World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Galaxy - Jul. 23, 2012

I've used one of my favourite Beyblade during the Plastic event (slightly modified), and one of my favourite HMS ever!
I'm talking about:

1) Driger V2 with a Wide Defence and a Heavy Metal Core. 1st Place!!
2) Wolborg MS. 3rd Place!!

Ah, I love so much both of them <3

RE: Winning Combinations. - lord Wolfblade - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 23, 2012  1:19 AM)Kei Wrote: lord Wolfblade used an uncustomized Wolborg MS as well as:

AR: Advance Attacker (Upper Mode)
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Metal Weight Flat Core

im not sure exactly if that is the right weight disk.. as i borrowed it from majinshadow.. who borrowed it from blue IIRC

and fixed.. was Metal Weight Flat Core, not Metal Flat Core

RE: Winning Combinations. - Cye Kinomiya - Jul. 23, 2012

I placed first at both tournaments with these.
Plastics:
AR: Twin Horn
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left Double Bearing Version
SP: Survivor Ring
BB: Customize Grip

AR: Wing Cross
SG: Neo Right Double Bearing Version
SP: Cross Survivor
BB: Customize Grip

AR: Twin Horn
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left MG (North Core)
BB: SG Metal Ball w/ 4 balls

AR: Circle Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Bearing Core

AR: Jiraiya Blade
RC: Rubber Weight Core

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Jul. 23, 2012

For the first two combos, do you mean customize bearing? Using double bearing core in customize grip is an odd choice, and I've certainly never had any luck with it.

I'll respond to some of the other combos when I've had some proper sleep.

Kei: g upper hey? Stiiilllll think an HMC is overkill personally :p
As for bc2 losing, happens with mine too. Not sure if it's a faulty bearing or something.

Galaxy: what other combos placed?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ga' - Jul. 23, 2012

Interesting HMS, Cye.

The Circle Upper+Bearing Core is standard. Is it Mold 1 or 2 though? I guess Circle Upper would help defeat things like Magic Ape+RWC. And then I'd assume you use Jiraiya Blade on top of RWC to add extra attack power for when it's wobbling if you faced something like Wolborg MS?

Cye, do you know what the other winners' HMS combos were?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 23, 2012  2:12 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: AR: Jiraiya Blade
RC: Rubber Weight Core

What was the idea behind this one? What did it beat?

edit: th!nk, I agree about the HMC. To be honest, it was already put together with Eight Spiker, so I just swapped it out for G Upper, and didn't even think about the HMC. I was more concerned with getting the tournament started.

I don't get how you've had bad luck with customize grip.
Kei: I used it against a Wolborg MS. Basically, I no longer have MAMS and Jiraiya Blade was the coolest looking AR that was loose in my bag.

Gets knocked over and scrapes itself out of stamina and doesn't keep the tip stable (the best strength of Double Bearing Core is its outstanding stability which allows it to steal spin at maximum efficiency for longer as it isn't tilted and therefore wasting spin that is pushing it downwards instead of around). It also has a much poorer shape than the base that BK comes with, which is the second best conventional zombie base in terms of LAD (Given the right support part) after Wolborg 2's (Spiral Change Base being the king of LAD but having certain usability issues which I'm sure you're aware of).

I used CGB in the hope it would provide some amount of self righting but in the end it just didn't work out at all. Currently I use wolborg 2's base for the increased LAD, though it's only really necessary against opposing right spin zombies (and there, MDBS's shaft in wolborg's SG and Wolborg 2's base has a good chance of beating you unless you are lucky and it gets caught under the Double bearing core combo and scrapes past the point it can recover through spin steal and LAD). It does seem to add a little more reliability against Wolborg 4 combos though, which are the main reason I use DBC over MDBS's shaft, as wolborg 4 preys on the poorer stability of that shaft.

@Ga'Hooleone: it was second mold. And no, Circle Upper doesnt help to beat RWC. I can't remember the combos they used.

RE: Winning Combinations. - ashton pinto - Jul. 23, 2012

July 22 - Mumbai, India: Return of Bit-Beasts
So, the results:
For both formats we coincidently had the same winners with the same positions.
3rd Place gameboysuperman
Plastic combo:
AR: Dranzer F
SG: Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Core
HMS Combo:
AR. Driger MS
Balance CWD
RC:Flat Core
And for final,
AR: Metal Saucer
Balance CWD
2nd Place Ashton pinto
For Plastics:
AR: Triple Tiger
WD: 10 Wide
BB: First Clutch base Dragoon G ver.
SG: Right EG
For HMS:
AR: Adv. Guardian
WD: CWD Needle Attacker
RC: Manual Change Core
1st Place N0body
For Plastics:
AR: Driger V2
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right(Magnacore)
SP: Upper Attack
BB: Custimze Change Base
AR: Dragoon G
SG: Neo Left(MG)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2
For HMS:
DEMS with Wide and Heavy CWDs

RE: Winning Combinations. - Crimson - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 23, 2012  1:19 AM)Kei Wrote: AR: Wing Cross
WD: Ten Balance (I believe)
SG: Right Spin Gear
BB: SG Semi-Flat Base

+ a Wide Defense variant later in the tournament. She also used:

I used a 10 Heavy + HMC in this combo.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ultra - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 23, 2012  1:19 AM)Kei Wrote: PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 2
1st: Kei
2nd: Crimson
3rd: Pockyx3

(Jul. 18, 2011  7:29 PM)Kei Wrote: Placed first in PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 2 with:

AR: Tiger Defense
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)

I ♥ Wolborg 4.

Fixed. Tongue_out There were a number of close calls, but somehow I went undefeated (8-0, I believe) with this combo (and a Wide Survivor variant).

Crimson who placed second mainly used this combo:

AR: Wing Cross
WD: Ten Balance (I believe)
SG: Right Spin Gear
BB: SG Semi-Flat Base

+ a Wide Defense variant later in the tournament. She also used:

AR: G Upper
SG: Neo Left SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

Which I gave her for a match against Pockyx3, haha. I was saving it for the finals, but didn't get a chance to use it.

Pockyx3, who placed third, used an uncustomized Driger V2 for most of his battles, as well as 10bBistool for one or two. Also, somehow Pocky went undefeated (5-0) in his block with Driger V2, yet JesseObre, who was also using it, went 0-5 lol.

HMS' NOT DEAD! 2
1st: lord Wolfblade
2nd: ktani
3rd: Blue

Can't remember these combos too well, but I'll do my best:

lord Wolfblade used an uncustomized Wolborg MS as well as:

AR: Advance Attacker (Upper Mode)
RC: Metal Weight Flat Core

He may have used some other combos too, I'm not sure.

ktani used:

AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD ???
RC: Metal Flat Core

Blue used, from what I saw:

AR: Circle Upper
WD: CWD Defense Ring
RC: Metal Weight Grip Core

I need to start considering MWGC more in the future. Though Blue ran into some bad luck towards the end of the tournament which caused him to slide down into 3rd Place, he did really well with it prior to that in the finals and in his block play. He also used an Advance Survivor + Bearing Core 2 combo, but somehow lost that match to ktani's Samurai Upper combo. Not sure if there was anything else. I'll ask everyone to check this list over to see if I've made any mistakes.

This post should be a reminder to us all why the MFB naming system should be appreciated haha.

Quite surprised at Crimson doing so well with SG Semi Flat. It really sucks. Compacts which use SG Semi Flat rarely win much.

Ehh, it definitely fares worse in comparison to the other compact bases but like any compact it does really well against less competitive stuff across the board.
I was a little puzzled at first, but from the other combinations mentioned and given their places, I'm not too surprised that it placed second.

@th!nk: Hello! Well, the other combos that placed in our Plastic event were:

2nd
AR: Master Dragoon
WD: Heavy (but I dunno which one Confused)
SG: a standard SG, but the owner changed from R to L, so I don't know with which one he placed xD
BB: Metal Change Base

3rd
AR: Mountain Hammer
WD: 8 Heavy
SG: Neo Right+HMC
BB: Metal Ball

In our HMS event

I placed 3rd with a Wolborg MS uncustomized, then

1st
AR: Circle Upper (Death Gargoyle MS)
WD: Maybe the one that comes with DEMS, that should be the Circle Heavy (I don't remember, sorry)
RC: Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode (Dragoon MS UV)

2nd
Dragoon MS uncustumized!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Ultra - Jul. 23, 2012

Metal Base? What's that? Again i'm surprised the 3rd place did so well since Mountain Hammer has a lot of recoil.

(Jul. 23, 2012  7:08 PM)Ultra Wrote: Metal Base? What's that? Again i'm surprised the 3rd place did so well since Mountain Hammer has a lot of recoil.

Metal Ball, sorry.. haha!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Jul. 23, 2012

I don't quite remember the combos from the plastics or MFB events, but these were the ones that won the HMS tournament at The Triple Threat:

1st Place - Tech
AR: Wolf Crusher

2nd Place - ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
AR: Jiraiya Blade
RC: Metal Semi-Flat Core
&
RC: Bearing Core 2

3rd Place - Arupaeo
AR: Samurai Upper
RC: Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode

4th Place - (Billy)
AR: Seagon Attacker
RC: Flat Core

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 23, 2012

(Jul. 23, 2012  2:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: Ehh, it definitely fares worse in comparison to the other compact bases but like any compact it does really well against less competitive stuff across the board.

Exactly. You have to remember that most Bladers in that tournament were new to Plastics and were also borrowing parts.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Jul. 24, 2012

Exactly, I imagine playing plastics for the first time is just like playing beyblade for the first time all over again, haha.

I'm kinda sad I didn't get my tournament up and running, would've been nice to have some tournament justification for some of the newer concepts I've stumbled upon for plastics (particularly Customize Metal Change for weight defense, seeing as I likely would've leaned on that with my EZ Shooter Power Custom most of the day).
Oh well, I'll have to get something together soon.

@Angryface: Wait, Arupaeo only placed third with that? That's my best HMS combo O_O

RE: Winning Combinations. - Clue - Jul. 24, 2012

(Jul. 24, 2012  9:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: @Angryface: Wait, Arupaeo only placed third with that? That's my best HMS combo O_O
I would like to know how that happened also since i left before the finals. I was watching him destroy everyone with that combo, he 3-0d me with it lol.

Also i placed 1st in The Triple Threat plastics tournament with:
AR: Triple wing
WD: 10 Balance
SG: ® Metal Semi Flat
BB: First Clutch

I also placed 2nd in the MFB tournament using:
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145 RF, MF-H Duo Aquario 230 MB and MSF-H Killerken Killerken E230 CS

RE: Winning Combinations. - Cye Kinomiya - Jul. 24, 2012

Someone probably switched to left spin.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Jul. 24, 2012

Samurai Upper on GFC (UM) has enough smash to KO everything left spin I've tried it against (and even with upper attack being less effective against opposite spin it still manages to send stuff soaring, and weak launching just makes you weaker to its upper attack) and maybe I have a faulty BC2 but with a circle heavy on BC2 and the circle wide from takara draciel ms on the samurai upper/GFC(UM) combo, GFC(UM) manages to win by OS, and that's using AR's with better stamina than jiraiya blade...

RE: Winning Combinations. - Cye Kinomiya - Jul. 25, 2012

Why Circle Heavy?

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Jul. 25, 2012

That was the combination used there, no? I don't remember why I ended up trying that out myself, perhaps it's mentioned on the HMS Competitive Combos list thread and I figured "what the hey". Had the same thing occur with the 17g cwd piece, though my best defensive cwd plastic part right now is jiraiya MS's lol (I mean, it's not too bad but it's definitely not too good).

Using Circle Wide instead just got the BC2 combo KO'd no matter what I did with it. I don't fully remember what AR I was using though, I think I tried both Circle Upper (mold 2) and Advance Averazer's AR, but working out what to use for defense in HMS with only one GFC (UM) you don't want to wear down and no regular GFC's is quite a pain.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Jul. 26, 2012

I know im a bit late for posting this. But results for the NC Plastic tourney are as followed: