scale? Are they the really big simplistic ones? And what is AG? (advanced grade/age grade?)

RG is real grade. It is 1/144, but is MG quality. It has a inner frame. Quite cool. No need for paint!
Ill be posting pics soon.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 23, 2011

What are those really big Gundams that are very easy to build? They are like alot of money though.

I will post this here too. Here is what I know so far:

let me just see if I have this all correct:

*NG=No Grade-1/144 (1st release of Gundam kits)
*FG=First Grade-1/144 (NG for Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Astray, Gundam 00)
*HG=High Grade-1/144 (all series)
*HG 1/100=High Grade-1/100 (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, After War Gundam X, and New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing Endless Waltz series)
*NG 1/100=No Grade-1/100 (which series???)
*MG=Master Grade-1/100 (all series)
*PG=Perfect Grade-1/60 (which series???)
*NG 1/60=No Grade-1/60 (which series???)
*AG= Advanced/Age Grade-1/??? (??????????)
*RG=Real Grade-1/144 (which series???)
*Mega Size Model=1/48 (Gundam, Zaku II, Char ZakuII. Gundam AGE-1 Normal)
*SD=Super Deformed Gundam (yay=D)

1/35 scale???
Mega Grade? (same as Mega Size mdoel?)
Small Grade-1/200 (which series???)
1/400???
1/550???
EX???
EX-S???
1:1600/1:1700 ?!?!
HY2M????? (1/6 or 1/12 ????? those may be for display...)
Others (die cast, bootlegs, etc)

What am I missing? What is incorrect?

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 23, 2011

Ha, you forgot

Real-G 1/1 (RX-78-2 Gundam) Lol, so epic man.

The Mega Size models are the big and easy to build ones. They are literally HG, scaled up.
Remember, there are also the HGUC and HGFC lines. (High Grade Universal Century and Future Century)

RG line only has 6 models atm. RX-78-2 Gundam, Zaku II (Char and normal green vers.), Aile Strike, Freedom and FX-550 Skygrasper (Launcher/ Sword pack) (skygrasper to be released in february 2012)
Plus, RG is currently Gundam Original Series and Gundam SEED

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Dec. 23, 2011

Lol you left out the -44 in 1/144. 1/1 probobly wouldnt fit in my room 0_o

lol thanks man =)

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Dec. 23, 2011

1/1 wouldnt fit in our homes put together.
Imagine building a 1/1 scale model with MG sized parts...
It would take decades... Tongue_out

RE: Gundam Models - Jaygrazer - Apr. 05, 2012

Ordered HG Adele from the AGE line Smile Can't wait!!!

RE: Gundam Models - vza004 - Jun. 06, 2012

(Dec. 23, 2011  4:03 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: What are those really big Gundams that are very easy to build? They are like alot of money though.

I will post this here too. Here is what I know so far:

let me just see if I have this all correct:

*NG=No Grade-1/144 (1st release of Gundam kits)
*FG=First Grade-1/144 (NG for Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Astray, Gundam 00)
*HG=High Grade-1/144 (all series)
*HG 1/100=High Grade-1/100 (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, After War Gundam X, and New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing Endless Waltz series)
*NG 1/100=No Grade-1/100 (which series???)
*MG=Master Grade-1/100 (all series)
*PG=Perfect Grade-1/60 (which series???)
*NG 1/60=No Grade-1/60 (which series???)
*AG= Advanced/Age Grade-1/??? (??????????)
*RG=Real Grade-1/144 (which series???)
*Mega Size Model=1/48 (Gundam, Zaku II, Char ZakuII. Gundam AGE-1 Normal)
*SD=Super Deformed Gundam (yay=D)

1/35 scale???
Mega Grade? (same as Mega Size mdoel?)
Small Grade-1/200 (which series???)
1/400???
1/550???
EX???
EX-S???
1:1600/1:1700 ?!?!
HY2M????? (1/6 or 1/12 ????? those may be for display...)
Others (die cast, bootlegs, etc)

What am I missing? What is incorrect?

AG is just Advanced Grade. It was only revealed when Gundam AGE came out. It could be an AGE exclusive but AG graded kits are used for an Gundam arcade game so that may be change in the future to other Gundam series.
Mega Size Model is a 1/48 scale.
1/35 has no Grade title.
EX Models are more detailed kits but it is not exclusive to Gundam kits. Other kits from different anime also comes in the EX kits as well. The scales are 1/100, 1/144, 1/1600, 1/1700.
EX-S grade kit does not exist. You're just confusing it for the 1/100 MG MSA-0011(Ext) Ex-S Gundam.
There's also the resin kit. Though not in grade, they are usually conversion kits for the MG series. These resin kits are release by B-Club which is legalized by Bandai unlike bootlegs like TT Hongli.

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jun. 09, 2012

Might I mention that the 1/35 scale kits include the UC hardgraph series, containing large kits like the Core Fighter from Mobile Suit Gundam, the Main Battle Tank used in MS IGLOO, and others from the UC timeline.

Ha, started on my RG RX-78-2 Gundam. Fun but time consuming...
Ill probably get more HG and SD kits. Still need to perfect my techniques and stuff in preparation for getting a MG, probably the RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam.

Stepping away from the usual Bandai models, anyone heard of the MSG line from Kotobukiya (the guys who make Zoids)? Its like a support system for existing mecha model kits, like extra hands, dioramas, etc.
I recently bought a TT Hongli rip off the MSG Mechanical Chain Base sets 01-06, called "Machine Nest".
Anyone heard of this?

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jun. 09, 2012

Correct, Kotobukiya is the company that produces the High-End Master Model (HMM) line for Zoids. They are basicly the sole factor keeping the franchise alive and well, and the reason Takara-TOMY finally decided recently that Zoids was strong enough again to start a new model-kit line by TOMYTEC, a well known division of TT that plans to inovate and revolutionjze classic Zoids kits come 2013...

Sorry, Zoid-gasm...oh that's right, Gundams...

I have, and I hear nothing but positive things from people who have bought them before, especially for those interested in customizing kits. A Zoids forum I frequent does a customization contest annually for prizes and stuff (it is actually going on right now) and alot of the best customizers who participate use the MSG kits on their customs. I have seen alot of other custom kits from other hobby lines (like Gundam) utilize these parts as custom parts, and the result is freakin' amazing. Even the fake ones are always good to have; while it may not be so good for Koto, customizers don't feel bad about chopping up, gluing and abusing cheap material to use as a new gun or armor set, especially when that fake is cheaper than the original. Hell, I myself am taking some fake beyblade parts and plan on strapping it onto a custom of my own

Thanks to you all for the help with the Gundam line names. I have a much better understanding of it all now Grin

My bro and I picked up a few new Gundam kits over the last few months; some built, half built, and still in the box...if only we had more time on our hands lately...

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jun. 11, 2012

Ha, time... If only we had more to spend on model kits...
Well, when the time comes I'll be buying some spray paints and testing them out on some HG kits I plan to buy in the near future. Might even salvage my old Zoids kits and try spray painting them to see how they would look on plastic before going onto my Gundams. Wow, my Zoids, being the Gojulas, Dimetrodon, Lord Gale, Demonshead and the Caterpillar one probably look teriible compared to the Gundams I've made... They've all got nub marks everywhere, as I was young and oblivious to the modelling world back then. Grin

Anyway, back to the main topic, who has had experience with Gundam markers from Mr. Hobby before?
I hear there are a megaload of them. Apparently there are the normal ones, which come in ultra thin panel lining, painting, brush panel lining and weathering types. So what on Earth are the real touch markers?
Any help?

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jun. 11, 2012

Molga is the catepillar; that thing is such a boss...

For some reason, with Zoids more than any thing other model kit, when Zoids are built bad, they really look terrible, like more than if any other model kit was built bad, haha

Forget about more time...I would rather have more money and more space for the kits in the 1st place =(

I have had a generally good experience with the thing Gundam markers. Just learn to have a steady hand, but be careful with the thickness of your lines; a decent wipe-away effect is almost impossible with Gundam markers, unfortunately.

Sorry, dont know much of anything about these real touch ones...