World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bey Brad - Aug. 17, 2015

(Aug. 17, 2015  8:11 PM)LMAO Wrote: It was a joke battle between my brother and I, we were trying to replicate tornado battlers, he used Storm Pegasis 230HF/S.

Seems disingenuous to post as a "winning combination" then :p

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Aug. 31, 2015

Sway the Night Away - 8/16/15
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Zero-G Format

1st: @[U wot m8]
Genbull Genbull B:D
Genbull Dragooon B:D
Spiral Unicorno E230XF

2nd: Mitsu
MSF-M Revizer Killerken SA165BWD
MF-L Duo Cancer B:D
MF-L Duo Cancer SA165BWD
MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165BWD

3rd: @[1234beyblade]
Killerken Dragooon B:D
MF-F Duo Cygnus B:D
MSF-M Wyvang Girago E230 [Boost] HF/S

Still very interested with that whole E230 HF/S thing. How did it seem to do for you, Hubert?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Aug. 31, 2015

Note: Spiral Unicorno E230XF was a winner of another one of Toronto's signature "joke battles", this time in the finals between Mitsu and u wot m8. Speechless

Also, HF/S is actually quite good! He beat my SA165TB combo 3-2 with it today, I know that much. So amazing that it's become a relevant part. However, like a lot of Zero-G combos, it is heavily reliant on spin direction. If you go up against a Stamina combo in the opposite spin direction, you will almost certainly lose.

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Aug. 31, 2015

Royal Rumble, MTL, 30 August 2015

Standard Format

1st: @[DJ ALPHA]
Genbull Dragooon B: D (used in finals only)
Wyvang Dragooon SA165(att)R2F (Used in round robin)

2nd: @[Nocto]
Dragooon Killerken 85GF
Killerken Dragooon 85GF
Killerken Killerken W145MF

3rd: loyd87
Genbull Dragooon SA165(att)EWD (Used one time)
MSF Genbull Genbull T125MF (no lost with it again)

Nocto combos are really interesting and give us a little headache to find How to beat him because in round robin he gets no lost.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Aug. 31, 2015

How did Killerken Dragooon 85GF seem to fare for you, @[Nocto]? What were you able to beat using it?

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Aug. 31, 2015

he used it only against opposite spin and his shots isn't that strenght, pretty surprising. he can says more probably on the concept but it works really well.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Nocto - Aug. 31, 2015

Dragooon <-> Killerken 85GF fared very well. I won all my matches in the initial round robin using it, simply flipping the Synchrome accordingly. My two losses came in the two round robin finals, where I lost against loyd87 in a same spin match-up, the last round of which saw my Beyblade lending on concrete and my Giga Flat ruined, which lead to my second loss against DJ ALPHA's Dragooon B:D, against which I had previously won.

The combination has two major flaws, both linked: control and match-up. Giga Flat is probably one of, if not the most stable Bottom in MFB, which is crucial for spin equalizing. Its large width also boast qualities for attack and defense. Unfortunately, it's nigh uncontrollable at full launch power (and that's coming from someone who can easily flower pattern Extreme Flat), which is important in same-spin match-ups, but not so much in opposite-spin match-ups, where Giga Flat can still move around quite a lot (meaning the other Beyblade cannot not touch it) and get the full attack and defense benefits of a Weak Launch. The match-up problem should then be self-explanatory: unless you can find the right angle of launch not to self-eject, you're likely to lose a same-spin match.

For the Killerken MF, it's essentially the Synchrome version of Phantom Cancer/Gasher AD145MF, a combination I used at BeyDays 2011 which myself and a few others (including Dan, I believe) were big proponents of, well before the sub-100 versions appeared. Killerken is more Stamina than Attack/Stamina, though.

Edit: I have videos of its performance on my camera. I might simply upload them unedited just for the sake of showing how it behaves.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Aug. 31, 2015

Winning Combinations from Time to Stop 1234beyblade!

1st place- LMAO:

MSF-L Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
MSF-L Girago Genbull SA165EWD
MF Duo Cancer W105EWD
MSF-L Genbull Dragooon 90EWD
MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang CH120RB

2nd place:- @[Mitsu]:

MSF-M Girago Dragooon SA165EWD
MF-L Duo Cancer E230TB
MSF-L Girago Dragooon E230TB
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
MF Duo Cancer W105EWD
Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF

3rd place- @[1234beyblade]:

MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF
Bahamdia Dragooon 90EWD

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Sep. 01, 2015

(Aug. 31, 2015  9:14 PM)Nocto Wrote: Edit: I have videos of its performance on my camera. I might simply upload them unedited just for the sake of showing how it behaves.
I have some shots too on my cellphone if some wants to see an other view hah!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Sep. 02, 2015

Interesting that BD145RDF is seemingly totally absent from Montreal, when it is such a force to be reckoned with in Toronto ...

(Aug. 31, 2015  11:34 PM)LMAO Wrote: 3rd place- @[1234beyblade]:

MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF
Bahamdia Dragooon 90EWD

Still can't believe this combo worked at all!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Nocto - Sep. 02, 2015

(Sep. 02, 2015  4:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Interesting that BD145RDF is seemingly totally absent from Montreal, when it is such a force to be reckoned with in Toronto ...

I don't have all the top tier Chrome Wheels, but I actually went to the tournament with my 85GF knowing I could reliably outspin a BD145RDF combination in an opposite-spin match-up.

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Sep. 02, 2015

I have tried BD145RDF and SA165RDF and it not work for me. don't know why but I never win with that kind of combo in tournament. only playing for fun i got some wins with it... something I don't do right I think hah!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Sep. 02, 2015

Nocto Wrote:I don't have all the top tier Chrome Wheels, but I actually went to the tournament with my 85GF knowing I could reliably outspin a BD145RDF combination in an opposite-spin match-up.

I don't know about Dragooon Killerken GF, but from my experience Killerken Dragooon GF had never seemed to have success against opposite-spin BD145RDF. Has it for you?

loyd87 Wrote:I have tried BD145RDF and SA165RDF and it not work for me. don't know why but I never win with that kind of combo in tournament. only playing for fun i got some wins with it... something I don't do right I think hah!

What exactly are you testing the two against, though?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Nocto - Sep. 02, 2015

If the opposing Beyblade uses two good-for-stamina Chrome Wheels, GF will most likely draw, with the edge given to BD145RDF; if not--if the Beyblade uses a Dragooon, for example--then GF will win. At least, that's my experience.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Manicben - Sep. 02, 2015

Beyblade Bursts onto the Scene: London

1st - Manicben
Kerbeus Heavy Accel
Kerbeus Heavy Defence
Spriggan Heavy Accel

2nd - LeeDraciel
Spriggan Spread Defence
Valkyrie Wing Accel

3rd - SajjanV
Ragnaruk Central Fusion

Don't ask me how the Ragnaruk got into the finals. It just happened mkay?

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Sep. 02, 2015

during Testing its a tank but in tournament play I never be able to win a match with.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bey Brad - Sep. 02, 2015

(Sep. 02, 2015  10:19 PM)Manicben Wrote: Don't ask me how the Ragnaruk got into the finals. It just happened mkay?

Honestly not surprising considering the nature of the event. We'll see more predictable results next year Wink

RE: Winning Combinations. - Shabookabear - Sep. 03, 2015

Synchrome is so underrated it's disgusting. People need to do their research. I just bought a new set from Japan.

RE: Winning Combinations. - -HB- - Sep. 03, 2015

(Sep. 03, 2015  8:11 AM)Shabookabear Wrote: Synchrome is so underrated it's disgusting. People need to do their research. I just bought a new set from Japan.

What lead you to think that? Most of the top tear includes synchromes if I'm not mistaken? I'm sure others will say we don't underrate them?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Shabookabear - Sep. 03, 2015

That's this very informed forum. You and I, we're real fans. The majority and the Internet in general harps on 4D and rarely mentions Synchrome. Just look around in the mainstream, they didn't even advertise or push Synchrome that well in America.

I don't doubt this group, but the mainstream is definitely laggin. The advantages of Synchrome are numerous, but vastly overlooked with kids and non-experts. It's sad.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mint - Sep. 03, 2015

(Sep. 03, 2015  9:29 AM)Shabookabear Wrote: That's this very informed forum. You and I, we're real fans. The majority and the Internet in general harps on 4D and rarely mentions Synchrome. Just look around in the mainstream, they didn't even advertise or push Synchrome that well in America.

I don't doubt this group, but the mainstream is definitely laggin. The advantages of Synchrome are numerous, but vastly overlooked with kids and non-experts. It's sad.
To be honest , Synchrome is mentioned more often than 4D, look at the competitive metal fight combos. most of the wheels in it are synchromes, however you saying kids favoring 4D instead of synchroms is true.They think 4D is stronger because of the mode change and doesn't care about the weight distribution , weight , form of the wheel.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bey Brad - Sep. 07, 2015

I find the tone of this discussion unnecessarily hostile ... it is really not easy to find and understand the in-depth knowledge required to be an expert in Beyblade, IMO. Especially for younger players. One of the things we need to work harder to do is not just discover more information, but package that information in a way that anyone — of any age or skill level — can understand.

From the perspective of someone who left Beyblade around the time Flame Libra came out, and didn't come back until Burst — I find the discussions about MFB impossible to understand, at this point. There is an immense barrier of knowledge required to understand competitive discussion at all anymore. I don't think it was ever quite so impenetrable before, and I think one of the reasons is that the community speaks largely in a shorthand language that is indecipherable to those who don't already know all the terms and abbreviations.

As for Synchrom, I think you don't see it get a lot of attention because it's kinda boring, and Zero-G is really weird and likely alienated a lot of fans, especially younger ones who loved the older cast and older Beyblades like Pegasis and couldn't understand what was happening anymore.

Even among advanced players, there's a resentment of Synchrom for the way it unbalanced the metagame. I suspect Synchrom is the major reason that the Limited format even exists at all.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Zoroaste - Sep. 07, 2015

Yeah I have over 150 mfb's, pretty much own every part, play with them daily and live on these forums, but I can't understand some of the stuff said about them sometimes. Lol. So you know that kids and newcomers definitely can't. That's part of the reason I like Burst so much, because the meta is simpler, I have played with each part a ton and know as much as anybody about them.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Sep. 07, 2015

[Raleigh, NC, 4/18/15] NC BeyBattle Revolution: TBR Qualifier

1st Place Geetster99
MF L Burn Cancer 85 MF
MF L Duo Cancer 230 MB

2nd Dark_Mousy
MF Libra GB145 CS
MF L Burn Cancer 90 MF
MF H Omega Scorpio 85 R2F

3rd Titan Tite
mf duo cancer 230 mb
mf-h libra sr200 cs
mf-h omega unicorno 90 r2

RE: Winning Combinations. - 6 God - Sep. 07, 2015

(Sep. 03, 2015  9:29 AM)Shabookabear Wrote: That's this very informed forum. You and I, we're real fans. The majority and the Internet in general harps on 4D and rarely mentions Synchrome. Just look around in the mainstream, they didn't even advertise or push Synchrome that well in America.

Talking about mainstream Beyblade use. smh. People outside the WBO in America hardly play Beyblade anymore. By the time Zero-G rolled around there was no audience to advertise to lol. Shabookabear