World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Oct. 31, 2011

(Oct. 31, 2011  3:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hey Kei, what mode did you use TH170 in?
Good combos those...
I am especially fond of those attack combos...
But seriously, no one used Blitz or VariAres? Unhappy

I used the 170 height against Phantom Bull BD145CS.

One person was using Blitz in our block in all of his matches! He went 3-3 overall, I believe. lord Wolfblade wasn't there, but he usually uses VariAres quite a bit.

(Oct. 31, 2011  5:04 PM)H8R Wrote: that's quite a nice meta right there XD
no basalt either haha ....Kei???? but yeah no VariAres or Blitz is weird

There was plenty of Basalt. Just because something wasn't used in the finals doesn't mean it wasn't used at all!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hazel - Oct. 31, 2011

I think he was referring to you not using it, as you have been known to Romance the Volcanostone.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Oct. 31, 2011

(Oct. 31, 2011  3:48 PM)Kei Wrote: Things That Go Bumpking in the Night Again!:
1st: Kei - MF Phantom Aquario TH170D / MF L Drago Destroy BD145MF / Phantom Aquario AD145WD
2nd: Pockyx3 - MF Gravity Perseus R145RF / Scythe Kronos BD145CS
3rd: 1234beyblade - Phantom Bull BD145CS

These were the combos that were used in the finals between all three of us. I believe Pocky used a third combo as well, but I'm not sure.

And you were telling me that you are not sure about LDD for top tier Tongue_out (BTW that combo is SPAMed a lot in sydney.)
I am surprised that you beat pocky considering Gravity R145RF should beat those two stamina combos.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Laseryon - Oct. 31, 2011

The Dual Duel, hellkerbex900 3rd:phantom kerbecks TH170 WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - gibsonmac - Nov. 01, 2011

Kei do you mind if I ask what mode LDD was in?? and what you faced with it?

RE: Winning Combinations. - MetalZoroark21 - Nov. 01, 2011

The Duel Dual, October 16th: Block 1:
1st Place: MetalZoroark21: MF-H Basalt Bull BGrin
2nd Place: Arupeao: (not sure if it had a Metal Face or not) Scythe Kerbecs 230CS
3rd PlaceUnhappyCant remember the name) Phantom_TH170WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mickey - Nov. 01, 2011

I believe 1234beyblade was using Phantom Cancer BD145CS, not Phantom Bull BD145CS.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 01, 2011

(Oct. 31, 2011  7:58 PM)Hazel Wrote: I think he was referring to you not using it, as you have been known to Romance the Volcanostone.

You're referencing something here and it's going over my head completely LOL. I did use Basalt a few times myself, just not in the finals. It's not as insanely good-no-matter-what-you-face as it used to be.

(Oct. 31, 2011  9:46 PM)RustyXD Wrote: And you were telling me that you are not sure about LDD for top tier Tongue_out (BTW that combo is SPAMed a lot in sydney.)
I am surprised that you beat pocky considering Gravity R145RF should beat those two stamina combos.

It's probably good enough, but I wouldn't qualify its use in this combo as necessarily "top-tier" material! It's good against specific things.

Fortunately, Pocky only used Gravity Perseus R145RF in one of our matches, but I was using MF L Drago Destroy BD145MF and defeated him.

(Nov. 01, 2011  12:28 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Kei do you mind if I ask what mode LDD was in?? and what you faced with it?

Absorb ... I think? I decided to use it mainly as a response to the increase in use of Meteo L Drago combos at the previous tournament, but oddly enough, I didn't run into any this time around! It would have shut them down, and as I proved throughout the tournament, it can KO many Stamina combos reliably as well.

(Nov. 01, 2011  12:47 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote:

I believe 1234beyblade was using Phantom Cancer BD145CS, not Phantom Bull BD145CS.

Ah, okay. I've fixed it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Nov. 01, 2011

(Nov. 01, 2011  12:57 AM)Kei Wrote: It's probably good enough, but I wouldn't qualify its use in this combo as necessarily "top-tier" material! It's good against specific things.

Fortunately, Pocky only used Gravity Perseus R145RF in one of our matches, but I was using MF L Drago Destroy BD145RF and defeated him.
Don't you mean BD145MF? :V Unless your earlier post was the typo.

God I wish I could go to your tournaments, I seriously need to practice with attackers.

Hopefully come Christmas time you'll set up an STT2 or a tournament by any other name. That would be my best chance of attending.
I don't see how he didn't win! Tongue_out The mindgames you play, Kei, it is commendable! I mean, you got me nervous enough to not use MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF because I thought you'd pull out the logical combination to nullify it: MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS but alas you didn't and my plan of using a LTSC to destabilize you was thwarted proficiently!

/endrant lol

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Nov. 01, 2011

(Nov. 01, 2011  1:07 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:57 AM)Kei Wrote: It's probably good enough, but I wouldn't qualify its use in this combo as necessarily "top-tier" material! It's good against specific things.

Fortunately, Pocky only used Gravity Perseus R145RF in one of our matches, but I was using MF L Drago Destroy BD145RF and defeated him.
Don't you mean BD145MF? :V Unless your earlier post was the typo.

God I wish I could go to your tournaments, I seriously need to practice with attackers.

Hopefully come Christmas time you'll set up an STT2 or a tournament by any other name. That would be my best chance of attending.
I don't see how he didn't win! Tongue_out The mindgames you play, Kei, it is commendable! I mean, you got me nervous enough to not use MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF because I thought you'd pull out the logical combination to nullify it: MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS but alas you didn't and my plan of using a LTSC to destabilize you was thwarted proficiently!

/endrant lol

I did. Fixed it.

I wish you could come to my (well, anyone's) tournaments as well!

Ahaha, it was quite a risky move on my part to use Basalt TH170CS or whatever I used, but I had a hunch that you would try to counter the logical combo choice to use against someone who often uses Attack types. So basically, I countered your counter LOL.

I played some major mind games with Pocky prior to our matches, but I won't get into that!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Nov. 01, 2011

(Nov. 01, 2011  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: I wish you could come to my (well, anyone's) tournaments as well!
SOMEDAY MY BEY-HEART WILL MAKE MY WINGS GROW INTO CLOUDS AND SAIL TO HIGH PARK !!!!
(Nov. 01, 2011  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Ahaha, it was quite a risky move on my part to use Basalt TH170CS or whatever I used, but I had a hunch that you would try to counter the logical combo choice to use against someone who often uses Attack types. So basically, I countered your counter LOL.

I played some major mind games with Pocky prior to our matches, but I won't get into that!

sneaky, sneaky!

I don't mind you revealing everything to me via PM's but I guess that would work against you the day I manage to make it to a tournament! Or I could just tense up and mess up, again hahaha.

Anyway, hope you all had fun and I also hope some of your attack users get VariAres! Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hazel - Nov. 01, 2011

(Nov. 01, 2011  12:57 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2011  7:58 PM)Hazel Wrote: I think he was referring to you not using it, as you have been known to Romance the Volcanostone.

You're referencing something here and it's going over my head completely LOL. I did use Basalt a few times myself, just not in the finals. It's not as insanely good-no-matter-what-you-face as it used to be.

"Basalt" is a type of sub-volcanic rock. "Romancing the Stone" is an old rom-com movie from the 80's.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Gen SimpL - Nov. 06, 2011

Sydney Australia Tournament
Bey-Spring

1st: Big Bang Blader with Phantom Orion B:D ( stock bey.....) and MF-H Libra DF145WD
2nd: KyoyaLeone with Basalt Aquario B:D
3rd: Me/Darkblader12 with Scythe Kronos BD145CS, VariAres R145RF and MF-H Phantom Orion B:D

wat a group of B:D spammers XD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Nov. 06, 2011

FIGHT CLUB: Legend (06 November 2011)

1st : MF-H Scythe Quetzacoatl B:D (he also used few Phantom + Basalt combos)
2nd : MF-H VariAres BD145 LRF
3rd : MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF

Lots of Deaths were used, but none made it to finals.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Nov. 06, 2011

DB12 BigBang Blader Also used MF-H Libra DF145WD . I came 4TH BTW and used Basalt Bull 230D , Scythe Kronos TH170CS , Beat Lynx GB145 and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.

Uwik Strange to see that a BGrin combo beat all those attack combos.

(Nov. 06, 2011  10:15 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Uwik Strange to see that a BGrin combo beat all those attack combos.

He used Phantom and Basalt as defense when faced with attackers. The BGrin was his most used one.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 06, 2011

Was it the same person who used L Drago Destroy BD145RF?

RE: Winning Combinations. - AeroRespawn - Nov. 06, 2011

(Nov. 06, 2011  9:47 AM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Legend (06 November 2011)

1st : MF-H Scythe Quetzacoatl BGrin (he also used few Phantom + Basalt combos)

I'm a little surprised that VariAres didn't win.

(Nov. 06, 2011  6:12 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Was it the same person who used L Drago Destroy BD145RF?

Yes, it was. How do you remember these things.. Haha

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Nov. 12, 2011

Roanoke, VA, USA
The Face Race:

1st Place: othellog (MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170D)
2nd Place: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) (MF Phantom Aquario BGrin)
3rd Place: (✿◠‿◠) (Meteo L-Drago 100WD)

Othellog and I used other combo's throughout the tournament, but those listed are just what we used in the finals.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Nov. 12, 2011

D eh? Hm.

(Nov. 06, 2011  6:18 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2011  9:47 AM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Legend (06 November 2011)

1st : MF-H Scythe Quetzacoatl BGrin (he also used few Phantom + Basalt combos)

I'm a little surprised that VariAres didn't win.

Probably because of the poor choice of track.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Nov. 12, 2011

Or the more obvious scenario: Bad launching.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Nov. 12, 2011

He actually KO'd my Phantom a couple times at 170 height, and beat me once by out spin.

It ended at 2-3.

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Nov. 13, 2011

Dan: considering he placed second, he was probably launching pretty decently.

RE: Winning Combinations. - MetalZoroark21 - Nov. 13, 2011

The Climatic DJ Battle
1st-Arupaeo-MF-H Variares R145RF
2nd-Broseph317-MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin/Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
3rd-MetalZoroark21-MF-H Phantom Orion BD145CS