World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dual - Nov. 13, 2013

Yah, I tried using only Killerken Dragooon LW160CF all tournament once , but once I got to the finals I doubted myself.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 13, 2013

(Nov. 12, 2013  11:34 PM)Coach Wrote: Sometimes bladers think too much and more options simply means more options to out think yourself and lose.

This is definitely true, but 'not thinking' and using only one combination through an entire tournament can backfire too. You can't expect that combo to be the best choice for every opponent you face, especially when you start playing people later in the tournament who have seen what you have been using all day. It's an interesting experiment, though.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ingulit - Nov. 13, 2013

There are certainly some customs you COULD solo a tournament with, namely stuff with Wyvang in it in the BB-10 if you're decent at netting KOs. People do solo events with a decent stamina type all the time (which is IMO not a safe choice, but it obviously works sometimes), but if one was hell-bent on winning a tournament with a single custom then I could see someone who is good with a solid attacker or balance custom doing well. As long a custom reacts well to the skill of the blader using it then that blader could overcome people seeing the custom all day.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Wyvang was less expensive I could totally see some Wyvang Wyvang customs soloing tournaments with some regularity. As long as it's being controlled well, outside of E230 it's hard to stop the Wyvang train.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 14, 2013

You're right: some combos have a much better chance at soloing a tournament than others. However, as an opponent facing a combo like this, it's easy to "stop the train" when you see it coming.

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 15, 2013

(Nov. 13, 2013  11:35 PM)Ingulit Wrote: As long as it's being controlled well, outside of E230 it's hard to stop the Wyvang train.

...Unless your meta is chop full of Dragooon customs all over the place. XD MF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF is quite difficult to take down with a Wyvang combo. The only reason I didn't spam Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF/GB145R2F at Gladiator's onslaught is because people used nothing but Dragooon BD145RDF/F230CF/GCF. Wyvang isn't too great at running down taller customs, especially if it's moving quickly in the opposite direction.

Of course, the meta here is almost a mutual balance of left-spin and right-spin (which is extremely unusual), which makes choices during a tournament a billion times more difficult, and sweeping a tourney with anything besides Dragooon F230 is next to impossible; but somewhere else I could definitely see that happening, like in VA where nobody uses Dragooon.

Come to think of it, if you went to VA with Wyvang BD145RSF or some other crazy right-spin balance type like Girago Genbull E230MB, MSF-L Girago BD145RF or Duo 230MB you could probably win without switching.

That's one point where people who think Dragooon should be banned are a little off. They don't realize how many outstanding (and otherwise overpowered) customs it neutralizes. Like Ingulit said, without Dragooon all you need is one good, multi-purpose Balance custom and a teeny bit of luck to take home the gold.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Nov. 15, 2013

(Nov. 15, 2013  6:31 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2013  11:35 PM)Ingulit Wrote: As long as it's being controlled well, outside of E230 it's hard to stop the Wyvang train.

...Unless your meta is chop full of Dragooon customs all over the place. XD MF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF is quite difficult to take down with a Wyvang combo. The only reason I didn't spam Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF/GB145R2F at Gladiator's onslaught is because people used nothing but Dragooon BD145RDF/F230CF/GCF. Wyvang isn't too great at running down taller customs, especially if it's moving quickly in the opposite direction.

Of course, the meta here is almost a mutual balance of left-spin and right-spin (which is extremely unusual), which makes choices during a tournament a billion times more difficult, and sweeping a tourney with anything besides Dragooon F230 is next to impossible; but somewhere else I could definitely see that happening, like in VA where nobody uses Dragooon.

Come to think of it, if you went to VA with Wyvang BD145RSF or some other crazy right-spin balance type like Girago Genbull E230MB, MSF-L Girago BD145RF or Duo 230MB you could probably win without switching.

That's one point where people who think Dragooon should be banned are a little off. They don't realize how many outstanding (and otherwise overpowered) customs it neutralizes. Like Ingulit said, without Dragooon all you need is one good, multi-purpose Balance custom and a teeny bit of luck to take home the gold.

We don't use Dragooon because we know we can beat it. And I dare you to come up here and try and sweep a tourney using any of those. I can guarantee you won't go perfect ^-^

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 16, 2013

Well, now you know my strategy! XD

I might not go X/0, but I could potentially win. I wasn't dissing you guys or anything, my point was that without Dragooon right-spin Balance can become extremely dominant.

I might just try later this Winter... Eee

RE: Winning Combinations. - MacDuff - Nov. 16, 2013

I myself believe that there are some problems with Wyvang, and why I would choose Balro over it in Attack. For number one, I have always depended on Hasbro for most of my equipment, especially in Zero-G, and we all know that the Faces they have are the lightest Stone Faces, ever. We also know that Wyvang won't survive with a SF that light, or with a Bottom without enough friction. Those factors just stated can make someone infer that Wyvang has a bit too much recoil. While Wyvang is an excellent Chrome Wheel, I personally believe that it's so frickin' crazy that can't be used for Attack.

I would definitely use Balro over Wyvang because of it's just enough Smash as well as it's low recoil. Theblackdragon had told me once when I was thinking of a combo that Wyvang can't last a second with something like WSF or XF or even GF for Attack. However, as shown with Balro*2 W145WSF, Balro can survive with a plastic tip, and as shown with Balro*2 TR145MF, it can survive on metal tips as well. Balro can also go against something like Revizer Revizer BD145RB/CS(well, we alerady know Balro can go over water against Revizer Revizer BD145RB/CS because it's a testing combo, and we know that testing combos aren't the best)with a little less weight on it.

Anyway, in terms of Attack, I would go with Balro instead of Wyvang because it has less recoil, because it's more compabitle, and also, because it is more easier to obtain. I would also choose Girago if I had to, or if I wanted to.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ingulit - Nov. 16, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  12:16 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: I myself believe that there are some problems with Wyvang, and why I would choose Balro over it in Attack. For number one, I have always depended on Hasbro for most of my equipment, especially in Zero-G, and we all know that the Faces they have are the lightest Stone Faces, ever. We also know that Wyvang won't survive with a SF that light, or with a Bottom without enough friction. Those factors just stated can make someone infer that Wyvang has a bit too much recoil. While Wyvang is an excellent Chrome Wheel, I personally believe that it's so frickin' crazy that can't be used for Attack.

I would definitely use Balro over Wyvang because of it's just enough Smash as well as it's low recoil. Theblackdragon had told me once when I was thinking of a combo that Wyvang can't last a second with something like WSF or XF or even GF for Attack. However, as shown with Balro*2 W145WSF, Balro can survive with a plastic tip, and as shown with Balro*2 TR145MF, it can survive on metal tips as well. Balro can also go against something like Revizer Revizer BD145RB/CS(well, we alerady know Balro can go over water against Revizer Revizer BD145RB/CS because it's a testing combo, and we know that testing combos aren't the best)with a little less weight on it.

Anyway, in terms of Attack, I would go with Balro instead of Wyvang because it has less recoil, because it's more compabitle, and also, because it is more easier to obtain. I would also choose Girago if I had to, or if I wanted to.

The extremely small weight difference of the stone face (>.25g) is almost completely irrelevant when you're talking about Synchroms that are 60+g...

Attackers have always had recoil, and always have needed tips with friction... The only exception I've ever seen is Flash, and even that is exponentially safer to use with Rubber Flat. Wyvang handles its recoil exceptionally well thanks to its obscene weight, and it more than makes up for any recoil it has with its ability to KO nearly everything. If you can't handle recoil, you shouldn't be using attack types to begin with...

What are you hoping to gain by using the uncontrollable XF or GF, or the worst-tip-at-handling-recoil that is WSF, anyway? Some extra stamina with one of the least aerodynamic Synchroms in the game?

Wyvang handles Reviser Reviser BD145(RB/CS) (which is a current top-tier custom, so I have no clue what you're saying about "testing combos") magnitudes better than Balro could even dream of...

I'm not sure what you mean by it being more "compabitle [sic]", and Wyvang is almost exactly as easy to get a hold of as Balro (which is entirely irrelevant to how it performs).

The recommendation of Girago over Wyvang for attack is possibly even more laughable than when someone suggested that Beywheelz has a metagame.

Do you own any of these parts you're talking about, by the way?

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 16, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  2:12 AM)Ingulit Wrote: What are you hoping to gain by using the uncontrollable XF or GF, or the worst-tip-at-handling-recoil that is WSF, anyway? Some extra stamina with one of the least aerodynamic Synchroms in the game?

Well, er, *COUGH* Balro Balro W145WSF! *COUGH*

XD

Ingulit Wrote:Wyvang handles Reviser Reviser BD145(RB/CS) (which is a current top-tier custom, so I have no clue what you're saying about "testing combos") magnitudes better than Balro could even dream of...

I wouldn't say "Magnitudes better than Balro could ever dream of"... Wyvang does have a bit more smash, but Balro can still be a truck of an Attack type if you use it right. Plus, Balro is more versatile against most things, and it has a bunch more stamina, so there are some very good reasons to use it over Wyvang in certain situations.

But, suggesting that Wyvang is useless for Attack is absurd... the thing's a spinning weapon of mass destruction! If you want higher raw power over higher versatility, speed, stamina and lower recoil (which you usually do want against most things if you're a skilled Attack user), then Wyvang buries Balro in its wake.

Wyvang H145R2F is like a freight train. The only real things that can stop it are Girago anti-attack and E230 Defense. It really is kind of scary how much smash you can get out of it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Nov. 18, 2013

Yep, Dark is getting Old!!!
Raleigh NC. November 16th 2013
1st
Thunder Dome
MSF L Revizer Dragoon SA165 RDF
MSF L REvizer Genbull SA165 TB/W2D
MSF M Genbull Dragooon F230 CF
MSF Girago Wyvang SA165 GCF
MSF Wyvang/Genbull Dragooon SA165 GCF

2nd
TheBlackDragon
MSF L Genbull GEnbull E230 CS/TB
MSFL GIrago Dragooon SA165 EWD (Attack Mode)
Genbull Genbull SA165 TB
MF F Duo Cancer SA165 WD

3rd.
Z Cole
MF-H/M Phantom Orion BGrin(Bearing Drive)

RE: Winning Combinations. - MacDuff - Nov. 18, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  3:29 AM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2013  2:12 AM)Ingulit Wrote: What are you hoping to gain by using the uncontrollable XF or GF, or the worst-tip-at-handling-recoil that is WSF, anyway? Some extra stamina with one of the least aerodynamic Synchroms in the game?

Well, er, *COUGH* Balro Balro W145WSF! *COUGH*

XD

Ingulit Wrote:Wyvang handles Reviser Reviser BD145(RB/CS) (which is a current top-tier custom, so I have no clue what you're saying about "testing combos") magnitudes better than Balro could even dream of...

I wouldn't say "Magnitudes better than Balro could ever dream of"... Wyvang does have a bit more smash, but Balro can still be a truck of an Attack type if you use it right. Plus, Balro is more versatile against most things, and it has a bunch more stamina, so there are some very good reasons to use it over Wyvang in certain situations.

But, suggesting that Wyvang is useless for Attack is absurd... the thing's a spinning weapon of mass destruction! If you want higher raw power over higher versatility, speed, stamina and lower recoil (which you usually do want against most things if you're a skilled Attack user), then Wyvang buries Balro in its wake.

Wyvang H145R2F is like a freight train. The only real things that can stop it are Girago anti-attack and E230 Defense. It really is kind of scary how much smash you can get out of it.

Thank you for your support, theblackdragon.

I never did say that Wyvang is useless in Attack, I only said that Balro, IMO is better choice because of it's versatile use. Maybe what I did say seem a bit off, but...because I don't ahave or get a truck load of equipment every single day, I would use Balro because it's more easier to get, meaning that if I get both DX sets for Christmas, I can get two Balros, though only one Wyvang, see how that works.

If I get a lot of MFs, a lot of rubber-attack tips, and 4 Wyvangs, then I will change my mind.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Tri - Nov. 18, 2013

It sucks Thunder Dome had most of those parts he used stolen!

I'd be trying to figure out who did it. It is a mystery

A pretty much uncustomized Orion placed?! Sweet!!

RE: Winning Combinations. - 6 God - Nov. 18, 2013

(Nov. 16, 2013  12:16 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: While Wyvang is an excellent Chrome Wheel, I personally believe that it's so frickin' crazy that can't be used for Attack.

I'm pretty sure you did.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Nov. 18, 2013

(Nov. 18, 2013  11:11 PM)Tri Wrote: It sucks Thunder Dome had most of those parts he used stolen!

I'd be trying to figure out who did it. It is a mystery

A pretty much uncustomized Orion placed?! Sweet!!
Z Cole had an amazing B: D on that Phantom. That came in handy in his (and my) block where there was 5/7 players using Dragooon B: D. That's why using Dragooon Sway worked well for me.

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 18, 2013

(Nov. 18, 2013  11:11 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Thank you for your support, theblackdragon.

I never did say that Wyvang is useless in Attack, I only said that Balro, IMO is better choice because of it's versatile use. Maybe what I did say seem a bit off, but...because I don't ahave or get a truck load of equipment every single day, I would use Balro because it's more easier to get, meaning that if I get both DX sets for Christmas, I can get two Balros, though only one Wyvang, see how that works.

If I get a lot of MFs, a lot of rubber-attack tips, and 4 Wyvangs, then I will change my mind.

Er... I wasn't supporting you. :\ Wyvang is usually a better option than Balro for Attack.

So, you don't actually own Wyvang? Plus, just because something's cheaper doesn't mean it's better. Poison is cheaper than Genbull.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ocean - Nov. 25, 2013

(Nov. 13, 2013  11:35 PM)Ingulit Wrote: There are certainly some customs you COULD solo a tournament with, namely stuff with Wyvang in it in the BB-10 if you're decent at netting KOs. People do solo events with a decent stamina type all the time (which is IMO not a safe choice, but it obviously works sometimes), but if one was hell-bent on winning a tournament with a single custom then I could see someone who is good with a solid attacker or balance custom doing well. As long a custom reacts well to the skill of the blader using it then that blader could overcome people seeing the custom all day.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Wyvang was less expensive I could totally see some Wyvang Wyvang customs soloing tournaments with some regularity. As long as it's being controlled well, outside of E230 it's hard to stop the Wyvang train.

I ALMOST soloed a tourney w/ Duo W145WD. It gave me 4-5 wins. I also used goreim balro S130WSF and Dragooon. ga soloed with bahamida Ifraid.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 27, 2013

DIR EN BEY - 11/16/13 - Standard Format
1st: LMAO - MSF-M Girago Dragooon SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD / MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF / Revizer Killerken E230RSF
2nd: Kei - MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF / MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230GCF / MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD
3rd: JesseObre - Genbull Genbull F230CF

Still waiting for JesseObre to get back to me with a complete list his combos (he doesn't have frequent access to a computer right now), but I figured there was no point in waiting any longer to post what I do have. I'll post an update when I get the rest of Jesse's combos.

I ended up going 7-3 at this tournament. I handed LMAO one of his two losses in my only BeyBattle against him, so I don't feel as bad about coming second haha. However, one of my three losses struck some of us as quite odd: my MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD lost to MidnightLWBO's Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF 3-0 (with one or two ties I believe). We thought it might be my EWD, which I've been using for a long time now (though it isn't really "worn" by any definition), so I switched to a brand new one and we still ended up with basically the same result. Confused

Also LMAO, I'm curious, how did MSF-M Girago Dragooon SA165 (Attack Mode) EWD work for you? Your use of SA165 in Attack Mode is interesting.

RE: Winning Combinations. - *Ginga* - Nov. 27, 2013

haha one of the major points of the combo is that SA165 is in Attack mode.

(Nov. 27, 2013  3:13 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: haha one of the major points of the combo is that SA165 is in Attack mode.

Of course, or else it would just be a generic Synchrom Stamina combo. What I'm wondering is if being in Attack Mode actually helps it most of the time or not.

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 27, 2013

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD-Attack-Mode?pid=1164660#pid1164660

Wink

EDIT: Kei: Dragooon BD145RDF completely runs over anything right-spin unless it's F230 IIRC. I've tried to find something else that can take it down, but it's pretty much impossible. That's why they use it in London so much, LOL. Tongue_out We had unbelievable abuse of Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF at Gladiator's Onslaught a while back (like, we're talking 7/10 matches with the thing in them), and it slaughtered everything except Genbull Dragooon T125GCF.

Ah, sorry ... don't know what happened to my previous post. I re-wrote basically what it said.

(Nov. 27, 2013  7:12 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD-Attack-Mode?pid=1164660#pid1164660

Wink

EDIT: Kei: Dragooon BD145RDF completely runs over anything right-spin unless it's F230 IIRC. I've tried to find something else that can take it down, but it's pretty much impossible. That's why they use it in London so much, LOL. Tongue_out We had unbelievable abuse of Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF at Gladiator's Onslaught a while back (like, we're talking 7/10 matches with the thing in them), and it slaughtered everything except Genbull Dragooon T125GCF.

Thanks. Interesting.

Not in my experience it doesn't. It has good Stamina, but not good enough to beat the best Stamina combos consistently. The same can be said about its predecessor: L Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF. I'll try the same match up again myself with my own parts and see what happens.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ingulit - Nov. 27, 2013

(Nov. 27, 2013  8:19 PM)Kei Wrote: Not in my experience it doesn't. It has good Stamina, but not good enough to beat the best Stamina combos consistently. The same can be said about its predecessor: L Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF. I'll try the same match up again myself with my own parts and see what happens.

Dragooon is such a massive improvement over LDD/LDG in terms of weight distribution and spin stealing ability that the comparison really isn't applicable. LDD/LDG tended to fall over sooner, and thus not spin as long in a spin-steal match. You underestimate the power of Dragooon with a mint RDF my friend, it's really hard to OS with right spin almost regardless of what custom you're using (outside of using RDF or mayyyybe B: D?).

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 28, 2013

(Nov. 27, 2013  9:28 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Dragooon is such a massive improvement over LDD/LDG in terms of weight distribution and spin stealing ability that the comparison really isn't applicable. LDD/LDG tended to fall over sooner, and thus not spin as long in a spin-steal match. You underestimate the power of Dragooon with a mint RDF my friend, it's really hard to OS with right spin almost regardless of what custom you're using (outside of using RDF or mayyyybe B: D?).

I wasn't comparing them; just stating that my experience with Dragooon had been the same as it had been with L Drago Guardian and Destroy. Is a mint RDF that important? Maybe that's the issue; both of mine, while they don't look worn, have been used a lot.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Nov. 28, 2013

(Nov. 28, 2013  12:47 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2013  9:28 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Dragooon is such a massive improvement over LDD/LDG in terms of weight distribution and spin stealing ability that the comparison really isn't applicable. LDD/LDG tended to fall over sooner, and thus not spin as long in a spin-steal match. You underestimate the power of Dragooon with a mint RDF my friend, it's really hard to OS with right spin almost regardless of what custom you're using (outside of using RDF or mayyyybe B: D?).

I wasn't comparing them; just stating that my experience with Dragooon had been the same as it had been with L Drago Guardian and Destroy. Is a mint RDF that important? Maybe that's the issue; both of mine, while they don't look worn, have been used a lot.

MidnightLWBO used my Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF to beat you, and my RDF is pretty worn, but looks almost mint.

It was kinda unexpected that Dragooon would take down Duo in that situation, even with EWD.

Also, JesseObre also used Genbull Dragooon F230GCF to win one match, I believe.