World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Justaway - Apr. 07, 2012

He used it with the Normal Right EG(Metal Semi-flat) he initially used it with Driger G's base(i.e. uncustomized Driger G) but later Driger G's base was damaged and then he switched to Draciel G's base.. and thats when he started winning(before I stopped him XD)

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 07, 2012

Ah, that makes a little more sense, EG Metal Ball skips over the tornado ridge way too easily, so yeah.
Still quite odd from what I've heard about troubles KOing it but yeah.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Apr. 07, 2012

The problem- No one probably managed to reach the height of his bey very well.
Also, I don't know why, but Driger G's AR grinded away a lot of the opponent's Stamina, and hence it became very tough to beat...

RE: Winning Combinations. - Justaway - Apr. 07, 2012

Or rather it force smashed the opponent rather than doing an upper attack.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 07, 2012

Being taller in plastics is in most cases a disadvantage though. Quite odd that triple tiger was grinding opponents down though, its stamina is nothing to write home about...

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Apr. 07, 2012

As I had expected, and as I had mentioned in plastics q&a, I was pretty worried to play against EG, as they pressed down on lower combos pretty heavily...
If possible, may someone check the lower portion of Driger G's AR, to see if there is some feature which grinds into opponents?

RE: Winning Combinations. - ashton pinto - Apr. 08, 2012

(Apr. 07, 2012  11:19 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: 3rd place- Ashton- Diablo Nemesis CH120HF/Earth Horogium AD145WD
@ JSB i used gasher clear wheel not horogium........ and MF diablo nemesis CH120 HF just EDIT and update your post SmileTongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Justaway - Apr. 09, 2012

The results of Wrath of the Dragoon:
1st- N0body
Combos used-
1. Driger V2 upgraded combo
AR-Upper Claw
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Neo Right MG
SP: Upper Attack
BB: Customize Change Base

2. th!nk's War Bear Dragon Breaker combo
AR: Dragon Breaker
S-AR: War Bear
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left MG
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

3. A left-spin attacker:
AR: Eight Spoiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left MG
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

2nd-raystriker9
He only used one combo throughout and was awesome with it:
AR: Flame Wing
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Left SG
BB: Spiral Change Base
He even managed to defeat an aggressive Driger V2 combo and a Driger G attacker in the event. Seriously, he rocks with Spiral Change base. If it wasn't for the left-spin combos I had, he would have won it.

3rd-BladingSpirit5
He used two combos:
1. My Driger V2 custom(only once against raystriker9)
2. A right spin attacker
AR: Triple Tiger
WD: 10/8 Wide
SG: Right SG
BB: Fantom Grip Base(he used Customize Grip base i one battle but he lost that battle so he did not use CGB again.)

We also had an uncustomized Metal Dranzer beating up everyone except the top 3 and an uncustomized Seaborg defeating 10-b Driger S(that combo used Tiger Defenser instead of Wing Cross) and most other combos in the event.
But I must say, after the event, everyone wanted to get into plastics and they enjoyed it a lot because no one lost all their battles and everyone had an equal chance.
raystriker9 was awesome with Spiral Change base.
There was a battle in the finals between me and BladingSpirit5 where his Triple Tiger Custom was KOed almost 15 feet away by the Driger V2 combo and the Driger V2 combo broke apart in the stadium(later I saw that its bitchip had broken and other parts were intact). That was the best moment in the whole event.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Apr. 09, 2012

Bit Chip broken, or just removed? Man, yours is the rare Driger V2 Red recolor which Zain is selling in his shop... I hope it ain't damaged.

VARI NICE! Eee
I wonder why you guys kept us waiting for SOOO long!
But well, awesome!

And hey, that Driger V2 combo of yours was used by your sister against all of us in Mumbai, no?

Whatever 'tis, you seemingly devastated everyone in both cities with your plastics!
What about MFB, though?

Your avi...... GRASS CUTTER YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.. Vari never lost in the Bangalore event whenever I used it.. The reson is even more surprising.. It was due to L3R.. I kept showing L3R to BS5 after every win of mine using Variares.. But yeah I did not use it against BladingSpirit5.

But the Spiral Change Base combo used by raystriker was awesome.. it defeated everything sans Grass Cutter th!nk's combo and the left spin attacker but I am to blame for that because I asked him to launch it weakly but I forgot to tell him to do it only against right-spin beys or else I would have been second.

The first time we had finals, all ended wioth one win each.. in the second round(or rather tie-breaker) GRASS CUTTER th!nk's combo devastated everything else..

Oh, so the finals there, weren't as amazing as the Mumbai ones(Cool), which were extremely tense, as they all needed a tie breaker post a 2-2 tie; and all three of us(you, me and ashton) were shivering while launching.

Aaand, you used VariAres with an L3R?! And you defeated everyone there?! What happened to you in Mumbai, then? Were you actually practicing the use of attackers in the airplane, that your control over attack became awesome overnight? XD
But it certainly is weird... You do control attackers well, but things go wrong only at the tourney, haha!

As for raystriker using your Zombie, it certainly is commendable! Should you have used it throughout the Mumbai tourney, you would have won quite easily(you did win anyway, but well...). That certainly was a very strong combo.
Also, weak launching is perfect for that. It did make it more dangerous when launched weakly...
Technically, the weak launch should have helped defeat even Attackers. But your Dragon Breaker combo was too fast and destructive (even suicidal at times) for anything... Sooo...

And moreover it was left spin so weak launching just drained the LAD of SCB. And I lost to Volcano CHange Base with that combo if you remember.

Yes, you lost to Volcano Change Base, but you know just how close that was...
As is with every "spin stealing" combo, it equalizes the spin speed of both beys. So, a tie is bound to happen. But SCB has awesome LAD, so probably it would stand out for sure. The way you lost against Volcano Change, was when after a long round of equalization, Volcano Change suddenly got slightly aggressive (towards the end), and sent your SCB right up the slope. And then it descended, only to actually fall down(the speed of the descent was too fast, and I actually thought that it'd KO my Volcano Change); sending my Volcano Change up the slope. Aaand, Volcano Change's LAD properties are at its fullest strength when on an elevation(the free-spinning 'wheel' down there would have an inclined plane to aid in rolling around for a longer time) . Sooo...

In this case, the Attacker would have required to KO SCB (as OSing is severely tough), and in a BB-10, its a humongous task. A weak launch would just add to the problems of the attacker.
But thanks to the wide range of your Dragon Breaker attacker; and a stamina-saving, long lasting aggressive movement, it didn't give any chances to the opponent. The only problem of your attacker, was supposed to be recoil(and even a few floor scrapes, if you remember). Everything else was easily taken care of. Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 09, 2012

Bring it over to the Plastic General Discussion thread guys

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 12, 2012

So, the Winning Combinations of Easter Eggcellence:

1st - Hell Kid: MF Phantom Cancer 230 CS/WD,
2nd - BeyHyperKiLLer: MF-H Duo Cancer AD145/BD145 CS, MF-H Phantom/Duo Cancer B:D, MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS/D
3rd - Control_: MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 MF, MF-H Phantom Kerbecs 230 CS
4th - Void: MF-H Phantom Kerbecs 230 CS, MF-H Duo Cygnus TH170 CS, MF-H Duo Cygnus 230 MB, L-Drago Guardian BD145 CS/LRF, Diablo Nemesis 105 RDF
5th - Drew Peacock: MF-H Phantom Hades TH170 D
6th - Blitz: MF Phantom Cancer(?) 230 CS, MF Flash Beelzebub CH120(?) MF/RF

I know i have missed out some combos, i will ask around in PM to confirm with other people, i will then EDIT.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Apr. 13, 2012

Wow, those are a bunch of top tier customs up there!
Hell Kid's combination is technically a bit weird, haha!
230CS is rather a Defense setup, but yes, it certainly is used for Stamina at times, but on TH170 instead of 230.
And 230WD has always been regarded as an imbalanced setup...
And again, we have MF/-H Stamina combos winning, haha!

Oh, so Blitz used Flash...
Wonder why he placed so low with that combination, which would actually easily take down all combos that placed above his.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Justaway - Apr. 13, 2012

Umm.. just like I got placed low with my Flash and Vari maybe..
That is.. self KO?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 13, 2012

Because sometimes test results don't really mirror competitive environment. Accuracy of results specifically with attack types is compromised when mislaunches are disregarded / redone.

Or it's just one of those days.

Anyway, BeyHyperKiLLer, do you remember Void's battle when he used MF-H Duo 230 MB? What did he face? Did he win the battle?

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 13, 2012

(Apr. 13, 2012  6:44 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Wow, those are a bunch of top tier customs up there!
Hell Kid's combination is technically a bit weird, haha!
230CS is rather a Defense setup, but yes, it certainly is used for Stamina at times, but on TH170 instead of 230.
And 230WD has always been regarded as an imbalanced setup...
And again, we have MF/-H Stamina combos winning, haha!

Oh, so Blitz used Flash...
Wonder why he placed so low with that combination, which would actually easily take down all combos that placed above his.
Have you not seen my MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS thread? Hell Kid has been using it for ages... And, it has been dominating the UK meta. But yeah, no idea why he used WD, his CS's were calm and he had a D, i think, but WD seemed to work for him as well.

Blitz normally does really well with Flash, but yesterday, he had an off day. He used Flash for 4 battles and MF-H Phantom 230 CS once.

(Apr. 13, 2012  7:23 AM)Uwik Wrote: Anyway, BeyHyperKiLLer, do you remember Void's battle when he used MF-H Duo 230 MB? What did he face? Did he win the battle?
Yes, he won. It was against me in fact, i was just putting together MF-H Duo Cancer 230 MB, and then someone told me not to, so i changed to MF-H Duo Cancer B:D (7 min mold), then i saw he was using MF-H Duo 230 MB, i was like i'm screwed... he beat me 3-0.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Apr. 13, 2012

Haha, have faith next time. Anyway congratulations on placing 2nd. It's an achievement. Smile

It's interesting to see different communities' metas shift into an even less attack orientation than before with Phantoms and Duos all over the place. Enjoy it while it lasts. 5-10 second battles are the future with the Zero G.

@BeyHyperKiller- Ah, I seriously seem to have missed your MF-H Phantom Cancer 230CS thread! Supaburn
Oh, so that is why Flash didn't do well up there...

Also, I completely agree with Uwik. It certainly is interesting to see the metas of different regions get more Defense/Stamina based than ever. Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeyHyperK!LLeR - Apr. 13, 2012

This is really strange, but most people in the UK, apart from Blitz, find Flash less effective. I mean its good but people seem to be doing better with Blitz and stuff. Like someone in my group used Blitz and done well with it and then he used Flash and did terrible.

Yeah, that certainly is strange...
Blitz and Flash both, are relatively easy to control.
The only noticeable difference I've seen between the two is that Blitz is capable of low-velocity KOs, while Flash isn't entirely capable of performing the same feat.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Arupaeo - Apr. 13, 2012

(Apr. 13, 2012  10:55 AM)Uwik Wrote: Haha, have faith next time. Anyway congratulations on placing 2nd. It's an achievement. Smile

It's interesting to see different communities' metas shift into an even less attack orientation than before with Phantoms and Duos all over the place. Enjoy it while it lasts. 5-10 second battles are the future with the Zero G.

Hah. I'm not at all certain that that would be the case. Weight will determine movement in Zero-G and contact is actually at a minimum from the testing I've done. My guess would be that stamina will still be alive and well in Zero-G.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Apr. 13, 2012

jan: Flash is just as capable of Low Velocity KO's as Blitz, but no wheel is good at low velocity KO's - beys are too heavy to be moved at low velocity now. Flash has, in testing, repeatedly performed better than Blitz - I know for sure mine does. But, that said, due to the distribution it's not as easy to control.

@BeyHyperKiller: Always trust your gut in a situation like that. Whoever told you not to use it deserves a good slap - especially if you were going to use BGrin instead which is, from what I've seen, worse against absolutely everything, regardless of mold.