World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Cye Kinomiya - Aug. 23, 2011

(Aug. 23, 2011  2:19 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2011  12:55 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2011  11:16 PM)Bluezee Wrote: In all honesty, it really takes no considerable amount, in fact a VERY minute amount of skill to use Defense and Stamina types, more specifally Stamina types. All you have to do with a Stamina type is pull as hard and fast as you can and hope to outspin your opponent. It takes more skill to master attack types do to their volatile nature and unpredictable, until controlled, movements. That is why there are launching techniques specifically designated to Attack types. Sure they can be applied to other types but the real efficiency is evident in attack types. You don't need to know any advanced launching techniques when it comes to types other than attack types. Stamina types require no practice which ends up translating to laziness. With attackers, it is EXTREMELY important to know all necessary launch techniques and when and where to apply them. That is when true skill appears and is evident.

You can give any new blader with a half decent launch power any of these recent combos posted on here and they could win. You can not do that with attackers because they take time, patience and practice which will translate into skill. So yeah, maybe it did seem like I just told all the tournament winners on the forum that they had no skill which essentially is what my message translated out to be for some however, it is not said without reason because everything I just said here is correct.

Basically, even if they did not come in first place, you can clearly distinguished the skilled and trying from the ones who are unskilled and taking the easy way out of things with the added convienience of slightly knowing what their area has to offer. They are more so using knowledge rather than skill along with the usual "spam because I don't know any better or can not do any better than this". They don't get respected for that at all. I respect the player who went out of their way to learn and expand their game and make themselves better. Not the ones who just copied and pasted the whole top-tier combo list into their pockets.
Oooo so THIS is why you use combos like Libra 85D, Scythe Kronos 230MF and Earth Aquario 85D in tournaments...aaah I see now.

Sooo I guess when I poorly select a Scythe Kronos BD145EDS against my opponent who had chosen a Basalt 230WD during a stalling clause, it meant absolutely nothing when I knew how to KO it 3 times consecutively.

You know, I would use attack all the time...if you didn't take my opponents aside constantly and essentially cheat.

LMAO! Ohh, good stuff.

The guy who won the last NY tourney used an attack type for the whole thing I think. At least in every match I judged. Actually, I hadn't seen him play until he faced me, so I thought he was some unsuspecting little kid so I used a Scythe stamina combo for the first time the whole tournament and he just knocked me out so easily. Then I watched him KO a couple of CS combos too. It's funny too because while I hadn't seen any of his matches before mine, after I lost to him, he said that the only reason he won is because I switched to the Scythe combo, instead of using the defense combo he saw me use before.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Aug. 23, 2011

(Aug. 23, 2011  2:19 AM)Bluezee Wrote: You know, I would use attack all the time...if you didn't take my opponents aside constantly and essentially cheat.
Oooh you mean like Killerspinner and Whitewave? The little kids who have the potential to be so much more, but currently don't stand a chance against you? Boosting their confidence by letting them use my parts and telling them they can totally do this is completely cheating, especially when I use these tactics against my own teammates. You are totally right, even though there is nothing mentioned about this in the rules.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Cye Kinomiya - Aug. 23, 2011

Psssh. WhiteWave isn't scared. SHE HAS A BLACK BELT!

RE: Winning Combinations. - ControL_ - Aug. 23, 2011

Guys, off-topic much? Cheating or not, complain to yourselves/mods through PM. Look at the title of this thread.

(Aug. 23, 2011  8:57 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Psssh. WhiteWave isn't scared. SHE HAS A BLACK BELT!
Ah, I was referring to Brooklyn's Battalion when she lost to Bluezee. She's not scared at all, actually, and I never said she was. She's hardcore for a casual player lol. Unfortunately, kids don't vary their combos too much so they don't always win.
(Aug. 23, 2011  11:10 AM)ControL_ Wrote: Guys, off-topic much? Cheating or not, complain to yourselves/mods through PM. Look at the title of this thread.
It's extremely relevant since Bluezee has used those combos to win tournaments. I'm pretty sure you can see all of his gold faces.

By relevance to the thread you mean
(Aug. 23, 2011  8:57 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Psssh. WhiteWave isn't scared. SHE HAS A BLACK BELT!

And all your others which belong in PMs?

Arguing if someone is cheating or simply "boosting" oneself's confidence doesn't fit into Winning Combinations.

(Aug. 23, 2011  1:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: By relevance to the thread you mean

And all your others which belong in PMs?

Arguing if someone is cheating or simply "boosting" oneself's confidence doesn't fit into Winning Combinations.
Will power is a part of winning. Ask Cye. He'll tell you that it's the key ingredient to all things brolic.

Deception is a part of winning, we have a thread for that, it doesn't belong here.

RE: Winning Combinations. - BeybladeStation - Aug. 28, 2011

Everyone @ BEY-REVOLUTION knew Basalt wasn't undefeatable, people used Scythe, Vari, Lightnng! ATTACK WAS ABUNDANT!

Well! Here the places are!:

1st Place: BeyBladestation [WINNING COMBOS: MF VariAres BD145RF (Did right and lefts), MF Hell Kerebecs BD145CS, Hell Kerebcs BD145WD, MF Gravity Perseus [DEFENSE MODE] [LEFT] H145R2F

2nd Place: BeyCenter [ WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Aquario GB145CS, MF Scythe Kronos [STAMINA] AD145EDS, MF VariAres 90[100?]RF

3rd Place: SilverPoseidon [ WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Aquario GB145D/CS, MF Lightning L-Drago [UPPER] 90R2F, MF Meteo L-Drago 100RF]

And for a fourth place! For extras!:

4th place: CABoyBlade [WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Bull GB145DS, Earth Aquila DF145WD, MF L-Drago Destroy FConfused]

Great Metagame around here, people use Basalt, and Attack.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Whatzzer - Aug. 28, 2011

Eh,Gravity Perseus H145R2F was quite a strange combo.Also considering it was in left.Reasons?

I used it, it's not strange, I used a MINT R2F, Sliding shoot, easily KO'ed Basalt on D and somewhat CS.

But on a serious note, Basalt was used here, much more than I expected! Luckily, people @ BEY-REVOLUTION like InfernoX or Z-Blader didn't forget about combos with Burn, stamina was good too.

What made me intrested in it is the fact that you used it on left spin.Right is better for R2F,you know.

Hm?

Well. People used to yell at me before, and they said "LEFT SPIN is BETTER FOR GRAVITY, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR RIGHT SPIN THEORY"...

But, I liked R2F in Left-Spin, just a personal choice, hah.

Who?Who says that is just alot of poopoo.You can get better results if you used it in Counter,Right Spin.

th!nk said it to me.

I was outgoing, and went with Left. My MF VariAres BD145RF dominated everywhere, BeyCenter's Scythe was tremendous! Poseidon's LLD, just so simple and great!

Finally, I am proud to have a tourney where Basalt doesn't win, even with people who use it pretty good! I like this play environment.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Benjohadi - Aug. 28, 2011

at 4301 wars which had just end ew days ago..
first place (peace) : Fang Kebecs 85/130 XF/RF, Hell Kerbecs BD145 D/RF
second place : L drago destroy 130/85 LRF/XF, Meteo l drago (absorb) 130/145 W2D/D (defeat basalt horogium bd145 cs) XD
Ieatbeyblade : Basalt Horogium bd145 cs and basalt combos..

Someone won with Fang?!

Congratulations, that's a good strategy.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Aug. 28, 2011

BBS! That is incredible! Makes me want to battle you! You won your first tourney. Thats good. Congrats bro! :V

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sasodo - Aug. 28, 2011

May I post the combos I used in the Toys r Us events?

Thanks R!

akylus21, I would ask a moderator before even doing so, there could be a stir-up for this is WBO Official Tournies!

Plus, you'd need to have a earned a gold face, or have one on you. Could you PM me them but?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  3:09 PM)akylus21 Wrote: May I post the combos I used in the Toys r Us events?

This thread is for people who have won tournaments through the WBO or the people who organized WBO events. Toys R Us events arent very high when it comes to competitive play.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sasodo - Aug. 28, 2011

Never mind then.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bluezee - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  6:29 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Everyone @ BEY-REVOLUTION knew Basalt wasn't undefeatable, people used Scythe, Vari, Lightnng! ATTACK WAS ABUNDANT!

Well! Here the places are!:

1st Place: BeyBladestation [WINNING COMBOS: MF VariAres BD145RF (Did right and lefts), MF Hell Kerebecs BD145CS, Hell Kerebcs BD145WD, MF Gravity Perseus [DEFENSE MODE] [LEFT] H145R2F

2nd Place: BeyCenter [ WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Aquario GB145CS, MF Scythe Kronos [STAMINA] AD145EDS, MF VariAres 90[100?]RF

3rd Place: SilverPoseidon [ WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Aquario GB145D/CS, MF Lightning L-Drago [UPPER] 90R2F, MF Meteo L-Drago 100RF]

And for a fourth place! For extras!:

4th place: CABoyBlade [WINNING COMBOS: MF Basalt Bull GB145DS, Earth Aquila DF145WD, MF L-Drago Destroy FConfused]

Great Metagame around here, people use Basalt, and Attack.

THIS IS AMAZING! Awesome job BBS! Way to shut down that whole theory that attacks are not safe or used enough in tournaments! Perfect! Attack is definitely the way to go! Congratulations on your first tournament win as well!

RE: Winning Combinations. - KCPJ - Aug. 28, 2011

There was only 8 people though Tired.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bluezee - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  5:02 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: There was only 8 people though Tired.

Regardless of the number, it is still relevant considering that small amount was still dominated by something that is seen as unsafe.