World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 13, 2012

(Apr. 13, 2012  5:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: @BeyHyperKiller: Always trust your gut in a situation like that. Whoever told you not to use it deserves a good slap - especially if you were going to use B:D instead which is, from what I've seen, worse against absolutely everything, regardless of mold.
Was that a mistake, or...? Because i first put together, to use, MF-H Duo Cancer 230 MB, and then someone told me to use MF-H Duo Cancer B:D, so i changed.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 13, 2012

No, I think you just misread it.

If someone actually told you to use B: D, it should have been a sign to ignore them completely forever.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Arupaeo - Apr. 13, 2012

And yet there are people taking down tournaments with BGrin combos. Is it your position that 230 > BGrin in all cases for all combos?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Coach - Apr. 13, 2012

Our last tournament had two bladers using the B: D and they did very well was part of our 3rd place tie drama, and Diablos took the top 3 spot where Flashes failed. Yet all I hear is how good Flash is, and how bad Diablo is lol...

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 13, 2012

In most cases. 170 is a pretty terrible height, and bearings are nothing special in same spin battles. MF-H Duo 230mb isn't just any 230 combo though, it's an absolutely incredible combo all around. The new duo article has a description of it, as does Uwik's thread.

Someone did mention some tests in which a b: d did actually outspin some notable opponents, but I never managed to find them. Even if so, most b: d's don't.

So yeah I prefer 230, unless I've missed something (b: d was released when I was on hiatus, after all.)

As for tournament wins, it seems to be more opponent based, but I want to hear more about exactly what happened at those tourneys.

Klaus: what you hear is based on testing. Tournament performance doesn't always match up perfectly. What did each blader face, how worn were the flash wheels, what exact combinations did they all use, etc etc.

If any of this makes no sense, it's because I'm drifting off.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 13, 2012

230 combos seem to OS my 7 Min mold of B:D. Where as, i find my 7 min mold of B:D seems to OS TH170. So, like i have said many times, i find 230 better than TH170, in fact, most people in the UK do.

I used B:D three times, only because i battled Control_ twice when he was using MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 MF, and i won both times. The other time you all know about, someone told me to use it, i lost.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hell Kid - Apr. 13, 2012

Just to clear stuff up, I used WD because I suspected certain opponents would use spin equalizers, obviously I was wrong which cost me my match against 'Technology.'

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 14, 2012

(Apr. 13, 2012  9:34 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: 230 combos seem to OS my 7 Min mold of BGrin. Where as, i find my 7 min mold of BGrin seems to OS TH170. So, like i have said many times, i find 230 better than TH170, in fact, most people in the UK do.

I used BGrin three times, only because i battled Control_ twice when he was using MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 MF, and i won both times. The other time you all know about, someone told me to use it, i lost.

Don't you have weird rattling and aggressiveness issues with your TH170 though? Also, height matchups are the whole point of TH170, so I guess it also depends what height you use, which depends on the wheels and so on.
I'm still yet to find a combination where 230 outperforms TH170 other than MF-H Duo 230MB, for obvious reasons. I wouldn't have used TH170 at my tournament last year if I had any doubt as to its superiority.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 14, 2012

No, sometimes my CS's go aggro on TH220, due to rattling/shaking.

Also MF-H Phantom TH170 D used to dominate UK meta, until Hell Kid founded MF-H Phantom 230 CS, it beats it like 80% of the time. Also against Technology (Previously Drew Peacock), when he used MF-H Phantom Hades TH170 D, i used MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 D, i won 3-2, his 2 wins were by KO, my 3 were from OS. So for us, 230 > TH170.

What height did you use TH170 at, and what height is it generally used at against 230 combos in the UK?

As for your match, he's not using Cancer, I don't know how hades does on phantom, but we both know what happens when you don't use the right CW on it, don't we? Smile

I've always been able to beat 230 with TH170, in otherwise mirrored matches.

I have never used a TH170 in a mirror match against 230.

I'm not sure, people just change the height every round for no apparent reason against 230, but i think, against 230, the favorite height is 220.

Yes, we do. Wink I have never tested Hades on Phantom, but Hell Kid uses MF-H Phantom Hades BD145 EDS, so it is the second person i have seen using Hades on Phantom. No idea how it does in mirror matches though.

In the UK, the only real thing that can beat 230 (Well atleast Phantom 230 CS and Duo 230 MB) is Attack, and a good mold of Duo when it is used in Duo AD145 CS. Pure stamina can't seem to beat it.

If they're changing the height every round, that's probably why it loses, 220 is the best choice by far, and in my testing has always reliably beaten 230.

As for Phantom 230CS, MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB mah boi

RE: Winning Combinations. - Primal - Apr. 14, 2012

I can say that Hades does pretty well on Phantom; just short of Cygnus and Cancer. Smile

AD145CS? Kind of unusual coming from the Georgia/US metagame, but I'm guessing it's a defense/stamina hybrid? I'll have to try it out sometime.

(Apr. 14, 2012  3:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: As for Phantom 230CS, MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB mah boi
QFT

I actually think Technology (Drew Peacock) used 170 in the 1st round, 195 in the 2nd and 3rd, and 220 in the rest against me.

Primal could you do a bit of comparison testing with Phantom Hades/Cancer and PM it to me and Th!nk?

I'm not sure any AD145 CS combo will do well, only Duo AD145 CS has proved it self so far as a good defense/stamina hybrid. Blitz used it to help him win March of the Bladers 2 and Hell Kid used it to help him win Super Spring Smash.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Primal - Apr. 15, 2012

I'll do some official testing later today.

REDEMPTION:
1st: Ozerec (MF-H Flash Orion GB145RF, MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB, MF-F Phantom Gasher TH170D)
2nd: KaotiK (MF-H Duo Sagittario II BD145CS, MF-H Flash Pegasis III CH120(?)RF/R2F, L Drago Guardian S130XF, Wing Pegasis 90WF, probably more.)
3rd: Primal (MF-H Duo Cygnus 230MB, Duo Hades AD145WD, MF-H Flash Orion S130R2F)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Apr. 15, 2012

Hmm Duo230MB really is good huh? I used DuoTH170MB last MD tournament, went on a streak but had to leave early Tired;. And Orion with Flash? Hmm, intersting; I guess Flash goes with any kind of CW eh?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Byerg - Apr. 15, 2012

(Apr. 15, 2012  1:46 PM)Primal Wrote: I'll do some official testing later today.

REDEMPTION:
1st: Ozerec (MF-H Flash Orion GB145RF, MF-L Duo Aquario 230MB, MF-F Phantom Gasher TH170D)
2nd: KaotiK (MF-H Duo Sagittario II BD145CS, MF-H Flash Pegasis III CH120(?)RF/R2F, L-Drago Guardian S130XF, Wing Pegasis 90WF, probably more.)
3rd: Primal (MF-H Duo Cygnus 230MB, Duo Hades AD145WD, MF-H Flash Orion S130R2F)
Fixed a few things.
And no, J o n, check the Flash Discussion thread. th!nk graciously did some testing (I guess you could call it that, haha) on the best CWs for Flash. Orion was one of the top so we used it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Primal - Apr. 15, 2012

(Apr. 15, 2012  1:50 PM)J o n Wrote: Hmm Duo230MB really is good huh? I used DuoTH170MB last MD tournament, went on a streak but had to leave early Tired;. And Orion with Flash? Hmm, intersting; I guess Flash goes with any kind of CW eh?

Yeah, ever since Uwik introduced it, it's gotten really popular. I've got a feeling we'll see it a lot more, haha.

Not all CWs go with it; Orion is one of the better ones though. There's a list somewhere in the Flash discussion thread.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Byerg - Apr. 15, 2012

KaotiK used MF-H Flash Pegasis III S130RF.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Apr. 16, 2012

Spring-Break Fallout:

1st Place: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) (MF-H VariAres BD145R²F, MF-H Flash Orion S130R²F/MF, MF Diablo Kerbecs BD145R²F, MF Duo Uranus TH170CS/D/SD, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RSF)

2nd Place: Bazooka (MF-H VariAres CH120/230RF, MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS)

3rd Place: Dark_Mousy (MF-H Flash Pisces H145RF/WF/MF, MF-H Duo Aquario AD145WD, MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS/RSF, MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Byerg - Apr. 16, 2012

What were the matchups in the finals? Bazooka's combos just seem pretty outclassed compared to Dark's XD
So I'm curious Cute

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Apr. 16, 2012

(Apr. 16, 2012  12:42 AM)Ozerec Wrote: What were the matchups in the finals? Bazooka's combos just seem pretty outclassed compared to Dark's XD
So I'm curious Cute

We actually had to do the finals 3 different times because of ties. I used flash H145 RF alot. And Mainly used MF H Duo Aquario AD145 WD. In the last finals i was tired and hungry so i switched to Metal Flat for the LOL of it. We all agreed to use attack types for the final finals. If i had used RF i would've won. I actually had the most match wins of the day.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Apr. 16, 2012

There were too many finals! We had to break the tie three times as we kept beating each other, and by the time we got to the fourth round of the finals, everyone was tired and wanted to get the thing over with, so we all went
Attack at the end.

I don't really remember all of the combo's Bazooka used, but I know he used MF-H VariAres CH120RF and MF-H Phantom BGrin in the finals. He used his Vari against Dark's Phantom, his Phantom against my Vari, and his Vari against my Diablo. He used Basalt for the majority of the tournament until the finals. I'm sure Bazooka must've used a Duo combo in the finals, but I must have either missed the match or just don't remember the combo at all.

EDIT: Beaten by Dark, and by quite some time... LOL.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Apr. 16, 2012

(Apr. 16, 2012  12:54 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: There were too many finals! We had to break the tie three times as we kept beating each other, and by the time we got to the fourth round of the finals, everyone was tired and wanted to get the thing over with, so we all went
Attack at the end.

I don't really remember all of the combo's Bazooka used, but I know he used MF-H VariAres CH120RF and MF-H Phantom BGrin in the finals. He used his Vari against Dark's Phantom, his Phantom against my Vari, and his Vari against my Diablo. He used Basalt for the majority of the tournament until the finals. I'm sure Bazooka must've used a Duo combo in the finals, but I must have either missed the match or just don't remember the combo at all.

EDIT: Beaten by Dark, and by quite some time... LOL.

He didnt use duo i think. And i just went easy on everyone come end of the day. I just wanted to get some food. And there were several distractions outside the shop besides the guy on the banjo

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 16, 2012

(Apr. 16, 2012  12:48 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: We actually had to do the finals 3 different times because of ties. I used flash H145 RF alot. And Mainly used MF H Duo Aquario AD145 WD. In the last finals i was tired and hungry so i switched to Metal Flat for the LOL of it. We all agreed to use attack types for the final finals. If i had used RF i would've won. I actually had the most match wins of the day.

(Apr. 16, 2012  1:01 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: He didnt use duo i think. And i just went easy on everyone come end of the day. I just wanted to get some food. And there were several distractions outside the shop besides the guy on the banjo

C'mon now, don't be like that. A win is a win.