World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ocean - Jul. 21, 2013

Wow, I noticed in this tournament people use death so much.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Jul. 21, 2013

(Jul. 21, 2013  4:19 AM)AZL Wrote: How come in this tournament people use death so much?

They use it against the hordes of people that use Dragooon Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ocean - Jul. 21, 2013

Can't you use Duo for that?

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Jul. 21, 2013

(Jul. 21, 2013  4:23 AM)AZL Wrote: Can't you use Duo for that?

Eh. Duo is more for 0G against Dragooon

RE: Winning Combinations. - RagerBlade - Jul. 21, 2013

Death has more power against Dragooon. Duo could be KO'ed against Dragooon. Death would hold it's ground and occasionally do a KO against Dragooon.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 22, 2013

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 5 - 7/20/13 - Standard Format
1st: LMAO - MF-M Duo Cancer B:D / MF-M Duo Cancer SA165BWD / MSF-H Revizer Revizer E230RB
2nd: JesseObre - Phantom Cancer B:D / MSF-H Killerken Dragooon SA165W2D / MF-F Duo Aquario B:D / MF Diablo Aquario BD145RF
3rd: HeavenKerbecs - Genbull Dragooon D125GCF / MF-L Phantom Aquario AD145WD / MF-M Duo Cancer B:D/SA165BWD

Facing Genbull Dragooon D125GCF was so weird. I lost by outspin against it using MF Genbull Killerken SA165EWD because it was somehow able to knock it off balance, causing it to circle Dragooon off-balance as it sat in the middle of the stadium, eventually toppling over and losing when it wasn't able to start spin equalizing in time. However, I speculated that I would not have had the problem if I was in left-spin, which Jesse later proved to be true when he beat it with the Killerken Dragooon combo you see above.

RE: Winning Combinations. - TimeOut - Jul. 23, 2013

And sorry, standard format still means bb-10, correct? That is a whole lot of b:d if so...

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Jul. 23, 2013

(Jul. 23, 2013  12:58 AM)Time Wrote: And sorry, standard format still means bb-10, correct? That is a whole lot of b:d if so...
Yes standard is BB-10. I'm not to surprised there were many BD.

RE: Winning Combinations. - ShinobuXD - Jul. 23, 2013

Where are the attackers.... MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145 R2F could've swept the tournament.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Jul. 23, 2013

(Jul. 23, 2013  4:34 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Where are the attackers.... MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145 R2F could've swept the tournament.

A thing I've noticed with the Toronto bladers, is that they mostly lean towards using Stamina and Defense, but I've seen Kei use attackers quite sometimes, haha.

I think Kei is the only Toronto blader with 2 Wyvangs (and probably 1234beyblade), so that's why none of us used it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - Jul. 23, 2013

Eh, as far as I know, even Flash could have taken out Duo B:D and Phantom B:D ... It is not a matter of owning the heaviest Attack Chrome Wheels.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 23, 2013

(Jul. 23, 2013  4:34 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Where are the attackers.... MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145 R2F could've swept the tournament.

JesseObre used MF Diablo Aquario BD145RF, if you didn't notice. Also, that is easier said than done haha. If someone was trying to use an attack type to "sweep" the tournament, by the time the finals arrived, all of the finalists would have had something ready to counter it.

(Jul. 23, 2013  4:39 AM)LMAO Wrote: A thing I've noticed with the Toronto bladers, is that they mostly lean towards using Stamina and Defense, but I've seen Kei use attackers quite sometimes, haha.

In some ways that's true, but many Bladers also use Attack: myself (although, I haven't been terribly successful with it over the past two tournaments haha), JesseObre, Pockyx3, and Suntailhawk.

RE: Winning Combinations. - JesseObre - Jul. 24, 2013

I gotta say, I need new parts. This last tournament I was trying to play stamina and defensive. LMAO got the upperhand on me in the final battle. Gotta say need to work up to my potentials. Need to get back up on first! LOL

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Jul. 28, 2013

I just have a quick question...

Why are the top 3 finishers now required to share their combos? I mean, if they came up with it and want to keep it secret, isn't that their decision? And if it's so great, isn't it a little unfair that the rest of the members on the site can just steal other people's ideas withtout putting in the time to test it out?

I don't know about most of you, but the fact that I may have to blurt out my best combo to the entire world might encourage me to throw a match of something. Unhappy

Again, just asking. Very, very sorry if I sounded rude or hostile.

Thanks! Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Jul. 28, 2013

(Jul. 28, 2013  9:29 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: I just have a quick question...

Why are the top 3 finishers now required to share their combos? I mean, if they came up with it and want to keep it secret, isn't that their decision? And if it's so great, isn't it a little unfair that the rest of the members on the site can just steal other people's ideas withtout putting in the time to test it out?

I don't know about most of you, but the fact that I may have to blurt out my best combo to the entire world might encourage me to throw a match of something. Unhappy

Again, just asking. Very, very sorry if I sounded rude or hostile.

Thanks! Smile
I felt the same way, Kai-V told me ot was for the community Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Jul. 28, 2013

Its done to see how each meta and how the game itself is evolving. And besides if a combo is doing extremely well, it won't be long before someone spills the beans on it. A good example would be Ingulits MSF H Revizer Dragooon SA165 EWD. A few of us knew of it before he posted it.

Hmmm... I guess that makes sense... would it be fair to make it a requirement to give credit to the blader that came up with it, though? I mean, if I were to post a testing thread on someone else's combo, wouldn't they rather I metioned them? Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ocean - Jul. 28, 2013

I agree, if they like their combo to themselves then so be it.

IDK :\ I was just wondering why they made it a requirement. I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Jul. 28, 2013

I can kinda see where this is heading, theblackdragon, personally I agree it should not be a requirement but at the same time I don't really care but you should raise your point in the questions and comments about the WBO. Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Jul. 29, 2013

(Jul. 28, 2013  10:26 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: I can kinda see where this is heading, theblackdragon, personally I agree it should not be a requirement but at the same time I don't really care but you should raise your point in the questions and comments about the WBO. Smile

Oops!! You're totally right! Unhappy
My apologies. I wasn't thinking which thread to put it in. Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - ShinobuXD - Jul. 29, 2013

Who's it going to affect, though? If someone has some innovative new combo, uses it at a tourney, and takes first, everyone is going to see it. They'll go home, find counters, or perhaps use it at the next tourney.

Everyone that matters already knows the combo.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 29, 2013

(Jul. 28, 2013  10:10 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Hmmm... I guess that makes sense... would it be fair to make it a requirement to give credit to the blader that came up with it, though? I mean, if I were to post a testing thread on someone else's combo, wouldn't they rather I metioned them? Smile

We had a huge problem with this sort of thing years ago. People were posting combos and claiming that they "invented" them entirely on their own, irrespective of the fact that every combo in Beyblade is derivative by default. And this issue was only compounded by the arrogance of people to start naming these combos things like "Lightning Tank", even though MFB uses a perfectly easy to understand naming system to begin with. We don't want to allow that kind of thing because it only strokes the ego of the "creator".

I'm not saying that you're like that at all–you're much more humble about the combos you post than others were in the past–but it is something we need to be careful about.

(Jul. 29, 2013  1:33 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Who's it going to affect, though? If someone has some innovative new combo, uses it at a tourney, and takes first, everyone is going to see it. They'll go home, find counters, or perhaps use it at the next tourney.

Everyone that matters already knows the combo.

Exactly. By definition, a combo is no longer "secret" after it has been used at a tournament.

RE: Winning Combinations. - [)ragon - Jul. 29, 2013

OK, thanks for the explanation!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Jul. 29, 2013

Crush of the G Force, NC

(Jul. 28, 2013  4:57 PM)stormscorpio1 Wrote: Winning combinations and prizes....
1st place theblackdragon - Duo Cygnus B:D, Reviser Dragoon F230CF, Genbull Genbull SR200TB/E230MB
2nd place FlashFireblaze - Reviser DRagoon B:D
3rd place Wombat - Killerken Dragoon B:D, Killerken Genbull B:D, Balro Wyvang AD145GF, Killerken Genbull 230MB
Quoted from stormscorpio1's post in the actual tournament thread. Also I think FlashFireblaze might have used a Dragooon SA165 combo in the finals against theblacldragon, but that would be something I need to check.