World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Aug. 28, 2011

No.
I've got to agree with KC, the number of people dramatically alters people's decisions:
With a small group you feel much more secure to go out on a limb or so, but when you see like 20-30 people you are much more insecure and feel the need to go with safe choices.
Also, you still see Basalt combinations used. You don't know who used what how much of the time. 8 people. 8.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 28, 2011

I've got video, will post!

See, we had various amounts of Basalt usage. The number was small, but it wasn't something easy. The better bladers were using it, and I was afraid not too use my Attack Types, but I did.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bluezee - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  5:15 PM)Dan Wrote: No.
I've got to agree with KC, the number of people dramatically alters people's decisions:
With a small group you feel much more secure to go out on a limb or so, but when you see like 20-30 people you are much more insecure and feel the need to go with safe choices.
Also, you still see Basalt combinations used. You don't know who used what how much of the time. 8 people. 8.

Hmm...now that I think of it, that does is quite a factor. Point taken. It's a good start though at least. I would rather see this than nothing at all.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 28, 2011

I mean, it's like saying you're up against 3 others, plus if you make it in Semi's, you go farther, and everyone's using Basalt, nearly. Most of us knew Scythe was gonna be a hard ball, so Dan, do notice Basalt was used, but so were some great Stamina's like Hell, Spin Stealers like Meteo, everyone, nearly, wanted top-tier.
Hey Bluezee and Dan, when BeyCenter was using Scythe, people were way too over confident thinking "oh my Basalt will kill it".

It was a mixed environment. People were really expecting not much, but when Gravity, Lightning, Meteo, and stuff made themselves in, Basalt was used and well, it somewhat took the plate. But people who properly used Attackers, took down various Basalt combinations.

Sure, uis small, but competition was high. For my next tourney, I will have more people.

But thanks, Bluezee!

Dan too, I guess, thanks for pointing that out, but still, it wasn't like there was nothing, it was tense.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Fury - Aug. 30, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  5:08 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:02 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: There was only 8 people though Tired.

Regardless of the number, it is still relevant considering that small amount was still dominated by something that is seen as unsafe.

the reason is that a lot of kids were young. i still think the tournament shouldnt of been official to many young kids and only 8 people they picked who can come. thats why he used attack. i will be posting what i used after the next tourny september 10

RE: Winning Combinations. - Imperial - Aug. 30, 2011

(Aug. 30, 2011  1:57 AM)Fury Wrote: i will be posting what i used after the next tourny september 10

How do you know you will win?

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 30, 2011

(Aug. 30, 2011  1:57 AM)Fury Wrote: the reason is that a lot of kids were young. i still think the tournament shouldnt of been official to many young kids and only 8 people they picked who can come. thats why he used attack. i will be posting what i used after the next tourny september 10
I think you're wrong.

Because only one participant was under the age of 10, thank you very much.

You yourself are 13 or 14, the average age totalled was 15.

The oldest one was, 18 I believe? He did excellent, I don't know why you dare make up such thing.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Aug. 30, 2011

Just thought I would add my thoughts to this:

Attack was only frequently used because of the fact that there was an extremely small amount of people and TBH there wasn't any great defense combos. At when beys collide there was a total of 20 people and I used attack throughout the whole tournament due to the small amount of people , but at other tournaments were there is 30 people or so I stick to stamina or defense.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Sep. 11, 2011

Just here to post the results of: MAXIMUM BATTLES 1.0 Tourney held in Schaumburg, IL!
[Posted in original tounry thread too, but c'mon, it really belongs here]

Okay, this was amazing! Everything went fine! AMAZING! Places:

1st Place: EagleLibra [Only/Main Combo = Hell Aquario BD145WD]
2nd Place: BeyBladestation [Main Combo[s], MF-H VariAres BD145R2F, MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145EDS/CS
3rd Place: earthkerbecs123 [Main Combo: Hell Kerbecs BD145WD]

Note: You cannoy complain about participants because there was an overwhelming number, 25 or that much isn't small.

Note EXT: Basalt was FREQUENTLY used by many of the bladers at the battle tourney. I was, myself, unsurprised and seeing how corny our Metagame could be described as, heck, know I've seen the damage up close and the Basalt loss pressure. Crazy. Stuff. Anyways, props to people like:

-BeyBladestation [Versed Many Basalt Variants, and never used Basalt even once!]
-ShortyVybe [Skillfully used 230 and Lightning L-Drago with his skill to make it to the finals! Didn't use Basalt either!]
-KamiKaziBlader [WOW! Never ever versed someone like you before, EXTREMELY GOOD. I was baffled at any use of wits that I had. Wow!]
-BeyCenter [A BLITZ! I was amazed! He did pretty good as well]
-SilverPoseidon [Hmph, you did OK with your Blitz as well, NO Basalt man, nice!]

RE: Winning Combinations. - Raigeko13 - Sep. 11, 2011

Funny how you give yourself props XD
Every combo had BD145? lolwut

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Sep. 11, 2011

I gave myself that because we were all trying to escape what I call, "Basalt's Realm of Doom". It was quite attracting to me, I had to refrain from even looking at it after I lost my first and only match, we were using Double Elimination by the way.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Justaway - Sep. 11, 2011

So after Basalt..its BD145 dominating the metagame? Tongue_out

Well my tourney(which was long ago) had only stamina customs and they were the ones placed in top 3:
1. Basalt Aquario DF145 WD
2. Earth Eagle 145 WD
3. Flame Libra T125 WD

All of them had WD as you can see..so my tourney was dominated by stamina types

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Sep. 11, 2011

MFB Vs plastics

1st Me Scythe Kronos BD145EDS for all my matches execpt 3 in those I used Basalt Kerbecs 230MF twice and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS once(Only because I knew what second would use)
2nd NFS2000 MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
3rd Unlucky Earth Bull 100WD and Basalt Aquario GB145CS

Yep basalt was spammed although I took out heaps of basalt combos with scythe.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Sep. 11, 2011

What were the plastic combos?

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Sep. 11, 2011

Nothing 2 special since there was like 4 people who actually owned plastics out of the 13 that attended so a lot of people lent out beys.

1st Darkblader12 Driger V
2nd Unlucky some master dragoon upper attack combo
3rd Stormpegasus5 Dranzer G with Dragoon G's AR and WD.

I came like last with my
AR: Dranzer S
WD: Dranzer S
SG : Dragoon V2
BB : Dragoon V2

Need to get a dragoon G for eight spiker Tired Hopefully our plastic metagame will get better in the future but I not sure if I am going to host another one :L

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Sep. 26, 2011

At the last minute tournament we had in NYC two days ago, these were the winning combos:

1st Place - Deikailo: Variares BD145RF, Blitz Unicorno 85R2F
2nd Place - shadow x 9365: Lightning L Drago BD145RF, Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
3rd Place - Ethan H: Earth 100WD (I think. I'm not entirely sure)

Half way through the tournament, Shadow X and I realized that no one had used Basalt or Scythe even once during the tournament, even though we both had it. We had to enter the parents into the tournament to meet the minimum. After a few matches, they got tired of losing. They picked up weak launching quickly and switched to attack types to KO their opponents. My only loss was to sp85mf's mother, who used a low track RF based LLD attacker against my blitz unicorno 85R2F and KO'd me twice.

They got really into it. The most anticipated battles during the event were the matches the parents participated in.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Raigeko13 - Sep. 26, 2011

Great to hear that a Basalt didn't even appear in your tournament! Joyful_3 That's awesome that the parents actually got really into it! I wish mine would do that! XD Nice job Dei.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Sep. 27, 2011

Fight Club: Collision (September 25th, 2011)

1st place: Marcell e with MF-H Basalt Horogium 230 MF
2nd place: stephen74 with MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
3rd place: emily2000 with MF-H Basalt Bull 230 CS

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kujikato - Sep. 27, 2011

still a basalt dominance in indo......... where is thy sting Blitz and VariAres?

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Sep. 27, 2011

(Sep. 27, 2011  6:23 AM)Uwik Wrote: Fight Club: Collision (September 25th, 2011)

1st place: Marcell e with MF-H Basalt Horogium 230 MF
2nd place: stephen74 with MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
3rd place: emily2000 with MF-H Basalt Bull 230 CS

Ahh its nice to see L Drago Destory get some places , it is used in sydney by like 3 people 2 of which got places with it.

dei wow must have been fun , having attack battles all day.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LCD - Sep. 27, 2011

"Perth Put On The Map!" results
1st=BigBangBladerX1 with BigBang Pegasus UW145RF (me)
2nd=fat bob with Meteo Ldrago ED145WD and Earth Pegasus (not sure) WD
3rd=SDamanCronous with Earth Bull AD145WD and MF-H Scythe Aquario 85CS

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Sep. 27, 2011

Strange meta , was there any defense combos?

RE: Winning Combinations. - LCD - Sep. 27, 2011

well not quite sure because it was a Robin Block tourney so i didn't really verse everyone
well i guess TokyoBoyy used a bosalt (cant remember again) 230XF so the bosalts kinnda defence if he didnt use the XF on it (he only used the combo once or twice)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Relic - Oct. 06, 2011

These were the winning combos in

[Hyderabad, India.] It's raining Ripcords and Launchers -

1st Place: Relic (Winning Combo - MF-M Blitz Unicorno CH120RF)

2nd Place: Electric (Winning combo - MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS)

3rd Place: BladingSpirit5 (Winning Combo - MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF)

[Bangalore,India] Indian Beyblade is Resurrected-

1. Relic - MF Lightning LDrago T125RF

2. Electric - MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS

3. BladingSpirit5 - Hell Kerbecs BD145WD (Boost Mode.)

Attack types dominated in both the tournaments.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Oct. 06, 2011

They did nice meta but there is always someone using basalt Tongue_out

I am surprised that Lightning L Drago T125RF defeated Basalt Kerbecs 230CS , very strange for me epically.
Just out of curiosity Relic why didn't use use Blitz for the second tournament?