World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - $hinchan! - Jan. 24, 2013

hey coach ya it was official tourney

RE: Winning Combinations. - Coach - Jan. 27, 2013

[Lansing, MI] The Wintery SnowBey Fight: (mfb format)
1st Place: Yuko Ray14, MF-H Diablo Kerbecks 85 rf, Killerken Dragoon B: D/ BD145GF, MF-H Phantom Bull E230 RDF, MF-F Phantom Bull W145 WD
2nd Place: Fang Wolf, Death Wolf W145WD, Flash____(smoked my Dragoon) not sure what all he used
3rd Place: Coach, MF-H Flash Orion ch120rf, MF-H Duo Uranus bd145rb (used for a safe win), MF Phantom Pisces w145D (used for a safe win)

and no, not many zero-g combos were used besides Dragoon combos. which were getting taken out by flashes left and right...

RE: Winning Combinations. - Tri - Jan. 27, 2013

The Death Wolf combo sounds interesting.

There's a lot of ways to defeat Dragooon now, haha. It seems MI has different combos everytime instead of the Dragooon B;D combo everytime like in a lot of tournaments.

RE: Winning Combinations. - ShinobuXD - Jan. 27, 2013

Zero-G or standard? And how did Yuko Ray14 use GF on BD145 and win?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Coach - Jan. 27, 2013

It was MFB format, BB-10s.
Tri, Yeah doing it by the book is no fun for any of us in MI.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Jan. 27, 2013

(Jan. 27, 2013  10:16 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Zero-G or standard? And how did Yuko Ray14 use GF on BD145 and win?
You can push the BD145 disk higher on Synchrome. You can use stuff like GF, XF and WF. Also stuff like WD and EWD.

RE: Winning Combinations. - KainHighwind - Jan. 28, 2013

That sounds good to me, you can light launch against most opponents and hard launch against Flash. I would probably choose SA165 over BD145 but it still seems like it would work in theory. GF is slightly taller than XF.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kevo - Jan. 28, 2013

Wow, so BD145GF isn't really that bad at all. I would really love to see some further tests on that combination.

RE: Winning Combinations. - KainHighwind - Jan. 28, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I've never tried it. However, like I said, it seems good in theory.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Meow! - Jan. 28, 2013

It's pretty good. For me, it rarely scrapes. It's more a matter of preference when deciding tracks <145 on GF. BD145 adds weight, lowers speed, but makes stalling easier and much more consistent. If you have some difficulties getting GF to stall BD145 could be a really nice option for you. I personally prefer something a bit faster and more flexible.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kevo - Jan. 28, 2013

(Jan. 28, 2013  1:30 AM)Meow! Wrote: It's pretty good. For me, it rarely scrapes. It's more a matter of preference when deciding tracks <145 on GF. BD145 adds weight, lowers speed, but makes stalling easier and much more consistent. If you have some difficulties getting GF to stall BD145 could be a really nice option for you. I personally prefer something a bit faster and more flexible.
Well I really think it has high potential. Hopefully I can get my hands on Gladiator Bahamdia soon.

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Jan. 28, 2013

(Jan. 27, 2013  9:47 PM)Coach Wrote: [Lansing, MI] The Wintery SnowBey Fight: (mfb format)
1st Place: Yuko Ray14, MF-H Diablo Kerbecks 85 rf, Killerken Dragoon B: D/ BD145GF, MF-H Phantom Bull E230 RDF, MF-F Phantom Bull W145 WD
2nd Place: Fang Wolf, Death Wolf W145WD, Flash____(smoked my Dragoon) not sure what all he used
3rd Place: Coach, MF-H Flash Orion ch120rf, MF-H Duo Uranus bd145rb (used for a safe win), MF Phantom Pisces w145D (used for a safe win)

and no, not many zero-g combos were used besides Dragoon combos. which were getting taken out by flashes left and right...

I LOVE these combos! This goes back to being against the norm Grin
The Death Wolf sure is odd though, I'll have to test it Grin

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Jan. 28, 2013

I don't see what's so odd about the Death combo... Asides from the Clear Wheel being Wolf, the rest makes it a standard counter to spin-stealers/equalizers (which didn't seem to thrive at this event).

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Jan. 29, 2013

(Jan. 28, 2013  3:23 PM)Insomniac Wrote: I don't see what's so odd about the Death combo... Asides from the Clear Wheel being Wolf, the rest makes it a standard counter to spin-stealers/equalizers (which didn't seem to thrive at this event).

He didn't wolf to counter spin stealers, my brother is known to make odd yet usable combos

RE: Winning Combinations. - Coach - Jan. 29, 2013

(Jan. 29, 2013  2:38 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2013  3:23 PM)Insomniac Wrote: I don't see what's so odd about the Death combo... Asides from the Clear Wheel being Wolf, the rest makes it a standard counter to spin-stealers/equalizers (which didn't seem to thrive at this event).

He didn't wolf to counter spin stealers, my brother is known to make odd yet usable combos

He was refering to the Death wheel, even though that wasn't Fangs intent, its a fairly common use for Death as a stamina/counter combo

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ingulit - Jan. 29, 2013

(Jan. 27, 2013  9:47 PM)Coach Wrote: [Lansing, MI] The Wintery SnowBey Fight: (mfb format)

I like Yuko's unconventional customs, and it's neat to see him win with them!

Dat low-track anti-attack Diablo combo, me gusta :d

BD145GF, it's already been touched on and I know very well how it works but that's still hilarious. I can really see that being effective for spin stealing, so kudos to Yuko for giving it a whirl.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Jan. 29, 2013

(Jan. 29, 2013  3:50 AM)Ingulit Wrote:

I like Yuko's unconventional customs, and it's neat to see him win with them!

Dat low-track anti-attack Diablo combo, me gusta :d

BD145GF, it's already been touched on and I know very well how it works but that's still hilarious. I can really see that being effective for spin stealing, so kudos to Yuko for giving it a whirl.
Ha, thanks I do like the bd145 + gf combo gf is still hard for me to control ecpecially with my new launcher but the combined weight slows it down for me.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Feb. 01, 2013

(Jan. 27, 2013  9:47 PM)Coach Wrote: and no, not many zero-g combos were used besides Dragoon combos. which were getting taken out by flashes left and right...

No defensive ZERO-G-based combos?

Yuko Ray: What made you choose 85 for your Diablo combo as opposed to something like BD145?

RE: Winning Combinations. - DrPepsidew - Feb. 01, 2013

(Feb. 01, 2013  4:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2013  9:47 PM)Coach Wrote: and no, not many zero-g combos were used besides Dragoon combos. which were getting taken out by flashes left and right...

No defensive ZERO-G-based combos?

Yuko Ray: What made you choose 85 for your Diablo combo as opposed to something like BD145?
I was thinking the same thing, why no defense >Unhappy But I would think 85 is too risky, I'd most likely go with a 105 Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Feb. 01, 2013

@ Kei I chose 85 because I love the upper smash it provides, it can even get under a BD145 defense type if its tip somewhat aggressive IE. RSF, RDF, RB

RE: Winning Combinations. - Real Madrid - Feb. 02, 2013

I like that combo better with CH120 R2F. It is quite effective against Diablo Kerbecs BD145MF/RF/R2F, and Flash of course. And IIRC, I beat Phantom 230MB with that combo too (CH145" mode) at Bey Bash: The Next Step when I got 1st place. This combo also got me 3rd place at Bey Bash: Anniversary. The specific combo is MF-L Diablo Kerbecs CH120R2F.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Feb. 02, 2013

Why MF-F? An anti-attack uses MF-H or a MF although I do like your CH120 idea.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Feb. 03, 2013

CH120 is a decent idea, but I prefer BD145 because of the size and weight it provides. In general, this is more important for Diablo than having the best height match up, in my opinion.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Yuko Ray14 - Feb. 03, 2013

My 85 combo can also destabilize flash combos by getting under them it's very effective

RE: Winning Combinations. - Real Madrid - Feb. 03, 2013

(Feb. 02, 2013  2:28 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Why MF-F? An anti-attack uses MF-H or a MF although I do like your CH120 idea.

You mean MF-L? I forgot exactly why. But I do remember that I did a few tests & MF-L is my favorite choice.

(Feb. 03, 2013  12:35 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: My 85 combo can also destabilize flash combos by getting under them it's very effective

Mine too =D