World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Leone19 - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  4:11 PM)Lord Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2014  4:08 PM)Naijalak Wrote: It's just like the time we had a stock Phantom Orion BGrin (hasbro version) win, and that time we had a FULL group of people playing!
So then it would depend on the condition of the BGrin?

What would depend on it? It was brand new, though, but that doesn't really relate to anything, haha.

RE: Winning Combinations. - 6 God - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  4:14 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2014  4:11 PM)Lord Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2014  4:08 PM)Naijalak Wrote: It's just like the time we had a stock Phantom Orion BGrin (hasbro version) win, and that time we had a FULL group of people playing!
So then it would depend on the condition of the BGrin?

What would depend on it? It was brand new, though, but that doesn't really relate to anything, haha.

I think he means winning would depend on ___.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Leone19 - Jul. 18, 2014

Transform and Roller (Defenser) Out:

Zero-G:

1st. Leone19 (me): Duo Darkhelm SA165 WD, Genbull Dragoon BGrin, Genbull Dragoon F230 CF, Girago Girago SA165 GF
2nd. The Supreme One: Duo Cancer SA165 BWD, Saramanda Goreim W145 GF, Killerken Dragooon F230 GCF, Samurai Dragooon SA165 WSF (The Supreme One and I had a Zero G Crystal wheel match for one of our battles)
3rd. ElementChris: Flash Aquario GB145 RF

Plastics:
(We all used my plastics, since no one had there own we all borrowed and messed around with them)

1st. Leone19: Roller Defenser (Stock), Dranzer F (Stock)
2nd. ElementChris: Master Dragoon (Stock)
3rd. The Supreme One: Draciel MBD (Stock)

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 18, 2014  4:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Transform and Roller (Defenser) Out:

Zero-G:

1st. Leone19 (me): Duo Darkhelm SA165 WD, Genbull Dragoon BGrin, Genbull Dragoon F230 CF
2nd. The Supreme One: Duo Cancer SA165 BWD, Saramanda Goreim W145 GF, Killerken Dragooon F230 GCF, Samurai Dragooon SA165 WSF (The Supreme One and I had a Zero G Crystal wheel match for one of our battles)
3rd. ElementChris: Flash Aquario GB145 RF

Plastics:
(We all used my plastics, since no one had there own we all borrowed and messed around with them)

1st. Leone19: Roller Defenser (Stock), Dranzer F (Stock)
2nd. ElementChris: Master Dragoon (Stock)
3rd. The Supreme One: Draciel MBD (Stock)
I told you peoples it was still good.

I'm pretty surprised you didn't use a plastic combo though haha.

RE: Winning Combinations. - The Supreme One - Jul. 18, 2014

Gotta love the CT meta. Leone19's attack combo for Zero G was pretty awesome. It was the final match for first & I was stupid enough to use Duo Cancer SA165 WD haha
Overall the tournament was pretty exciting & went by quickly, since we only had 8 players and two stadiums!

We used the Super Control for Plastics, switching between that and the BB-10.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kaneki - Jul. 18, 2014

How did Darkhelm do on Duo ? I've never seen that before, hah. Was both the F230's orange Takara ?

Yay, Flash has placed!

Plastic sounded like fun, haha.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - Jul. 18, 2014

Agh F230 has the top two spots again... How often was it used? Is that Attack combo that The Supreme One mentioned the combo Girago Girago SA165GF?

Looks like the Plastic tournament went all well and it was fun. Glad we had our first successful Plastic and HMS day tournamnet.

Yes, both F230s were orange Takara Tomy. Neither Leone19 nor I lost a match using it (which just proves my point), but we made a point of not using it too often & we didn't use it in our matches against each other.

I only used F230 twice or 3 times I believe, as I did want to try other combinations. My Dragoon F230 almost lost to a Death combination, though.

Other than that, my Girago SA165 GF was used against Duo SA165 BWD and did very swell, Sway KO'ing Duo all 3 times.

(Jul. 18, 2014  4:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yes, both F230s were orange Takara Tomy. Neither Leone19 nor I lost a match using it (which just proves my point), but we made a point of not using it too often & we didn't use it in our matches against each other.

But at the same time, you have to look what was used against it- for me that was Flash and a Death combination.

RE: Winning Combinations. - *Ginga* - Jul. 18, 2014

TBH it's unfair to consider what it went up against for you: In CT you and TSO seem to be the only ones who use truly top tier combinations to their full potential.

Believe it or not, some of the crazy combinations people use are pretty effective. I used F230 twice, both times against ElementChris because his Flash combo was surprisingly effective. Leone19 used his 3 times, I believe.

Bladerblock was using Death with D & it actually did extremely well; he was the only person I lost to before finals & I was using Genbull Genbull W145 TB, which isn't half bad. Xtracorruption used Phantom with WF & I beat him 3-2 using Duo Cancer SA165 BWD. Not sure what it is about those two, but even their craziest combos are effective. Alex02 used Killerken Dragooon BGrin & Death Hades F230 (Hasbro) CF & got fourth.

Not saying those are bad, just saying that in the entire F230 argument most of CT's experience are irrelevant due to the majority of participants not using combos that areas with more developed metagames would.

Not trying to bash on CT haha

Eh. I wouldn't say that's true. It really depends on the tournament; sometimes players use competitive combos, sometimes, especially if there are less players, they don't. I don't go to a ton of CT tournaments these days (since I don't even technically live in the state), but when I do, I feel badly about using F230 because it does so well (given I've only played in 2 0G events since getting it, but I placed in both). Sure I want to win, but it takes the fun out of it and isn't totally fair for other tournament regulars.

It's the "sometimes" part that confuses me. Why not use competitive combos all the time? It can still be fun with competitive combos.

Your last sentence is one of the main reasons I want it banned haha.

(Jul. 18, 2014  5:58 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: It's the "sometimes" part that confuses me. Why not use competitive combos all the time? It can still be fun with competitive combos.

Your last sentence is one of the main reasons I want it banned haha.

Today's event was more between "friends" playing, so in that sense, it was more lax. A lot of the "weird" combinations used actually do pretty well, like TheSupremeOne stated.

The thing about CT players is that half the people who come to tournaments, like Xtra, Bladerblock, Nohzone, etc. are just there to have a good time; not so much to win. I know for a fact that they have the parts for top tier combos & sometimes they use those, but sometimes they just want to try out something new or use a specific combo because they like its parts.

Also what Leone19 said. All of us knew each other, so it was pretty casual, but when there are unfamiliar faces, everyone steps up their game.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 18, 2014  6:02 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: The thing about CT players is that half the people who come to tournaments, like Xtra, Bladerblock, Nohzone, etc. are just there to have a good time; not so much to win. I know for a fact that they have the parts for top tier combos & sometimes they use those, but sometimes they just want to try out something new or use a specific combo because they like its parts.

Also what Leone19 said. All of us knew each other, so it was pretty casual, but when there are unfamiliar faces, everyone steps up their game.
CT sound a like a fun place for just cutting back and having a blast at tournaments.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Jul. 18, 2014

That's what a lot of ours were, if you wanted to test your mettle, go for it! We're still competitive when we mess around though XD
We have a pretty lax environment hah

(Jul. 18, 2014  8:04 PM)Lord Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  6:02 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: The thing about CT players is that half the people who come to tournaments, like Xtra, Bladerblock, Nohzone, etc. are just there to have a good time; not so much to win. I know for a fact that they have the parts for top tier combos & sometimes they use those, but sometimes they just want to try out something new or use a specific combo because they like its parts.

CT sound a like a fun place for just cutting back and having a blast at tournaments.

You can't just show up with anything and do well- it's the fact that some tournaments are a lot more competeive than others. Take this and something like the GBT2 Qualfier- today's was a lot more lax since it we all knew and were friendly with eachother, but the Qualifer was a lot more "secretive", competetive, and intense.

On another note, I was really happy that Girago Girago Sway combination worked so well, first time I used it in a tournament.

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 18, 2014  4:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yes, both F230s were orange Takara Tomy. Neither Leone19 nor I lost a match using it (which just proves my point)...

*SIGH* Unhappy

Quote: ...but we made a point of not using it too often & we didn't use it in our matches against each other.

I commend you guys for doing so. At this point, this is what it takes to have an interesting ZRG tournament (which is kind of sad, but if you have like-minded players who are willing to play without it you can have a great time anyway).

(Jul. 18, 2014  10:54 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  4:48 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yes, both F230s were orange Takara Tomy. Neither Leone19 nor I lost a match using it (which just proves my point)...

*SIGH* Unhappy

Quote: ...but we made a point of not using it too often & we didn't use it in our matches against each other.

I commend you guys for doing so. At this point, this is what it takes to have an interesting ZRG tournament (which is kind of sad, but if you have like-minded players who are willing to play without it you can have a great time anyway).

Again, before it's stated how undefeatable it is, one does really need to look at what it went up against- which again, for me, was Flash and Death, neither of which are Top Tier in Zero-G anyways.

But not going to start a debate here, haha.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 19, 2014

(Jul. 13, 2014  8:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Montréal, Québec, Canada - July 12th 2014 - The Bombdiggity Tournament
Limited Format

1st place - KrustyBurger : MSF-M Dark Night Killerken (Crystal Up Mode) BGrin
2nd place - Kai-U : Libra 230D
3rd place - loyd87 : MF-H Earth Cygnus W105WD/SD, MSF-H Gladiator Dragooon DF105RSF

Kai-U was telling me the other day that he also used one of your L Drago combos in a couple BeyBattles during the tournament. Did he win with it? When I was talking to him the other day he seemed to imply that he did.

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Jul. 19, 2014

what I remember he has trying against me but I destroyed it with my gladiator dragooon. against my friends krustyburger he also lose. but I don't remember if he has using it against other players.

----
oh i remember one match i think he wins with it meteo ldrago F230GCF when I judged his match. but in general meteo ldrago F230GCF does not dominated has well.

----
may be Kai-v used it more during the tournament.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - Jul. 20, 2014

When I asked him, he told me he lost the one or two times he used Meteo L Drago F230GCF. Personally, I won most of the time with it, but it is my fault for not reaching the finals.

RE: Winning Combinations. - loyd87 - Jul. 20, 2014

yah tough tie round lol but I was prepared to this with my Dragooon lol