World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - Apr. 19, 2014

Winning Combos for New Canada!

Geetster99 1st
Balro balro bd145 mf
Wyvang dragooon sa165 (zero g attack) r2f
Wyvang dragooon sa165 rdf g, t
Killerken Genbull e230 MB

Stars 2nd
Genbull dragooon bd
Duo Virgo bd
Genbull dragoon bd145 rdf

Time 3rd
Balro balro bd145 mf
Wyvang dragooon sa165 rdf
Genbull dragoon bd145 rdf
Gravity Perseus bd145 rdf
Fusion cancer sa165 ewd
Genbull dragooon f230 gcf
Flash orion ch120 mf
Phantom Sagittario 2 85 mf
Zirago dragooon s130 cf
Wyvang Genbull s130 cf

Does this clear it up?

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Apr. 20, 2014

People should try and experiment with new combos, I see Wyvang Dragooon RDF was used hah.
I used Girago Dragooon DF105 CF back in October, Time, did you like it?

RE: Winning Combinations. - TimeOut - Apr. 20, 2014

It has it's uses but as much as MD likes spin-equalizing setups its kind of a dangerous choice (at least here) at times

RE: Winning Combinations. - Scout25 - Apr. 20, 2014

The winning combos I used in the last limited tournament in Chicago are as follows

MF-H earth sagittariou 100WD
MF-L duo (hasbro metal fury) 100WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Naijalak - Apr. 28, 2014

OK, here's the winnning combos from the CT Qualifier:

Xtracorruption: Beat Libra W105 R2F, Meteo L-Drago 125 EWD
i break yo bey: Meteo L-Drago AD145 WD, Earth Pisces 125 HF

Apparently since Leone19 is off to Toronto, I don't have to post his Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:03 AM)Naijalak Wrote: OK, here's the winnning combos from the CT Qualifier:

Where'd that last thing come from? That kind of data is more important with the looming update than ever (even if he used nothing relevant to it). It also hasn't been done by any of the other qualifiers as far as I know.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Leone19 - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:15 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  12:03 AM)Naijalak Wrote: OK, here's the winnning combos from the CT Qualifier:

Where'd that last thing come from? That kind of data is more important with the looming update than ever (even if he used nothing relevant to it). It also hasn't been done by any of the other qualifiers as far as I know.

It was posted in the Virginia Qualifier topic, I hadn't heard of it until it was posted there.

Once I get a mod's word of having to post, I'd be happy to.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Apr. 28, 2014

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:16 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  12:15 AM)th!nk Wrote:

It was posted in the Virginia Qualifier topic, I hadn't heard of it until it was posted there.

Once I get a mod's word of having to post, I'd be happy to.

I remember Kai-V posting something like that. I can probably find her post if I look threw her posts on her profile.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It definitely only applies to people traveling to a championship : anybody else in the top three of the tournament would definitely have to post their winning combinations, and the qualifying winners will simply post theirs after the championship, promptly.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:32 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  12:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It definitely only applies to people traveling to a championship : anybody else in the top three of the tournament would definitely have to post their winning combinations, and the qualifying winners will simply post theirs after the championship, promptly.

Y U FIND IT FIRST?

That's the post I was talking about.

EDIT: she actually just posted that one, I remember her posting something similar if not exactly that before.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - Apr. 28, 2014

I also just edited that same post because I found the previous occasion where we recently discussed it :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Silver-Spring-MD-03-30-2014-GBT2-Maryland-Qualifier?pid=1204427#pid1204427

Winning customizations of qualifying winners still need to be sent to the Committee, and they will be revealed to the public right after the championship.

Oh, so those of us contributing to the banlist update discussion do not get this information for the construction of our arguments or making up our own mind? Given how disinterested the committee perhaps bar yourself seems to be in actually discussing the next banlist update that really doesn't seem like a good idea to me. That is very important data for that decision - and this is a ruling apparently not applied to earlier qualifiers anyway, so implementing it half way is extremely unfair, tbh.

I don't even understand why it's even necessary - I thought we were over hiding combinations - this gives people an excuse to hide them all the way to championships. Silly thing to encourage. Also means people with sharp eyed opponents are at a disadvantage which is dumb - always was, big part of why I was glad posting winning combos became mandatory.

Anyway, as I said (and will now say in much less polite manner and without checking who protested), some winners were brave enough not to be big selfish babies about having their combinations posted without jumping on that [edit: this was meant to refer to the old ruling, not more recent discussion thereof - this is here so no one else misinterprets it without removing it] so for their sake I suggest we do away with it this time - preferably for all future large events, too. We shouldn't alter rules for different tournaments like that - and these people are getting a free trip to it no less, least they could do to help inform the banlist update discussion on the site providing it. :\

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, so those of us contributing to the banlist update discussion do not get this information for the construction of our arguments or making up our own mind?

Gross.

Yo, you are taking this rather personally and offensively for no reason : this rule/exception has been in place since last year, for the first championship. What is 'abnormal' in the situation is a Limited format ban update scheduled close to the championship : that is something that was not planned last year, yet the reasoning behind the rule still applies.

That being said, of course I could share some information with you if I know I can trust you not to relay it to anybody else, but you could not post : "Oh yeah, so Omega and Scythe were still massively used in the Connecticut/Virginia/Toronto qualifier, by the winners none the less", because then all the participants of the championship know what they tend to use and will prepare to counter them one way or another.

If qualifying winners do not mind revealing their customizations to the public right now, it is totally up to them.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: Anyway, as I said (and will now say in much less polite manner and without checking who protested), some winners were brave enough not to be big selfish babies about having their combinations posted without jumping on that, so for their sake I suggest we do away with it this time - preferably for all future large events, too. We shouldn't alter rules for different tournaments like that - and these people are getting a free trip to it no less, least they could do to help inform the banlist update discussion on the site providing it. :\

Yes, certainly following something I noticed was posted by Kai-V makes me a "big selfish baby".

I understand your concern, but I really do not appreciate your rudeness about it.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  12:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, so those of us contributing to the banlist update discussion do not get this information for the construction of our arguments or making up our own mind?

Gross.

Yo, you are taking this rather personally and offensively for no reason : this rule/exception has been in place since last year, for the first championship. What is 'abnormal' in the situation is a Limited format ban update scheduled close to the championship : that is something that was not planned last year, yet the reasoning behind the rule still applies.

That being said, of course I could share some information with you if I know I can trust you not to relay it to anybody else, but you could not post : "Oh yeah, so Omega and Scythe were still massively used in the Connecticut/Virginia/Toronto qualifier, by the winners none the less", because then all the participants of the championship know what they tend to use and will prepare to counter them one way or another.

If qualifying winners do not mind revealing their customizations to the public right now, it is totally up to them.

Edited my post to clarify my reasoning/explain it some more/make it something other than my gut reaction - that's an improvement, sure, but I am not the only person who will have valid points to add - Limited's banlist is a community matter, not one just for even advanced members. It's probably important that say, Kei, knows too, seeing as he's going to play a big part in the decision - and if he knows why shouldn't every other competitor at the event know?
My updated post should provide more insight as to why I feel it's a rather odd thing to be brought into play half way through the qualifiers and a rather bad ruling in general - one that has clashed with a more recent format as a result.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:50 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2014  12:40 AM)th!nk Wrote: Anyway, as I said (and will now say in much less polite manner and without checking who protested so "offending people pot luck go"), some winners were brave enough not to be big babies about having their combinations posted without jumping on that, so for their sake I suggest we do away with it this time - preferably in future, too.

Yes, certainly following something posted by Kai-V makes me a "big baby".

I understand your concern, but I really do not appreciate your rudeness about it.

Unless you went crawling for it deliberately for your own advantage as I presume someone did (I haven't checked, so I could be yelling at no one with that - which is fine, good even, as it means I'm not offending anyone directly) it doesn't apply to you (and you certainly don't seem to have) - though personally in your position I'd reveal my combinations because others have had theirs revealed already, as a matter of principle - but that is me, and I have always prioritised matters of principle rather highly, and I don't expect others to do the same.

RE: Winning Combinations. - TimeOut - Apr. 28, 2014

Here's mine from today, I don't really care considering I almost never use the same stuff... (In fact, after going back through my matches, I realized I never used anything to win more than once, 10-2 on the day and my only losses were launcher issues against ragerblade and likeboss921 using my Vulcan staller and scythe ch120 rf)

Mf h libra 85 rb
Mf h omega horuseus lw105 mf
MF H Vulcan lynx ch120 mf
Meteo l drago f230 cf
Scythe Pegasus II ch120 rf
Bahamdia samurai s130 tb
Libra th170 tb
Scythe th170 tb
Scythe b:d
Duo cancer tr145 ewd

Note: I don't own omega and scythe, I borrowed them from *ginga* and using them myself I didn't really feel that they were that ridiculously op, albeit, today I was not on the receiving end of either of them

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: Talking to whoever raised the thing in the first place. Unless you went crawling for it deliberately for your own advantage as I presume someone did (I haven't checked, so I could be yelling at no one with that) it doesn't apply to you - though personally in your position I'd reveal my combinations because others have had theirs revealed already.

Man, you're really making (someone) look pretty bad, right now.

I wouldn't say anyone necessarily "went crawling for it deliberately" for advantage purposes, but perhaps, rather, saw the post, and followed it.

(Apr. 28, 2014  12:55 AM)Time Wrote: Here's mine from today, I don't really care considering I almost never use the same stuff...
Mf h libra 85 rb
Mf h omega horuseus lw105 mf
Vulcan lynx ch120 mf
Meteo l drago f230 cf
Scythe Pegasus II ch120 rf
Bahamdia samurai s130 tb
Libra th170 tb
Scythe th170 tb
Scythe b:d
Duo cancer tr145 ewd

Note: I don't own omega and scythe, I borrowed them from *ginga* and using them myself I didn't really feel that they were that ridiculously op, albeit, today I was not on the receiving end of either of them

How did Omega work for you on MF?

Pretty well, I only used it out of fear that ragerblade would pull meteo b:d like he had been all day (my silly Vulcan staller couldn't ko it earlier so I got worried and wanted to at least give me a chance to os and for some reason I couldn't get a t stall to cooperate during the Vulcan staller match either, silly launcher)!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sniper - Apr. 28, 2014

What the heck did you use bahamdia TB against

Leone19: The remark was more aimed at the general idea of hiding combinations for competitive advantage, and not in this specific case - it's been bugging me, and of course for the sake of adding some flavour to my argument because I really do think it's an extremely bad rule that clashes harshly with the spirit of Limited - and is also unfair as things currently stand.

Time: Oh man I forget if we discussed Vulcan MF but it's one of the parts of the Metal Flat blogpost I was working on - really surprising how good vulcan is on there though in the end I tend to find Rock has better overall coverage (0 cylinder mold, of course).
With Scythe/Omega, it probably helps to sit down and try them out - Omega definitely, it's kinda deceptive how good it is until you try to counter it, Scythe I guess might be harder to notice how obscene it is in a tournament when you're not doing comparisons with other wheels but yeah, that's tournaments. Tongue_out
Variation and using a lot of different combinations really is what people should be doing if they want an element of surprise, by the way, so good job with that.

I've tried Omega MF before, it's a good setup.

And yeah, Bahamdia TB is interesting - what's that one about?

@Th!nk: no offence dude, but you need to calm down. Seriously, your making yourself look bad more than anything posting with such a horrid attitude (didn't post your combos because you don't want anyone to counter it? I guess that automatically makes you a selfish baby, huh?), to me atleast. The rudeness is over 9000. Kinda surprised a mod didn't step in with a more forceful attitude .

If you are talking about the person that pointed out the rule, it was me. If you want to know how it came about you can check the Virginia qualifier thread yourself.

Taking advantage to an option the head moderator gave us isn't a felony.

(Apr. 28, 2014  1:10 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: @Th!nk: no offence dude, but you need to calm down. Seriously, your making yourself look bad more than anything posting with such a horrid attitude, to me atleast. The rudeness is over 9000. Kinda surprised a mod didn't step in with a more forceful attitude .

If you are talking about the person that pointed out the rule, it was me. If you want to know how it came about you can check the Virginia qualifier thread yourself.

I'm quite calm, the remark really only serves as color (or at least was intended only to serve as such, in retrospect I explained that poorly (the intent is reflected in later posts)- no point editing it now, though there's plenty of time for mods to intervene if they wish. Apologies if you took offence - I will watch my posts more carefully with these ongoing off-site events as they are, methinks, but yeah, it doesn't pertain to you - or anyone, really, though I guess the same could go for anyone who had or in future might try to flaunt the rule on reporting combinations - which is not a bad group to sideswipe, no?

As it is, I'd rather focus remain on the topic itself or the points I raised about how silly a rule it is, and how unfair it is to some competitors (and bad for the process) - this is a rather important matter, after all. We're a professional organization and should not be making decisions based on less data than we should easily have.

As for whether or not it's a felony - well, it's still a selfish move for an artificial competitive advantage but I'm more focussed on the fact the option is there - it shouldn't be, as I doubt any of the winners from before that point would have revealed their combinations either (plus from a decisionmaking perspective, it's also extremely detrimental to the process). If we're going to make posting winning combinations compulsory, there shouldn't be exceptions just for particular events - why have more factors at play for them? Doesn't make sense.

One additional note seeing as I didn't see the post when I made mine (and didn't really think about this in the edit) - Time, have you had success getting vulcan to stall in the past? While it's good on MF I definitely found it more akin to flash W145MF than tornado stallers, and I definitely had trouble keeping it stalling long enough against some things - did you manage that before and just struggle this once?

So that everything is clear : Leone19, the winner of the Connecticut qualifier has sent me his winning combinations for that tournament. I have forwarded his message to Uwik and plan to forget what they were myself, since I have a lot of other things to take care of until Anime North anyway.

Usually, people use combinations within their own community : few people travel to other states for events. Therefore, when people who clearly saw what you were using at the tournament will work on countering your customizations if they care and when it does not particularly matter to the rest of the world community what you used because they are not battling you, there is no real reason to keep it private to the worldwide Bladers. However, when you go to a tournament as important as GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 and that you are going to meet Bladers you do not know at all, we judged last year (with little to no criticism from the community back then) that you had the right to arrive with as small an advantage as confidentiality can be.

Still bad for the community-driven banlist discussion, still unfair to those who would have undoubtedly opted to take advantage of it in qualifiers where it was not mentioned.

Still gross.
That a decision was made and not protested at that time is entirely irrelevant. It shows complete disrespect to the value of community insight and discussion in the shaping of Limited Format at one of the most crucial moments for that thus far.

@th!nk Flash W145 MF is actually my direct inspiration for the combo, but I prefer CH120 for the lower center of gravity for stalling purposes (and a better chance against ltdc/ltsc). Flash ch120 MF may honestly be my overall favorite combo in standard so of course I was going to try to find its duplicate in limited. I don't think we'd ever specifically discussed it, but I guess great minds think alike. And yeah, usually I don't have trouble getting it to stall enough to os rsf based stuff although for some reason libra 85 rb gives it trouble (maybe rb actually has more stamina?). My guess would be I was just having trouble with my grip today because the clasp hadn't been working for a while so I hadn't been using it, but i finally managed to get it working again last night and I think I was just out of practice with it (part of the reason after that match I took it off whenever i was going to use attack). Also, this is probably more personal preference than anything scientific, but I use MF-H on both vulcan and flash stallers because i think the more concentrated center of gravity keeps its velocity at the speeds necessary for stalling for a slightly longer period of time, of course, this doesn't help with phantom/burn that have great stamina to rely on, but it seems to work on vulcan/flash)

BAHAMDIA s130 tb comments, this was against some mid-track earth? stamina combo and the reason I like it is s130 tb does this cool thing where s130 can drag a little on the side of the stadium and lower bahamdia enough to throw some crazy hits from below while still having the stamina to os some of the less-stamina oriented defense setups.