World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - sum 472 - Oct. 22, 2011

What's up with these erratic combos used to win tournaments? Horogium?... on a Stamina type?. F with Vulcan?
He/She should have used R^2F. Only one good 4D attack MW was used, except for BBP which miraculously won.
@ Weird Face Guy who likes Medabots: Soo Bringing Scythe to Melbourne when it comes.
Oh and btw, is the EDS Variant of that combo better than the CS variant?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Arupaeo - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 22, 2011  11:49 PM)sum 472 Wrote: What's up with these erratic combos used to win tournaments? Horogium?... on a Stamina type?. F with Vulcan?
He/She should have used R^2F. Only one good 4D attack MW was used, except for BBP which miraculously won.
@ Weird Face Guy who likes Medabots: Soo Bringing Scythe to Melbourne when it comes.

We call him Angry Face up in MD, but I hear he just goes by Angry these days... Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Oct. 23, 2011

Today's combinations (mostly Hasbro bladers) at OPERATION: OCCUPY TRU

1st place: Phantom Kronos BD145EDS
2nd place: Earth Virgo GB145WD
3rd Place: Phantom Kronos BD145EDS/Earth Pegasis 100WD (or something like that)

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Oct. 23, 2011

How did 3rd place not come 2nd with the combos they were using?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Raigeko13 - Oct. 23, 2011

I know SniperTM was first. Congrats!
And what Rusty said. Chocked_2

RE: Winning Combinations. - sum 472 - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 23, 2011  12:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Today's combinations (mostly Hasbro bladers) at OPERATION: OCCUPY TRU

And how didn't the second Phantom Kronos BD145EDS not be tied with the other for 1st place? There the same combos!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 23, 2011  12:28 AM)sum 472 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  12:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Today's combinations (mostly Hasbro bladers) at OPERATION: OCCUPY TRU

And how didn't the second Phantom Kronos BD145EDS not be tied with the other for 1st place? There the same combos!
We all watched as Thermal Leone 145D KO'd it like, 2 or 3 times, by the way.

Because the kid who got second was the winner of the winner's bracket of double elimination. Sniper (first place) used an attacker and didn't win so he got thrown into the loser's bracket. You can't come in third if you are the winner of the winner's bracket.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Oct. 23, 2011

FIGHT CLUB: Octoberfest

1st: MF-H Phantom Bull TH170 CS
2nd: MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
3rd: MF-L Phantom Kronos B:D

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 23, 2011  12:28 AM)sum 472 Wrote:

You're not serious, surely?

You don't think that people might launch at different power/with different techniques? Or that they may not have used a single combo throughout the whole tourney?

Wow.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hazel - Oct. 23, 2011

Surprised to see Phantom take first in a Defense Combo, but it's pretty neat! Did it go up against any Basalt variants or particularly strong Attackers?

Yeah, 1st place went through Heavy Attackers & Stamina B:D and such. It was a RR system. So, she had to go through her block and the final block. Few attackers are in the video in the tournament thread. But it was in my block (block 4) that had Vari, LDD, Beat, Blitz?

Her block (Block 2) had a few heavy attackers and a couple of anti meta as well, iirc. I think her only loss in the final was to a left spin attacker.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hazel - Oct. 23, 2011

That's quite impressive, then. Seems Phantom is quickly becoming the New Basalt on the Block.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Shabalabadoo - Oct. 23, 2011

(Oct. 23, 2011  7:17 PM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Octoberfest

3rd: MF-L Phantom Kronos B: D

Smug heheh. May I ask who used it?

Judging by this and your post before mine, it sounds like lots of fun for an attack player.

(Oct. 23, 2011  8:06 PM)Hazel Wrote: That's quite impressive, then. Seems Phantom is quickly becoming the New Basalt on the Block.
Yo, Kei, you hear that?

(Oct. 23, 2011  8:08 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  7:17 PM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Octoberfest

3rd: MF-L Phantom Kronos B: D

Smug heheh. May I ask who used it?

Judging by this and your post before mine, it sounds like lots of fun for an attack player.

(Oct. 23, 2011  8:06 PM)Hazel Wrote: That's quite impressive, then. Seems Phantom is quickly becoming the New Basalt on the Block.
Yo, Kei, you hear that?

Stephen74 (the host) used it. He took 2nd place in the previous tourney too, with this exact same combo.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Oct. 23, 2011

He should really try VariAres before people remember to weak launch against him, leaving his LDrago completely useless!

He launched at medium strength only, and stalled each time too. Imagine doing that with an RF. He spin-stole my scythe rsf once, and spin-stole my mint RS to death (0-3) at the tiebreaker. It works for him somehow. Check the video Dan. He lost to MB by maybe half a spin only.

You'd still lose when opponent is weak launching though..?

I tried his combo vs mine the night before, weak/regular/stalled/slide etc. I got 90% win rate, which I thought was excellent. But come game day, I got mauled. Lol

Edit: oh and he switched to vari for the final match... And lost to the 1st place.... Strange huh..

Very needs one hell of a launch to get those hardcore rpm's lol
Probably just tournament jitters?

Not really sure. Plenty of wall-saves though. But definitely not the jitters. He's quite 'seasoned'. I actually have loads of video clips of him using the same LDD in the previous tournament, where the KOs were more eye candy, I just never uploaded them. I guess sometimes on game day, we can't always predict a combo's performance.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bleik - Oct. 23, 2011

Uwik: What exact attack combos were used against Phantom Bull TH170CS?
Dan: I bet your Apple iPad/iPhone changed Vari to Very. lol

Indeed it did.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Chups - Oct. 23, 2011

BeyNova

1st - MF-H Basalt Aquario R145WD/BGrin - Chups
2nd - Hell Kerbecs BD145B - JuniorMasters
3rd - Hell Kerbecs BD145WD - torcher1234

The reason the 2nd and 3rd combos were sub-par was because all the best bladers were in one block. Omega, Resistance, TDragonGX, Novae Rog and I. We had all the Blitz, Vari, Phantom, BGrin. Whoever won that block automatically won the tournament I guess.

BeyQuake

1st - Scythe Aquario BD145MB, MF-H VariAres TR145R2F - Chups
2nd - Scythe/Phantom/Basalt BGrin
3rd - MF Basalt Bull BD145CS, MF VariAres R145RF

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Oct. 23, 2011

Basalt need to leave lol. I have a question, was your BGrin aggressive? Or was it most likely calm?

You should really mix it up with that sort of situation and disperse the good players, honestly.. Good job winning the block though.

Edit: you guise seriously have to try VariAres CH120..