World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Nov. 05, 2013

Guardian Golem? A CRYSTAL wheel?!

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Nov. 05, 2013

No... they clarified that in the event thread. It was Revizer Golem. Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Nov. 05, 2013

Big Bang Pegasus s130wd?!?!?! Wat did that beat?

RE: Winning Combinations. - SwitchBlayder - Nov. 05, 2013

Don't you have to list all combos that won? If this is it than that means tanzam2 only got wins with Duo Bull BD and lost with any other combo, or just used 1 bey the entire tournament.
EDIT: Wow! 1 combo the entire tournament!? And nobody decided to use flash against it? Or even Phantom ___ 85MF lol

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Nov. 05, 2013

I was about to cry hysterically XD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Samuraibeep123 - Nov. 05, 2013

is it too late

RE: Winning Combinations. - The Bishop - Nov. 05, 2013

(Nov. 05, 2013  6:48 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: No... they clarified that in the event thread. It was Revizer Golem. Smile

Fixed, don't know how i messed that twice.

Quote:Big Bang Pegasus s130wd?!?!?! Wat did that beat?

DrakeTheAwesome actually used this combo several times with success in the tournament, although his opponents weren't all using top-tier combos. A little far from it.

(Nov. 05, 2013  7:01 PM)Switchblad3r Wrote: Don't you have to list all combos that won? If this is it than that means tanzam2 only got wins with Duo Bull BD and lost with any other combo, or just used 1 bey the entire tournament.

Tanzam2 Used Duo Bull ALL DAY

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ga' - Nov. 06, 2013

11/2/13 - Halloween's Aftermath - MFB Format
1. Ingulit - MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF, MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F, MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS, Genbull Genbull TH170TB, MSF Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF
2. Zero X - Balro Dragooon SA165/S130R2F, MF-H Death Bull E230CS, MF-M Duo Aquario E230CS, MF-M Duo Aquario SA165WD
3. JE - Duo Aquario F230CF, Killerken Dragooon B:D, Duo Aquario W105WD, Phantom Cygnus SA165TB, Killerken^2 E230TB, Killerken Dragooon 90EWD

Plastics Format
1. Nexus - Driger V2
AR: War Lion
WD:
SG: Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base
2. Ga
AR: Roller Defense Ring
WD: Ten Heavy
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Defenser)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)
CEW Part: Circle Survivor
3. Leone7 - Master Dranzer

Just saying, considering that I was using a SK ripcord, which appears to be slightly shorter than a Hasbro normal ripcord (not a dragon ripcord), I'd say the fact that I advertised this combo beforehand and then only used it is impressive.

Provided that you have the proper equipment unlike me, the plastics combo I used is an absolute monster. I'll leave it to th!nk to provide a full explanation in the near future because it was his brainchild and I just happened to have the parts for it, but this combo is RIDICULOUSLY broken.

Not to put down Nexus' victory, but he beat me using the War Lion + SCB combo because I could not launch hard enough to KO him. This combo is somewhat weak to SCB, but not entirely.
so qed 2nd

man Bahamdia Ifraid is a hell of a combo lol, definitely want to use attack again especially when it's warm enough outside.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Nov. 06, 2013

1ST PLACE NO DRAGOOON! YOU'RE MY HERO INGULIT.

Also no Dragooon F230CF at all. Tongue_out I used it but I switched to attack later on.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DRAGON KING - Nov. 06, 2013

Yay!!! Roller defenser AR was used!!!!!! Wow leone7 got third with a stock beys, good job

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 06, 2013

(Nov. 06, 2013  2:38 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Also no Dragooon F230CF at all. Tongue_out

It's not as "necessary" in Standard Format as it is in Zero-G, so that isn't particularly impressive in itself. What is impressive is Ingulit's wide range of different combo types used.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DefStamina88 - Nov. 06, 2013

(Nov. 06, 2013  2:32 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: 1ST PLACE NO DRAGOOON! YOU'RE MY HERO INGULIT.

That, and also this:

1ST PLACE NO F230CF! YOU'RE MY HERO INGULIT.

(Nov. 06, 2013  2:57 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2013  2:38 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Also no Dragooon F230CF at all. Tongue_out

It's not as "necessary" in Standard Format as it is in Zero-G, so that isn't particularly impressive in itself. What is impressive is Ingulit's wide range of different combo types used.

Fair enough, though it is still pretty potent in BB-10.

As for his wide range of combos, the MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS would not have won had it not been for the ludicrous strength of Ingulit's launch... He OS'ed AZL's Duo W145WD with it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Nov. 06, 2013

Ingulit is my hero since he placed 1st with half of the combos made by myself. That is what amazingness is Serious

I really love the wide range of combos used for the tournament, nice!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 06, 2013

(Nov. 06, 2013  3:01 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Fair enough, though it is still pretty potent in BB-10.

As for his wide range of combos, the MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS would not have won had it not been for the ludicrous strength of Ingulit's launch... He OS'ed AZL's Duo W145WD with it.

Indeed it is, but it's not as much as it is in Zero-G (though I still don't think it's banworthy there, just to clarify).

Hahaha, seriously? I was going to say that he must have been lucky to win with that given how narrowly defined it's uses generally are.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Nov. 06, 2013

(Nov. 06, 2013  1:38 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Plastics Format
1. Nexus - Driger V2
AR: War Lion
WD:
SG: Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base
2. Ga
AR: Roller Defense Ring
WD: Ten Heavy
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Defenser)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)
CEW Part: Circle Survivor
3. Leone7 - Master Dranzer

Just saying, considering that I was using a SK ripcord, which appears to be slightly shorter than a Hasbro normal ripcord (not a dragon ripcord), I'd say the fact that I advertised this combo beforehand and then only used it is impressive.

Provided that you have the proper equipment unlike me, the plastics combo I used is an absolute monster. I'll leave it to th!nk to provide a full explanation in the near future because it was his brainchild and I just happened to have the parts for it, but this combo is RIDICULOUSLY broken.

Not to put down Nexus' victory, but he beat me using the War Lion + SCB combo because I could not launch hard enough to KO him. This combo is somewhat weak to SCB, but not entirely.
so qed 2nd

Just posting to back up what Ga has said here. I tested the combo he used extensively a while back while trying variants of Circle Survivor Defense, basically stumbled on it on a whim and well... Honestly it's pretty broken IMO (roller defenser AR (war lion is the only sub I've found and is noticeably less effective)+10 Heavy provides LAD through inertia and generally much more solid performance against same spin than Circle Survivor Defense is usually capable of, and their small size makes landing solid hits extremely difficult for even the huge-AR'd attack types I use (as well as my mountain hammer circle survivor catapult) and that compactness and overall weight means even that is often not enough to KO it - you basically need Wide Defense (or Wide Survivor and an excellent bearing-using zombie) to beat it with anything resembling reliability - and compared to how relatively easily available the component parts of the combo are, that's pretty crazy). Beating it with SCB is extremely difficult to do as you have to hit a very small sweet spot with weaklaunching so you don't get KO'd or outspun. Shame no one had a spare dragon winder or whatever, but second with a regular ripcord is still very impressive, especially using a type that really needs launch strength to net OS's against same spin opponents.

I don't mean to take away from Nexus's win (having parts and equipment available is a big part of competitive plastics after all), just wanted to put in my 2c about the combo Ga used, seeing as I may or may not have "gently" nudged him towards it to see it get some tournament use and back up my observations. Tongue_out

Also, I really wish someone had caught Ingulit OSing Duo W145WD with Scythe RS on video (unless someone did???), that would be footage worth archiving (and I'm sure Beychannel would love to have something like that).

I was judging another match at the time, sadly I could not videotape the entire thing because I'm coming from a class and only have my phone on me haha.

I have a video of thadthat going full Beyspirit mode for a few seconds and two rounds of an Attack v. Attack match between Zero X and Ingulit where Ingulit pulls one of his comebacks from the brink of a 3-stock0 defeat.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Naijalak - Nov. 10, 2013

Here's the winning combinations from Beysgiving in Simbury, CT this weekend.

1st place - Leviathan Kraken B : D (previously reported as Leviathan Kraken B : D)
2nd place - MF Duo Aquario SA165BWD
3rd place - Orochi Orochi SA165D

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 12, 2013

(Nov. 10, 2013  8:35 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Here's the winning combinations from Beysgiving in Simbury, CT this weekend.

1st place - Leviathan Kraken B : D (previously reported as Leviathan Kraken B : D)
2nd place - MF Duo Aquario SA165BWD
3rd place - Orochi Orochi SA165D

Just to confirm: was this all that the winners used to win battles throughout the entire tournament? Also, you should include the usernames. Thanks!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Naijalak - Nov. 12, 2013

Yup

Charleybey won 1st
UltimiteCrown won 2nd
Dr. Leo got 3rd

I may have seen UltimiteCrown use a different Bey once, but he and UltimiteOrion pretty much used that Duo through the entire tournament.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 12, 2013

(Nov. 12, 2013  3:08 AM)rkalajian Wrote: I may have seen UltimiteCrown use a different Bey once, but he and UltimiteOrion pretty much used that Duo through the entire tournament.

You should ask UltimiteCrown if he won with anything else. Even if he only won once with it, it should be listed.

RE: Winning Combinations. - MattForce - Nov. 12, 2013

(Nov. 12, 2013  8:03 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2013  3:08 AM)rkalajian Wrote: I may have seen UltimiteCrown use a different Bey once, but he and UltimiteOrion pretty much used that Duo through the entire tournament.

You should ask UltimiteCrown if he won with anything else. Even if he only won once with it, it should be listed.

From what I have seen at tournaments Ultimite Crown rarely uses more than one bey in a tournament. Mainly because he is somewhat secretive about his combos

RE: Winning Combinations. - Naijalak - Nov. 12, 2013

Just checked, and he only used the one.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Coach - Nov. 12, 2013

(Nov. 12, 2013  11:25 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Just checked, and he only used the one.
I love that, I remember my first tournament win. It was a double elimination because we had about 30 bladers and I was perfect using only my Flash Capricorn. Beating Panasher, Yuko, and my son twice lol, who finished second. Sometimes bladers think too much and more options simply means more options to out think yourself and lose.