World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - LikeABoss921 - Apr. 28, 2014

3rd at VA qualifier

I used:
MF:F Scythe Cygnus B: D
Earth Bull 100WD
MF:M Scythe Cygnus 230D
MF:M Lightning L Drago 90RF

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 28, 2014

CH120 definitely makes sense, I did try it on vulcan but I forget whether I preferred it over 85 or not. You should give Aquario a shot if you have one/can try one - it's a little more dependable for stalling but still quite powerful, MF-F Aquario 100MF was what I ended up sticking with (produced good results against LTSC which taller tracks had a harder time with - as I remember it anyway, this was some time ago). RB vs RSF solo spins could be interesting, though it still seems odd, assuming you're using RSF on the same setup.
Ah, well, grips are more trouble than they're worth IMO, especially if using attack.

Re: Bahamdia: Sounds neat, I'll play around with it whenever I next get time.

RE: Winning Combinations. - TimeOut - Apr. 28, 2014

can't say I have an aquario, might finally find a reason to buy a pre-hws outside of bb-96 now though, so thanks for that.

Also, in case ragerblade doesn't post:
he literally used Meteo BGrin and almost nothing else (sorry, can't remember what the almost was)

RE: Winning Combinations. - LikeABoss921 - Apr. 28, 2014

He also used meteo tr145wd.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  1:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: Still bad for the community-driven banlist discussion, still unfair to those who would have undoubtedly opted to take advantage of it in qualifiers where it was not mentioned.

Still gross.
That a decision was made and not protested at that time is entirely irrelevant. It shows complete disrespect to the value of community insight and discussion in the shaping of Limited Format at one of the most crucial moments for that thus far.

Complete disrespect ? I am not certain how you can say that you are not taking this too personally ...

You forgot that this principle already existed, but even then, honestly I think you already have much data in terms of winning combinations for it to not matter that much that the revelation of one or two winners' customizations gets postponed.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - Apr. 28, 2014

My combos follow. I got second in the Qualifier.

Meteor L Drago B:D
Meteor L-Drago TR145WD
Lightning L-Drago TR145R2f

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  2:14 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: My combos follow. I got second in the Qualifier.

Meteor L Drago BGrin
Meteor L-Drago TR145WD
Lightning L-Drago TR145R2f

Somebody likes they're lefties XP

(Apr. 28, 2014  2:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  1:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: Still bad for the community-driven banlist discussion, still unfair to those who would have undoubtedly opted to take advantage of it in qualifiers where it was not mentioned.

Still gross.
That a decision was made and not protested at that time is entirely irrelevant. It shows complete disrespect to the value of community insight and discussion in the shaping of Limited Format at one of the most crucial moments for that thus far.

Complete disrespect ? I am not certain how you can say that you are not taking this too personally ...

You forgot that this principle already existed, but even then, honestly I think you already have much data in terms of winning combinations for it to not matter that much that the revelation of one or two winners' customizations gets postponed.

Because I'm not talking about myself - I am one part of a broad discussion and the only reason I used that word is because of how much I care about Limited and what it was proposed/established as - something where the community would play a part in shaping it. I don't feel like this shows adequate respect for that, and I think that's a very important part of limited - one I'm still unsure the committee is showing due consideration for itself, which is a great shame because I think it means a lot of Limited's potential is going unrealized. But, my choice of wording and reasons for it are largely beside the point - while I'm not sure why you'd interpret it as you have, it has little to do with the discussion.

I understand it is an old principle - this is simply not relevant to me, how things were has never been a big factor of my opinion of how things should be, I've gone over this in the past - tradition for tradition's sake etc etc. There's still the fact of winners of qualifiers that came before that principle was brought back up (as we can quite easily see from the discussions that it was forgotten), and the fact the principle itself is rather silly when we have active metagames near each other with crossover between each, new bladers, etc etc, all of whom one would have an element of surprise against were the rule about mandatory posting of combinations not in place - the result is inconsistent, and I'm not a fan of what the policy represents - a conception that the forum should be restrained in terms of influence on the competitive scene.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 28, 2014

For crying out loud, nobody is disrespecting anyone or anything. I will personally post Leone19's winning combinations here after the Grand Battle Tournament 2. Until then, just drop it.

You've ignored the entire point of my argument and told me to drop it, so allow me to be equally fatuous and reply "no".

It's not acceptable - it is disrespectful to the community and the process (and now I can say - your response is to me personally, if we want to throw that in there too, because hey, even I have my limits), and the rule is, as I've explained, of shoddy foundation and legitimately unfair at this point - the latter being perhaps the most important thing and one that so far not a single committee member has managed to respond to. I won't drop the issue simply because you order me to if I think it is a serious concern - why you'd even think that was an appropriate response I don't know, did you actually read the discussion before waltzing in with that post that said something that absolutely everyone here is already aware of and has no trouble believing and then basically telling me to shut up? Get real mate.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Apr. 28, 2014

Damn, I'd say that mod notice + warning drop was disrespect, Uwik.
I know little about the situation but since when is trying to explain your point of view a warnable offense?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  6:55 AM)Dan Wrote: Damn, I'd say that mod notice + warning drop was disrespect, Uwik.
I know little about the situation but since when is trying to explain your point of view a warnable offense?

Dan, the situation’s details are laid out quite clearly on the last 2 pages. As usual, it is a minor thing blown up out of proportion, as most of th!nk’s concerns usually are.

We are giving the option for the winners of the Qualifiers series to not reveal their winning combinations before the Grand Battle Tournament 2 event, if they choose to. It is not just about obedience, funnily enough, it is about respecting the decision made by the winners whether they choose to reveal now or not. It has also been generally agreed by the majority that the Limited Format ban list will be frozen until the Grand Battle Tournament 2 event is over, so that everybody will be playing on the same field as they did in the Qualifiers. By ‘majority’, of course I meant excluding th!nk. He was still dissatisfied about Scythe not making it into the ban list.

For what it’s worth, after few events that had success with Scythe, I do not see the harm of putting it on the ban list AFTER the Grand Battle Tournament 2. But again, it is something that should be approved by the majority of the staffs. I would prefer to tread more carefully this time around. Re-banning Omega after previously unbanning it shows premature haste. It is something that should be avoided altogether.

Personally, I am extremely fed up with the incessant complains about him ‘not getting what he wants, when he wants it’. Throwing random jabs at how it is a ‘complete disrespect’ to the value of community insight, etc, certainly does not cover enough of his poorly-veiled personal frustration.

Out of ‘respect’ for his dedications and contributions, I did not ban him. If I had put that aside, and reciprocated his tantrums, it would have been a straight-forward ban. It is a highly deserving suspension time for him to stand in the corner and think about what he just said.

I’m not a fan of talking bad things about a person when the person in question has no chance in defending himself, which is the case right now, considering his 30 day suspension. As such, this will be the last thing you’ll hear me talk about it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - V2 - Apr. 28, 2014

Is that a 90% because of this single event, or an accumulated %?

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  2:04 PM)Sylver Wrote: Is that a 90% because of this single event, or an accumulated %?

Pretty sure it's accumulated over the the years.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - May. 05, 2014

GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: Ontario Qualifier - 5/4/14
1st: Kei - MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RSF / Duo Cancer W145EWD / MF-M Scythe Cygnus 230CS
2nd: Pockyx3 - Burn Leone TH170D / Lighting L Drago R145RF / Libra AD145WD
3rd: JesseObre - Earth Bull D125EWD / MF Meteo L Drago B:D/TR145EWD / Lightning L Drago F230CF / MSF-H Archer Wyvang R145RSF/R2F

Pretty good day today for me; went 10-2. :) Although there was one battle in particular where I was incredibly lucky: I beat The Sponge's Pegasis RF combo with Duo, somehow (I thank the LED Sight, but that can only make it more difficult for people to Gattyaki you).

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - May. 05, 2014

I actually saw you listing these on your phone with Jesse, at today's event.

Anyways, what was Scythe Cygnus able to win against? I wasn't in your block, so I wasn't able to see it. I'd love to go further with testing that combo.

Wyvang had lots of use today, I must admit that. If I could recall, I saw LMAO, and Jesse use something along the lines of MSF-H Samurai Wyvang GB145RSF.

Quote:3rd: JesseObre - Combos to be posted after GBT2: North American Championship

I never knew Jesse was that secretive.

RE: Winning Combinations. - *Ginga* - May. 05, 2014

(May. 05, 2014  12:41 AM)-Midnight Wrote: Anyways, what was Scythe Cygnus able to win against? I wasn't in your block, so I wasn't able to see it. I'd love to go further with testing that combo.

It's a pretty simple combo: have enough stamina to OS Defense and some Stamina types and still have average defense against attack for a CS combo.

RE: Winning Combinations. - 6 God - May. 24, 2014

TheWhiteTiger's Birthday Bash:

There were a total of 12 participants.

1st: ExtremeBlader3(10-3)- MSF-M Girago Genbull SA165WSF, Duo Cygnus BGrin, MSF Wyvang Dragoon BGrin, Begirados Begirados SR200BWD, Wyvang Dragoon SA165LRF, Flash Unicorno T125R2F

2nd: TheWhiteTiger(12-1)- Duo Cancer BGrin, MSF Girago Genbull E230TB, MSF Phantom E230MB, Girago Genbull SA165TB

3rd: Demontre(10-3)- Diablo Herculeo BD145RF, Diablo Herculeo GB145GCF

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - May. 24, 2014

I'm pretty sure demontre was using B not GCF. And didn't he use a phantom combo?

I thought extreme was using reviser dragooon BD not wyvang? I could be wrong.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - May. 24, 2014

What format was this, Zero G I presume, but why did he use Wyvang Dragooon B:D? That's extra heavy.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - May. 24, 2014

(May. 24, 2014  10:05 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: What format was this, Zero G I presume, but why did he use Wyvang Dragooon BGrin? That's extra heavy.
If you read the thread it was BB-10.

Congrats to the placers!

Nope, standard.

RE: Winning Combinations. - 6 God - May. 24, 2014

(May. 24, 2014  10:03 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'm pretty sure demontre was using B not GCF. And didn't he use a phantom combo?

Nah he borrowed my GCF before the tournament. He sent me a message saying he used Wyvang.

(May. 24, 2014  10:21 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(May. 24, 2014  10:03 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'm pretty sure demontre was using B not GCF. And didn't he use a phantom combo?

Nah he borrowed my GCF before the tournament. He sent me a message saying he used Wyvang.
in his battle with me I am positive he didn't use GCF, he used B or BSF. I think B.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - May. 24, 2014

The combination I used that actually won in the GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 PRELUDE: HMS tournament was :

AR : Circle Upper
WD : CWD God Ring
RC : Bearing Core 2

Most people used Attack in the event.